X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Let's Raise Some Hell (MH15)

descriptionCompleteRe: Let's Raise Some Hell (MH15)

more_horiz
Arriving unusually late to the party, April staggered as she held onto the shiny ivory arm of a Storm Trooper. She seemed almost determined to walk straight into a wall, and after nearly tripping over other guests, the Storm Trooper managed to pull April aside. He got her a chair and a glass of water.

"Are you going to be able to get your shit together and do this?" The Trooper demanded of April with much sass.
She laughed and pushed the water away. Taking the time to fuss with the purple skirting of the otherwise skimpy two-peice costume which left very little to the imagination, April swayed on her feet. She tossed her head in a gesture of defiance, though no wavy chestnut hair whipped over her shoulder; instead it was confined to a braid wrapped into a circular bun. 'Slave Leia' put a hand on one hip and pointed at the neckwear, hinting at something.

"Are you always such a pig?" April slurred, turning her back to the Trooper as he somewhat clumsily removed his gloves and assisted her in taking off one peice of jewelry that didn't fit the costume. As the silver necklace dropped away, April's hand went to her throat. She sucked in a raspy breath and shut her eyes against the rush of sensation, opening them slowly and looking up with thier now silvery-white irises.

"Why, jealous?" The Storm Trooper quickly grabbed ahold of April's wrist, and her breathing quickly sped up as if she were having an asthma attack.
She slapped at him to little effectiveness as the armored Trooper chuckled and turned away, hurrying to get the gloves back on.
"I've got other things to do.. Don't screw this up!" he ranted before leaving April standing alone and backtracking through the crowd to make it seem as if he were exiting.

April slowly steadied her shaking hands as she looked down at them and the glass, watching with an almost surrealness as she took the frosted glass and drank a sip of water, then placed it back on the table.
With the same dazed and vacant look, 'Leia' casually sauntered through the crowd of people, brushing up against someone here, bumping someone there.
Occationally her lack of much clothing would make contact with someone's bare skin, and that was all it took for the power to begin to flow.

Amp's augmentation ability was turned up to 11 as she moved with the music, picking through the tightest squeeze of dancers on the floor, appearing careless.

more_horiz
Sara was on her 3rd champagne and feeling pretty nice. A little tipsy but not drunk. She leaned into Jason while they were talking and watching the party. She let her lips brush against his neck and up to his jaw. She knew just how to get his attention. " Loika and Peter are like my kids. Oh how i love you Mr Andrews. Do you realize that? Even if you tease my maternal instincts."

more_horiz
Lakai walked in dressed in her usual dark attire. She walked in tugging along a very anxious looking Natasha in a skimpy ball outfit The girl didnt want to go with her but she drug her along anyways. Natasha was turning into a little pet project of hers. She was also trying to bring her out of a funk she was in since the guy she liked was blowing her off. " Stick with me Natasha and you will feel so much better. Im too sober right now. Lets go get some drinks babehdoll." She drug her towards the bar and ordered a whiskey for herself and a vodka for Natasha.

more_horiz
"Yes, darlin' I know exactly what you mean," said Jason, drinking Coke. He wasn't particularly liked alcohol and even then, it was on very special occasions. Tonight however, he was going to be the designed driver. Yes, he was a mutant, and yes he could implant any thoughts into anyone else' head. But that didn't mean, Jason was going to abuse his abilities to get what he wanted. No, he was not that different from those who did not harbor X gene.

"Did I tell you that you looked fabulous tonight?" asked Jason, feeling caffeine slipping into his bloodstream and making him more alert and alive. But how long was that going to last? "From a corner of his eye, Jason spotted a wolf mask. "I could be very wrong, but I think that lady in a mask is Loika. However, I thought she and Peter left for honeymoon...so who is that then?"

more_horiz
Natasha threw back the vodka like it was water and ordered another. She looked around anxiously. It wasnt that most of her legs were showing or anything. She was just nervous around this huge crowd of people. " Why did you drag natasha out toohnight Lakai? Natasha was very happy sitting at home with wolf lady's little girls." Her accent was thick from anxiety.

more_horiz
Rachel turned away from Allayne as he execused himself from the conversation.What could he possibly have seen to turn his attention from Rachel's beauty. But she got annoyed as well. How rude was it, for someone to just leave in a middle of a small talk. Rachel waved her hand in dismissal. "Yea, that is fine." said Rachel. As always, she was not impressed with man's ability to hold a conversation. Rachel begun to walk away from the bar with Bloody Mary in her hand. "Never should rely on a man to help you in  tough situations." said Rachel.

She spotted the Andrews' at the party and then Faelith and everyone else looked like a stranger. She approached the Andrew' who always seemed to hold these parties for rich and prosperous. "I hope this party isn't going to end with Sara's kidnapping, right?" asked Rachel, taking a drink of her Bloody Mary. It was disgusting. She didn't even like alcohol. Why the hell was he drinking this crap? Spotting an empty table, Rachel went over there quickly and placed her drink on a table.

more_horiz
Niko saw the light show moments after asking Icy to find information. It's the same party trick always did, he thought with a grin. Making the drink float is new though!

Niko called out to the lightshow, catching his attention. He put his face down and hands across on opposite arms, acting as though he was removing his mask for a bit. In reality, he touched a copper alloy and steel alloy band, giving him the look of the color he'd had since birth.
"I guess they let anyone in at this party, huh?", he said with a smile. The two hugged as only well known kin did. He felt safe again, as though nothing could destroy the night. Without thinking, Niko pointed to the beauty that was the Ice Queen to Allayne.

As he greeted the two, Niko depowered completely, showing Allayne something he had never been able to show before -- his flesh. "How things have changed since we met, huh bro!" He said with a laugh.

more_horiz
Kas spent the majority of the night doing what he normally did; observing.
He sat quietly at the bar, watching the ebb and flow of people from the crowd breaking off to get a drink, and most of them would walk away as the ocean waves retreat back from the sand. Sometimes the waves would leave something behind.

A dark-haired girl and a blondie took a seat, and the masked cowboy watched them in periphial. One was a voice he recognised; but sans its usual ornery mocking tone.
Lakai seemed to be fitting into her new lease on life fairly well. The thought brought on a tiny smile. He hadn't spoken to the girl since she was mind-fried, so it was doubtful Lakai and her friend could recognise him. Everyone else in New York City he showed any concern over had already been given their farewells. If not for this party and a bad gut feeling about it; Eve and himself would have already left New York behind. Now Kas was a bit thankful to be here, even if the rest of the night carried on smoothly.

"Howdy, darlin'. You an yer friend interested in a little team ropin'?"
So that wasn't exactly the best way to say hello and start a conversation, but with an excuse to dust off such a line, why not?
"Ropes, spurs, an leather. Even if I weren't a cowboy, I'm talkin 'bout a good time!"

The gutter-minded Lone Ranger snikkered and gave the girls a smile. Even if they rolled their eyes and walked away or threw a glass at him, it was funny to him. That and the fact the whole Faelith family seems to be doing fine were all that mattered.

((In reference to a few posts back, I'm leaving it open if anyone wants to decide their character was touched with the power Amp-age. Have fun with it if you want.))

more_horiz
Lakai's one blue and one green eye glowed behind the mask. She smiled and tipped her head on the mask to get a good sniff. She grinned. " Well hey there. Im surprised you are here instead of hangin with the baby mama and illegitimate baby. This all your doing?" She tipped back another whiskey and let out a loud laugh. She loved being a bitch.

more_horiz
Allayne hugged his estranged lilttle brother and kissed Natalie's hand. He had been wanting to talk to Niko for some time, and this party proved to be very helpful in bringing him near people he needed to connect with. First Remy, then Niko and Nat. Amy Wood, if she didn't think him a total asshole for ditching her a moment ago when he saw Remy, was cool enough.

Axe thought a man at the bar was Kas. He wasn't sure, but the man's movements and gestures gave Axe the impression it was him. People that turn into mist have another way of moving in solid form, he thought to himself as he took off his Army of Two mask. He didn't care who knew him now. his LITTLE BROTHER was here now!

"Lil' man, look at you! All grown up, and you can turn back to flesh now?!" Allayne beamed at the knowledge that Niko could finally be seen as any other person, and free from persecution. "I'm glad you're here, but how's your mom and Things 1 and 2?", he asked thinking of Karen and the Alex's.

Niko went on to tell him of the M.R.D. troubles he'd had after Allayne left, the near-fatal shotgun blast in the shoulder, and his ties with the Alliance of Evil. That last part worried Allayne, as he taught in the Institute and had learned that the fabled X-Men make their home in the mansion. Fellow teachers like Hank McCoy, Ororo Monroe and such went out to fight off tyranny and oppression in crazy outfits. He even found out Remy was an X-Men too, named Gambit.

Niko went on to say that he himself wouldn't want to battle with Allayne, to which Allayne was happy to hear. Natalie, the stunning woman near Niko, seemed a bit perturbed at what she'd heard Niko say to Axe about the AoE. Allayne hummed a low note, and in the air traced a shape. A neon heart resulted from his tracing, and he sent it to Natalie, where it dissipated. "He's like my son. If you are ever in a bind, I'll help to make sure you guys are safe."

Allayne could move mountains now! He was incredible happy now, and didn't care what people thought. He told Niko to go to anyone in control of the music, and told him to pump the beat up. He started gathering ambient noise and have even more fun with his powers. He asked the bartender to pour 18-year old Glenfidditch for Natalie, an Incredible Hulk for Niko and a Speedy Gonzales for himself.

Allayne hadn't even made a name for himself in the mutant community, and he was acting all cozy with the Alliance of Evil. He wondered if Jason knew these members, or anything associated with them? Will I get kicked out of Algebra if Jason knows?, Allayne thought. Well, screw it. If people didn't understand what it means to protect loved ones, to hell with them.

Allayne went into the crowd a bit, and got bumped by a few of them in his dash to get into a good spot. The music started getting intense, and Allayne was just slightly intoxicated. It was mostly him being drunk with power, and he wanted to share it. His power was flaring up without reason, and he scanned the room for Amp. Sure enough, April had bumped into him as she smiled back at him. She looked incredible in that Slave Leia bikini, as well. Allayne felt like he was going to explode with energy and passion. 

He saw a Wolf mask, which he assumed was the Wolf-morpher. pretty lil' April, Remy, Kas, Luka, Jason and Sara, 'Amy Wood' and her kid, and a few of the pieces of eye-candy Allayne had checked out were all sent their personal 'party-lights' for a brief moment, while Allayne, Niko and Natalie were in the middle of the floor dancing with another lightshow around them.

Allayne was done with the stuffy hoy pinoy attitude. His was the gift of light and sound. Allayne was going to have fun and party regardless who was there. Bringing in the energy he was expelling, Allayne made a hologram of himself to dance behind Natalie. Aside from James Howlett's expert nose, it would be nigh-impossible to detect the hologram.

Allayne brought the personal strobes he'd sent to his acquaintances back in, so as to not bother them too much. He was happy, dancing and forgetting about work. He saw Niko and Natalie, looking content as well. That was enough for Allayne.

more_horiz
Her brain could forget a face; but apparently Lakai's nose would never forget a smell.
The blonde who always brought an after-the-rain feeling to the air smiled a bit.
"How old are you again?"
Kas waited for the shotglass to touch Lakai's lips before adjusting the pressure just a little, making the air on top of the liquid push the whiskey out of the glass much faster than Lakai was probably ready for.

"They're hangin with your sister and her runts." Kelly admitted, glancing at Natasha as she would likely be doing the same, if not for stubborn Lakai dragging her out here.
Kas shrugged at the next question.
"Me? I only helped with the advertising."

Then deigned to wait around the party alone just to see who would actually show up. So far, the person he was waiting for had yet to arrive, and Kas wondered in the back of his mind if it was a good idea for any of them to be here at all.
It was about that time a floating, sparking ball of light hovered overhead, casting tiny strobe flares across the bar counter as it blinked to the music. With a recollection of this flashy effect, Kas reached up and poked the phantom strobe light before watching it fly away and following its direction of origin.
He was about to excuse himself from Lakai, tipping back a watered down glass of vodka and standing from his seat. As he turned to walk toward the direction the light had flown away, he saw something that caused him to choke and take a quick step in reverse. Kas plopped back down on the barstool, looking suddenly a little pale in the face.
"Gimme another one." He waved to get the bartender's attention.

more_horiz
Lakai scowled when he made her drink dissapear. She ordered another and slammed it back before he could do it again. " Like you reaaaally care how old i am. And they are not with my sister. My sister left for her honeymoon today." She elbowed Natasha playfully. The girl looked like she really didnt want to be here. " Stay here kid, im gunna check something out."

She took a fresh drink with her and walked up to the real Allyane. " Adorable trick, but you fail to mask your scent. The fake you has no smell. Dead give away." She said and tossed back her drink. She was shorter than loika by a couple inches. The only other difference between the sisters was that one of Lakai's eyes was blue and one of them was green. Both sisters shared a slender and lean muscled build.

more_horiz
The Wolf came up to Allayne with a sinister feel. " Adorable trick, but you fail to mask your scent. The fake you has no smell. Dead give away.", she said, and Allayne knew he had thought she was someone else.

Allayne was still in high spirits, and felt he owe'd this Wolf an apology. "My bad on the light show and stuff. I thought you were another wolf girl."he said honestly.

He felt uneasy with this one though, like she was a caged animal waiting for an opportunity to strike out. Allayne instinctively looked at Niko to judge if he was a safe distance away. Just in case.

Allayne weighed the options. He could apologize further, and look like a weak man in front of this girl, or he could tell her that it wouldn't happen again and keep dancing.

Allayne chose the latter, telling Lakai that he'd keep his bursts to himself and started dancing with Natalie. His senses were in overdrive from that girl for some reason, but he ignored it and became determined to have fun again.

more_horiz
Natalie was loving her time at this..'gathering',as someone could call it.She had been to many parties to know that this was more of a gathering than a real party.Nothing so innocent was happening to the parties she went,and if anything was going on smoothly,she always made sure to light the fire,so she could cool them off right after.

Niko was the only person she could really associate with,since every other member of Alliance of Evil was...occupied with something else.So the little Sin was stuck with her,but she knew that he had no problem really.Archard was relaxing near the bar,while Niko had asked oh so nicely to go 'investigate' the man sitting near them,at the bar.Though before Natalie had the time to do anything,Allayne,as he was named,came up to us and started talking with Niko,making her feel completely unnoticed and alone.But soon the attention was turned to her,and she couldn't help the smirk that formed on her lips.Nat loved attention,and she was never one to hide what she wanted.

When she was moved to the dance floor,along with Niko and the little Lightbulb,as she started calling him,the mood change to something more intense,as the dancing became more..close,bringing out feelings she couldn't control.She was actually enjoying the close dancing,until another girl had to walk up to them,and start acting like a total stuck up bitch,which made Natalie want to freeze her to the spot,but she held back.No one knew she was the bad girl here,and no one would have to know,until the right time came.If this whole party,or whatever,ended up badly,she would be the one to freeze the place,and light it on fire,always with a little help.

Thankfully,the Lightbulb,Allayne,ignored the girl,and soon enough returned to his position behind her,swaying with her to the music once again.Natalie leaned her head against her shoulder as she let him move her,and enjoyed the feeling of warmth creating between them,along with a weird feeling at the pit of his stomach.He was an attractive man,and Niko's 'older brother',which made her feel a little weird,since Niko and she,had a somewhat complicated relationship.They were not a couple,but no one could say they were just friends.
Smiling,she grabbed Allayne's hands and placed them on her waist,then slowly pushed them down to her hips,all the while still swaying to the music.
"So..Lightbulb..tell me more about you..You are quite...interesting..."

Natalie always wanted to claim the men she had on her radar,and for some unknown weird reason,Allayne was one of them,as was Niko.Seemed like the 'brothers' had something that drew her in,and she was up for it.

more_horiz
With Intense music I poke my head in. With Flaming headed people dancing with seductive women and people gather around chugging large drinks of beer. I quickly realized this was not the place i was to find. The last words i remember where to find the boy of power. No person of great power would dare to stand here.
To my self. "Its time for me to go. No answers of mine could be answer here."
Turning back around, opening up a void i dashed in never looking back.
"Drink to your deaths. An let the darkness shadow your souls. For the void is power."

more_horiz
Swaying as she stepped through clusters of dancers, April blinked in sudden startlement, lifting her colorless eyes to what she could only call a will-o-wisp; flickering and thrumming to the music.

Until that point, it looked as if she had almost forgotten all the people surrounding her.
She smiled briefly before the little colored light was gone, then began to look around as if lost or searching for someone familiar.
For a huge halloween party, everything was running smoothly.. not that parties usually erupted into chaos around April; but this was certainly breaking away from the usual.

"Come on.. where are you already?" Murmuring to herself, April wrapped her arms around her barely covered torso as if to fend off a chill, yet drops of sweat were condensing over her brow. Continuing to meander through the crowd, she saw Axe and her usual sunny smile graced the world for a fraction of a moment. Then she noticed he was busy talking and dancing with a very attractive lady.

Staring down at the feet she passed, April walked, bumping and brushing past people while singing quietly to herself. Her love of classic country was a stark contrast to the house techno beats, but if offered the one thing that she was missing from this party- reassurance and a shred of confidence in herself and what she was doing. This night was going to be a hard wake-up call for some. A few were already beginning to feel the effect of her power spreading through them and waking up their unrealized potential.

So far, nothing destructive was happening, but already a few dancers had stopped on the floor to marvel at the occurring changes. One man seemed alarmed as rows of spikes began to grow from his skin. One young lady began to float over the heads of the other dancers while they looked on in a mixure of guarded awe and amusement. Another woman laughed loudly in elation as her minor empathic ability suddenly expanded to connect to dozens of buzzed partygoers around her.
April passed them by as if completely unware of anything, singing her tune.

"Now daddy didn't like trouble, but if it came along
Everyone that knew him knew which side that he'd be on
He never was a hero, or this country's shinin' light
But you could always find him standin' up for what he thought was right..
He'd say you've got to stand for somethin' or you'll fall for anything
You've got to be your own man, not a puppet on a string..."

more_horiz
Isabelle walked into the Ball, knowing she was extremely late. Better late than never, right? She hadn't been going for any specific look when she chose her outfit, but she ended up looking like a Cinderella. She wore a light blue DRESS with a matching MASK.

She walked into the ball and looked around at all of the people. She knew she would be one of the younger guests, though she looked much older than she was. She wondered, for a moment, how she might introduce herself if someone came up to her. She had been given a nickname, but she rarely used it. Gypsy. It fit her powers very well. She decided that tonight might be the best time to start using it. No one would recognize her anyway, and there was always the chance no one would talk to her at all. She walked in hesitantly, wondering what the night had in store.

more_horiz
Jason heard music and felt like he had to dance. Even thought he had no idea what he was doing on a dance floor. It was just a hunch. Maybe it was those two glasses of alcohol he drank that were now speaking to him and telling him he should be dancing. "Come on, love...dance with me," said Jason as he took Sara's hand and begun to drag her into the middle of everyone else. It was Masquerade Ball, dancing was part of it. A very large part of it, indeed.

more_horiz
Allayne danced and partied and didn't care what anyone thought. This was a mutant party, and he wasn't afraid to show he was a mutant. And with his 'lil' man' Niko and Niko's gorgeous friend Natalie dancing beside him, Allayne felt carefree as he hadn't ever in his lifetime felt.

Allayne felt euphoric, and wanted to share it with the rest of his 'acquaintances'. He smiled as he saw his employer Jason and his lovely wife shaking it nearby him on the dancefloor. "Good to see you enjoying yourself, sir. Monday starts the monotony again, haha.", he said as he raised his drink in a toast to freedom with Jason.

Allayne saw a figure he hadn't seen since he first arrived the city. He called to the young Cinderella with the young girl's frame. The hair and those eyes behind the mask made him think of a young sweet girl from the park, and Allayne sent a very small flare in her direction to catch her attention. 'Amy Wood' and her young charge were hanging back for the most part, and Allayne discharged another party flare at the kid. He wanted the kid to light up at the mini fireworks he was showing off. He sent one more at the Cajun, trying to get him to check the ladies out, something they had done while at work in California.

Allayne turned to Natalie and Niko saying "These people should be on the dancefloor, not chillaxin'!" He wanted Niko and Natalie to meet new people, and was going to ask Niko something when he noticed Niko had a strange stance that suggested something was wrong. Allayne tried to look for the source of Niko's expression, but all he saw was a sea of masks.

more_horiz
Lakai yawned and stretched as if she were bored. She could feel the other girl's dislike for her. But Lakai was never about pleasing anyone. She wrapped her arm around Natasha and smirked. " Im just here with my girl Natasha because, bwess her wittle heart some asshat totally broke her heart into itty bitty pieces. Why dont you cheer her up." She roughly shoved Natasha and returned to the bar for another drink, laughing as she walked.

more_horiz
Natasha let out a surprised gasp when Lakai shoved her. Lakai was her friend but she could be so bossy sometimes. Lakai wasnt all bad but she liked to test limits. Natasha would have loved to stay home and eat ice cream and watch movies tonight.

When Lakai shoved her she was forced forward a few steps and ran into allyane. She blushed bright red and tried to detangle herself from him. A few tears rolled out from under her mask. A mixture of emberassment and sadness from before she even came to the party. " Natasha is sorry." She said with a teary and russian accented voice.

more_horiz
Sara danced with Jason. " I love you so much Jason. Im glad we are finally getting some time together. It was starting to feel like we were strangers." She winked and danced with him to the music. She looked up into his eyes and was totally lost. It was hard to believe he was hers. She looked over at Lakai when she heart the disturbance and sighed. Would lakai ever fit in?

more_horiz
Dragon walked over to the bar, not for a drink, but to hear. He stood at the bar leaning against it. He closed his eyes and all of the sounds around him were slowly processed. He eventually got a drink. Coke, he didn't want to get drunk and get distracted. He needed his sense's sharp. He didn't like being around so many unknown entities. I needed another person I know, I have Eris, maybe Hades would show up. Oh well... he thought before turning and looking around, so many people, none he knew. Where should I go? he thought. He saw a dark corner with a table, and a few chairs. He sat down and kept himself to himself.

more_horiz
Isabelle turned when someone was trying to catch her attention. She smiled when she saw that it was the boy from the park. She had never learned his name, but she was still happy to see a familiar face. She walked over to him. "Hey, long time no see," she said sweetly, her Irish accent woven into her speech.

more_horiz
Niko looked over to Allayne and said "I'll be right back, I think I see a friend" and rushed off before anyone could question him. He went towards the bar and yelled "Arch!" to grab Dragon's attention.

Dragon turned to face him, confirming it was indeed him. Niko wasn't afraid of Dragon, but he didn't want to bother him in case he was in one of his infamous moods. Although they were both in the Alliance, neither of them had really conversed with the other much. Niko found out the connection between Dragon and Eris the hard way once, joking about Eris being like a child. Dragon threatened him, and Niko boiled over. Natalie had solved that problem, although Niko felt chastised. But that was history, and this was a party.

"Hey man," he said. "You look bored over here. Natalie's here, and so is my brother. I wanna introduce you to him." Although he thought he knew Dragon would decline, Niko hoped that the gesture would be appreciated as an olive branch of friendship. Niko really liked knowing his teammates, as he was taught that the bonds built within mates strengthen the aptitude of that team during battle. If Dragon and Niko were put on assignment together, he wouldn't know what Dragon would do at any given moment. Niko wouldn't know how to back him up.

Niko waited, wanting to see if Dragon was really that bored that he'd follow the kid to his brother and friends.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum