World of Mutants

You are viewing forum as a guest. Register to see all sections, all the cool people do it.

World of Mutants

Mutants are not the ones mankind should fear. - Dr. Jean Gray

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO WORLD OF MUTANTS!
Create your character HERE
Claim your celebrity HERE
Greet other students like yourself HERE
Pick your character's power HERE
Current plot
Many years ago Xavier's school for gifted mutants was attacked. It was left in ruin. Teachers and students abandoned it with no hope of returning to it for sanctuary...

Years later a professor named Jason Andrews returned life to the school's halls and rebuilt its walls. Students have once again come to learn at the school in safety.

Many other mutants aren't quite so lucky. Some still remain hidden in the shadows and some within factions like the brotherhood are left leaderless.
Staff

Loika Faelith

Share | .

Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Cameron made her way to the beautiful garden that she could see from her bedroom window. It was one of her favorite places on the grounds. She found an area that she frequented often and sat on the lush grass, surrounded by several Japanese cherry blossom trees full of pink and white blossoms. She pulled her sneakers and socks off to allow her bare feet to rest in the grass. Cameron wore her typical jeans and a green tee shirt. She was learning to be alright with her cream wings being exposed, and the garden was one of the places she felt the most secure with them not being hidden. She pulled her knees up to her chest and rested her chin on them.

She took a deep breath, taking in the faint fragrance of the blossoms all around her. As the gentle wind touched the trees, a few petals would gently fall around her. She smiled gently as she watched them float to the ground. Here was peace...

Last edited by Cameron Andrews on Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Rachel Mason

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:37 pm

Rachel could never find peace by just sitting around her home and drawing pictures or watching TV. She was a woman on the go. To be in one place for her would just drive her insane to the point where she had to leave the place. Rachel decided to visit Xavier Institute. Not like everyone didn't know who she was, except for the new members. Shifting into a hummingbird, Rachel made her way to her least favorite, yet tolerable place.

Before Rachel gave her identity away, she decided that she would play a joke on a girl she has never seen. Landing on a ground, Rachel now shifted into Jason Andrews. Ackerman was right, she was indeed a chameleon. Turning into anyone she wanted was her specialty. Now, standing in a suit and long male hair, Rachel briskly began to approach the girl, looking mad.

"Hey!" she shouted. "How many times did I tell you not to leave the building by yourself. You are new here and you have yet to learn your way around the school! What if something bad were to happen to you, you think I don't have enough shit on my mind already?" asked Rachel, speaking like Jason. "Get your ass back inside immediately!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Cameron jumped as she heard Jason Andrews' angry voice from behind her. She looked and spotted him advancing towards her. Cameron got quickly to her feet, grabbing her socks and shoes, "I'm sorry, Mr. Andrews. I've visited the garden many times, and didn't think there was any harm in continuing to come here. Luna has shown me around, Sir, but I will be sure to make sure to come with someone next time," she said, her Irish accent turning a little thicker as she apologized to the one she believed to be Jason Andrews, her wings drooping slightly. She began heading back towards the building. He must have a lot on his mind as he has never spoken to me that way before... Cameron paused to look behind her at the man. Something wasn't quite right, but she didn't know what it was. Just... Something...
Back to top Go down

Loika Faelith

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:26 am

Loika was working on some packing with her window open. She froze and sniffed the air when she recognized a scent. She sighed and put down what she was working on and headed to the garden. She put her hands on her hips and made a not ammused face. " Really Rach? this is what you find to occupy your time with? You are slipping." She could see and hear jason but she recognized Rachel's scent anywhere.
Back to top Go down

Rachel Mason

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:55 am

Rachel turned to look at Loika, "Ms. Faelith, I don't believe this concerns you. So, please remain neutral of this situation." said Rachel, frowning as she smiled a wicked smile only Loika would know. That cold, uncaring smile that could strike fear into any human within few seconds. But she didn't believe it would work on Loika. She has already caught her scent. Something Rachel missed and didn't think she was going to need to cover up.

Looking at the young, new girl, Rachel decided to drop the act. It wasn't fun anymore and was ruined for her. Shifting back to her outfit, Rachel glared at the kid as she spoke. "Well, you see, it was a tug of war between kicking some guys teeth out and beating his brains out or coming down here and pestering some newbies." Rachel turned to Loika. "Who's the new meat?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:04 am

New meat? Cameron's brown eyes narrowed at the now female figure standing before her. She also recognized the other girl from her first moments at the institute. They had never met formally, but Cameron knew that she was a fellow student and had crossed paths here and there in the halls. Cameron turned to fully face the one refered to as Rach, "My name is Cameron Andrews." Without meaning to, her Irish accent covered her words thickly, "And who might you be?"
Back to top Go down

Loika Faelith

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Loika wandered over and threw a friendly arm around Rachel's shoulder. They had an odd friendship indeed. She smirked at Cameron. " Oh ya know, just another stray Jason took in. I havent had time to break her in yet. Been busy packin and stuff ya know. And what do you mean you came to pick on the new meat. I thought you were here to see me. Im so hurt now." Loika put a hand over her heart and faked heartbreak.
Back to top Go down

Rachel Mason

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:36 pm

Rachel looked annoyingly at Loika. What was she up to? The last time she spoke to her, she seemed tired and crabby and wanted nothing to do with anyone. Now, she was nice and friendly and hyper. Maybe she had something good going for her finally. "Stray?" said Rachel with a puzzled look on her face, she relaxed. "I am flattered, Loika. But seeing how I am not from here and you are, that makes you more of a stray then me." said Rachel with slight sarcasm in her tone. 

Rachel turned to a girl who said her name was Cameron Andrews. Another Andrews? Oh shit. What is this world coming to. "Nice to meet you kid, I am nobody. Just pretend you've never seen me here before."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:39 pm

Cameron managed a half smile. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone that I saw you. Like it never happened," Cameron said, her Irish lilt lightening slightly. Suddenly, the other girl's name popped into her head. "Sorry, but you're Loika, right? You turned into a wolf when I first arrived," she said recalling the memory, her cream wings perking up to their normal neutral position. While it hadn't been an overly pleasant few moments, had Blade's and her heated words not happened, Jason might not have come down and helped her to actually have enough courage to stay. 
Back to top Go down

Loika Faelith

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:32 am

Loika rolled her eyes and smirked. " I wasnt calling you a stray, i was calling the newb a stray." She stepped away from Rachel and stretched hard. Her head tipping to the side when Cameron mentioned remembering her. " aint anything against you. Its that guy i dont trust. He shows up here whenever he feels like it and dumps people off on us. For not being an xmen he sure hangs around us alot." She shrugged. " But what do i know. I rely on wolf instincts."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Cameron was a little shocked by Loika's words about Blade, but didn't think anything of them. She was entitled to her opinion, just as Cameron was. She dropped her brown eyes to the ground and said gently, "I thought it was kind of him to bring me here, a place where people like me can live. Really live... It's nice to have a home..." Cameron looked back at the girl with a small smile, "The timing could have been better, yes, but he insisted that we come sooner rather than later." Cameron wasn't trying to devend Blade's actions, but stating her own thoughts on the situation. She thought about what Loika had said about her wolf instincts and smiled slightly brighter, "Are wolves quick tempered and as leery of people as you seemed to be that night? I know of wolves, but not enough to understand fully." Cameron was still leery herself, but the question she asked, she was truly curious about. She spotted a bench next to where she was standing and took a seat.
Back to top Go down

Loika Faelith

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:15 am

" Wolves only trust members of their pack. They rely on eachother to survive. Did you know its legal to hunt wolves in all 50 states?" She realized she was going on a tangent and backed off a little but frowned. " I was not quick tempered. I was on guard theres a difference. I have a daughter to protect and i will do so." The girl spoke of a daughter but she couldnt be more than 17. Her cheeks were flushed from the excitement of the situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:27 am

Cameron heard the emotion heighten in Loika's voice as she told her of the manerism of wolves. "I had heard about the hunting of wolves. Personally, I don't believe they should be hunted. I can't see a beautiful creature such as that being treated in such a way..." Cameron said. When Loika mentioned being on edge in order to protect her daughter, her face softened, "You have a daughter? I can understand your actions then. When you don't trust someone and your family is there..." Cameron tipped her head humbly to her, her voice reflecting the same emotion, "She is lucky to have a mother who cares for her as you do." Cameron could only wish that she had had someone like that. Since her mutations showed up, she had really been on her own...
Back to top Go down

Loika Faelith

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:22 pm

" My daughter is a telepath. A powerful one. You can probably understand why she isnt a huge fan of hanging around people. She looks young but shes very smart." She shrugged. " Its the other way around im afraid. Im the one whos lucky to have her. Im adopting another young lady. Her name is Katt. You will see her slinking around the school. She an animorph. She has a human body with cat characteristics."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:54 pm

"She sounds wonderful, Loika," Cameron said. "I can't imagine being around so many people and being able to read their thought. I think I would stay away from groups, too." When Loika mentioned Katt, Cameron paused thinking about if she'd seen her. "I might have seen her and not known it," she replied. "If you don't mind my asking, besides changing into a wolf, do you have any other powers?" she asked curiously, setting her socks and shoes on the ground and wiggling her toes in the soft grass. To have a daughter with such a skill, perhaps Loika has something similar.
Back to top Go down

Loika Faelith

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:36 pm

Loika smirked. She was already barefoot. She rarely wore shoes. Since her clothes didnt stay on when she shifted she found it bothersome to constantly buy new shoes. " I have rapid healing. Im kind of.... immortal. I heal fast, i rarely get sick. The scientists said i'll stay looking like this for many decades. I retain most of my wolf senses in human form as well. I have the vision, smelling ability, and hearing of a wolf."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:44 pm

"That is a lot! But, what a wonderful collection of powers," Cameron said with a smile. "Rapid healing must come in handy," she added. Since Loika was kind enough to share her powers, Cameron thought she'd share hers as well. She spotted one of the pink blossoms on a branch above Loika's head and picked it with her mind. She brought the flower down and hovered it in front of her gently turning the flower in the air. "That's my other power, besides these," she said smiling and stretching her wings slightly. "Kind of an odd matching, flight and telekinesis. But guess we don't really get a say in these things..." 
Back to top Go down

Loika Faelith

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Loika snorted when she saw the girl's wings. " I prefer all four paws on the ground. Im not a huge fan of flying. Guess its a wolf girl thing." She watched the flower float. It seemed like a cool power to have. She shrugged again in her noncommital way. " We dont. Our fathers do. Apparently the X-gene comes from the male genetic donor. Read that in a magazine. Some article about a scientist." She felt sad as she thought about the father she recently buried.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:48 pm

Hearing Loika tell about how, according to this scientist, her father was actually the one who caused her mutations, Cameron's face changed into a focused look. "So, my father caused this... But, why doesn't he or my little brother have any powers?" she asked more to herself, but to Loika as well. "What a combination..." she added in regards to her own power mix. "Loika, did that article say anything about how the gene picks the powers it does?"
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)   

Back to top Go down

Serenity of the Mind (PG-13)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1