World of Mutants

You are viewing forum as a guest. Register to see all sections, all the cool people do it.

World of Mutants

Mutants are not the ones mankind should fear. - Dr. Jean Gray

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO WORLD OF MUTANTS!
Create your character HERE
Claim your celebrity HERE
Greet other students like yourself HERE
Pick your character's power HERE
Current plot
Many years ago Xavier's school for gifted mutants was attacked. It was left in ruin. Teachers and students abandoned it with no hope of returning to it for sanctuary...

Years later a professor named Jason Andrews returned life to the school's halls and rebuilt its walls. Students have once again come to learn at the school in safety.

Many other mutants aren't quite so lucky. Some still remain hidden in the shadows and some within factions like the brotherhood are left leaderless.
Staff

Loika Faelith

Share | .

City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Christopher Knowles

Neutral

PostSubject: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Chris had been in New York City for all of two days before he'd gone looking for a bar in which to sit down and enjoy a drink. After having driven all the way up north from Missouri following a chance meeting with Violet in which it was revealed he was a mutant and wasn't as alone in the world that he thought he was, he felt it the only option available to him. For most of the drive he questioned his motivations for accepting her invitation to stay and learn from her as he did and couldn't decide whether it was simply to learn from someone more experienced with their powers than himself or more basic in her being a beautiful young woman and wanting to get to know her on a more personal level.

The young man decided he'd probably get those questions sorted out eventually and had spent a great deal of time looking around the city hitting tourist hotspots such as Times Square, the Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Ellis Island and Central Park first and he was all-in-all impressed with the city. It wasn't just the size, but knowing he wasn't the only mutant in the world; not with just Violet, but he could just feel it in his gut that there were more of them in that city than anywhere else and it amazed him. He had to scoff inwardly and muse about mutants choosing the City that Never Sleeps to call home as poetic as he walked into the bar and took a seat.

"Scotch," he stated as he looked at the bartender, "hold the ice." He mad a mental note to meet up with Violet at some point the next day and to not drink himself into a complete stupor but the night was young, the bar was just filling up and as the bartender slid the glass of Scotch to him, he noticed that he was far from his ten drink limit.
Back to top Go down

Sophia Jackson

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 pm

Sophia was out for a night on the town.  Still with her charm and looks, she was able to get free meals almost nightly.  She loved taking it to her advantage sometimes.  Now that she was working on control of her powers, she was able to really manipulate certain men, mostly human, to buy her things. 

Tonight, she decided to hit a regular bar.  Dressed up for the night in a little black dress she entered the bar that Chris was in.  As soon as she entered a flowery pleasant smell accompanied her.  She always seemed to have her pheromones releasing that one scent whether she liked it or not.  Without realizing that Chris was also a mutant, she took a seat at the bar beside him and waved the bar tender over.  Her eyes glew slightly pink around her iris's as she spoke to the man.

"Frozen lemon-lime Margarita.  Sugar not salt.  Thanks sweetie."  Sophia spoke to the bar tended who couldn't seem to resist staring at her with passion and lust.

"It's on the house beautiful."  The man said to her, causing her to smile brightly.  Another free night of drinking.  She could get used to this life.  As she got her drink, her eyes scanned the bar and she looked over at the man next to her and smiled.  Already she decided to work her magic on him, sending off a pleasant lustful pheromone at him and smiled.

"All alone tonight too sweetie?"  She purred at Chris, her pink iris's lining was very bright right now.  No human would notice it, but most mutants did for her powers weren't extremely effective on her kind yet.  Maybe she could get a free meal from him.  She just figured him to be human like her.

((OOC: you didn't say if this was open or not hope its okay that i posted))
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:15 am

Chris picked up the glass of Scotch and opted to drink slowly, having planned to cut down on his drinking a bit ever since being tossed out of the last bar he had been in before coming to New York. Still, after taking a mouthful and downing it, letting the burn set it, he looked at the glass with a contorted expression. It wasn't the best glass of that particular drink he'd ever had and likely only ranked just one bar above the worst but after looking over at the shelf of liquor in front of him, he didn't see anything that he could classify as any better and sighed softly, forcing himself to take another drink.

He didn't notice the young woman that sat next to him for a moment until the bartender gave her a drink on the house. This drew Chris' attention to them both, wondering who he had to screw to get free drinks in New York. Something wasn't right about it, though, and it appeared that the barkeep was in some sort of trance as if he couldn't help himself making Chris' brows furrow as he turned to face the woman beside him and at the sight of her, it was as if his eyes had struck the lottery.

At her question, it was like his inner most desire in that moment was to be with her. For a second, he smiled softly at her and couldn't help but lean a bit closer to her focusing on nothing but her beauty. He openly checked her out from the feet and moved upward as he spoke, "I was, but with you here, my night won't be so lonely, gorgeous..." Chris had become like a brainwashed puppet up until his lustful gaze reached the young woman's eyes and took note of the color. Then it was like a light switch and he blinked a few times with a furrowed brow finally being drawn back into his senses and thinking on his drink as the most important thing in the bar as was normal for him. "Wait, no - even I'm not that forward."

He leaned away from her and turned in his seat to face the bar again, taking a big mouthful of Scotch followed up with a grunt at the burn and taste of the liquid. "So that's your trick, I take it? I'd show you mine, but you'd probably end up dead, New York would have a blackout, priests would declare the end has come and all kind of other crazy shit." He chuckled again, looking over at her, "But I am curious: were you trying to seduce me because you want more free drinks, or thought I'd be a good time? Figure that's the least I can ask, right? Given I'm the only guy in here seemingly immune to your smell, dress and bright pink eyes."

(OOC: It's cool, I don't mind.)
Back to top Go down

Sophia Jackson

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Sophia was amused at him checking her out, succumbing to her spell.  When he reached her face, she saw he snapped himself out of his trance and she knew instantly he was of her kind.  She laughed slightly, taking a long sip of her drink, and smiled at him.

"You aren't a bad looking guy, so it was both.  Free meal actually.  And maybe some fun later if you were a good little puppet."  She said with a smirk.  Sophia knew how to play it.  She could admit, he was her type.  She eyed him up and down as well, looking at his face with intensity.  Her pink iris glow dimmed, but the smell of flowers and lust remained.  She took another big drink and ordered another one which the bar tender gave her like a puppet.  Again he told her it was free.

"I'm sure you could show me in another way.  Or tell me.  And to think, I almost had you under my spell like the bar tender."  Her smile was widened, bright white teeth peaked from her pink lips.  She knew she was a charmer, how to work every angle.  Her eyes looked down for a moment, then back up and she looked right into his eyes.  Her iris's pink shade glew slightly as she pulled the lustful pheromone back figuring it wasn't worth the extra effort.  The flower smell however that was always with her.

"I'm Sophia sweetie.  Whats your name?"  She asked and took another sip of her margarita.  She was getting a little bit buzzed, but that didn't matter, fun things happened when she was drunk.
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:46 pm

"Yeah," he mused for a moment with a nod, taking time to sip the Scotch, "well, I'm no one's puppet. I spent too long doing what I was told and I'm done with that chapter of my life. So, if you're looking for a free meal and a good time from me, you'll have to earn it like normal people." He grinned over at her, kind of looking forward to seeing how she would handle the challenge. She already had attractiveness in the bag, so if their personalities complimented one another well enough, Chris had no problem taking her for that meal at the least. He did lean in, his eyes narrowing and lowering his voice to a firm, but quiet whisper,  "Cause if you try that on me again... I'll zap you like a bug in a lamp."

It wasn't so much her doing it that bothered him, but not being in control that irked him. Ever since his body had begun changing and his life had fallen apart, he had been someone falling without hope of stopping and in loss of control of his life which had been in his firm grasp up until then. Now that he knew what he was, what he was capable of, and was growing more in control and stronger each day, Chris resolved to take power of his life back. "But if you want to toy with these people, I don't care. It must be nice having a more subtle, less deadly gift."

"I'm surprised you don't know how to get things without using your gifts. Normal women that don't look half as nice as you in that dress do it all the time."
He tapped the bar and the bartender went about refilling his glass while Chris turned in his seat again, this time getting more comfortable given that their conversation was only beginning and he was still intrigued by just how many mutants there were in the world. He thought on her words a moment before smiling softly, "Well, there's an adage that close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades."

"Nice to meet you, Sophie. My name's Chris," he stated plainly, "don't call me sweetie, we just met - at least get this barkeep to give me a free drink first." He looked over at her in the most serious look possible for a moment then laughed at his own words as they were truly in jest.
Back to top Go down

Sophia Jackson

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:59 pm

Sophia smiled as he spoke to her, and grinned with the threat.  She already liked him a lot.  She took another sip of her drink and smirked.
"Well, I don't have full control over what my pheromones release, but I promise I won't try it on you again, purposely that it."  She looked down slightly, flirty like before looking up, her cheeks slightly red.  She finished up her drink and looked back to him.  When he spoke about her gift being less deadly, her smile vanished.

"It's not a fun gift... I've been raped, I've accidentally repulsed someone to commit suicide.. same guy mind you, but I'm constantly whistled at.  These humans always hit on me.  Trust me, after a while it gets boring."  She looked down again.  Surprised in herself for admitting all of that too him.  She knew the alcohol was to blame.  She smiled when he challenged her to get him a free drink and her smirk reappeared.

"Done deal.  Excuse me Bar tender.  I was wondering if you could put my new friends drinks on the house too?"  As she spoke, her eyes glew bright pink, sending the mans hormones sky rocketing out of control.  It was obvious the man was getting turned on and he nodded quickly.

"Of course.  What ever you require from me gorgeous.  Do you want another drink?"
"No, I'm good doll.  Thank you." 

Once the bar tender left, Sophia looked back to Chris.  Her smirk turned into a grin then a bright smile.
"Anything else?"  She mused, and laughed slightly.  She loved toying with humans sometimes.
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:19 pm

Hearing her issue over control over her powers, Chris could sympathize given that control of pure electricity was more difficult than carrying water in one's hands for a distance greater than a few feet. In fact, Chris was hoping that he could keep his natural attraction to such a beautiful woman under wraps, otherwise she was likely to end up with her hair standing on end and he'd be busted like a kid with a hand in the cookie jar. Following a nod, he sighed and explained his own hardships, "I shut down an entire city grid over a broken beer mug, and have electrocuted so many people I can't even think of a number - all of which wasn't purposeful, so I understand you when it comes to control, believe me. I'm getting better, though, so long as I don't drink too much and keep my emotions in check."

"Damn..."
was all he could say when Sophia spoke of how she didn't see her power as so much a gift than a curse, just as Chris had before he had taken his first steps into understanding his power and gaining control. He hated to hear what happened and felt general sadness for her, but also shock in that she would reveal such personal details of her life with a man she had just met. Still, his sympathy showed on his face and in his eyes with the shake of his head as he took another sip of Scotch, "that's rough. Sorry to hear that. No one deserves that. Ever."

Chris hadn't suspected for her to actually arrange free drinks for him, though sat there with a grin on his face as he watched it all unfold and the bartender tore up the paper he'd been writing Chris' tab on. The young man couldn't resist laughing with excitement and out of being impressed at Sophia's ability, sad that he couldn't show her his own in such a public place for various reasons. "Well, hot damn," he exclaimed turning to her still wearing a grin for a moment then sat back in the bar-stool a bit and nodded, glancing over at her, his ice blue eyes looking at hers now taking note of her natural brown color, "thanks... I guess that means you get to call me sweetie, eh? That was the deal anyway and I'm a man of my word, so as much as I'm going to hate it, go ahead. It's the least of my worries after you've cleaned by bar tab."
Back to top Go down

Violet Divine

Alliance of Evil

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Violet was out for a walk after work and was simply enjoying the evening air. Chris would be arriving in the city soon, and, really, the thought brought a smile to her lips. There was certainly something about him that made her...happy. Tucking her brown hair behind her ears to get it out of her face, thanks to the wind tossing it about a little, she glanced up and a familiar face caught her eye in, little surprise, one of the local bars. So, he did make it... She noticed he was chatting with another woman, but didn't give it a second thought. People talk to people, that's the way of it.

Slipping inside, Violet let her hazel eyes drift around the bar, taking in everything as was a habit of hers. Silently, she moved over to Chris and the woman he was speaking with. "What a surprise to see you here. Didn't know you made it already, Chris!" she chimed happily, tilting her head and giving him the smile she had kind of adopted since meeting him in St. Louis. If she read him correctly, this was a smile he enjoyed seeing.

Turning her attention to the other woman, she tipped her head in a silent greeting, as was her way with people she didn't know. Chris had been the exception that night in the darkened alley... The first of many exceptions that he was to her... When the barkeep asked if she wanted anything to drink, Violet simply smiled and shook her head before turning her attention back to Chris. "How long have you been in the city?" she asked her eyes bright at seeing him again.
Back to top Go down

Sophia Jackson

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:51 pm

Sophia frowned when he told her his story, knowing full well how much powers can cause trouble over the tiniest of things.  They were hitting it off.  She really was enjoying talking to him.  She finished her drink up and looked over to him when he thanked her for getting the tab taken care of.

"You asked, I didn't mind.  It's easy on humans. And Don't worry, I won't call you sweetie.  I'll stick to your name, Chris.  Maybe we can hit up a club soon, and than maybe go to your place?" She said with a smirk when another woman entered the bar and went directly to them both.  Apparently she knew Chris.  Sophia looked the woman over and frowned.  She hated competition and she was really looking forward to having the night with Chris to herself.  She enjoyed his humor and understanding.  But now, this other woman was spoiling her plans.  

As the woman spoke to Chris, nodded to Sophia, she simply nodded back.  Uncontrollably, she sent out a pheromone of repulsion toward Violet.  If Violet was not a mutant it would of caused her to flee in horror, but since she was, the pheromones did not have a great effect.  Jealousy was something Sophia had a lot and her body seemed to flow with it whether she liked it or not.

"I'm guessing you two know each other?" She said with a glare at the other woman.  It may have been because Sophia was getting drunk, or she simply really liked Chris, but she hated that this woman had entered right in the middle of their conversation.

"I'll have another now please Bar keep.  Thanks doll."
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:28 pm

It was easy for Chris to talk about his personal hardships concerning his abilities now that he had other people like him to talk to that would understand what he was talking about. No one wanted to speak with people that had no clue what life was like, but judging by her expression as he spoke, the young man could see that she understood. Her own story notwithstanding, he could breathe a bit easier just by talking about what had happened having not really done so in years.

"Well, thanks again. I asked, but you didn't have to and I appreciate you calling me Chris - I've never been a big fan of pet or nicknames. It's just too... childish, I guess, I don't know." Chris took another sip of his now free Scotch which suddenly tasted better now that he didn't have to pay for it and looked over at her with raised brows when Sophia laid all the cards out with what her intentions for the rest of the night were. In fact, the idea was appealing, but he didn't get a chance to answer before he spotted Violet coming over. It was as if fate had a way of rubbing life in his face making it clear that he wasn't as in control as he thought. Still, he was happy to see her and greeted her with a warm smile.

"Hey," he said, still wearing his smile, "New York isn't as big as they say, eh? And I find it hard to believe you're that surprised to see me propping up a bar - that's how we met, remember? Well... not so much in the bar, but you know." He chuckled and as she asked how long he'd been in the city, Chris realized that he'd lost track of time after arriving with just playing tourist and having a look at landmarks. He furrowed his brows in thought before responding, "Not too long. Sorry I haven't gotten hold of you, I've been looking around at the city's mainstays and lost track. Glad to have ran into you, though, we can swap information easier this way. Want a drink?"

Chris turned to Sophia as she asked her question and it didn't take a rocket scientist to see the distaste in her eyes. Part of him was giddy as a schoolboy at having two beautiful women with him as that hadn't happened in years, but another more rational part of him was concerned and hoped nothing bad would happen from the situation. After all, he and Violet were friends and he'd just met Sophia. It wasn't as if the wife was meeting the other woman - that would have been hell for sure.

"Sorry, the liquor's ruining my manners," he began as he looked between them, "Sophia, this is Violet. Violet, this is Sophia." He looked back over at Sophia furthering how he knew Violet, "We met in St. Louis. In fact, she's the one that told me about, well... us. Until then, I thought I was alone and just some sort of laughing stock for the powers that be. She's offered to help me control my ability." Chris didn't feel the need to add that he would be living in her penthouse as Sophia was already visibly jealous and that would have done nothing but throw gas onto an open flame.
Back to top Go down

Violet Divine

Alliance of Evil

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:46 pm

Violet noticed a small fragrance of something vial after the other woman tipped her head at her. So, she's one of us, too.... Pushing the odor to the back of her mind, she put on a pleasant smile as Chris introduced them. "Pleasure to meet you," she said to Sophia. Watching her closely, her eyes darkening slightly, Violet knew why the smell met her. Sophia was envious of the fact that she knew Chris and, perhaps, foiled whatever plans she might have had in mind for her and him that night.

Turning her attention back to Chris, her eyes brightened back up, as she laughed lightly. "Maybe not surprised to see you in a bar, but more to see you here in New York. I didn't know you would be here so soon. I do hope you have found the city to your liking," Violet said simply. The feeling filling her up was familiar and she welcomed it. Since her return to New York from her trip to St. Louis, she had slipped back into the same old Violet routine: woman of few words that watched from afar, a true shadow. Being with Chris, she felt different, and now her happiness of seeing him and knowing he was here only grew. When he offered her a drink, she said, "I'll have what you're having." Violet could have a drink, she reasoned. Just one won't hurt...
Back to top Go down

Sophia Jackson

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:20 pm

Sophia listened to him speak, and then heard him offer her a drink.  Her face instantly froze.  She wasn't going to use her gifts to get Violet a free drink.  She actually wasn't happy at all that this woman had shown up at all.  Sophia really wanted to have Chris to herself.

"Well, I guess it's nice to know your name.  But I'm not using my charm to get her a free drink Chris.  That's only something I'm doing for you.  I guess now that your friend is here, you don't want to have fun tonight as we were about to do."
 Sophia said with a smirk.  She sighed slightly, drinking her new drink and eyed the female mutant.

"Well, Chris.  I have a hotel room and know a great club if your still game."  She smiled sweetly, placing her hand onto his.  The pink in her eyes glew brighter for a moment as she began to throw pheromones of sex appeal and lust at him.  She also tried to get his hormones moving, but it was hard for her to do on a mutant.  She still didn't have it down pact.  It was clear she was trying to get him away from Violet.

"I can show you what this city is like at night.  And trust me Chris, it's one wild ride."  Sophia grinned and winked at him, taking another sip and ordered him another scotch.  Again it was on the house.
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:50 pm

Son of a bitch, this could turn out to be the cat-fight from hell he thought to himself as he noted Violet's sudden change in features upon looking on Sophia. He was aware of what they both could do and it could turn out causing havoc in the bar that Chris wanted no part of. He'd been in war once already and didn't want to see similar sights as the result of two women having the hots for him. All things being what they were, both women were gorgeous and Chris' indecisiveness didn't play into his favor at the moment as he had no clue what to say or do and simply sat there watching them and listening before nodding to Violet, offering a smile trying to keep everything civil.

"Oh yeah, this city is amazing. It's huge, but I'll get the hang of it after I've been here a while. And honestly, I didn't expect to be here so soon either, I just drove on. I figured I didn't have anything going for me until I got here, so I only stopped for fuel. I'm literally going on 4 hours of sleep over a two day period - I'm wired... no pun." After hearing what she wanted to drink, he nodded and offered her the seat on the other side of him figuring it best to keep himself between the two ladies. If all else failed, he figured he could touch them both on the temple and give them a light enough jolt to knock them out, but then too many questions could arise and even so his lack of control could cause his power to surge and their heads could explode.

Chris gave Sophia a look of disapproval for a moment at her words in regards to the drinks for Violet. While he knew her reasons for such behavior, he didn't see where it had to be so open and at times when people hated one another, they could try to be adults. While he wouldn't say anything openly in fear of escalating things, he had every intention of paying Violet back for whatever she spent as that was the kind thing to do. "Very well, if that's what you want, Sophia. It's your ability and I won't tell you how to use it." He didn't feel the need to comment on her plans for the rest of the night as it would only intensify the situation, though it did cause him to swallow hard. In fact, he thought he was going insane.

When she touched him, it didn't help things and he felt even more in a corner than before. His face was probably as red as a chili pepper because he could feel the heat due to the pressure he was under. He had Violet on one side who he was going to live with and learn from and who obviously liked him and then Sophia who was offering a good time though her feelings were a mystery to him having just met her. Either way, the pressure got to him and it wasn't a surprise to him that when he reached for his drink, a single bolt of electricity came from his palm and shattered the glass into pieces. "Dammit!"

If not for the second Scotch she had ordered him, he'd have been totally without drink, which he picked up and downed in one before tapping the bar for another. Chris had to get his mind under control otherwise anything was possible.
Back to top Go down

Violet Divine

Alliance of Evil

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:42 am

Violet was not impressed with Sophia and her apparent blatant dislike of her being there. Well, she had just as much right to be there as she did. Hearing the offer she made to Chris, Violet's eyes grew wide. Whatever her plans had been for her and Chris, she didn't need to voice them as such. Perhaps it was the liquor talking, but Violet was pretty sure it wasn't. In fact, she was certain of it...

Taking the seat Chris offered, she shook her head when she heard that he was running on practically no sleep. "Not healthy to do that," she mock scolded him. He was a grown man, but she couldn't resist. Seeing his look of disapproval at Sophia's antics, her hazel eyes smiled. Seems he wasn't very impressed with her actions either. Tucking her brown hair behind her ear, she began to play with her spinner ring as she listened to Chris comment about her powers and how she used them. So, she uses her powers to get free drinks.... Violet raised an eyebrow gently as she figured that little tid bit out about her.

Seeing her place her hand on Chris' a twinge of jealousy began to creep over her, but she easily let it go. What was the sense in doing anything about a drunk girl pushing herself onto him, powers or not. He was able to take care of the situation and if she needed to, she would step it. When he reached for his glass, Violet saw the small bolt shoot from his hand and shatter the glass. As he reached for the other glass and downed the liquor, Violet glanced around to see if the coast was clear. Seeing it was, she leaned over the bar and held out her hand. A shadow hidden from everyone's sight flicked a towel into her hand. If anyone saw anything, it would just look like she reached over the bar and grabbed a towel. Mopping up the liquid from the glass, she glanced at Chris and put a comforting hand on his upper arm. "It's ok. Just, calm down. Think of something calming..." she whispered soothingly to him. She looked into his eyes and smiled softly. "First step is learning to focus the mind," Violet said evenly, gently, as a teacher to a student without the authority.
Back to top Go down

Sophia Jackson

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:55 am

Sophia watched Violet and Chris, seeing them interact.  Sophia never hid her powers from the public.  She never saw the point in it.  The human race knew mutants existed, they knew some were dangerous, but not all.  When Chris broke the glass, she removed her hand in a startled surprise and then laughed slightly.

"That was a nice display of power.  Don't be so scared if they notice your gifts.  There's so many of us now that humans are just getting used to it."  She was very drunk at this point, finishing her drink off.  Sophia kept laughing.  She looked at the bar tender and then to the other two.

"Screw it, Violet right?  I'll get you a free drink no problem.  What do you want?"  She called the bar tender over and her eyes glew slightly brighter.

"Sweetie, can me and my friend Violet get a few more on the house drinks?  I'll leave you my number if you want as payment for being so sweet."  She said to the man who nodded rapidly.  He was a puppet to her work.  Of course she wasn't going to give him her real number.

"How about all three of us go clubbing after this.  I think Chris could use it.  Besides, I am getting a bit drunk and you don't seem so bad now Violet."
Back to top Go down

Alchemy Lehnsherr

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:00 am

Alchemy danced to the music on her ipod as she stocked beer and mixed drinks down one end of the bar, one ear phone hung from her head as she moved her hips and smiled at the appreciative men who tipped her generously.

She loved working bar more then she did any other job and was glad she could bar hop around the city mixing drinks and having a good time. She didn't always end up in the same place it all was determined by who called.

She moved down the bar filling drinks turning she started flipping through her playlist looking for something new, turning on a song she looked up at the patrons making sure everyone was attended to. "Lucky guy" she murmured watching a handsome man with two ladies on each side, her eyes went wide as his hand expelled a burst of energy she sucked in a breath and dove grabbing his hand to avoid another burst of lightning a sizzle of electricity of her own rippled over her hand onto his "Easy there live wire" she said with a laugh "can't afford to lose to many glasses"
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:12 pm

The young man heard Violet's concern for his health out but didn't see it as much of an issue. He'd been fighting sleep for years and for various reasons and differing methods. He always knew when he'd reached his limitation of insomnia and had to literally pass out though this generally followed a night of binge drinking. "Maybe not, but I stayed up longer than that overseas," he commented with a shrug, "I'll live. Just don't be surprised if I crash for a full day once the adrenaline rush drops down."

After the glass shattered, Chris just stared at where it had been, a look of both disappointment and frustration in his eyes, but upon having one of the other bartenders come over and grab his hand, his first instinct was to pull it back to avoid electrocuting her. Alas, upon their hands making contact, it was obvious she was just like him and he suddenly felt more at ease. In fact, he nodded at her with a soft smile albeit feeling like a klutz, "Yeah, guess not. I think I'm good now, it was just... a thing. Name's Chris, by the way. I appreciate the help there." Inwardly, Chris felt like he was in some sort of dream where female mutants were coming out of the woodwork to make his libido go crazy. The fact that the other electrical mutant was a cute blonde didn't help matters - Chris had always had a weakness for blondes, though could never explain why. Holy Mary mother of God, this night is gonna be hell on me yet he thought to himself, going quiet for a moment, the gathering himself and opted to remain more to the point and not linger on things as he turned to Violet as she spoke up.

"I've been working on calm for the past hour but like I said, I'm good now. It was just a moment of weakness. That's normal, right," he questioned with an arched brow at her, knowing he had a lot to do in order to control his ability being someone who's power activated so late in life. He'd been wondering why it happened that way since St. Louis and figured it had something to do with the amount of power he could produce. Maybe a power like his and the bartender's was something that bloomed later than others. Still, he smiled at her advice, happy to take it, "thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Don't wanna focus too hard, though, or I may lose myself..." He wasn't referring to his ability as his own self with the look Violet was giving him and the softness of her voice. It was in great contrast to Sophia who was open and blatant about her wants, but Violet was subtle and, from his point of view, more romantic. He liked it.

Despite Sophia's laugh at his display of power, he sighed and looked at her, "Yeah, it's something amazing alright, but it's extremely dangerous. I was never the scientist or anything, so I don't know for sure, but the energy I can output is sometimes scary. It's like I have my own atomic bomb and know what it can do, so I try to avoid using it - does that make sense at all?" He wasn't scared of people seeing his power so much as trying to make issue of seeing him do what he could do. Chris had fought in a war caused by fear and hatred and the last thing he wanted was to become point-man for a mutant defense squad killing humans - they were all the same in retrospect. Sophia's change of pace did startle Chris, though and he looked at her in bewilderment, glancing at Violet, then back to Sophia and even to the blonde wondering what the hell was going on. He listened as she was intent on Violet's drink and going clubbing together. If she had a threesome in mind, all he could hope was she didn't say it as that would have the young man heading for the bathroom to take a cold shower in a vomit-covered sink.

"Sophia," he began questioningly and shook his head, "never-mind. I lost my train of thought."
Back to top Go down

Sophia Jackson

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Sophia watched the female bar tender come over, noticing she too was a mutant and smiled.  Seemed Chris was a ladies man tonight.  She giggled slightly and stood up.  She moved closer to Chris and decided to press her luck now that she was very drunk.  She leaned into him, smell him slightly, and released a pheromone of sexual lust.

"If I sat on your lap, would you mind Chris?"  Sophia asked with a flirty smirk, forgetting Violet was there along with the bar tender.  Her mind was fuzzy.  She had way too much to drink.  Suddenly, without any warning at all, Sophia kissed Chris on his lips.  It was a passionate quick peck as she opened her eyes, the pink in her eyes glew slightly.  She was focused on Chris only now.  

"What do you say, if your friend doesn't want to come clubbing, we go back to my hotel room.  I'm a bit buzzed and you are just too cute and funny to let go."
Back to top Go down

Violet Divine

Alliance of Evil

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:16 pm

Violet's eyes smiled in understanding when she heard him say he had been trying for control for the past hour, but this still happened. Nodding she said, "Sometimes gaining the upper hand on your powers can cause for little things like this. It's normal." She moved her hand from his upper arm, and gently touched his cheek before sitting back down.

The barkeep coming over to help, caused Violet to smile and nod her thanks to her. She didn't know if she was a mutant, but she was glad that she was there to help break the tension. "Sorry about the glass," Violet offered. It was the least she could do...

Hearing Sophia's offer for all three of them to go clubbing, Violet didn't say anything. Clubbing, as a group where the women outnumbered the men, wasn't her kind of idea of a good time. Clubbing just her and a date was more her style. Chris' beginning to speak and then stopping mid thought seemed to give the same impression.

Sophia's question made Violet's hazel eyes snap over to the girl. They narrowed as she got up and closed the distance between her and Chris and then......KISSED him..... After the kiss, Sophia offered for him to go back to her hotel and do things if Violet wasn't interested. Setting her teeth, Violet looked the picture of calm and control. No one would suspect that she was quickly being overtaken by envy. She had just about had enough of this drunk mutant, in control of her power or not. Propping her head in her hand on the bar, she let her eyes wander to the collection of shadows near them. One shadow crept, unnoticed, up Sophia's leg and torso. Once it reached her shoulders, it curved back and then SLAP!, a think whip-like shadow, struck her hard across her cheek. With a slightly satisfied smirk, Violet saw the bright pink mark the shadow left and let it vanish and return back to normal.
Back to top Go down

Legion Ronan Grimm

Alliance of Evil

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:37 pm

"OIE," a distant voice filled with darkness called from above. It echoed around the bar, and many drunks looked in awe and the ceiling. No one saw anything, and they were all thinking they were hearing things. Was normal, being as groggy as most of the men at the bar were. 

Pouncing down from the dark ceiling, Legion landed next to Violet, with enormous speed, nearly invisible to the eye. He had been watching the whole affair, and how could he not. Watching his sister get into a bar instantly grabbed his attention. He was discussing matters with drug dealers. They'd kick forty five percent to him, and keep the rest. In exchange, they'd have protection from any sort of vigilante and the New York City Police Department. However, the only condition was, no dealing to children. They'd stay away from kids in school yards. 

Legion wasn't exactly a humanitarian but seeing children die because of punks like those who worked for him now, was simply not right. If he ever caught anyone dealing to kids, they'd be dead. Plain, and simple.

Turning his attention back to the situation, Legion nudged Violet, pulling her back. Snapping his fingers, walls of darkness were created, each trying to push Sophia and Violet away from the male they seemed to be battling for. "You two aren't horny school girls anymore. I'm pretty sure you know where you are. Stop battling over males," he growled. 

Turning to Violet, his face showed nothing but emptiness. His sister should know better than to use her powers in public. Specially in a bar, filled with people. Although, like he had noticed before, most were drunk, it was still something off normal, "Sister, don't call attention," he sighed, before turning to Sophia.

Now his face showed nothing but rage. Once again, that kid had created another situation that left people either enraged or saddened. He was sick of it, "Look you whore, stop meddling with random males' lives. Wanna achieve constant orgasms, hire gigolos! That's why they exist, to fuck horny women. Stop seducing everyone you come across. And I don't care if you can't control your powers or not. Stay away from men. Also, if you leave my sister in this state again, I promise you," he said, two dark orbs of darkness appearing in his hands, "I'll rip your spine off your body with my bare hands, and proceed to feed it to you! And, I won't end THERE!" he shouted, the bar's structure trembling with the strength of his yell.
Back to top Go down

Sophia Jackson

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Sophia gasped when she was slapped by the shadow, then as Legion appeared, it was her que to leave.  This man had threatened her before.  She blinked out of her drunk state and wrote down something on a piece of paper and handed it to Chris.  Even if she was drunk, she still could walk straight, it wasn't a horrible drunk.

"Listen, I'm heading to a club.  Follow me or not, but this guy is dangerous.  I'm not staying here to be killed because his sister is jealous of me flirting with you.  This is my number.  Call me if you want to hang out.  Bye Chris.  Thanks for a fun night... until the Legion asshole showed up."  With that, Sophia headed to the door.  She hoped Chris would follow, but figured he wouldn't because of the two others there.  Another time perhaps.
Back to top Go down

Alchemy Lehnsherr

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:08 pm

As Violet had moved to slap Sophia, Alchemy had stepped around the bar, after the slap she'd reached out a protective hand on the other girl's shoulder, sitting on the bar next to the stool her patron was on. She couldnt hold back the snort of laughter at the pink mark, "good one love" she murmured to the brunette.

As a yell called attention she followed others eyes and her heart skipped a beat, she watched as Legion joined them and listened to his words. Sister? She was surprised that there were so many of them around, the grimms that is.

Her hand stayed on Violet's shoulder and she couldnt help but laugh at Legion's threat to the pink eyed mutant, it was true she was thrusting herself onto other males. As his voice shook the bar she was amazed at the power he commanded even bystanders cowered and left in there drunken stupors.

At the pink eyed girl's depature she turned her attention to the man who had moments ago been crawled on by the other woman. "Chris, your name was?" she said her voice was soft and understanding "if you are looking for love, the wrong place just walked out the door." one of her pale fingers twirled a strange of Violet's dark hair "this little shadow is the smarter choice" she grinned before sliding off the bar and poured them all drinks "lets relax a bit yeah?"
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:46 pm

Violet was the calm, understanding voice in the room and her reassuring words and insight on things that he didn't know anything about yet put him somewhat at ease with himself. Her soft touch to his cheek made a soft smile come to his cheek. She was like that one person in someone's life that was there to make them feel good about themselves even when they should feel like garbage. Chris was happy to have here there, otherwise he didn't know what could have happened in regards to Sophia.

Chris was on the edge of his own reality, having no clue how to react or what to say to what happened next. Sophia was obviously trashed and he didn't want to think that she put herself on others so easily in a normal state but when she asked if she could sit on his lap, the young man's eyes widened in shock. A simple stop in for a drink as he had time and time again in other places around the globe had turned into something so crazy that he wouldn't have believed it if not being there to see it. Before he could answer, Sophia had suddenly kissed him. Chris didn't move, stunned at what was going on, his eyes still wide when she pulled back from him. "Umm... listen, I - dammit..."

He was at a loss for words on her invite to go with her but the sudden slap to Sophia's face made it clear that Violet was pissed for what had happened. In fact, the action only confirmed the jealousy factor that he had picked up on before. Then, before anything else could happen, a thundering voice drew everyone in the bar to their toes, and Chris jumped inside wondering if God himself had come to kill them all for some unknown reason or the sins of the former sergeant's own past. Chris sat still as the man came over to them and spoke, though he did catch on that he was Violet's brother and he suddenly felt even worse. Yeah, I'm dead. Just dead, no chance in Hell for me, might as well say a Hail Marry and get ready for the long ride. In fact, he was certain he was screwed and that the mutant was about to pummel his face into the bar with Chris unable to defend himself due to his lack of control.

In a shocking turn of events, he focused his anger on Sophia and Chris let it happen, not willing to interject between the angry brother and the lustful mutant as it could mean trouble for him. Once it was said and done, it was no surprise when Sophia took her leave. Chris left the number sitting on the bar top unsure of what to do next and slowly turned to look at the man. "Thanks... I guess? Honestly, this happened so fast, I had no clue what to do."

When the blonde bartender spoke up, Chris looked over at her and nodded in response to her question of his name then listened to her words. He'd always known bartenders to know what they were talking about and would have to give it all serious thought. Sophia was very forward, but Violet was something totally different and, in truth, he could see himself happy with her but didn't want to risk ruining a friendship and mentorship that they'd agreed upon until he was certain of everything. That and he brother scared the hell out of him and the last thing he wanted was to hurt Violet in any way to risk that man's wrath. "I'm just looking for a drink, really - that's all I came in for, all this just... dear God, it wasn't what I expected." At her offer of relaxing and pouring a drink, he reached for his and nodded, taking a long drink. "Hell yes, let's do that."
Back to top Go down

Violet Divine

Alliance of Evil

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:13 pm

Violet jumped when Legion's voice ran through the bar. Shit.... Of course.... when he dropped next to her and warned her about her powers in public, like he used to when she was little, she tilted her head and narrowed her eyes slightly. She'd given him this look hundreds of times and it simply read as 'Yeah, yeah...' She was expecting his wrath to be more focused to herself, but was pleased when he turned on Sophia. As Sophia left, Violet wasn't going to lie, she was happy she was leaving, but she kept it expertly hidden.

When the barkeep kept her hand on her shoulder and then spoke to Chris about if he was looking for love, she was the better choice, her cheeks flushed a bright red. Violet did want to push herself onto him, even if she did have some feelings for him. When the barkeep offered for them to relax, she looked up at her and smiled. Hell yes, let's do that.... Violet nodded and tapped for herself to have another drink, as well. Looking at Chris, she managed a small smile, "I've got your tab." Violet gave him a wink before throwing her drink back in one shot.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)   

Back to top Go down

City that Never Sleeps (NC-17)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1