X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Downtown Troubles (PG-13)

descriptionCompleteRe: Downtown Troubles (PG-13)

more_horiz
Adrienne knew she stood no chance. The odds were not in her favor and she might lose, but she didn't live for anything or anyone. She had nothing to lose, this fight was not going to be her last one. As it was with many young adults, Adrienne was stubborn, she would not back off until she won. It was a weird habit of hers. The scenes around her didn't look all that comforting, but it wasn't about humans. It was about revenge. 

Although, that fight happened several months ago, Adrienne was not pleased with an outcome of it. She blamed everyone around her. Even humans! But, humans were always the center of blame for humans. 

"Fine, suit yourself, but I'll be the one to say I-told-you-so'," said Adrienne. "You won't scare me into running away," with just one dagger left in her hand, Adrienne ran toward the only person she could see, Allayne.

more_horiz
Axe saw Kas' hesitation. It was fairly obvious this was all new to Axe, and Kas seemed to know Adrienne from prior encounters.

Are you KIDDING ME??, Allayne yelled at Kas. That's your girl and baby they're going after! Protect them!

To put Kas' mind at ease as well as his own, Axe started forming constructs by combining light particles and sound together. The result was two energy whips formed around him. Allayne plugged his headphone back in his ear and began to strengthen his barrier again.

Two light blades, a couple of construct whips and a decent barrier for an arsenal so far. I am kinda impressed, he started. He started on his previous action of using the strobe effect he had made to disorient Adrienne again, when he noticed his powers grow fainter.

Well, I guess I have my limits", he said, wondering if he should try again. He decided against it, and instead whipped a construct in Kas' direction."Get yo' ass out of here, man!

Allayne turned back to Adrienne, not seeing what Kas was going to do. Adrienne came after him, running with a mad look in her eyes. He started to realize that he was sort of enjoying the rush. Swinging a hilt so that the movement produced an energy blade to show he meant business, Axe asked Adrienne with eyes glowing, Sure you wanna dance, sweetheart?

With 5FDP playing in his ear, Axe started marching off to meet his demons.

more_horiz
(( ooc: hey, I guess I shoulda said something before now, but Kas left in the last post :) I don't always make things so clear, sorry.))

more_horiz
((OOC: Ah, OK. No sweat bud! I mean I DID tell ya to go, so... Now to finish this. Thanks Kas!))

more_horiz
With Kelly out of the way it was going to be that much easier to get rid of this wannabe. It seemed that Allayne was not in control of his powers completely which made for an easy target. Smirking to herself, Adrienne phased as she began to run toward her daggers which were lying on a ground, not far from that loser who was not able to fight like a real man. "Sucks not to be in full control of your abilities, doesn't it?" said Adrienne, picking up her dagger and turning to face him. "Let me show you how it is done." unexpectedly, Adrienne released her force fields.

more_horiz
Allayne watched in amazement as his assailant turned ghost-like and started running closer to him. Another ability added to her arsenal, Adrienne seemed to be truly a force to be reckoned with. This woman had bloodlust in her eyes, like a feral beast on the prowl.

Sucks not to be in full control of your abilities, doesn't it?, Adrienne mocked Allayne, clearly seeing his defenses as signs of weakness. Flashing a sadistic smirk, she said "Let me show you how it is done"

Before Allayne could react, a shimmering wall appeared and threw Allayne into another wall with force. Although his barrier held, it was only a wispy veil compared to earlier. The force of the impact caused the constructs to dissipate as well, leaving Allayne with the blade hilts.

"Is this what your group is; this Brotherhood?, Axe asked her, getting up quickly to try and counter future blows. "Killing other mutants? Shit, aren't we endangered already?, he said, buying time while gathering light particles together.

Dere's all types o' ways to finish de fight, he could here Remy in his ear. An' some o' those ways, dey be darker den others, frere! Allayne's mind raced quickly to find something that would get him out of this situation with his life intact.

A bright flash! And after, Allayne was twenty feet further back and just standing still.

With an emotionless expression, he said in a cold hollow voice, "You realize that your heart beats quicker when you are excited? When your heart beats, it creates small sound waves throughout your body. I can feel those vibes."

Not moving at all, Allayne just stood there, looking vulnerable.

"This isn't my fight anymore. Everyone here is either dead or has gone to safer ground. I'm done."

Allayne's voice grew louder and very serious. "But I'll see you around, miss. Be sure of that. I'll come into my powers real soon, and we'll finish this dance."

And with that promise to Adrienne, Allayne just broke apart and was gone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the dumpster a little ways away, the real Axe got up and took off towards Times Square. It took a LOT of concentrating, but now I know I can make holograms AND direct my voice!, he thought victorious! And it wasn't a cheesy 'Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi' type either. It looked very solid, and Allayne knew he could use that in the future.

As he settled off towards the hotel, he wondered is Kas and his woman were ok. As he made his way towards the Square, he wondered what other surprises NYC had in store.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum