X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteLonging for Sweetness (R)

more_horiz
St. Valentine's Day, almost a week away.

April was certain now she would be spending it alone. Keeping her spirits up and fighting off the depression that came with dreary winter was difficult, especially holed up by yourself in an apartment belonging to someone you didn't really care about.
Jonas was nice enough to provide her a place to crash, but she couldn't stand him bringing that Barbie-doll bitch to spend the night. She was showing up more and more often now, and April could see how Jon was becoming distracted from his work by female charms. Shame it wasn't her charms the man was falling to, but April was growing accustomed to the feeling of being snubbed.

She dressed for flare more than function, finishing off the outfit with a heart-shaped pendant.
Turned loose with a credit card, she was on a mission to find a Valentine present- for herself.

"Ooooo!! There it is!"
The statement was made as soon as she saw a Times Square attraction that was hard to miss; especially for a lonely girl seeking to console herself.

Longing for Sweetness (R) Hershey_times_square

descriptionCompleteRe: Longing for Sweetness (R)

more_horiz
Luke was out for the night, not wanting to be at the mansion.  It was easy for him to do, and he did it often.  He wanted to shop in Times Square and get different things, clothing, maybe some jewelry that he would steal for a pretty lady.  He was bundled up tightly in a new jacket and had his dress shirt and tie on keeping his "suiting up" tradition strong.  He knew he had to get other cloths.  He didn't make money being a Russian kid fresh in America, so most of the stuff he had was stolen.  He didn't let those at Xavier's know how he got what he did, but phasing into things and running away with a new item was always fun.  He was a bad boy out of place.

As he walked down the streets, he noticed a very beautiful young woman.  He grinned, pushed his hair back and approached with confidence.  He always figured he was a ladies man and his slight accent always hit with a subtle charm.

"Sorry to bother you miss, but I vas vondering vhat you are admiring.  And If I could buy it for you?"  He put on his best smile, having some money from phasing through the mall's register earlier in the week just for an occasion of meeting a pretty girl.  He tried to come off as a rich kid fresh in America when it was really the opposite, but not that he had to let April know.  He had a way of being assertive and direct with others.  This was no different, it was his way of charming.

more_horiz
At first, April was a little startled by the sudden approach of the tall, messy-haired boy.
Her breath hitched and she regretted not bringing some kind of weapon.. but his smile soon began to put her at ease.

"Ooh, reaaally?" As April thought it over, a flirtatious smile appeared.
This was a pretty strange proposal; but then, she'd been given worse.
She had nothing to lose. Maybe a weird guy who's definately not from around here would prove a pleasent distraction from the other loser boys on her mind.

"Sure! Why not. Deal opens on a cappucino."
Equally blunt as a meteorite straight from outer space, the sunny brunette pointed out a place called Caffebene across the street. That wasn't too much to ante up if her odd new aqauintence's game turned out to be no fun.

more_horiz
Luke grinned his little cocky grin, and held his arm out as to say after you.  As they walked, he kept his grin on, and opened the door for her.  Inside, it wasn't very crowded so they were right at the front of the line.

"Vone cappuccino please, for the beautiful lady, and a black coffee for me."  Luke said to the man at the register, handing him some money that he never really earned to start with.  He'd get it back later.  Looking back to his newly acquired date, Luke walked over to a table and held a seat out for her.  He then went back for the drinks and sat down from across her.

"I guess I should introduce myself, yes?  Lucas Hanson, but you may call me Luke.  Vhat is your name beautiful?"  Luke asked with his accent a little thick.  His eyes seemed to shine with the thrill of asking a stranger to buy things for them.  He was over-confidence at times and luckily, this time it had payed off.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum