X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteEvening on a Building (Open)

more_horiz
Nolan had spent the day running around the city finding his way around his way. Drawing himself maps based on what he saw, so he could hopefully read them in his own language. He settled down on one of the medium-tall height buildings in the downtown area.  The skys were darkening in the east while a sunset was happening in the west, and he had pretty much the perfect seat to watch it. Down below the lights of a baseball stadium were lit. It looked like the Yankees, but frankly he didn't really care that much about New York baseball. However, baseball was baseball so he'd try and watch anyways.  He took out the blanket he had brought in his backpack along with a few snacks, he sat and watched with his heightened sense of sight.

descriptionCompleteRe: Evening on a Building (Open)

more_horiz
"Would never have taken you for a baseball fan," Cameron said as she walked towards Nolan on the rooftop. "Mind if I join you?" she asked lightly.

more_horiz
Nolan didn't move that much aside from looking to see who was talking to him. When he saw it was Cameron he relaxed a little. If it had been anyone else he would have wondered how they had gotten up there, but with Cameron he knew she would have just flown up there. "Just because I wasn't allowed to play, doesn't mean my love for the sport decayed." He said to her comment of surprise of him being a baseball fan. "I don't mind." He said unfolding the blanket he was sitting on as a cushion against the surface of the roof top. He unfolded it so there was more surface area to sit on.

more_horiz
Natasha was going to surprise Nolan. She knew he had spent the day in the city. She brought along a pack with some spagetti and breadsticks in containers. Luckily they were staying warm. When she made it to the roof she was sure he was on she pushed the door open. She froze when she saw another woman with him. It must be his girlfriend she thought to herself. Her smile faded and she slowly turned back down the stairs

more_horiz
Cameron smiled and sat next to him. "True. I guess your demeanor just doesn't really scream baseball," she smiled at him and looked out over the city. "This is the best view for watching the sunset. I come up here often just to see it," she said tuckig one leg under the other. "How are you enjoying the Institute?" she asked. She heard the door to the roof open, but when she looked, the door was closing and no one was to be seen. Odd... Cameron took a quick look around them, and when she didn't see anyone, she returned her brown eyes to Nolan.

more_horiz
Cameron told him her reason for being up on the building. Then she asked how he was liking the institute. He had heard the door open too but he didn't look. As Cameron looked back at him, he smelled something though: Food. So someone was in the stairwell with food right now, because he'd have heard footsteps if they'd come out the door. "Hold that thought." He told Cameron before teleporting over to the door. He opened it and could still hear footsteps echoing up. "HEY!" He yelled down the stairwell loudly. "Who are you and what are you doing?" He yelled down, not quite as loud as the attention getter.

more_horiz
Natasha looked up at him with fresh tears in her eyes. " Sorry did not mean to interrupt date with bird girl. Natasha understands. v-very sorry." She was trying hard not to cry. She assumed she had walked in on a date between him and Cameron. She had no problem with her. Cameron was beautiful and she had really cool powers. Natasha could see why Nolan would like her.

more_horiz
Nolan gave her a weird look. "Da-What?" He said " With Cameron? I'm not on a date with her." he told Natasha. " She just showed up a few minutes ago. Up until then, I was on my own like I thought I would be." He explained. " Speaking of which, I didn't really tell anyone where I was going. How did you find me?" He asked

more_horiz
Natasha wiped her eyes. "I was looking for you today... You explored city. You must be hungry. I look for you. I start to give up but i remember baseball." She russian was thicker since she had been crying. She was trying to hide it though. She didnt want him to think she was weak. She took another step down the stairs.

more_horiz
"You have weird friends." Blade stated. with a joking tone, jumping onto ledge of the building. He had heard no commotion other than the baseball game, so why not make his usual runs. Surprisingly, little Cameron was there. It was clearly a nice way to start of an evening. As he moved closer to Cameron, gazing over at the other two, he squatted down, as a way of trying to look less intimidating. A dark figure in front of you was startling in any part of the day. But he had on reason to try to scare the beautiful little Cameron. "What are you doing here?" He asked, with a clearly happy tone.

more_horiz
Cameron turned when she heard a familiar voice in front of her and smiled when she saw Blade. "Nolan is very nice, and new at the Institute," she said, teasing him. She motioned for him to sit, if he liked, next to her. "I came to watch the sun set," she said pointing at the horizon. She looked out over the city and sighed, "It's one of my favorite places to watch." The sky was a wash of all kinds of colors, and it made Cameron happy. "What are you doing here?" she asked turning her soft brown eyes to Blade.

more_horiz
Gavin lifted an eyebrow, taking his glasses off. "Nice huh," he responded, with an inquiring tone. He sat down next to her, with his gaze turned to the floor. "Sunset huh? I heard it was nice," Gavin looked forwards, looking at the beauty of the sunset, "You should come here more often then." He said, with a small little smile. "Usual runs. Never thought I'd run into little you here," he responded, looking at Cameron. His hazel eyes met hers. He put his thumb on her chin, looking deeply into the younger girl. She made him feel such things.

more_horiz
Cameron smiled when he mentioned coming there more often. There were several places she tended to watch the sun set from, and, true this was one of her favorite. But, as of late, she didn't have as much time as she liked to watch them from here. "Well, you seem to keep finding me, Blade. Makes me wonder if you're sweet on me," she teased. When he put a thumb on her chin and looked deeply into her brown eyes, Cameron smiled softly. He had such deep, wonderful eyes. She wasn't going to lie, since he had shown her kindness by saving her the first time, he held a special place in her heart. Each time she ran into it, that spot grew more and more. He made her feel safe and showed her that she wasn't a freak. Cameron was normal in her own unique way. She liked him, a lot.

more_horiz
What a set. Looking into a girls's eyes, while the sun set down on the background. One might really say Blade had something for Cameron. And that one was thinking correctly. "Well, maybe I am, or maybe I'm not. Up to you to decide," he teased back. Cameron was always so innocent. She didn't know of the problems mutants faced. And for now, her innocence should be preserved. Too many mutants were out taking care of the world. Some no longer lived their lives normally. Blade didn't have a normal life. On the contrary, he lived to help others. Cameron was included in that list. But maybe, she was the one that was gonna help him change. And he couldn't let that opportunity slip. So, his lips met hers as fast they could. He didn't know what he was doing, and kept his eyes closed. Misty had gave him a small experience like that. But never other woman had been able to do so.

more_horiz
Cameron blushed slightly at his comment about what he felt for her. She looked away for a moment and then back into his eyes. Such eyes.... Her lips parted slightly as she lost herself in them. She was brought back to herself when Blade's lips her on hers. Cameron was surprised, but didn't pull away. Her eyes closed and she kissed him back. After a moment or two, Cameron pulled back, breaking the kiss gently. As she looked at him and realized what had happened, her blush deepened and she smiled, embarrassed.

more_horiz
Gavin actually felt good. Quite excited. He was doing what he wished. Kissing a girl he, well, felt something for. He had yet to find out what. But surely the kiss would help. But as Cameron broke the kiss slowly, Gavin found out he was wrong. The kiss left him more confused. It left him to wonder about his feelings. Even more than what he already was. He abruptly got up, and stared at the sun set. "I...I have to go." Gavin said, as he began to make his way back to the ledge of the building. Maybe that was a mistake. Maybe not.

more_horiz
Cameron watched at Blade got up quickly after their kiss. Her smile faded as he suddenly said he needed to go. "Blade. Blade, wait..." she said getting up and walking towards him. When she reached him, she put her hands on his back, and then wrapped them around his waist, resting her head on his back. It was a tender hug. The kiss meant so much to Cameron. It showed her that her feelings were true for Blade and, perhaps, he felt the same for her. She stretched her wings and gave a gentle flap, making a small gust of wind around them, and then settled them back in their neutral position. That action did nothing but feel good after she had been sitting for a while. "Don't leave..." she whispered to him as she hugged him.

more_horiz
Gavin wanted to jump. And just go out and contemplate what had happened. Maybe kill a bastard for Kane or something. Gavin put his hand on Cameron's as she hugged him, and let out a gigantic sigh. He couldn't hurt her. What if he suddenly perished? He was strong, but not immortal. He'd be able to survive a lot, but his antics led him to face danger. And some times, that danger was fatal. "I can't stay. I've got to think." He turned back slowly, so Cameron's arms were on his lower back. "We'll talk soon, but I need to think." He said, truthfully, looking down on Cameron.

more_horiz
Cameron looked up at Blade, confusion blanketed her face and flashed in her eyes. Had they not just shared a kiss and now he just wanted to leave. She looked away and let him go. Cameron remembered that Blade wasn't one for the touchy-feely stuff, but that moment, that kiss, said something else to her. But, all she could do is let him go as he asked. She stepped back a step and hugged herself. She looked up at him and half-smiled, her wings dropping with a touch of sadness at the situation. "Be safe, Blade," she said quietly.

more_horiz
As Cameron let him go, Blade placed his boot on the ledge of the building. He heard Cameron, and breathed again. "I will be safe, beautiful." He said, throwing himself of the ledge. Why did he say that? It would just confuse Cameron more. Did Gavin actually want to do that? Did he actually want to confuse Cameron? Or did his feelings just take control and make him say such thing. It didn't matter, because as soon as Gavin stopped thinking about it, he fell on a car. breaking through the ceiling. It was fun, because that gave him enough cover to get into the sewers. Ah, that day wasn't gonna get better.

more_horiz
Cameron looked up just as Blade fell over the ledge of the building. Beautiful? Did he really call me that? Cameron didn't even wait for Nolan to come back up before she left. She looked out at the setting sun once more and then ran across the rooftop in the opposite direction and took flight as her feet launched her off the roof ledge. She didn't head back to the Institute right away, but went for a mind clearing flight...

more_horiz
((OOC: This topic seems to have run its course while I was gone. Is it continuable or should we just close it?))

more_horiz
((OOC: You and Natasha can continue. Gavin and Cameron have just exited the scene. Though it's your call))

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum