X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteEnjoying the night time (R at worst)

more_horiz
Skye stayed hidden from humans during the day, so when night time came around, it was easier for her to enjoy the city.  Even though her hair shinned brightly like a flash light, her sweater had a hood that covered her hair.  If someone looked at her, they would see the glow under the hood, but that was it.  She was able to keep her eyes dimmed to a yellow hue now so she didn't stand out.  Plus, if someone tried to attack her in the park, she was still electrical to the touch.  

Skye decided that it was a nice enough night to be away from the Brotherhood mansion and took a jog through central park, enjoying her time away from the misfit mutants she housed with and called her somewhat family.  Her hood was up and covering her glowing hair, and at times, she let her eyes glow brightly so she could use them as a flash light in a way to see where she was running when there wasn't any street lights.  After a good ten minute run, Skye relaxed on one of the many rocks in the park and sighed.  She longed to touch others sometimes, hating that a simple touch could kill someone, even if she had tamed her power to be more of a static shock.  She still tried not to touch another.  She wanted friends, to not be hidden away at the Brotherhood mansion because she was scared of hurting others.  The bangles on her wrist made life tough.  She wanted to be bad like the rest in the mansion, to be herself but yes she was scared.

It was then that she heard someone approach from behind.  Her body froze, hearing the foot steps and she turned, throwing up a large electrical ball and looked at the male in front of her with glowing eyes as her hood flew off, lighting up the entire area due to her bright yellow hair.

"Who are you?!  You here to hurt me?"

descriptionCompleteRe: Enjoying the night time (R at worst)

more_horiz
"Easy, easy!" The male said, his dark black hair and eyes lighting up from the harsh light emitted. The man's glasses were those "photosmart" glasses that turned into shades automatically. He chuckled seeing the girl, there was a confidence to his walk, or perhaps it was the rather formal way he dressed, looking like a secret serviceman. He smiled as he walked around slightly as he had his hands in his pockets. He smiled as he stood there, wearing a rather charming smile, but being quite careful. "I'm not here to hurt you...but I may be able to help you."He offered, a rather interesting offer in store for the girl.

Aramis himself was still rather shaken by the events as they had unfolded thus far. To think that just over a month ago he was enjoying a nice life as the heir to the title Archduke, and now he was on the lamb from a homicidal Agent who was tailing him, and he was almost quite certain that his mutant-hating father was also out to kill him. Granted, the events that transpired with the lizard-telepath didn't really help. Not that it was too much of an issue mind you, but it was still a large shock for the poor sixteen year old male. He was carrying his messenger bag around with him, tonight he was still dressed in his same old clothes and he began to wonder how much longer he could keep a life like this up. It was bad news for the poor boy honestly. He was homeless, six week on the streets now, he was cut off from home and he had no means of survival other than his wits. Granted, being a Payne was all about wit and cunning. He had nothing to eat today, hunger pains would have rattled him, had it not been for his blessed CIP syndrome, though it was secretly a gift of his pain manipulation. He found himself stopping by the stairs that descended into the subway station.

You want to pray like a holy man? You can suffer like a holy man. The words echoed in his mind as he looked down at his hands. The two scars over his hands brought back...terrible, terrible memories. He could faintly remember the pain. The cure coursing through his veins, keeping him from neglecting the pain. He healed over rather nicely, though he would remember it forever. He clenched his hands and brought them up to rest his forehead in them, eyes closed as he reflected upon his life. This was something he found himself doing recently, though he hoped it was sheer coincidence and not because he's going to die soon.

Some scars fade away. Some scars are here to stay. Though one may try with prayer, bandage or cane.... Everlasting is the pain. Was all he could wonder as he sat there, not two blocks from the park.

more_horiz
Skye paused when the young mutant spoke to her, offering her something. Help?  How would he be able to help?  She thought to herself that maybe h could remove the painful bangles around her wrists, but of course that was dangerous not only to the one removing it it, but to herself for it would be extremely painful.  She had tried before, the bangles were attached down to the bone by needles that were attached to the electricity in her blood.

"What do you mean might be able to help me?  You can remove these?"  She asked, pulling the electrical ball back into the bangles and lifting her right wrist up to show him the device that the humans had put on her years ago.   Skye's eyes glew brightly, lighting the area up move as she approached closer to Aramis, eyeing him slightly.

"Who are you?  How do you know I need help with these?  How do I know I can trust you?"  She asked, bringing her left hand behind her back, sparking another ball f electricity up just in case, left it floating behind her and brought her left than back to her side as the electrical ball floated behind her back. It was the first time Skye was able to hold something like this in the air and she smiled slightly at her own control but till kept her eyes at the mutant in front of her.  For all she knew he was M.R.D and was going to take her back to the place she had escaped from.

more_horiz
"I can help you take those off, because I know who made them. Name's Syn, S-Y-N, short for Synergy. I can communicate with electronics and contraptions like them, they sing like song birds and unlock all their secrets when I ask. I already know how to get them off because those little beauties were singing like Sirens." The man, Synergy, said as he crossed his eyes, bringing down his sun-glasses and eyeing the bracelets right away. He whistled as she conjured another energy ball, all he could do was let out a little whistle, like he were impressed. "Damn girl, ain't you just a live wire. Listen up precious, I know you need help with those because I needed help with this little baby." He said as he held out a Mutant-detainment collar. He smirked, the design to her own bracelets were similar, but the interior had sharp teeth and were obviously meant to stay in. It was a suppression collar, a rather tragic device for a mutant. After letting her look over the collar he crossed his arms again, pushing up his sunglasses back against his face.

"Look, I really wanna help ya precious...but I can't just run off and do this for just anyone... I need you to help me first. Scratch my back, I scratch yours right?" The man posed the question as if it were a clear and easy choice, and in all honesty it was. The chance to have her bracelets removed was on the line, and though she was unaware of this the man did in fact have the capability...but if he had the motivation or not was an entirely different story. The man could only wonder, would she hear him out? Did the chance to be like the others warrant her to listen to his offer, so she could be like the rest of her mutant brothers and sisters?

more_horiz
Skye blinked at his words, he could remove the bangles?  They were attacked to her bone marrow by needles like the collar he held out.  She let the all soak back inside her body as she looked at the man, unsure.  She had a bad feeling about him, something was off like he was the one who had put hem on her to start with.

"How do I know I can trust you?"  She asked, still fearful and unsure.  She wasn't sure if he was trying to trick her, to recapture her for the place that had imprisoned her in the first place.  Sh stood still, her eyes unsure, her face tight in a confused frazzled face.

"How do I know you aren't with them?"

more_horiz
"News flash sweetheart. Technopathy is the result of my mutation. Why the Hell would I be helping those assholes? Especially when I just got that damn thing off myself. Besides, I don't think they hire mutants, something about being counter productive and hypocritical." Syn said as he pulled down on his collar and revealed the spike mars around his throat, proving he really did have the collar on not all that long ago. Though he could see that he was not "getting through" to the girl and so he simply sighed and reached down to pick up the collar. "Look, I get it, ya don't trust me. Fine, whatever. Sorry to bother ya. I just figured that I needed help finding my little brother, and you didn't want to hurt your friends and family and whatnot." He said. The woman wasn't taking the bite at the apple given to her. The man looked at the collar for a moment and then stuffed it back into his coat pocket before he removed his sunglasses. His eyes had a strange pattern to them, almost like his eyes were that of a motherboard his sunglasses then began to shift and change color, small mechanical shards popped up as the sunglasses changed completely in style. The motherboard pattern faded as he looked up to Skye and smiled the sunglasses now entirely rearranged.

"Well, With that." He said as he put the sunglasses on, the lenses illuminating and in neon lights the word "buh" was spelled out on the left lens and the right lens had the word "bye" on it. The man walked up a couple steps next to Skye and placed his hands in his pocket. "I'm off to find my little bro. Take care, precious." He said, now making his way. If the woman were going to stop him, now was the time, if not she could simply go about her business as usual. Though it was quite odd that while her paranoia may be getting the best of her, she had the opportunity to seek council on her bracers...simply by helping a man find his lost little brother...and she passed it up. Syn found this troublesome and annoying...but he would simply go on his way to find Aramis on his own. That is of course unless she changed her mind...but at this point Syn didn't know how the woman would react.

more_horiz
"Wait!" Skye yelled out when he left her.  The marks on his neck changed he mind instantly.  She knew he was be to be trusted he had the same device on.  She rushed over to the man and sighed.

"Sorry, but you could understand my fear right?"

(sorry short can'tthink today :/ )

more_horiz
"Oh believe me precious, I know. That's why I just kinda let it go at that point. I'd have pressed it but people who've been through what we have don't deserve to be pushed any more than we have, aye?" Syn chuckled a little as he took off his shades and let out a sigh. At this moment he needed to find Aramis, that was the whole name of the game right now, to find his "little Brother" and to make sure everything was okay. He looked back to Skye and smiled as kindly as he could. "Little guy's name is "Aramis" he's actually about your age, you're close to 16 right? He's got an English accent, mom and I kinda lost ours but he and dad are stubborn and kept theirs. He's got great complexion, brown hair and his eyes are hazel. If ya find him press the star and then the 6 and this phone will call me and I'll come get him, okay?" He asked, having given the description he shot off into the next part of the "explanation". "All I know is that we promised we'd meet near the park, but not actually in it. I also happen to know he's the only member of my family that got away from the MRD...so I KNOW he's close. If you can help me find him tonight I'll take them off, if we find him or not." He said promising. He was genuine behind his word, for various reasons. He nodded at her and using his cellphone he used his technopathic communication to alter the phone and force it to project a 3D map in the air.

"I'll take these five blocks here, and you take those four? Sound good?" He asked. Apparently she was taking blocks 1-4, and Syn was taking blocks 5-9. He wanted to make this easy on her, and in truth he probably could get most of them himself, but he didn't have time. He had his own bargain to keep. "We'll have this done in no time, see ya later." He said, the plan being to meet back in the park. If all went to plan, Skye would end up in Block 2 rather soon, the same block Aramis himself was in.

Aramis was still sitting there, he looked fine but he was feeling a little ragged to be honest. It wouldn't be long before he'd reach Xaviers, and there he'd be able to get the answers he needed...the answers he wanted. He couldn't wait. He'd make the MRD pay...he'd make Agent Williams pay...and he'd make anyone who tried to stop him pay. He sat there on the bench, and closed his eyes, leaning back and trying to sleep, it wouldn't be long until someone found him.

more_horiz
Skye nodded to his words and sighed, "Okay, I'll help you find him, but don't touch my skin, I could electrocute you, my skin is charged.  The bangles and clothing are the safe area's to touch okay?"  She wanted to make sure he knew this before hey went to search for his brother.  Skye didn't want to hurt one of her own kind. "And yes I am 16.  I guess I look my age huh?" She smiled slightly and put hr hood back on to cover the brightness.

She took the phone he had and it instantly fried, and she looked down and blushed.  "Yea, um I can't handle electronics, how about if I find him I'll send an electrical lighting bolt into the air three times so you can find us.  Hows that?"  She asked and frowned at the destroyed phone.  She sighed and turned to take the blocks he assigned to her.

"I'll go now I guess.  If you fin him, um... I guess I'm not sure how you'd contact me.."

more_horiz
Syn understood and he went on his way. Hopefully Skye would find herself in Aramis' region soon. Aramis himself stood up and began to stretch, unsure of anything going on anymore. He hated to sleep in public like this, but honestly it beats almost getting raped in an alley way like what happened two weeks ago. Not that Jonathan guy, a different time entirely. Lucky little Aramis had the gifts and talents he had, or else there would have been another victim of some sick deranged person's strange desires. With a sigh, Aramis looked around, trying to discern his location, actually having forgotten where he had fallen asleep at. He pulled out the small folded piece of paper and unfolded it, showing him the way to the Xavier Institute. Soon enough he'd be there and he'd be able to enroll himself or at least get the answers he wanted and oh so desperately needed. Maybe some healthy mutant to mutant interaction would also lighten his mood, because right now he was a homeless kid carrying around a messenger bag.

"Okay...gonna head towards the park, just past this block here, and then circle around to the direct opposite side and then follow that road about ten miles." He said to himself as he began to walk, it was relatively empty out tonight. The lights nearby began to flicker as he walked, he looked to them his tanned face looking perplexed at all the lights that flickered. Something was definitely up with those...and he didn't intend to find out what. he continued right on his way, towards the park, with his luck he'd run into someone between here and there.

more_horiz
Skye nodded at him, figuring Syn would find a way to contact Skye if he found his brother.  She took off toward the blocks he assigned her too and began to walk.  She sighed, tucking her blonde hair back under her hood and suddenly spotted someone that looked like the male Syn had described after fifteen minutes of walking.

Skye almost banged into him when she looked at Aramis's face and smiled.  "Your brother is looking for you."  She said hoping she had found the right guy.  "Syn is his name.  ring a bell?"  Skye asked and smiled.  "I'm Skye."

more_horiz
"O-oh, Pardon me." He stammered slightly, English accent heavy in his voice. He found himself almost having run into an attractive looking girl. She smiled at him which made him smile in return as he took a step off to the side. He was expecting that to be the last of it. Of course when was it ever that simple? Of course not, at a simple glance over he could already tell she was a mutant. Not that Aramis wasn't oh so excited to meet another of his kind, but he was more irritated than anything. He had been homeless several weeks now and all he wanted was to find the Xavier Institute.

"Your brother is looking for you." was al he heard. His eyes widened, his heart stopped and for a moment, time slowed for him. He could hear his own respirations. He wanted to put her in unimaginable pain, right there, and right now, not that anything at all gave off that vibe. Perhaps it was the humanity left within him that stopped him from doing so, or perhaps it was because she too was a mutant, or because she had cool eyes and a pretty face. That aside, he wasn't entirely sure why he didn't. He just stopped and looked back at her with a furrowed brow and a puzzled look.

"Peter -erm oh... no, I don't have a brother by that name." Aramis said, his excitement got the better of him when he asked about peter, though when she said Sin he awkwardly rubbed the back of his head and smiled slightly. He'd never known Peter to go by the name Sin. Sure he could be a devil some times, but that was every brother. Sin was a little excessive. He also began to wonder what kind of name that was "Sin", who seriously names their kid that?

"Hi, I'm Aramis" He said, mentally cursing himself for forgetting to use his pseudonym. "Pleasure to meet you." He said as he took a hand from his pocket and extended it.

more_horiz
Skye smiled when the boy greeted her and she grinned, sending up three bolts of electricity as promised.

"Sorry, it was an itch.  I can't control it sometimes..."  She lied and looked him up and down when he said he didn't have a brother.  Was the other man lying?  "It was the name he gave me.  Said he had been looking for you for a while ad heard you were in the park. I told him I'd help look.... You look like the picture.  Actually you look a lot cuter...  But it is a pleasure to meet you Aramis"  Skye said but did not shake his hand.  "Sorry if I shook your hand you'd be electrocuted.  I'm untouchable... my mutation is a curse.  He said you were a mutant too.  What's yours?"  She asked, keeping the conversation going until the other man found them.

more_horiz
"Strangest itch I've ever seen, but it was still cool to watch." Aramis said as he noted the three bolts of electricity and her excuse. Sadly, Aramis had no reason to disbelieve it, though he was in total shock as he witnessed the electricity. He also heard her ask what his mutation was, something he did not feel like revealing to just anyone. He revealed it once to someone and that was only because the novelty of meeting another mutant was overwhelming. That and the guy was messing with his hormones pretty bad. "M-mutation?" He asked, his eyes stern and his head shaking slowly. It wasn't as if he were trying to convince her, it was more of a "Are you really having this conversation out loud in the middle of the street?" kind of look.

The prospect of being electrocuted was not something he liked, and for that he was grateful she did not decide to shake his hand, though he managed to become more cautious of the woman Skye. Of course nothing could be left alone well enough, as Syn was on his way, noting the sparks. He would be there in a few moments of time. Aramis simply motioned for Skye to follow him as he moved away from the street lights. "I...don't know what my mutation is. All I know is that I was really bloody hard to kill." He said as he felt himself safe in a darker environment, even with the light the electrical girl may have been casting around in the shadows.

more_horiz
Skye nodded to him and smiled softly, feeling like she was helping reunite siblings. At least it was what she was told.  Sure, some siblings had code names when they got their powers.  Some mutants at the Brotherhood Mansion begun calling her live wire.  She started to like it and referred herself as that name sometimes.   

"Yea, like what can you do?  I can control electricity and well, I am basically made of electricity.  Some other mutants call me Live wire.  That's why I think Syn may be just a name your brother is using.  He seems like a really good guy.  But, if you don't recognize him when he comes by, don't worry.  I have tricks up my sleeve.  I may not be extremely strong cause of these fucking bangles on my wrists, but I can pack some pain."  Skye wined at him and followed.  Even in the shadows, her hair and eyes lit the area up.

more_horiz
Could he really trust this woman? no, no he couldn't. Not that she did anything wrong, Aramis simply had trust issues. The M.R.D wasn't exactly his closest friends either. She seemed nice enough, and after a little time with her he might have been able to warm up to her. But his "mutation" was not one he could openly say, simply because in the future he could be blackmailed. He shrugged at her and smiled slightly. "I'm just really lucky. Makes me hard to kill sometimes, Seriously." He said. He wasn't lying, as he despised lying. He was lucky, lucky to have his mutation, a mutation he didn't quite understand yet. All he knew was it stopped a bullet from piercing his skin more than an inch. He noted the bangles but didn't think much about it before he found himself surprised to see someone running their direction. Hesitation took ahold of him.

"Yo! There you are!" The excited voice called out. It was Syn, but Aramis didn't know who he was. It seemed to him that it was the man knew this woman, and so they must have been together. Was it this Syn person? He found himself uneasy. "Well alright then, sweet! Hey man, I'm so happy to see you!" He said with a huge grin as he looked to Aramis and then to Skye. He paused for a moment and looked around a minute before he sighed. He looked to Skye and smiled before he lunged to hug Aramis. Aramis turned a bright red color and clammed up, affection not being the thing he specialized in. Suddenly the man let go and he laughed. He swiftly moved around, grabbing Aramis by the arm, twisting his wrist as he moved quickly, putting Aramis between him and Skye. With a swift motion he moved the collar and pressed it to Aramis' neck, immediately the collar latched on.

"Don't even try it!" He barked at Skye. "Anything happens to me the collar activates and the three of us are blown to bits." The man said as he kept wrenching Aramis' arm. Aramis' eyebrows furrowed as he looked back at the man, as if quizzing him "Excuse me sir, but what the hell are you doing?" Normally this kind of tactic inspired pain, but upon Aramis there was no such effect.

more_horiz
Skye smiled when Aramis spoke about luck just as Syn showed up.  She smiled at him, but then saw that the boy didn't recognize him. She paused, and her eyes widened.  The hug seemed very weird, and the rest didn't seem right.  Warning bells began to alert in her head and she froze.  "You don't know him?"  She asked, and watched.  She began to build an electrical ball behind her back just in case.

"What the hell?"  She said as the collar was put on with speed, and it caught er completely off guard.  Skye froze, the electrical ball she was building vanished.  "What the fuck are you doing?  I thought this was your brother?  Let him go!"  She said and moved slightly closer, her face in full panic.  She didn't mean to do any of this and looked right at Aramis with a look of I didn't know.  She reached out slowly to touch Syn, slow as if to be a calming person yet she knew if she touched him, she would electrocute the man and possibly free Aramis.

"Look, let's talk this out, take that collar off of him, put it on me.  Let him go. Seriously, I'm more powerful than most mutants.  If you need a powerful mutant I'm your girl."  Skye said and kept moving her arm closer.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum