X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

The Game's On (PG-13)

descriptionCompleteRe: The Game's On (PG-13)

more_horiz
A half smile touched Cameron's lips as Achilles brought up the exact reason for why she tends to go through shirts quicker than the average person. It was nothing to be ashamed of as Achilles was also a mutant. "Yeah... They tend to make it an adventure in trial and error when it comes to clothing. But, I've got it down to a pretty effective system when it comes to what does and does not work," Cameron said. "This style of over-sweater is one of the more brilliant sollutions I have," she added, turning slightly to show him. Unless he really looked for any sign of her wings, the sweater conceiled them perfectly. She listened to Achilles' advice about Luna. She had already picked up on the spunk that she had, but she would be sure to be slightly cautious with her until she got to know her a little better and could be a better judge of her temperment. When Achilles asked about the kinds of books she reads, Cameron smiled and shrugged. "It's really whatever seems good at the moment. Fiction, non-fiction, histories... I dabble in all of them from time to time. However, lately, I've been spending lots of time in the fiction genre. Do you have a favorite kind of book?" she commented brightly. "Mind if I sit?" she asked, gesturing to one of the empty seats across from Achilles with a small smile.

more_horiz
Achilles smiled. ''That is very clever. Good Idea to the normal person. It is hidden. To me or a few others...it is not. Smart. I think its cool....I read what ever...Spend a lot of time reading since I tend to be alone..my jobs take me all over.'' He quickly switched to a near perfect irish accent ''I have been all ove the world'' he switches back and smiles. ''I am a man of many talents...oh and sorry..Yeah sit. its fine. So rude of me. Want a drink or food?'' he asked as he slid a menu over

more_horiz
Cameron smiled and took one of the open seats at the table. "You are a master of accents then, Mr. Grimm?" she asked playfully, letting her thick Irish accent have at her words before pulling it back as she spoke again, "Thank you, but I ate earlier." She found his comment about those like him being able to pick out her mutation even though they were concealed not just under her sweater, but secured in her figure-8 harness, as well. "Are you a tracker, Achilles?" she asked. "To be able to pick up on subtle things would lend itself nicely to that type of skill." She was making conversation, nothing more. However, after having to hide her mutations for so long she was still cautious about letting others know or see what made her different. It made her curious to know how he could pick up on her wings and wondered if it was due to Blade mentioning it or he simply could.

more_horiz
"I don't think anyone's gonna bite your style." Kas chuckled. Giving a 'sure, why not' sort of shrug, he glanced around the food court one more time.
"Okay. I'll meet you there." He offered. "My stomach feels like a beast trying to claw its way out."
That said, he went to stand in line at the nearest fast food stand, browsing through text messages and news feeds on his phone while waiting.
After a few minutes, Kas did just what he said, meandering over to the vicinity and spotting Blade's table easily. He carried a tray with a burger and fries, and enough ketchup to drown it all with.

Kas looked over the small group of people at the table, developing a smirk as his baby blues passed over Cameron. Gavin's friend, huh? He would have never guessed. For some odd reason, he felt like the other guy was vaguely familiar in some way. 
"So this is where all the cool kids sit." He snikkered, shoving the bag underneath a chair and setting the tray down. "I dunno.. seems too quiet over here to be Gavin's table!"

more_horiz
Achilles chuckled at camerns comment. ''Yeah...I have moved around a lot. Need to...'' Achilles smiled. ''I am sometimes a hunter. I like to hunt people. Its a hobby, I do multiple jobs. Hence why I was busy. It is helpful..very helpful indeed.'' He paused as he saw the new person show up. ''It would be where all the cool kids sit if Gavin didn't sit here'' Achilles said with a smile. He looked at him...He seemed familiar. Where...... Achilles looked at him with a cautious expression. ''Ever been to Vegas? Or the area around?'' He asked. ''Oh by the way. Names Achilles. Achilles Grimm. Whats yours?''

more_horiz
Cameron nodded as she listened to Achilles' explanation to his heightened observation ability. A hunter of people? Interesting... She wondered what he meant by his hobby of hunting people being helpful. She was about to ask about that when she noticed another new face join their table. The man and Achilles exchanged greetings as Cameron was overcome with a shy-quietness she often experienced when she met new people. However, since she moved to the institute, this old habit was showing up less and less frequently. Cameron simply folded her hands in her lap and listened.  

more_horiz
Blade nodded at Kas. "Alright, I'll see you there in a moment. Don't back down on the food though." Gavin said, developing a small smile, before leaving, to go back to his table. It was nice having a lot of people around. No troubles would befall that mall that day. Well, even if it did happen, four mutants would be enough to take care of that. Gavin could already imagine him, Kas, Achilles and Cameron wasting M.R.D bastards.

Gavin quickly arrived at his table, but hid over it, on the ceiling, to let Achilles and Cameron meet normally. Once he saw Kas looking over, Blade dropped down next to his table. A clap was heard, as he looked back. "Getting acquainted much kids?!" He asked with a chuckle. "We will be joined by a friend soon. So talk to each other before he arrives." Sure enough, Kelly arrived, and his comment made Blade chuckle. "I have a plan to make things heat up a bit. Hope you three don't mind very loud music."

more_horiz
Cameron couldn't help but jump slightly as Blade landed next to them, but after realizing it was him, she smirked and shook her head. Sneaky, Blade. Sneaking up on people... When he mentioned very loud music, Cameron looked at him quizzically. "What do you mean, Blade? How loud are we talking?" she asked with a light laugh. She liked music, and often played hers loud. 

more_horiz
A question from Mr. Grimm made a red flag go up. Kas suddenly stopped talking, and glanced around. Gavin's antics didn't even budge a smirk.
"The louder, the better." Plunging a french fry into the depths of the 'red sea' of ketchup, he stared across the table at Achilles.
"Vegas is my home town." He didn't know how this guy had any clue, but it was highly suspicious, and he wanted to know.

more_horiz
Blade's red lips stretch into a widened smirk. He looked over at Cameron after hearing what Kas thought about the idea. "Let's just say...pretty loud. See you guys soon." Blade placed his hand on the table, and with quite a big flash, he was unseen. He liked to parkour on the Mall. Specially since people didn't usually see him. It was quite silent up there, so Gavin could be let to roam his thought's alone. He had plenty to think about, but now, he could only wonder what music he'd put on.

He arrived at the place he wished to go to. The security room. It had the control of what the speakers that were spread throughout the mall said. Blade dropped a backhand on the security officer. Can't say how many times I've done this. He thought, before making the volume go to the max, and starting up the music. It was heard throughout the mall, as Blade left the room and got into the ceiling again. This time he didn't move, but looked at the reaction of the people below.

more_horiz
Cameron sat a little shocked that Blade was there one minute and then gone the next, but then she shook her head and smiled. Blade... Then she jumped and smiled even more as the music began to blare over the speakers of the mall. "Nice choice, Blade..." she murmured to herself. She then turned her attention back to the other two men sitting at the table. She had heard the new comer mention that he was from Vegas, so she asked, "What's it like there? I've heard it's a land of lights."

more_horiz
"It is' Kas remarked 'If you're talking about the Strip. Everything there is trying to get your attention."
Lights, music, animated signs. It was all flashy and in-your-face. Like a different planet unto itself.
It also made things very difficult for someone trying to go unseen; because that would immeadiately get you noticed.

"I used to hang around Freemont street the most. Freeside.. or as most took to calling it 'Freakside'."
Abandoning the apprehension once the rowdy, resonant music was booming, Kas confessed that the mutants of Las Vegas didn't hide like the Morlocks.
There weren't any subways or good places for a number of people to really hide out and fortify, but beside that; Vegas was always a city where you could be weird, and proud of it. At least, until the mutants started doing it openly. Once it was real talent instead of costumes and trickery people began to protest and the cops were rolling through on a daily basis, looking for an excuse to arrest someone.

Despite the passers-by and their complaints, as well as the loud music, no one at the table would have any trouble hearing Kas.
"If New York City and Vegas were people, one would be Madonna, and the other would be Gaga."
Although in either, he still had yet to see anyone who thought of raw meat as formal wear.

more_horiz
Cameron listened as Kelly told her about Vegas. "It sounds like an interesting place. Why did the people prefer the pretend instead of the real? Was it because the people there don't care for mutants, kind of like some of the people here?" Cameron asked. Thanks to the music, it was easy to ask these questions without being heard to draw attention to the table of mutants enjoying a little comradery time. 

more_horiz
 Achilles who had stay silent was studying the two people. He listened carefully and did what he did best. He blended in. He slipped into a trance state and over looked a few memor.ies then he snapped out of it. He looked at the pair. Smiled. ''I enjoy vegas...its a nice place to be...I prefer the desert to be honest.'' He said with slight caution. He looked around and then smiled

more_horiz
Cameron's final question got a thumbs-up. To say the least, some people thought along the same lines no matter where in the world you went. There would always be somebody hating on those who were different. Kas continued to polish off the fries with an exorbitant amount of ketchup, and nodded once the other quiet one at the table spoke.
"I get what you mean.. Snow is for penguins and polar bears."
He shuddered to even think of Siberia for a moment.
"But New York City does have its charm!"
Mostly in the form of a firey lass, and a few choice individuals he considered friends.

"So where do you two know the 'city samurai' from?"
Kelly inquired, eager to know as well as poke fun at Gavin.

more_horiz
Cameron smiled a bit at Kelly's question. "It's kind of a long story," she replied. She then told of how Blade had rescued her from her attackers in the park the night and ended up taking her to the Institute where she not resides. "It was a nice change, you know, being treated kindly after revealing what I was. Hadn't had much of that before Blade found me. One of the reasons I live here instead of in Ireland," Cameron said as she finished her story.

more_horiz
Achilles smile vanish when Kas asked how he met Gavin. He shifted uncomfortabley in his seat and he gazed off into the distance. Staring at the sun as memories returned. Memories that haunted him to this day. He spoke loud enough to be heard. "I was running. Had been for a while. I ran from MRD. They hunted me and my friends. For many months. They killed them all one by one before me. I carried on running. I heard of the camp Gavin had and headed that way.I met him and he took me in and gave me a home. For that I owe him a debt......."  Achilles stayed quiet for a while before finishing his story by saying "That is how we met."

more_horiz
Gavin was pleased that most people were hating the loud sound. He was even more pleased when those people got away from his table. That was indeed what mattered. Although that didn't mean he couldn't enjoy the beat. He loved how little kids looked up at him and hid behind mommy. He got excited every time he came across those scenes. They probably thought that with those two katanas sticking out, he'd always be up to kill people or to torture animals. Fools. Good thing Blade was lost in thought, because he soon arrived at the table where the old mutant party was. He pulled up his chair, as he heard Achilles's voice stop being heard. "Hey, back. Did anything fun while I was gone?"

more_horiz
Don't know that I will ever get used to that... She smiled and shook her head at his question, "Other than this AWESOME loud music and chatting about you, nothing overly exciting."[/font]

more_horiz
Dora was in the food court with about 8 shopping bags. She was over-encumbered and could hardly move. She looked to see the line was 12 people long. "Thats it..." She said as she put her bags down. Her eyes began to darken to pitch black and everyone in the food court stopped except for mutants. Her time powers were too weak to be used on mutants. It didn't really matter as she was sure no mutant besides her would want to go to the ice cream house. She walked over to the front and then her eyes went back to blue and everyone started moving again. "Can I have a french vanilla waffle cone?" she asked as she pulled out some money fron her purse.

more_horiz
Achilles who had be staring off into the distance. Noticed everyone stopped. He looked around and at the Ice cream house he saw a person moving. He chuckled. She moved to the front of the line. At times Achilles wished he could control time. Then he remembered why he wouldn't. He decided he would intorduced himself.

He got up and walked through the wave of moving people. He arrived at the ice cream house. He grinned. Then moved to the front of the line ignoring abuse and cries of protest. He leaned on the counter and grinned. "Thats cheating you know. Not to mention very rude. However. If I could. Can't say I wouldn't. Hello. I am Achilles. Achilles Grimm. Nice to meet you. Just thought I'd come say hello..." he saw that she was carrying quite a bit and felt compeled to offer assistance. "Now. You seem to be carrying a lot. Would you like a hand?" He asked with a slight caution. He'd rather not find out what else she can do.

more_horiz
Gavin laughed, as he saw Akkie get up. He didn't question the kid. He could do whatever he wanted. His phone rang, and Gavin picked it up. "Need to tlk. Luv ya, 'Till. Misty." Gavin sighed, as he put his phone away. "It seems I have to go. We will surely meet again soon." He took of slowly, waving at his two comrades. People no longer stared at him. The music was no longer loud. And he was heading home.

more_horiz
Cameron waved bye to Blade and turned to see where Achilles had gone. When she did, she spotted the clock on the wall and her face fell. "Shit.... Kelly, I'm sorry but I must head out. I have someplace to be," she said getting up carefully and grabbing her bags. "I do hope we will meet again soon," she said with a soft smile and headed towards to door.

more_horiz
Dora was about to get her money when a man came up "Haha why have powers when if you can't use them. I choose to live my life to the fullest with my powers." She gave her money to the cashier and got her waffle cone and took a lick "Im Dora. Dora Westminister. But you can call me Pandora." She took another lick "So I assume you and your party are mutants as well?" She said as she saw them al get up and leave. "Oh thank you I was dying for a rest!"

more_horiz
Achilles smiled. He grabbed the bags and grinned. ''My old table or do you have to be somewhere? It seems I am more patient than you. I only use my powers when I must. Not before, not ever. However I see your point. It is very valid. So. What you shopping for?'' He spoke with irradiating confidence.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum