X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteRevelation (open)

more_horiz
Luka walked down the pavement alongside the road. He looked left and saw M.R.D troops investigating the area where he had nearly been captured. Its been nearly a month and they're still wondering why they couldn't catch him. He started to step up his pace when a man bumped into him and ran. Luka lived in New York long enough to know that the man just stole his wallet. Luka then dashed after him. His hair beated on his head and his jacket bounced on his chest. He was about to lose the target when the mugger did something unexpected. He screamed with pain and got on his knees. He looked up at the sky with bloodshot eyes. What was going on?, Luka thought. He then realized that his hands were up and directing to the man. Was he doing this? It can't be! His power is telekinesis, nothing else. Luka let his hands drop and shoved them in the pocket. Thats when the mans eyes dilated and he fell face forward into the sidewalk. Luka looked amazed and noticed that no one noticed him. People bumped into him and looked confused like he was invisible.

descriptionCompleteRe: Revelation (open)

more_horiz

Times Square -- nothing else compared to it. In terms of sights and sounds, Allayne thought. As far as he was concerned, this was the peoples' city. It was the place where anyone was accepted, no matter how different they may be.

And Allayne knew crazy, these days.

Looking around for a night job DJ'ing (he needed something fun after teaching Algebra the Xavier School.), he'd decided to hit the streets for a little bit of fresh air as well as job-hunting.

There was a scream! Axe looked around to see if there was any immediate danger, and saw a man on his knees in pain.

Allayne ran over to the man, ready to help him if he could. The man 's eyes were bloodshot as he looked up at the sky.

Axe produced a cone construct to amplify his voice and yelled out for someone to get medical attention sent, and produced a small strobe effect to signal the exact location.

As his power went into effect, Allayne noticed something strange. He could 'feel' the beat of the man's heart beating, but it felt as if another one was there in that exact spot as well. Is someone or something else here?, he wondered. The sense was quickly lost however, as people quickly came to the scene.

But Allayne kept wondering what he felt.

more_horiz
Luka was awed. He never learned of powers coming out of the blue. He let out a sigh and then something echoed in his mind like telepathy. "I give your mindrape a 9.5. It was a little edgy on the end." Luka nearly jumped. Then all of a sudden, thousands of thoughts poured into his head. Each was of different gender, nationality and pitch. He dropped to his knees covering his ears.

"MAKE IT STOP!" Luka screamed in agony

"All telepaths go through this when their powers unfold. I had to and now you do."

This voice was weirding Luka out. "STOP!" He screamed with such force that all the people on the street stopped and stared. Suddenly he wasnt invisible anymore. The man who mugged him got up and threw the wallet at Luka and yelled "FREAK!". Luka picked up his wallet when he just noticed that the man was helped up by another young man. He had seen this man. He was in the fight downtown with Luka's evil hand-me-down lunatic brother Doranellus or just Doran.

more_horiz

Axe had felt another hearbeat, and tried to dismiss the thought of this feeling as not being sure of what had gone on here. I know what I felt, he pondered. Although his powers were still not fully under his control, Allayne had always felt the heartbeats of family and loved ones.

And that's when he heard yelling and made out the word "STOP!". As if he materialized out of nothing, standing across from Allayne was a very handsome young man. This man was on his knees, clearly both confused and alarmed.

As Allayne helped the man with the suddenly-not-so-bloodshot eyes up to his feet, the man yelled "FREAK" at this young man and took off quickly.

Looking back at the young guy who'd came out of nowhere, Allayne saw that this guy had a look of recognition in his eyes. Does he know me?, Axe thought.

As that thought entered his mind, another thought bubbled forth as well. He looks a lot like that Brotherhood guy, Doran. Could this be his son or a family member, coming to finish what I started?!, Axe thought wildly. The guy that left ranting on about incoherent things did look like he was in pain. Allayne, looking the youngster up and down for any type of telltale sign signaling vicious intent, thought So why the 'Lame Duck' routine? Was it a lure?

But the look on his face seemed incredibly genuine. A Bottecelli angel marred by pain, Axe thought. And you're going to help him just cuz you're a sucker for beauty! And you are just inclined to help people!

And that was, after all, why Axe was in Times Square today. Only a year has gone by since he first learned of his abilities. He made his way to NYC, and met a few mutant-friendly while looking for help in understanding his powers. Allayne had started an after school tutoring day job soon after arriving, and he had both Xavier Institute students as well as public school kids nowadays. Two days ago, he had gotten a call about an open Algebra Teacher position within the Institute.

Axe started to make a metal note to call Mr. Andrews soon and re-schedule today's job signing, thinking this situation would take longer than he had to spare but was something he was unwilling to walk away from.

Resigned, Allayne put his sunglasses on and moved an earbud into place. He turned on the mp3 played in his trench and immediately felt the music course within him. The young man would've seen the obvious sign of his mutation had he not put the sunglasses on, and only the telltale colors of a very faint aura glistening tightly around his big frame would indicate what he was, had anyone paid close attention.

Looking into obsidian eyes reverting to this light brown gave Allayne hoped that the worst scenario was not what was happening here. Cautiously, Axe decided to walk up to the man with the intent to help him up. He was still more than a couple of feet away when he offered his hand, and a smile, to assist this fallen angel.

more_horiz
Luka looked up to the man who offered his hand in assistance. But he denied the help and rolled over to let himself up. "Good. You now have two powers. Telekinesis and Telepathy. You're welcome." the voice in his head said then all of a sudden his ears popped like something just escaped his head. "So your the one who fought Doranellus." Luka said in his swift italian accent. He remembered what the voice said about his new power and believed it. He heard inside the mans head about Luka being a fallen angel. "I'm not in the mood for relationships right now." He also heard Rescheduling todays job signing and Mr. Andrews. "You know Jason?" Luka asked curiously.

more_horiz
Luka rattled off the key points in Axe's mind as though he had read them off of a teleprompt. Allayne felt a tingle within his head.

Axe blushed as Luka said something about relationships, almost completely filtering out the Jason question. "Get outta my head, man!" he yelled, throwing his arms towards the intrusive man. Suddenly, his ability kicked in and Axe formed a funnel of sound towards Luka that pushed him back. The sound drowned that feeling in his mind, and it made him wonder if waves could protect him from further probing.

Seeing the shock in this guy's face, he felt it was unintentional. Yet, he knew Doran and that was still cause for concern. Putting in an earpiece, Axe concentrated on a very thin sliver of shielding to envelope himself. "Sorry, but you freaked me out man!" was his weak apology.

Allayne remembered the question of him knowing Jason Andrews. "I don't know Jason personally yet, but I'm supposed to meet him to sign up as a teacher at his school"

more_horiz
Then with the flashing of the sky, the people around the two men stop. From the birds in the sky to the ants at there feet, everything stop in it's place. After a breaf moment, a void open up with a young boy walking out. With his torn shirt to his clawed shorts the boy stop in his place an looked around.
Turning to the mysterious men he asked them...
"Why have you not stop, like all other life in this place? The void is here an yet you still see?"

more_horiz
As Luka prepared to answer Axe, everyone around him stopped in place. "Whats happening?" He said. He looked around and he and Axe were the only ones moving. Well that was until a guy appeared out of nothing. What was going on? "Your guess is as good as mine, kid!" Luka said, patting down his clothes from the loose asphalt on the ground

more_horiz
Looking at the Unknown people i release a hard cold stair at them. Walking slowly toward the two men, my strength slipped away. Nearly  passing out on the street, i release the innocent so that they once more move with the flow of time. Right before i even have the chance to say anything else my body gives out from the continuous stress it has Indore for me. The last things i could hear where large thumps from foot-steps coming my way.

more_horiz
As Allayne is talking to Luka about Jason Andrews and the school, a young black man in tattered clothes materializes from NOWHERE!

The void began to dissipate, and Allayne looked around to see a couple of birds in place. So THAT'S what that kid meant by us not stopping, he thought, amused. This kid's power was something else. Allayne wondered what he wanted?

The telepath told the teleporter he had no clue wht was going on, and Allayne shook his head in agreement. "Well, I'm Axe, and this guyy here is...." Axe stopped, realizing he had no clue as to his name. Here he was falling all over the mind-reader, and he had yet to ask his name.

Axe looked over to the telepath, expecting him to read his mind and ask the questions he didn'tknow to ask, making this conversation two way only.

more_horiz
As time move forward, energy started to flow into my body. Slowly but surely, I started to gain the power I lost. Then after a good length of time passed I opened my eyes. Laying flat on my belly, I turned my head up an look at the Flamed headed man.
"What are your names? So that i may address you appropriately."
With no response I asked once more so that they could hear me well.
(Yelling) "If going to ignore me tell me now. I hate wasting time!"

more_horiz
Allayne looked at the boy who'd yelled at them. "Well, I don't know his name, but I'm Allayne. Most people know me by the name Axe.", he said, extending his hand to shake Angelo's. Allayne noticed a gauntlet on his hand, and it seemed high tech. Allayne didn't want to question the boy just yet, seeing as how he seem displaced.

"I work for the school for mutants, and maybe you should look into that, kid.", he told Angelo, thinking he clearly seemed 'interesting' enough to merit a meeting with Mr. Andrews.

He looked over to the telepath, feeling the slight mental tug of being probed earlier. He wondered how the man fared now that the war within his mind seemed to ease.

more_horiz
Graving the hand he shook it then spoke again. "For a while I have been sensing two strange energy coming from this way but, after graving your hand I'm sure its you two. Secondly, if your trying to lie to me..." Deepening his voice exponentially. "We can go to some places you rather not. I know for a fact that mutants don't go to school. It's already hard enough to control this curse that the lord gave us, why in hell would we like to even have this. Other than the fact of finding..." He cut his sentence short. He was about to tell everything to a person he just met. Then again there was something about the flaming headed man that just made him to just lesson and talk about everything he knew. Remembering the past a friend said there are those who can read minds. Thinking to himself "Maybe I should give this guy A chance to explain a little bit more before jumping to conclusions." Speaking out loud he face his attention back to the man. "School of mutants..."

more_horiz
Allayne had done his research, as he was planning to become a scout for young mutants on his time off. He wanted to show the best that the mutant community had to offer, and Xavier's was truly a great place to learn.

"The Xavier estate has been in the family for 10 generations now, founded by Charles Graymalkin. It is the inherited property of Professor Charles Xavier. It serves as a school for the mutant youth, and a training ground for its' staff and alumni.

After graduating Oxford University, Xavier decided to devote his life to protecting humanity from evil mutants and safeguarding innocent mutants from human oppression, believing that both could peacefully coexist. Xavier worked with fellow mutation expert, Dr. Karl Lykos, as well as Dr. Moira MacTaggert, and they began discussing the idea of founding a school for mutants.

Before recruiting his first students, a mysterious man calling himself "Cable" arrived at the mansion. In exchange for teaching him about the present, Cable aided Xavier in equipping the mansion with advanced technology.

There have been many mutants that have risen to fame that have taken their start here within the walls of the Institute. Warren Worthington III, Jean Grey, the rebel Scott Summers, Erik Lensherr... all people who have been associated with this place.

At the Institute, you learn the basic principles of everything you need in the normal world, as well as refinement of your skills within a safe environment. Although we learn to defend ourselves from danger, our ultimate goal is peaceful co-existence."

Finishing his monologue, Allayne looked to see if any of what he had stated had gotten through. As a final attempt to win the strange boy over, he added "I almost forgot to mention the self-sustaining food production at the house. You can almost eat as much as you want!"

more_horiz
The boy looked amused. With all the troubles of the past he had finally found somewhere start a base. If he was ever going to find his enemy and best friend he had to learn how to use his powers a bit more. Taking the bait..."Lets say I agree with you and go with you to this school. Do you guys have information about mutants around the world? And about mutants killing other mutants?" There was the question of the day. The boy needed to know if he left with the strange men he had to learn something that will help him on his quest. There are things that need to be done and he had no time to waste.

more_horiz
Allayne heard the want for information. He asked about mutants killing other mutants, which was a topic which raised questions in Allayne. What, or who, is he looking for?, he wondered. I need to find out more about this kid.

Allayne turned to the boy and said "Slow it down, kid. I'm Allayne. What's your name?". Allayne wanted to see if this kid might be a dangerous mutant. Maybe known within the Institute. Last thing he needed was to have a killer waltz into the doors of the Institute.

Allayne took in the boys features. the kid looked hardened, as if he'd been through much in his small lifetime. He needed to find out more.

more_horiz
Dumb-founded by the dodge of his question. The boys started to tone off the man. "I'm Nick...Nick Ashmore...." After that the boy got up and started to walk away. The slight irritation gave off his mood but, it was time to move on. Opening up a Void The boy gave the peace sign then proceeded for the void.
Before stepping into the void the boy had a sudden awakening of the brain. Looking back at them. "My name is Angelo but, I have o go now.I fear that if I stay out any longer I wont be able to hold on with controlling my power. I'll get back to you soon about you proposal in the next two days. I look forward to see you again." After that Angelo walked away.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum