X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionOf Water and Words (Silus) (PG-13) EmptyOf Water and Words (Silus) (PG-13)

more_horiz
It had been a rough week for Briana. Classes were fine, but sleep was getting interrupted more and more often. However, thanks to her keeping a journal of her visions and dreams by Silus' recommendation, she was able to at least go back to sleep more often now. But, it didn't change that her mind was very busy as of late, and all Briana needed was something to take her mind off things for a little while. Fallon had told her about the pool and she figured why not.

Stepping from the girl's locker room, Briana was wrapped in a white towel and wearing her grey over-sized sweatshirt. Removing her sweatshirt and placing it in the chair behind her as she sat, her green swimsuit was exposed. Briana braided her hair and removed the hair-tie from her wrist to secure it. Standing, removing her towel, she draped it over the arm of the chair, and removed her flip-flops, tucking them under her chair. Giving a few deep stretches, causing both her shoulders to pop, she took a few deep breaths and stepped to the diving blocks.

Briana, rolled her head, her neck popping slightly, before smiling. It was a happy memory that found it's way to her. Taking her mark, she heard her coach from when she swam in Oregon. On your mark.... Set.... WHISTLE! And, just like she heard the whistle for real, Briana dove into the cool water with perfect form. Giving two dolphin kicks as she was trained to do, she surfaced and was off like a shot to the other end of the pool...

Last edited by Briana Walker on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionOf Water and Words (Silus) (PG-13) EmptyRe: Of Water and Words (Silus) (PG-13)

more_horiz
Silus dove into the pool and started with his usual strokes. Thankfully enough the pool was large enough that there was in fact enough space for a guy like him to slip in. Silus had a swim-team "suit" from when he was in normal people school, and he was actually the swim captain of his little team. Silus was an exceptional swimmer as a human, but put up against a mutant and he seemed to be a regular joe. He wasn't exactly a fan of the current swimsuit either. It reminded him of the time Fallon placed her head on his lap. It finally occurred to Silus that every human being he's met, save for Kronos, as done something to make him uncomfortable. Probably why he liked Kronos so much in the whole friends ladder. Granted...the swim suit maybe a little flattering. He groaned and rolled his eyes, he needed to go find a new damn swim-suit. He felt like every other speedo-wearing jackass alive. Granted, this wasn't exactly a speedo but...it...you know what... it was a damn speedo. It was a school-issued speedo.

He kept it up, displaying his peak swimming skills as the rest of people swam about. Silus came to a rest as he saw a flash of water. He noticed the head pop up above the water. No way, was that really? Nnnoooo it wasn't it couldn't be. Holy crap it is! Silus chuckled to himself, turning into laughter. Can he seriously not escape one of them. If he wasn't running into Brandon who was sadistically kissing him or screw-driving him then he ran into Briana. He wasn't complaining...about Briana anyways.... but it was just hysterical how he seemed to get no reprieve. He let out a wolf whistle to try and grab Briana's attention, he cleared his throat as he called out. "Nice form there, if I didn't know any better I'd say you've done this before!" He laughed as he folded his arms over his chest, slightly shivering from the air that was hitting the portion if him that was not submerged. He knew he could trust Briana...but what... could he talk to her about everything that had happened. Who knows...but he'd feel wrong simply ignoring her.

descriptionOf Water and Words (Silus) (PG-13) EmptyRe: Of Water and Words (Silus) (PG-13)

more_horiz
Briana reached the end of the pool and ducked under the water, performing a rolling turn before heading back to where she started. As she neared the end of the pool, she heard a sharp whistle, and when she turned her head to draw a breath, Briana thought she made out the form of Silus. Silus swims? Slowing her stroke, she came to a stop at the wall. Grabbing onto the rung on the base of the diving block, she laughed lightly at his comment of her looking like she'd done it before. "You could say that I have. Used to swim on my school's team and privately before I came here. I didn't know you swam," she said, letting go of the wall and making her way over to him.

When she stood up, the cool air brushed her upper torso, making goosebumps raise for a moment. Seeing Silus shirtless, he found he was, just as she had thougth before, a good looking fellow... Pushing the thought to the back of her mind, she smiled happily. "Haven't seen much of you lately, well much of anyone for that matter. How are things?" she asked curiously, moving her hands through the water. In truth, Briana had kind of thrown herself into her studies, and with her visions coming in waves lately, she'd found some sence of peace in simply being in the library or her room. And, as she thought about it, she had missed seeing and spending time with her friends. Silus, perhaps, most off all. She enjoyed their conversations about whatever struck them at the time, and she felt like she could talk to him about anything... Which was a good change for her... So seeing him here made her quite happy.

more_horiz
"That's pretty cool. Swimming is one of my favorite pass times, right behind constantly running into you and Brandon. I saw ya here and said "dude, two of my pass times in one stone." so how could I really refuse, eh?" He asked, laughing just a little bit. She asked what had been going on, and Silus wasn't exactly sure on what one was supposed to do concerning her not seeing many people. Silus arched a brow, oh he was going to inquire about that...but he needed to decide if he was going to trust her enough to freak out in front of her or not. For now he'd press the "matter" he had weighing on his mind on the back burner. "Things are...things. Hold up a sec now we'll get back to that. Why haven't you seen anyone lately? Brandon up and thought you found a boyfriend and got embarrassed of us." Silus said with a slight smirk. He was more or less being inquisitive...almost caring even. That wasn't particularly like him, was it?

"Well, long story short I ended up having an...interesting experience." He reluctantly confessed as he rubbed his eues with his thumb and fore finger.

more_horiz
Briana smiled hearing that she and he shared the same passion for swimming. Truthfully, she was surprised that he was a swimmer, but after learning that about him, he fit the bill. Lean, toned... Yup, he was a swimmer. "You're constantly running into us, huh?" she giggled, crossing her arms lightly. As she thought about it, normally it was all three of them when they all got together, which prompted her to glance around to see if Brandon might be anywhere in the immediate area. Not seeing him, she chuckled and looked back to Silus. "Guess if you have two of your favorite pass times in one area, best engage them both. I'm glad you did. Honestly, I wouldn't have even noticed you were here if you hadn't have....whistled to me," she said happily.

Silus started to tell her about how things were going, but then changed his train of thought and, instead, asked about why she hadn't been seeing lots of people. Briana's smile faded as she dropped her duel-colored eyes to the water at his question. Brandon up and thought you found a boyfriend and got embarrassed of us. His comment made her smile and give a little laugh before shrugging, but didn't raise her eyes to him. Silus' asking and caring about why she had been missing in action as of late touched her. It meant a lot and, actually, helped her to feel a little at ease about talking about the reason. "No....no boyfriend.... And even if I did," she glanced up, a small blush coloring her cheeks, "I couldn't be embarrassed of you both. You guys are my best friends...." Knowing he was going to want an answer to why she hadn't been around much, Briana took a deep breath and looked up to the ceiling letting it out. "I've just been really into my studies.... No, that's....that's only part of it...." she said quietly, slowly looking back at the water where she had been looking before. Briana didn't know what Silus was going to think of the real reason why she was staying away, but why not let him know. He hadn't ever treated her different due to her abilities. "My precog has been acting up, lately. Lots of visions and feelings that are just.... Don't worry about it," Briana began before managing a smile and looked at him. "Just found being on my own, to be easiest.... But, I've missed you...both..... A lot....." she finished lightly. What Silus would make of that she didn't know, but, at least, he knew. She was being truthful with him about that, she missed spending time with both of them, even if she was slightly confused by some things...

When he mentioned that he had an interesting experience, Briana tilted her head slightly and watched his reaction to his statement. "Must have been some experience. What happened?" she asked truly curious, a grin spreading across her face.

more_horiz
He was really and oddly disheartened when he heard that she wouldn't have noticed him. That kinda wounded him too. Especially how much his mind had been on her and that other (currently) irritating blonde kid that was always hanging with them. It was all thanks to her precognition apparently. That was really, really giving her trouble recently from what he could gather. He felt bad, looking to here with slanted brows and a slight frown, painting concern on his face. She then followed it up with saying that she missed him. He felt a slight smirk creeping onto his face and then she said "both". Silus' mind suddenly turned to Brandon and he felt a surge of jealousy as he thought about it. God what was wrong with him?

"I missed you too. I'll always worry about ya... and if you don't get a boyfriends soon-" He cut himself off as he appeared ot be distracted by something he made up on the fly. He felt like crap now, because these feelings were just messing with him now. He has just actually admitted that he would worry about someone, that someone was finally close enough to him for them to become such a crucial part to him that he would worry about them. He gulped for a moment as he took in a sharp breath as he looked around. He was desperately waiting for some reason to vacate the area, this was not a safe place for him right now, especially when he had no idea what the hell he was feeling. Silus looked to the scar on his shoulder, the bandages off and the wound healed for the most part leaving a faint scar. He pointed to it.

"Well...Brandon stabbed me with a screw-driver, I...recovered a memory....and I....uh....yeah... Brandon tried to kiss me." Silus said. His face would have turned bright red, and if she laughed at him he would. He gave her the shorter version of the stories just to make sure that he was safe and not actually saying anything TOO alarming that he couldn't play off with an "I'm joking" or something to throw off suspicion if she made a large scene of it. He cleared his throat and slunk into the water a little as he let out a drawn out sigh. "Yuuuup."

more_horiz
Briana watched as several different looks seemed to take their turn on Silus' face as he processed what she told him, but the one that she seemed to notice the most was the one that came after what she said about missing both him and Brandon. What was it, though? While she did, in fact miss them both, between the two of them, she missed Silus more. He was one that she could simply be with, as odd as that sounded. Both boys made her feel safe, happy, but that feeling was different when it came to Silus... It was alsmot something she wanted, something she had to seek out... That was where she started to get confused....

I'll always worry about ya...and if you don't get a boyfriend soon - Briana's eyes locked onto Silus as he spoke before she felt a warm blush color her cheeks, prompting her to look away with a shy grin on her face. What did he mean by that? His words made a funny feeling stir up in her stomach, almost like....butterflies? Glancing up at him, she waited for him to finish what he was going to say, but he was suddenly distracted by something. Briana took a moment to look around to see what it could be, but nothing seemed out of place to cause that. She was just about to ask him about it as she looked back to him, but then he spoke.

Her eyes grew wide at hearing what all has happened since she was last with him. "Seems I've missed a lot... What brought that on?" Briana asked seeing the scar on his shoulder. Moving to him slightly, she took a closer look, fighting the urge to reach out and gently touch the fresh scar. "Wait... You recovered a memory? Silus, that's wonderful! What do you remember?" she asked, her eyes bright with excitement to hear his news. Ducking down into the water, to re-wet her hair and body, Briana wiped the water from her face and smiled, "And, Brandon kissed you? Why?" She wanted to ask about the sentence left unsaid before, but there was time for that. Right now, she wanted to hear about these little adventures of her friend.

Motioning for him to follow her to deeper water to get away from all the others that would have prevented her from seeing him had he not gotten her attention, Briana ducked under the dividing rope. Not only would they not get as chilled there, but fewer people nearby allowed for easier listening and talking.

more_horiz
Silus head fell a little and she shook his head. He wasn't sad looking, but he looked like he was slightly disheartened a bit, but that was for a brief second before he seemed to shake it off as if he were perfectly okay. He followed her to the deeper end of the pool arching and diving over the rope like a dolphin and settling into a more secluded area of sorts. He cleared his throat and streatched out a little before resting up against the pool wall. H would need to trust her...she was his friend after all. He decided to tell her SOME of what happened. He sighed and then spoke.

"We were by the empire state building and a random telepath called out to us. I went up the elevator, Brandon literally JUMPED up and when we got there...there was this guy. He was strange and...Luka was strangling himself. The guy got distracted and somehow took control of Brandon and me. He made Brandon stab me in the shoulder. I Sapped Brandon to get his super-strength and lunged to the guy so I could sap him instead. When I did I took control of him and sent him into the elevator. Luka flew us back here... I got my memory back during this event. I uh...." Silus paused, looking down again, clearing his throat and biting his lower lip. What does he say, what does he do now? He was scared... what if he told Briana about his memory? What would happen to him? Would she like, call the cops? Would she report him to the professors? Would she stop being his friend? Now his heart ached...he didn't want to lose his new friend...especially not the only one who doesn't.... do weird things like forget where her room is.

"My uh....My powers caused my parents to commit suicide..." Silus explained...letting the cards fall where they may. He quickly changed back to the topic of Brandon kissing him. "I didn't say he did, I said he tried...by the way.... but yes...he did. I don't know why. He likes me, he doesn't like me? Then by the off chance he asks me out on a date. I mean...what!? Really? That's just...." He sighed, obviously distressed, but not exactly open about everything that's been going on. He began to massage the back of his neck, eyes glaring into the water. Those who din't know him better would of thought he was livid.

more_horiz
Briana giggled as Silus opted to dive over the divider instead of going under it. Crossing her arms on the same wall he stretched out on, she leaned against it and listened as he spoke of what happened at the Empire State Building. Her eyes grew wide at hearing that blondie simply jumped up to where they went to help Professor Luka, of all people, while Silus had to take the elevator. She knew that Brandon was strong, but that was just crazy! Hearing how Brandon had actually been controlled to wound Silus, her eyes ventured to the scar on his shoulder as he continued and concluded the story. It was unreal, really... "I'm glad you're alright, Silus... I mean, other than a new battle scar..." Briana offered with a tender smile, her eyes showing that she meant what she said more than what words could express in that moment. She didn't know what she would do if she....lost him.... What are you thinking, Bri...

As he transitioned into telling about his memory and how it came from this event, she kept her bright eyes on him. The way he was acting told that this memory, likely wasn't as exciting to him as it was to her. Seeing his whole demeanor change, Briana's brow furrowed as she waited for him to continue. It's a bad memory... She didn't want him to feel rushed, so, she waited and let him tell when he was ready. My uh....My powers caused my parents to commit suicide... Briana went slack jawed when he finally spoke. She was about to speak when he quickly moved to the topic of Brandon and the attempted, executed, whatever....the kiss. Hearing how flustered Silus was over this topic, Briana didn't laugh, she only smiled her understanding at his confusion. Taking a deep breath and letting it out, she said, "Very eventful, indeed... Hey, sometimes people do things and they don't even know why. Doesn't mean it's bad. Confusing as hell, sure... Maybe for both.... But not always bad...." She really didn't know about Brandon's motives but she knew that kisses generally meant that there was some kind of affection felt from one person to the other. That thought made the happy light fade just a bit from her eyes. What if Silus returned Brandon's affection... Sure she would be happy for them, but then again....

Looking at the water, her mind raced over the confusion she felt, even now, the feelings she felt...for him.... Did they matter? Briana, honestly, didn't know... "Wait.... He asked you on a date? Ummmm.... What did you say?" she asked carefully, looking back at him. Why do you want to know the answer when it could just hurt you, Bri? Really?! REALLY?!

more_horiz
"I said no... well. Not really. I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I said that I wouldn't say no but I wasn't saying yes. VERY confusing as hell. God that doesn't make sense. I've never had a crush...that I could remember. Then suddenly some guy kisses me and asks me on a date... Guys can't do that can they?" He asked her, totally shocked at the idea. He didn't ever think about something like that. There was one thing Silus knew for a fact. When he kissed Brandon he confirmed that he had a crush. Well the kiss confirmed the feeling....but he had the same feeling for two people. Basically right now he was talking to Peter (Briana) about Paul (Brandon) and trying to sort things out. That's how it goes when you have no one else though. Then again...he did contemplate talking to Professor Calor looking for clarity...she did say that they could go to her....and she was Biology Teacher extraordinaire so maybe should could explain this thing. Professor V also put up the same offer out there for all students as well.... Oh God...he'd need to see one of them eventually.

"I'm both flattered and disgusted...is that okay?" He asked as he had his forearms crossed against the pool side and his head buried into them. Now he was embarrassed because of the fact he was telling Bri basically about how he felt about her as well. It was really...REALLY complicated. He shifted around, shooting up. He realized that she sounded a little concerned. Wait, did she like him too? His stomach threatened him and his heart started racing with excitement, but he still didn't like it. Why couldn't he just be a normal kid and have friends like everyone else? Damn crushes be ruining his life. "I mean seriously... I'm almost sick constantly because of this crap. Who just stabs a guy, then kisses him and asks him out? I-I-I...is he really that dull? And while we're on the subject why the hell do we get these stupid crushes. People wonder why I liked being alone...I didn't have to worry about people liking me....or me liking people for that matter....people are stupid." He said at his rate he looked like a pouting child as he groaned and rolled his head. "I give up! Imma rock this hippo style." He said sunk himself into the water, until his eyes were barely above eyelevel and he squinted as if glaring at Briana, and he began to move towards her, trying to get her to back up some...probably just his attempt at making light of the situation.

more_horiz
Silus' answer to Brandon's question brought a little light back to her eyes. He didn't say yes, but then again, he didn't say no either. She could see why he was confused... Even more so if he'd never been in this situation before, or that he could remember, anyways. Taking a deep breath she shrugged her shoulders before speaking. "It....can....happen where a guy likes a guy and they date, Silus. It's not unheard of..." she answered simply. In a way, she wasn't surprised that Brandon was that way. It didn't bother her. Well, it didn't bother her that Brandon was into guys, but, in a way, it made her slightly jealous that he might be into Silus.... You're letting your feelings do the talking, Bri.... Carefull....

His next question only brought on another shrug from Briana and a small shake of her head. "I don't see why it's not. I mean, if you don't know...." she paused, not really sure what to say next. If you don't know what you want? If you don't know if you're into guys? What? When he turned in the water and started to rant about the events with Brandon, crushes and why people have them and how they are effecting him, and finishing with his thoughts on the matter.... Was Silus crushing on Brandon? That thought at hearing him rant about why he preferred to be alone stung her. But, it also made her think about something he said before. He mentioned that he would always worry about her and something about if she didn't get a boyfriend soon.... Watching him, as his fit came to an end, Briana wondered... Was his crush on Brandon or herself? Or both?

She was at a loss of what to say at this point. Silus was frustrated, that was clear enough, but she had no idea what to say to help him be less so. Likely, what she might say might only make matters worse. Briana watched as he sunk into the water with only his eyes and top of his head exposed. As he moved towards her, she backed away from the wall. When he kept coming, Briana smiled brightly and giggled before she dove under the water to try and get away, surfacing a few feet away, and looking back at him, grinning...

more_horiz
Silus popped up and yawned as he rubbed the back of his head. "Eh, I'm too lazy" Silus laughed a little as he lazily moved around. he started towards Bri, unsure exactly what he was supposed to do or say at this point. Awkward moment...Well that was certainly not something that he wanted to put up with at the moment. He cleared his throat and let his tongue hang out as he drifted towards Bri. "So...Tell me about these visions. Are you still keeping a journal, are you doing your reality checks." He inquired. He had slightly picked up on the thought that perhaps she was weirded out by him, and it made him want to vanish, though maybe he could get away from the subject.

more_horiz
When Silus stood up, not coming after her playfully any more, Briana's smile faded slightly. This is worse than I thought... Surely someone who loves to swim would play... His remark of being to lazy to persue her only made her sigh slightly. Treading water slightly, she waited for him to close the distance between them. Part of her wanted to simply ask him about what his previous comments had meant in regards to her, but he was already a mess trying to figure everything else out. Changing the subject to her and her visions, Briana half-grinned and shook her head. "Changing the subject are we?" she mused to him. Briana knew there was more to what was bothering him than his little tangent about crushes, and she wanted to talk to him about his memory and her thoughts on the matter. But, more than anything, she wanted to help Silus clear his mind of all these things that were bothering him. He needed to vent or run a mile or.... Wait! That was it!

"How about this, before we get into...that... How about a little healthy competition? You and me. 50 meters, so, there and back. Blocks or poolside, your choice," Briana offered, glancing to the end of the pool and back to Silus, her dual-colored eyes bright with the idea of a small race. It could help him to relax a bit. Blow off some steam which, to her, seemed like something he was in need of doing. She was more concerned about her best friend about his plight than her own. Visions were a part of her life, and, to her, Silus' troubles were a little more important than her issues with her influx of visions at the moment. "What do you say, Slick?" she asked with a mischevious smile.

more_horiz
"I will SWIM fifty...but I ain't running fifty unless you're gonna give me time to change. I am not running in this thing, I can barely stand swimming in it." He stated almost dismissive of the race idea, until he smirked slightly and looked to Bri with an open eye, as if he were seeing if she was serious. He was far more concerned about her than he was himself. Worst comes to worst he finds out he was a bad kid who lost his memory. Though to be entirely honest he was far more disturbed by the whole incident with Brandon. Yup... crushing on Briana was worse to him than the thought of having killed his own parents. Not because she wasn't awesome...but simply because he didn't know what to do with feelings in that regard...and what's worse throw in another person who causes the same feeling to emulate and you've got a royal disaster waiting to happen.

"Alright, but don't be crying when you lose." He said as he got ready for the little "race" she suggested, only opting to do it because...well...it was Briana. He waited for her to give the mark before racing with everything he had, while it was impressive by human standards, this wasn't a human school, and Briana wasn't a normal human. She could literally telekinesis the water to move against him, or pull herself forward. Which was fair....they don't tell a dolphin to not use it's tail right? He was still going to swim though, and whatever happened is what happened. He felt like he was going to lose though...probably because he didn't want to win...because her winning would probably make her happier. Damn emotions....making him feel stuff.

more_horiz
Briana laughed at Silus' reaction to her offer to race. "You really think I'd offer a race where you ran when we are both swimmers in a pool? Our element is the water, not running next to it..." she teased lightly. "I meant, to start we can dive off the blocks or off the poolside," Briana clarified. Seeing Silus' mind seem to race, Briana only hoped that this little expulsion of energy will help him to not be so....not Silus.... Then, perhaps, she could talk to him about his memory, and, if he insisted, her own troubles with her precog.

"You sure you're gonna beat me?" Briana mused, glancing over at him and readying herself as he was. "I promise to swim fair. No powers..." she said with a wink. The fluttering of butterflies she was feeling vanished as she set her mind to focusing on the race. She didn't know what was going to happen since she didn't know Silus' swimming ability, but she was going to give it her all. In a way, she wanted him to win. Give him something to be happy about... Maybe just that would happen... Seeing that they were both ready, Briana looked straight ahead, focusing on where she was heading. "Take your mark..... Set..... Go!!!" Briana called to Silus and kicked with her planted feet off the wall, diving under the surface of the water and was off like a shot... Come on Silus.... Let's see what ya got....

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum