X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Power outages....

descriptionCompletePower outages....

more_horiz
Thunder had loomed over head in the early evening hours of the night as a small girl walked the streets.  Her hair tucked underneath a dirty torn hood, could not keep the tiny sparks that jolted out of it, hitting the brick walls as she walked past as fast as she could.  She had to get shelter, she knew this, it was as simple as that.  Already as she walked the street lights around her dimmed and burned out as if something was pulling the energy out of them.   Now, the power was out in three blocks that she had walked since the storm had rolled in.

The weather was just off these last few weeks, first freezing and now a thunder storm, in the winter of all things.  The girl pushed the sunglasses on her face up, making sure they stayed on top of her nose as she pushed passed another person on the street giving him a tiny shock to which he yelped out in surprise, unknown of what had exactly zapped him.  Still, her pace quickened down an alley way, the thunder rumbling closer to her as she walked.  The hoody she wore had sleeves that barely covered two large rubber like cuffs on her that seemed to be trickling with tiny silver flashes around them, conducting some kind of electrical impulse in the air.  Finally though, she found a place to hunk down.

She crawled under a small rubber insulation that sat on the curb of the next corner she was at.  As she looked back, she saw that the entire street and alley's she had gone down were now pitch black as the skies began to open up.

Last edited by Skye Perkins on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: Power outages....

more_horiz
Walking down the street the boy thought of what his brother had said. "Get stronger." those where the words he remember the most but, what was that post to do. Talking to himself "I though shooting lightning bolts was good enough, how am I going to get better. I got no ideas." plus there was the matter of that black flame explosion he saw to. There where so many question he had. That when he spotted a woman sitting on the curb of a corner. Unknowing if she was a "Norm" or not. She had this feeling and the gantlet was giving that sound it does when someone powerful was around. Not knowing anything he stood in front of her. "You thinking about something? There lots of questions in this world but, few answers. Only thing we can do is to get up an keep on going." hoping his words would give her some kind of hope he sat down beside here like a little kid would. Only time could tell if something big was going to happen.

more_horiz
Athena walked down the street coming from a piano concert in one of the many theatres nearby when all of a sudden the lights fizzled out with a gentle pop. Odd..... Looking up at the sky, Athena began to feel the familiar buzz of electricity heightening with the coming storm. A storm might be coming, but it wasn't near enough to cause this outage. Athena glanced up and down the street and found that she was actually in the very center of the outage. If she was any judge of how far the blackness extended, it was a good three blocks.

Pulling her black pea-coat tighter around herself, Athena rubbed her thumb and first two finger tips together feeling for any source of electricity she might be able to muster to turn the lights back on. She could feel that there was electricity in the air, so she rubbed her hands together quickly a few times until she felt a charge build up between her touching hands. Then, with a quick motion, gave a solid clap which sent out a burst of electricity turning all the lights back on as electricity was once again restored to the area.

"That's better..." she mused as she looked around. When her eyes fell on two small figures sitting on the side of the road, she went over to them. "Are you both alright?" Athena asked. If they were caught in the blackout, in the middle of Times Square no less, it was possible that they might be a little shook up. Even if they weren't, Athena thought it proper to check on them.

Last edited by Athena Calor on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
Looking up at the woman that liked clapping. "I'm good but I don't know about her. He had been sitting down on that curb for longer than I been sitting beside her. I think there might be something wrong with her but, I'm no girl. I don't know anything out from the text books. the boy stated. This day was getting stranger and stranger. Now there where two very powerful people around him. One time could tell if she was going to get better. "Hey lady, you alright???"

more_horiz
Dorian was being Dorian. He was sitting up on a rooftop in a tank top and shorts in this cold weather. Thank god he had his power. He could mask heat around him to warm himself up. He was eating potato chips when all of a sudden the lights went out. "Shit." He said before forming the winds around himself to levitate himself to the ground. All of a sudden with a few claps from a girl, the lights popped back on. Down the street were 2 people talking then the one who turned on the lights wandered over there. Luka closed his eyes and he teleported over to the trio with the winds. "I hope I'm not bothering you. Names' Dorian Giotelli."

more_horiz
She seemed to have gathered more company than she wanted and stayed perfectly still until she felt the pull of more electricity near her. First the boy who spoke to her, than the lady who had somehow brought the power back on, only to back the tube she was in glow brighter as the electrical surge of the air seemed to draw closer to the young girls body. She didn't know what to say only to move away from the three of them, not even noticing that one had floated down next to them.

As she did so, the tube she had hunkered down in light up sharply with electricity flowing all around it, absorbed into the rubber like a conductor as she scrambled out and began to walk away without saying a word. She needed to get space as the storm got closer, she didn't want to hurt anyone.

As she began to walk away, it was clear this girl was pulling in the electricity from the lights around her, as she tried to get away, keeping her hands around her and ignoring the voices that spoke. A loud thunderous rumble sounded and caused her to pause only a few feet infront of them in her attempt to flee as she turned back toward them. The sunglasses seemed to be bright behind the frames as she looked at them with great fear upon her face.

"You don't want to be near me... Please...." Her voice spoke finally after a minute as the wind blew her hood off her hair, causing her hair to stick out at all angles, the silver electrical stigma on it drizzled down the strands, absorbing all the electricity in the air.

more_horiz
As another someone landed softly next to her, Athena turned to find a rather handsome fellow standing next to her in...shorts and an A-shirt? Odd for this cool weather, but, seeing as he seemed float down from who knows where, Athena figured there was more to him that met the eye. "Athena. Pleasure to meet your Dorian. No bother...." she said to the man with a smile before turning her attention back to the girl. She was surprised to see her a little brighter than the surrounding area. Then as she got up and walked a little ways away, Athena felt a stirring in the electricity around her, almost as if some giant lightning rod was simply drawing a massive charge. The giant clap of thunder made her jump only slightly, but made the girl pause, if only for a moment. When the girl finally spoke, a gust of wind blew her hood back and Athena suddenly knew what the pull was. It was her....

Putting her hands up to show she meant the girl no harm, as well as to help herself be ready for anything, Athena stepped towards the girl slowly, keeping her sea-green eyes on her at all times. "It's alright. You're alright. My name's Athena, what's your name?" she asked softly, as the electricity continued to be drawn to this girl. She had to help calm her down so they could get her power under a little more control than it seemed to be at present.

more_horiz
Dorian smiled at the girl and when he looked into her eyes, he almost just went in for a hug. But he wasn't crazy. "Athena, Like the goddess of wisdom." He said he turned to the girl in front of them. Dorian shivered at the warning from the girl. "Calm down lady. How could you have survived this long if you can't control your power?" Dorian said holding his hands up just like the Athena was doing. "If you feel it coming, throw it at me." Dorian said looking at Athena smiling

more_horiz
The girl couldn't believe her eyes at the two in front of her, just standing there, not heading her warning. The wind picked up slightly as she looked at them, her sleeves slide up, revealing the two cuffs around them, that seemed to pull the electricity into them like a wire out of control. They weren't backing off, she just couldn't believe it as the sky lit up for a moment, the thunder blasting the area louder than before as she looked at them.

"You don't understand...." She yelled at them and put her hands up to show the cuffs that locked around her wrists as they swirled with the current. Her clothing lit up in the light, showing old prison-like uniform that was old and worn, showing she had been out on the street for sometime. She backed up a bit more, gasping as the rains began to shower down at them.

'How could they be so calm? Can't they see I can't stop this?' She thought to herself, a small tear dropped from under the glasses, it actually lit up as it did so, zapping out and into the ground as the sky lit up again, the lighting seemed to pull toward her and the other two, as if the girl was pulling the entire center of the electrical storm at them unwillingly.

more_horiz
"Just like the goddess of wisdom," Athena answered Dorian with a wink. His eyes.... Such deep eyes. If she wasn't so focused on the girl in front of them, she was sure she would have gotten lost in them. But, this poor girl was more important. At his instruction of if she feels it coming, to direct it at him, she glanced at him. Did he know what the it was? Looking back at the girl, she noticed the sleeves of her shirt slide up her arms to reveal bright bangles around her wrists.... No, not bangles.... Athena had seen these before in a book she read from The Institute's library. Rubber bangles were commonly used to help 'ground' mutants with electric mutations that did not have control over their abilities... So, her assumption was correct....

Another flash of lightning and crack of thunder sounded above them as she yelled to them that they didn't understand. With the flash of light from above, Athena got a good look at her clothing and her face hardened. This girl was one of so many mutants that were locked up when their powers, known or unknown, caused problems. As the rain began to fall, Athena saw an electrified tear fall from behind the girl's sunglasses and discharge into the ground. "I do understand. More than you know.... It's alright. I promise, you won't hurt me...." Athena said calmly to her, still coming towards her slowly, not wanting to make her run. Now that it was raining, her out of control power was even more dangerous. "I'm like you...." she spoke softly. If Dorian heard her, so be it, but she really wanted the girl to hear that Athena was just like her.

more_horiz
The girl seemed frozen in place as Athena spoke to her gently, like her mother did all those years ago. A caring, gently voice. She missed voices with that tone, and the man had the same tone as well, gently, soothing. Still, she just didn't know what to do. The rain seemed to be steady at this point, lighting her hair up more, causing her to almost shine in a way, it was beautiful really if not dangerous.

"No one is like me.... Please, I can't handle hurting someone else...." She spoke, her voice whimpered at the last part as she kept her hands up. She just didn't know what to do. She could run, yes, but that just posed more of a danger at the moment for the electrical energy seemed to increase. The thunder blasted even louder, almost defending, somehow the lighting was hitting the electrical rods around them. It was if the girl had come here for that very reason, the rods.

It was the reason she didn't know what to do at this moment as her clothing now began to get drenched. The cuffs, seemed to be lighting up in all sorts of electrical colors, blue, green, yellow, red, white, all out of sorts like a wire short circuiting. That was when the next lighting bolt stuck, inches from the three of them, hitting the ground with a deafening boom, yet the lighting left no mark on the sidewalk, it was pulled into the girl, lighting her up brighter, as if her body was loving the energy that was drawing into it. She seemed to be growing stronger with it, even without realizing that it was happening as the pulse flushed out of the cuffs and into the air around them, directly into the lighting rods above her. She was directly between two long rods, as if she unconsciously stood in this spot for that reason, to protect the others near her.

"I can't control it, please. Please....."

more_horiz
The surge of electricity flowing around felt good on the boy body. "Your an electrical one to? That's so cool, I found someone with my abilities." Sparking his hands, a steady flow of electricity moved from one hand to another. "If you have problem I can help you out. I learned how to keep mine in control a while ago...thanks to my brother's help." There where a lot of people around but, if was good. It felt like being part of a family. A feeling the boy nearly forgotten. The surrounding people look happy and nice to be around...even though it felt as if there was something wrong going to happen. The woman name Athena those, sure did know how to absorb all the electrical flows.

more_horiz
Athena took several deep breaths as she continued to move towards the girl. She heard the man near her speak about how he was an electric mutant, too, but she didn't pay him much attention. She needed to get the girl to discharge and calm down. "I am like you. Just like you..." Athena spoke to her as a flash of lightning struck near them and watched as the girl absorbed it. Within moments, the high voltage electricity suddenly discharged out of her rubber bangles and up into the air, connecting with two giant rods that shot the electricity to the ground.

Thinking quickly, Athena held up one hand, fingers open and palm facing just above the girl. Activating her own power, Athena allowed her body to pull the electricity to her turning it bright blue and forming an orb of sorts just in front of her hand. As she pulled and the power grew too strong for only one hand, Athena joined her other hand in the same fashion. As the orb grew and grew, the bolts of electricity coming from her bangles grew smaller and smaller. When she couldn't hold the electricity anymore, she set her feet a little apart in a stable stance before quickly clasping her hands together, drawing the blue power into herself. Folding her ring and pinky fingers together, keeping her first and middle fingers straight, pointing her thumbs up, Athena thrust her hands into the air, allowing the massive build-up of electrical energy to discharge with a loud CRACK as an electric blue bolt of lightning shot up into the sky causing a chain reaction of minor lighting blots and thunder to follow in its wake.

Breathing heavily, Athena's sea-green eyes, looked to Dorian and nodded with a small smile in a meaning that she might need him the next time before looking back at the girl. Everyone was getting soaked through thanks to the downpour of rain, but for the moment, they were safe since, at least, part of the electric energy was dealt with. "See.... Just....like....you.... Clear your mind so you can discharge the rest...." Athena spoke in a calm soothing voice to her, "You can do it."

Last edited by Athena Calor on Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Looking at her draw most of it out was cool. She turned into different color, the whole prosess look hard on the body though. Looking back at the girl then Athena again, he asked..."Controlling that much must put a huge strain on the body. You ok after all that. Cutting on light is no walk in the park ether." This girl was on a whole another level compared to him but, he hatted feeling useless. Putting his mind to it he started to focus on the girl inner electrical system. Trying to block as many flow spots he could, he wanted to make it easier to get rid of the remaining energy. He knew it was only going to last just one time since she was much older and had much more flow than he did but, that didn't stop his determination. Blocking just the head and legs was all he could do, just enough to shot the rest out her arms. "Damn it! Still to weak, why can't I do more than this! Why god Why, did you do this to me." He needed to get stronger and know he had found someone that could help him out...he wanted to fine where this person lived and was willing to do anything. Know, to get this girl to rid of the rest. The only thing he could not tell her. This was something she needed to find on her self. Cheering her on..."I know you can do it, just focus on it. The rid it all."

more_horiz
(gunna let Dorian post before I do if thats cool)

more_horiz
Dorian looked around and calmly stared at the lightning strikes hitting the ground, caused by Athena and that.. Dude. One hit the girl in front of them and she absorbed it. When Dorian and Luka were kids in Italy, Luka taught his older brother, Dorian, how to see energy. They learned how to detect when someone's potential energy turned into kinetic and could easily dodge hits. When Doran saw the lightning hit the girl, he saw electrical energy pass to her rubber bands. "Whoa. So I guess I don't have to be scared to use this." When another strike of lightning came down, it circled over the group and all of a sudden, a change of temperature came in the air. Dorian looked above and saw rain hitting and rolling off thin air. The lightning rebounded off the rapid movement of air and went into the sky causing a beautiful ball of lightning static. The static bolted lightning to four corners. It reminded Dorian of the roman myth of the winds from the four corners of the world. It was rather beautiful. Dorian let go of his hands and looked back at the group. "My brother taught me that."

more_horiz
She couldn't believe what she saw with the three of them.... Others. People with gifts. The one woman had simply taken some of the electrical discharge and dispersed it without much effort. Then, the boy tried something, and the man seemed to change the winds. Everything was happening so fast that she began to panic a bit. Almost like she was hyperventilating. Slowly, the girl in front of them simply sat down, not sure what to do now.

She had never seen, one, let alone three people try and help her, let alone use gifts like her. She began to take in a deep breath and slowly crawled her body into itself, trying to block the three around her as if she felt safe for once and didn't want to hurt them. It was clear the three could protect themselves from her, but she still had no where to run, not in this weather. It was almost as if she felt safe enough to finally let herself relax as she sighed softly.

"You could.... do those things.....It doesn't hurt any more." She spoke from her crawled position and a small smile crept on her face as the thunder loomed overhead. She breathed in, the bangles on her wrists seemed to calm down now that everything was being diverted, as if they didn't have to take in more than they already were.

more_horiz
Athena looked to the boy as he cheered the girl on. Giving him a small smile and a nod of thanks, she returned her attention to the girl. When the winds seemed to change, and she heard Dorian speak about not needing to worry about using something Athena turned her sea-green eyes skyward as a clap of of thunder followed several flashes of lightning that seemed to form a dome over all four of them. Looking closely she also saw the rain droplets slide off of what seemed to be an invisible shield. When the lightning split into four different directions, she went slightly slack-jawed. It was, truly, very beautiful. My brother taught me that... Letting her eyes fall to Dorian, she smiled.

Hearing a small voice, Athena turned and found the girl had taken a seat and seemed to be calming herself down nicely. Seeing her rubber bangles seeming to calm as well, she crossed her arms across her chest tightly as the small tremors, a common side-effect for Athena when she used her power for something big such as this, began to take over her lean form. "'At a girl. Good job..." she praised her while she continued to calm down.

more_horiz
Dorian smiled, letting go of his hands but the winds still formed a shield. "So you need help with that power? I used to hope there was some sort of place where we could learn of our abilities but I was raised on the streets until a man, Erik Lehnsherr? He took me in as his own when all foster care's wouldn't take care of me. My brother? He went off somewhere uptown Manhattan when we were about 13." Dorian looked up at the sky. He was obviously redirecting all references to were Luka actually went. The Xavier Institute. He wished he could spit on that abomination without getting all teamed up on. Last summer, Adrienne Kerwin tried to sneak in and even with her invisibility, she still got caught. Dorian's distant cousin, Dakota Kessler attended at that time. Gee what happened to that kid? Dorian didn't want any more mutants, with a promising ability like this, going over to a side that believes in the stronger race of human kind to kneel over and blend in with the lesser Homo Sapien. As Magneto said before he left to the Alliance, "Homo Superior's are just as their name implies. They are superior.". Dorian looked to the sky seeing the rain droplets run down.

He wanted to win more people over to the greater fight. Even he could invite that pretty girl, Athena. They could make a life together in the Mansion. Big dreams for a small guy.

more_horiz
Skye listened to the older two that spoke to her.  She watched the rain water run down off something that she couldn't see and it seemed to calm her.  Even the man's voice soothed her.  She had not heard encouraging words for some time, not since everything had changed.  The thunder boomed over head but now that everything was blocked by the mans gift, Skye had calmed herself down.   Still she didn't move from the spot she had sat down, knowing it was the safest place for everyone.

"Why are you both trying to help me?" She asked suddenly as lighting flashes overhead again and caused another deafening boom. She didn't move from her spot, only pushed the sunglasses up on her nose to keep them in place as she rubbed the bangles on her wrists.  They seemed to hurt her in a way by the way she rubbed them, but that was all that she let show.  The girl was simply unsure of what was to happen now.  No one had taken interest in her since she changed.  No one ever cared or tried to help her.  No, she had been locked up and thrown away, discarded.  

"I'm sorry for almost hurting you...."

more_horiz
The woman on the ground seem happy and that was enough to make the boy smile. Bending over the boy let out a huge gasp then stouted ot loud so that everyone could hear him. "You are amazing Ms. Athena!!! You got to teach me that!!!" the boy exclaim. He wanted to make sure everyone had a good smile on before anything else happened. Growing up there was not much happiness, so he always made it in his intriest to at less make people smile. Turning his attention to the lady with the bands, he saw that she had some kind of band on her. " Ms, Ms!!! What that rubber thing on her arm? It looks painful." Not knowing if his words would be answer he just sat back and "Puppy" eyed her...

more_horiz
"You had a good teacher," Athena said to Dorian as he told about the one who took him in and, likely, helped him learn about his powers. She thought the name of Erik Lehnsherr, but in that moment, she couldn't place it. Hearing Dorian speak of his having hoped that there was a place where mutants could learn to use their powers, and that his brother had, in fact, gone there. That's when the name hit her.... Giotelli.... He's Luka's brother... With a nod, Athena looked back at the girl, "There is a place where you can learn to use your powers. It's commonly called The Institute, but it's a school for those like us. That's why I'm helping you. I teach there, and I remember what it's like to not have control of something like this..." Athena gave her fingers a snap, making a small discharge of electric blue sparks that she turned into a small, harmless lightning bolt that shot to the ground in front of her feet. At the boy's praise, Athena winked at him and said softly, "All in good time..." He was a newer student at the school, one she hadn't really gotten to know yet, being new there herself. But, she knew she would get the chance...in time.

I'm sorry for almost hurting you... Using the same hand Athena snapped with, she waved away the girl's apology. "It's alright. You didn't mean to. Electricity is a fickle thing. Unstable, if you will. But, it can be controlled. I promise you that," she said soothingly. Tucking her hand back in to continue to fight her tremors, Athena asked, "What's your name?"

more_horiz
Dorian felt a sense of sadness wash over him. He put his hands on the girls shoulders in an act of console but immediately felt a shock go through his body. It was like a barrage sharp needles lightly poking Dorians body. Dorian's signature bang drooping down had flew up wards as if he had became a Super Saiyan from that TV show Dragonball Z which of course had electricity buzzing through their bulky bodies.

"Well that stung but of course I'm a big boy." Dorian said strutting out his chest in an attempt to bring light into darkness. He of course was unharmed by the electricity. The humidity in the air made him sweaty.
Dorian glared at the boys off topic question of Athena's ability. He looked away quickly with a smile on his face. That smile quickly soured when he heard the name "The Institute" came up. By none other than the girl he liked. He had prayed to whatever watched over him up in the storm clouds that she meant some other institute for mutants.

But Dorian knew better than that.

"An.... Institute?" Dorian said letting loose of a fist that caused the wind barrier to disappear. Dorian hoped his anger didn't get the best of him. But he was too late. A giant blast of wind blew through that stung like hot coffee. Dorian calmed down and the air got ice cold, still showing sign of annoyance.

more_horiz
The girl listened to the woman and the boy, shocked that the boy was so excited at such a time of danger.  She was about to speak again when the man placed his hand on her shoulder and she felt the electricity pour out of her body and into his in a jolt.  She gasped, afraid she killed the man, but was just as surprised to see him stand there like it barely hurt him.

"I'm sorry, Oh my, please, I'm so sorry.... I didn't mean to...."  She panicked for a moment, scrambling to her feet as he just said he was a big boy.  The girl was just so confused by everything going on that when the barrier vanished, she felt the electricity reenter their area.  The thunder was still looming overhead and the sky lit up again.  No, this wasn't safe any more.

"I don't even know what I'm doing or how I'm doing it.  Your safer away from me.  Everyone is.  It's why they kept me locked up.  It's for everyone's safety.  Please, I know you think you can help me, but I've hurt too many people."  The panic in her voice kept rising as the energy around them built.  The girl was freaking out again and it couldn't be stopped as another lighting bolt hit the area surrounding them and pulled into the girl.  She lit up brightly for a moment, the bangles glowing with a bright dance of discharge.  Suddenly, as if the entire storm was drawn into her, the girl collapsed.

Blonde electrified hair hit the ground with the rest of the frail girls body as the sky lit up one last time, the rain ending.  It was if the girl had taken the rest of the storm into her body and ended it with her strength unwillingly.  She was unconscious for a moment before slowly, breaths began to escape her rapidly and she screamed. 

"PLEASE JUST GET BACK!" 

more_horiz
When Dorian reached out and touched the girl, Athena wasn't surprised at all that he got a rather healthy jolt from her. Exhaling when he announced that he was alright, she was happy to hear that the nasty jolt was just that, a jolt. Seeing his hair sticking up all over, Athena managed to not giggle at his appearance, but his change in smile gave her pause. The blast from the raging storm that had been held at bay by Dorian caught Athena by surprise, nearly knocking her over first as a wave of warm air and then the chilly stormy air from before.

The air around them began to charge up again as thunder began to roll and lighting filled the sky above them once again. The girl's panicked words made Athena's sea-green eye snap to her. Her panic and the heightened electrical field around them was not a good combination since the girl couldn't control her power. Then, as quickly as it started, it was over. Athena's eyes grew wide as she watched the storm get drawn into the poor girl, making her glow for a moment. As she lay still, Athena ran to her and slid to a stop next to her, goosebumps covering her flesh as she entered the highly charged area directly around her. PLEASE JUST GET BACK! Her face firm, Athena knew what she needed to do. She had never dealt with this much voltage, but the girl needed to discharge. Shaking her head, she said, "Can't do that, sweetheart. Trust me...." Then, Athena quickly scooped her into her arms and began drawing the electricity into herself.

As Athena's heart began to race and an almost blue aura began to glow around her, she raised a hand, palm up towards the sky. With a sharp cry, a thick, blinding blot of blue lightning shot up into the clear sky with a deafening CRACK. She held onto the girl and kept the electricity flowing from her, though her own body, and up into the sky until she could feel the charge in the area begin to return to normal. Relaxing her power, Athena lowered her arm as the bolt ended with a pop. Sweat ran down her face mixed with the water from her hair, thanks to the rain, as she checked the girl. "Feel better?" she asked, quietly, letting the girl go. Athena stayed put to let her body recover and slowly, she started to feel her breathing and heartbeat return to normal. Thankfully, her Healing Factor would take care of the small electrical burns she had received. However, the tremors that were slight from the first discharge, were much stronger and more obvious with this one.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum