X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteI like coffee but I don't like the customers [MA-15]

more_horiz
Ryan blinked a couple of times, nodding and pretending that he was interested in what the person across the counter was saying, even if he was not. They were the annoying kind of girl, with a high pitched voice that usually was associated with an “Oh my gawd” and she liked to chew gum as if it were no one’s business. She wasn’t even talking to him, but on one of those fancy blue ray devices, Ryan rolling his eyes as someone behind her would complain about her holding up the line and she would make a noise in her throat and roll her eyes. “Rude.” She would mutter before returning to her bird like chatter. It took a good few minutes before she would then turn her attention to matters of a coffee variety, Ryan moving from his slump and preparing to take her order, and internally wanting to toss her ass out of here.

Of course she would pick the preppiest drink imaginable, some frapp with a lot of whipped cream and even freaking sprinkles. It seemed more like a milkshake than a coffee drink, but hell it was freaking coffee. Ryan quickly whipped up the drink and handed it to the female, her eyes glancing over him quickly, eyeing him up before she joined her posse of bitches. Just thirty more minutes and he could get the hell out of here, maybe buy a little pizza for him and his brother for the night, or maybe take out. Only a few more customers would go through the line, the rest of them seeming like alright people and some of them even putting a little money in the jar thing that Ryan had put up. A few winkled bills did not seem like much, but they helped in the long run, especially with what he planned to use the money for.

When his time came, Ryan would adjust the cute little cap that he wore during work and untucked his  red polo shirt that he had to wear for work, and removed the little apron thing, making his way out of the store and sighing relieved. Another day, another dollar as he occasionally said. Withdrawing a pack of cigarettes and removing one, he would light it up with a beaten lighter, the end glowing a hot red a she took a drag of it. It was the rush of the nicotine that pleased him, Ryan sighing contently as he held the cancer stick between index and middle finger. ”Aww, it looks like its gonna rain.” Ryan groaned  as the clouds began to form in the sky, blinking a few times as he took another drag. ”I guess I better hurry up.” Ryan noted, the whole commute back home taking around thirty minutes usually as he picked up his walking pace, though that ended with him bumping into someone else.

”Ah…I’m sorry.” He said the cigarette falling from his hand and finding itself somehow under his foot. ”Crap.” He muttered pouting slightly.

descriptionCompleteRe: I like coffee but I don't like the customers [MA-15]

more_horiz
Fallon pushed past people, her heart racing as her hands were shoved into her pockets. People hissed, different reactions to the way she pushed people. Some felt cold at her touch, some felt burning hot but only because Fallon hadn't had the chance to breathe properly now that she was in a slightly crowed place. People at the Institute believed it would be a good idea for her to go outside on her own to see how her powers were fairing and if they were in control. Idiots...At least could've used some sort of institute crowd. She thought to herself and her red and blue eyes found the sign to a coffee place.

That sparked her interest and rushed towards it, hoping for something to calm her nerves until she felt someone bump into her. Falling to the floor, along with his cigarette, she groaned in slight pain and her hand had gripped onto a street light, causing ice to travel all up it. Breathing deeply, Fallon closed her eyes and heated it back up before someone noticed. Now she was slightly calm, her eyes opened up again locking onto the person she bumped into. ''I'm sorry...Wasn't watching where i was going, i guess.'' She muttered, standing up whilst pulling out her packet of cigarettes. ''Take one of my mine. The prices keep going up so here.'' She said, letting out a nervous smile whilst feeling little drizzles of rain land on her. Some froze, some steamed up and instantly disappeared. Usually having a better control of her powers, Fallon seemed to be having some sort of trouble now that she was actually 'out in the wild'.

more_horiz
Ryan would have helped the girl up, but it seemed that she could help herself as far as standing was concerned. He would offer the typical friendly grin, white teeth flashing from beneath his lips as he found himself realizing that the girl was… pretty. The fact that she was offering him a cigarette for the one lost was a plus, male grumbling as he felt the rain slowly begin to fall on him. Accepting the smoke, he covered it with his hand and lit it with the small flame of the lighter, taking a drag and nodding a couple of times. ”Thanks!” He said in his usual happy tone, removing the cigarette from his lips and blowing a cloud of smoke outwards, one that faded into the air. He had been working on smoke rings in general, though he had the talent to blow one from his nose.

If he were not so ditzy, it was likely that Ryan would have noticed how strange the rain was acting around the female and would have put 2+2 together. ”Great its raining now.” He would grumble mostly to himself taking another drag of the cigarette. ”So um…you okay?” He would ask making sure that the person he had knocked over was not harmed, as he did not have to worry about himself.

more_horiz
Fallon's hazel eyes faded into a pale gold when she took in the smoke rings, making her think about fading away like them if she could but alas, she was stuck on this anti mutant world. ''No need to thank..It's the least i can do thanks to me running into you.'' She said, nervously as she ran a hand through her hair which was actually dry despite the rain. Glancing towards the sky that started rumbling, Fallon couldn't help but laugh softly at his comment about the rain. Almost wanting to walk away before she's caught for being a mutant, she tensed at the question. ''Um...yeah..I'm okay. Are you?'' She asked, a polite reflex. After a moment, Fallon glanced over at the person in front of her. ''If you do not like the rain, I can always drive you to your destination? We'd just have to walk a tiny bit to my car.'' She timidly asked, her insecurity and shyness showing despite her current occupation.

more_horiz
The fact that she was okay was good enough for Ryan, as his wide smile did not falter. ”Me? I’m fine, nothing damaged or anything.” Rayne explained patting over his leather jacket that was worn over his work clothes, a jacket that kept him warm. The female said something about him not liking the rain and her driving him home, something that sounded like a godsend almost. ”You could? That would like be really awesome.” he said excitedly with an even wider smirk, running his fingers through his hair that was becoming wet from the rain that was falling upon him. ’I mean I don’t wanna intrude or anything.” Ryan noted taking another puff of the cigarette and releasing a stream of smoke through his nostrils in a steady stream that would also fade into the air.

more_horiz
Fallon stared at his wide smile in almost awe as it brightened up his features and made him look like an even happier person. ''I'm glad you're okay. Don't know what i'd do if i hurt someone.'' She admitted, running a hand through her hair whilst biting her red lips. Slightly shocked by her own offer, she couldn't help but let a small smile tug at her lips. ''It's really okay. I don't mind...It'd be nice having some company i suppose.'' Fallon admitted whilst the thunder rumbled louder and a bright flash ran along the sky causing even her to jump a little. ''C'mon, person i ran into. My ride is around the corner.'' Fallon said, walking ahead whilst putting on some gloves that let her drive her car without freezing the wheel.

The moment they rounded the corner, Fallon's ride was right there. A beautiful Chevrolet Impala that seemed to glow in the lightening. ''Here's my baby..'' Fallon said, looking over her shoulder at Ryan and unlocked the car, getting into the drivers seat. Stroking the dashboard, the sweet music of AC/DC came on calming Fallon instantly.

more_horiz
Ryan was the kind of person to almost always be smiling, even when most people did not have a reason to smile he would find something. One could call it superhuman optimism, and that would have not been too far off from the truth. ’Don’t have to worry about hurting me or anything, I’m kinda hard to hurt.” He assured nodding once and taking another drag of the cigarette. The sound of thunder rang out across the sky after lightning flash across the sky, Ryan nearly jumping out of his skin as he made a low whining noise. While it was not really audible over the sound of the thunder, he was still hoping that no one had heard that, as it usually ended with people looking strangely at him.

Ignoring his own strange habits, he would follow Fallon along until they walked around the corner and seemingly reached this car that Fallon was talking about. Ryan blinked a few times marveling at the car, something about it impressive to the young male that licked his lips more out of habit and finished off the cigarette, tossing it to the ground, and stomping it out. ”Wow that’s a pretty nice car. I mean I’ve seen some nice cars in my life, and that ranks up there.” Ryan complimented, starting to babble a little after the first sentence, shaking his head and sending a few water droplets out.

Following Fallon’s lead, he would step into the passenger’s seat and sighed. It was nice that someone was willing to offer him a ride, even if the person was a total stranger. It was something like that that got people kidnapped and touched in bad ways, but then again not like anyone could do anything against his will, he was too strong to be taken advantage of…atleast in that way.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum