X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteRequiem for perfection [NC-17]

more_horiz
The letter was written on a creamy sheet of paper in an ornate script, letter curling in design and in a way that stunk of the theatrical. Travis observed the letter, over and over again, running opulent blue eyes over it as he attempted to absorb the information held within it and to memorize it. Someone knew who he was and what he was, which was not a problem within itself but the fact that they knew how he was created was different. The letter had suddenly appeared upon his desk, with no indication of the person that had left it here upon the security cameras. All of it was interesting the male, even though part of it was worrying him. Leaning forward within his desk, he would examine the letter one more time before folding it and depositing it within his pocket, having memorized the address.

With that done, he would stand to his feet and adjust his plaid flannel shirt with a wife beater under that, and the dark blue shorts that he was wearing at the moment. The male had no intentions of dressing up for this meeting, even if he found this mysterious stranger to be slightly more interesting than the average filth. A low light filtered through the room, that of a small lamp that was extinguished with a casual hand motion of the male that ended with the string being pulled by an invisible force. His father was standing in the kitchen, a man in his late thirties to early forties, with hair that was a light blond and eyes like fine sapphires. Considering that he was the one that had given Travis his genetics, the male had aged gracefully, his face empty of wrinkles and for the most part handsome.

He was smartly dressed in a black suit, fixing the tie that was hanging around his neck, black in color but not lost within the color of the suit itself. His attention would turn from the suit o Travis, expression changing marginally and the younger males face becoming a little different, much like one would expect of a person his physical age. ”Do you have something on your mind son?” He would ask in that smooth voice that he always spoke in, something about it alluring to anyone that had the misfortune to hear it. Travis would blink a couple of times as he fell from his thoughts and turned towards his father, looking at him as if he were trying to think up an answer.

”Nothing, I was just about to go out.” He said quickly modulating his voice to sound as if he were not nervous at all, but something about his father allowed him to see through whatever the blond said. If he were a mutant, telepathy was not something that he would put beyond the old bastard. Not that he would really question anything, patting the male on his shoulder and smiling widely, drawing a little color on the male’s cheek as he seemed to be at a loss for words. He would nod and walk pas this father, frowning and feeling a strange sensation within his chest as if his heart were being squeezed.

Leaving through the glass paned front door, Travis stepped into his car, one of those luxury cars that he did not quite take the time to remember the name of, mostly due to his father being the one that cared about cars. Twisting the key and starting the car up, he would begin to drive it off, mind still reeling over everything that was happening. His cellphone would begin to ring, vibrating softly in his pocket and releasing the ringtone that he had chosen for it. With a though the phone would rise to his ear, answer key pressed and the voice that flowed through was female but unknown. ”So it seems you got my invitation Mister Masters.” The female voice would speak with a certain haughtiness to it that only continue to draw his interest.

”It’s not everyday someone manages to sneak into my home and leave messages in my personal study.” he answered with both hands still on the wheel, voice as agreeable as he could make it, something about the one that he was speaking to famialir. ”How did you do that?” He would ask curiously turning on a curve and slowly making his way towards the meeting location, one that he was more than prepared for trouble to be waiting in.

”Well Mister Masters, I might be able to answer that question of yours once we meet face to face.” The female answered. ”Until we meet.” With that the call ended and his phone would levitate back into his pocket. The location of the meeting was what one would call a simple enough a dilapidated apartment complex, the exterior likely looking three times as good as the interior. Stepping out his vehicle, Travis considered the place for a moment. His mind was running over every possible scenario before he would really do anything like walking into an unknown building. Blinking a couple of times, he would walk into the building, molded wooden doors open with a motion of his hand, one of them creaking upon their hinges before falling off.

Beyond was a dark lobby, cream colored wall darkened by the mold that was growing upon the walls. Travis covered his mouth with his hand and looked about, as if expecting something yet finding nothing beyond the cracking wooden front desk with a few frayed pamphlets having been left there. ”Where are you now?” Travis would mutter to himself  as a stale wind would blow through the building.

descriptionCompleteRe: Requiem for perfection [NC-17]

more_horiz
Two hundred and forty scientists working directly under him. Ten of them field-scientists that accompanied other Agents and reported directly back to him. His glossy rosewood desk sat towards the back of the room, an aquarium to his back, filled with dozens of exotic fish, practically it's own little eco-system. The remainder of the three walls were all a form of clear space-age plastic that was capable of allowing unhindered scope of vision while also providing the safety of fort Knox. Of course it was an exaggeration, or was it? Agent William's eyes trailed up as he looked to the clear wall, looking through it capable of overseeing absolutely everything. He found himself wondering about the previous statements, and wondered if he would be as so lucky for one of their little freakish friends to break out and try to pay him a visit. It would bring him a welcomed reprieve from the paperwork scattered upon his desk, that much was certain.

The light slid across his glasses, a glint sparkling off them as he began to wonder about the probability of his scientists surviving an attack by the mutants. A smirk played on his face as he came to the morbid conclusion that the only ones that would be standing were those who cowered behind him. One may confuse this for the mundane mindset that he was boastful, or arrogant. The unfortunate truth of the matter was that he was none of these things, he was quite simply the best, of the best. He didn't need to boast, or supplement his ego with arrogance. He knew he was the best, and so did everyone else who met him. Anyone who questioned him could consult each and every name tattooed on his arm. Unfortunately, he also was quite perceptive. More than half of his scientists were not as bright as him, and they were barely suited to hold beakers and test-tubes, let alone fire off a round from a nine millimeter.

He was in the middle of these thoughts when he found himself interrupted by a knock on the door. This was something quite different indeed. One of his field agents had returned earlier than expected, and this was not a good sign. They knew that if they were to return early they had better had completed their task early, or they had better have an emergency. He pressed the button on his desk and the doors opened, allowing the Agent entry. He approached the desk, Williams smiling able to feel the respect from the man like an aura. He leaned back and gave a blank and rather stoic look, snatching the folder form his hands and opening them. He looked them over and without a single expression or line forming in his face, just shifting eyes and an active brain. Making sure not a detail missed him, he looked to the man and as calm as could be he asked. "Now what do you think I'm going to say?" He asked. There was an uncanny light-heartedness to his voice, one that caused the other male to shirk back and his primal fear showing. Williams arched an eyebrow and sighed as he placed the file down and shook his head.

"I can't believe you'd waste my time with this. So the kid hasn't been seen with his Dad a ton. There's a ton of people like that. If I had to investigate all of them then I'd be a field-agent full time. Now get this file out of here and throw it in the fire, if you come to me with another you can throw your damn pension in the fire too." He said, not a single emotion in his voice. "Seriously, what would possess you to bring that to me without hard evidence or a sound theory." He was chuckling, berating the male now as he shook his head watching the man go to walk out. The man stopped and turned, blurting out words that were in comprehensible. Williams held his hands out as if displaying that he didn't understand.

"It was a tip from a third party. We tried to trace it and it came back directly to his cellphone." The Agent said with a sigh. Williams had seen this trick all too well. It was a trick he used before as well. Hold out information so you can make the big arrest and be a damn hero. Good trick to use, smart thoughts, but utterly useless if done wrong. This man, did it wrong. Now he was responsible for holding information, obstructing evidence and was virtually a traitor by all other standards. Williams knew this man though, damn good man with potential. Killed a mutant or two himself, which was more than Williams could say about most of these pansies. He sighed and slapped a hand down on the desk.

"Oh, hey. Lookie here. You did have that in the report. I just missed it. Good find Kid, now grab a gun and get to the fuckin' car. We've got some questions to ask." Williams said, the man listening and obeying his commands instantly. Williams suited himself up, his field armor beneath his suit as he made his way to the car, glasses still on his face. He knew that this trail could very well be useless and prove to be fruitless, but it got him away from paper work. While the "Junior" here mused questions to Williams, Williams just sat there, until the male asked about why a tip would be left form his own phone.

"Because whoever left the tip left it form a different phone, they just jacked onto his frequency and used his cell signal when it came back to the tower. It's tricky to do, near impossible actually, but it's the only thing I can think of." He added. The other man argued that point slightly. "Wouldn't that mean they would have had to be near the phone?" he asked, to which Williams just smiled. "Or have called it." he added. For all he knew though it could have been anyone who had ever called him, anyone who had been close to him. All he knew now though, was that they were following the man's cellular phone signal, and with any luck they'd reach him right quick.

more_horiz
Each step upon the ancient wooden floors would produce an audible groan that reached his ears, and slowly began to grate upon his nerves. Why of all places would someone choose to meet him at such a dilapidated complex such as this? There were of course many more places, abandoned warehouses and even seedy bars that one could meet within, yet this was the chosen location. There was of course a certain amount of genius that came with a choice like this, but also a certain amount of damnable annoyance. First he would approach the cracked service desk, picking up one of the pamphlets and looking over it, paper heavy with the dust that had settled upon it. It seemed to be promoting the Empire State building with bright and bold lettering, something that was almost flamboyant in doing so. With a thought he would send the paper fluttering to the ground, tossing up miniscule clouds of dust as it hit ground.

Within the mostly unbroken silence his hears would catch the sound of heels tapping against hardwood, a meticulous click click click that caused him to wince with each instance. Someone else was within the building, and perhaps it was the one that had the gal to call him to such a location within the first place, someone that would have a lot of talking to do. ”Who's there?” He would call out into the echoing lobby room, looking towards the only stairwell that seemed to exist. This would stop the clicking sound for a second, before it would start again and within a few moments a female dressed in a simple pinstripe suit and with hair the color of his in straight waves down her shoulder would appear.

Her lips were thin pink lines, arrayed in an arrogant smile that seemed to mostly adorn Travis' lips. ”So you came. I wasn't expecting you to actually accept such an invitation, not without further preparation anyway.” Something about how she spoke was familiar, tone lilting in a way that would draw a person in. She would take a few steps towards him, eyes boring into his own with an intensity that could not be denied, stepping and stepping until she were only a good foot away from him. ”I think it would be best however that we take this meeting elsewhere.” She would note, tapping him lightly on the chest with a painted fingernail before turning about. Travis blinked, finding himself woefully unable to respond to her, his heart beating faster than he had anticipated.

The reaction caused him to growl lowly, the sound reverberating through his own ears as he would follow her to wherever it was that she was taking him. Where she lead was up the same dusty stairs that she had walked down on, Travis only a few steps behind her with hand buried into his pockets and with eyes following her every movement with a heavy amount of suspicion. From there they would step off on the third floor, a place with an equal amount of mold having set into, characteristic cream colored wall paper decorating it. Whoever had decided to decorate this place was unaware of the notion of interior decoration, as cream seemed to be their favorite color. It could have also been that they were some manner of large cat, but that was pure lunacy.

Where they were to stop was a simple room, decorated with a wooden desk across it with a chair behind and in front of it. The female would walk ahead, taking her seat and motioning for Travis to do the same. With a great amount of hesitance he would do so, feeling the chair creak beneath him. ”Why did you call me here? I'm sure it wasn't for the...pleasantry of my company.” He would question simply, much to the females amusement.

”I wanted to talk with you, about....your birth and the reason behind it.” She should say tapping the tips of her fingers together.

”My birth? You mean the whole when a mommy and a daddy love each other shtick?” He would question derisively, yet keeping that suave air about his voice.

”Don't be so obtuse Travis, I mean your real birth.” She would say still amused, leaning closer and glaring into his eyes with a stare that could melt ice. ”The one that father dearest would not have you remember.”

more_horiz
The car rolled up a good distance away, at least a mile and a half away as Williams pulled off to the side. He kept the plated windows up as he looked to the rather intriguing looking apartment complex. According to the trace on the call that was where their man was. Williams let out a little hum. Living by the maxim of Analyze, Debate then Detain he found himself analyzing everything. The area was a rather interesting one. Secluded, not a tree in sight. There was a car in the front yard, a rather nice one. While it was what one might have thought to be an irrelevant detail, Williams saw a chance for opportunity. Pulling a pair of binoculars from his glove compartment he removed his glasses and placed them up to his sockets. "I'm going to read off this number to you. Remember it." He said, his voice not needing any extra tone or driving force in order to carry his command. The "junior" male listened intently as Williams read off the numbers on the license plate. Next Williams returned the binoculars to their spot and put on his glasses. The screen initiated, and he blinked with his left eye to get access to the web. "Say the number again." he ordered, and the other Agent read them off like there was no issue in memory.

the glasses did the rest, processing the number and yielding back a bountiful amount of data. Including the drivers license of the owner, the car type and the V.I.N number as well as a lot of excess data of no use. The most interesting thing he could find at the moment however was that the car belonged to a dirty-blonde haired boy named “Travis”. He looked over the information provided and hummed. ”Travis Masters, son of Ryan masters, Canadian entrepreneur. Five foot-nine and two thirds inches. His picture depicts dirty blonde hair and greyish eyes, registered as a form of blue on his plate.” He said seeming to suddenly be filled with enlighten on their subject. The more junior of the Agent's just sat there, staring in disbelief at Williams as he began to spew this data, as if he were pulling it out of his arse. Williams turned and looked to him to which he arched an eyebrow and the pricelessly and very comically look of disbelief on the male’s face morphed only to speak and ask a single question.

“Are you a cyborg?” He asked. Williams stared at him for a moment. Williams’ eyes narrowed as he seemed to move slightly closer. ”Oh hold up you got something there.” He said, the male holding still, just long enough for Williams to jab him in the chest with a fist and knock the wind out of the male, who began gasping for air. ”Good news...It’s not a tumor.” He said, the joke being said in an impersonation of Schwarzenegger. He then sighed and clicked his tongue as he began to think through things. “Oh Jesus, I’m gonna die!” the male said, obviously he’d never taken a punch from someone as strong as Williams, not that it was a surprise. ”Run a background check on him and his family members.” He ordered. The young male grunted out a “Yes sir” only to be scoffed at. ”Not you! YOU get out and grab the AS50 UK build. It’s got the Nightforce ATACR  scope on it, NATO issues rounds, a silencer and an entire clip case attached.” He ordered. Meanwhile he managed to pull up phone records, all things to and from the phone.

This would prove interesting. He got out of the car and moved around to the trunk, lifting it up and finding his sash of weaponry. Being part of the M.R.D had it’s perks, like flash-bang grenades and smoke-screens at times even. Anything he could need to be field ready, tranquilizers and all. He cracked his knuckles as he took a flash-bang, armed himself with a standard pistol and looked to his little lackey. “Alright, get up, just under a mile, I’m heading in. If I don’t come out, pick off anything. Don’t worry about the sound. With a Silencer at this distance they won’t hear a damn thing.” He said, making sure to have a back up plan should he manage to get himself killed.

He made his way towards the building, his weapons concealed, and his car parked far enough away. It was a quaint little place to be sure, though it wasn’t in Williams’ tastes. As he began to approach he softened his steps, being silent. He was unsure of what he was walking in to. Blind as a bat, or so the expression went. But even a bat had ears, and it could hear things that many did not give them credit for. Much like the Bat, Williams had one last plan before he made his decision. The final part of the analytical process, he needed to discern, or rather ascertain knowledge regarding what this person was doing. Even Williams knew that the best kind of confrontation was a confrontation that never happened. If he could somehow know what form of situation he was walking into it would be a Godsend to the Godslayer. Though perhaps he could simply make a call, so to speak. Blinking his right eye, the database was brought up once more, as he muttered the correct “Path” to his personal data, within it there was a small “bug” or a virus, rather that was coded specifically towards phones and bypassed securities as if they were patches, or updates. Williams smirked as he began to conjoin the pieces to the puzzle.

Using his glasses’ results from the phone records, he managed to “slip” the virus into an email, and directed it to the phone of Travis masters. The coding bug would simply force his phone to switch over to “silent” ring and calling, and then proceed “call” Willaims’ phone, to which he would answer and swiftly mute his phone, keeping total silence.  He was a half mile and a large smile away from the complex now, watching, waiting, and listening.

more_horiz
'That he would not have me remember?” He would question out loud, as if almost mocking her in how silently incredulous it was. ”So you're saying there's some great secret that he's keeping from me?” The line of questioning would being as the male would begin to slowly grill the female that had the gall to call him to this place. The tone by which he had taken amused her immensely, as could be told by the smirk that had formed upon her lips as she raised a single finger.

”You act as if keeping secrets is something beyond a man like Ryan Masters.” She stated simply, almost posing an inquiry. As if behind the words she was questioning how much he really knew about the man that he called his father, which tore away at something within him. Vain pride perhaps, but it was something that drew a rise within the male. ”But there are a lot of things that you do not know, but I however know a lot about.” With a snap of her finger a single manilla folder would seem to levitate from the ground beside her, a flash drive clipped to the exterior, as well as a few notes jostling around within. For a moment the entire room would grow silent, enough that he could hear the breeze blowing in through the open window behind them and the papers within the folder fluttering.

”In fact this is only a small percentage of the information I have available to me.” She continued with that damnable smirk still upon her lips, as if she had him. She waved the folder about a few times, Travis' eyes following it curiously, almost hesitantly as if expecting it to be some manner of trick on her part. His foot would tap a couple of times against the slightly rotted wooden flooring, a creak issuing from it with each tap. ”I'm sure you would want to know what I have here, its practically written on your face.” She would continue to tease placing it upon the desk and with a flick of the finger it would slide along, kicking up minute amounts of dust within its wake.

The male would pause for a moment, looking to the folder before with a motion of his hand the thing would fly open, reveling what appeared to be a collection of hazy photographs. One of them was what appeared to be a fetus, yet they were suspended within a tank of green fluid. It was male, or so he could ascertain from the given imagery, strange lighting overall making the image hard to really make out. He would stare at the image for a few moments, blinking a couple of times but for the most part unable to really devise what he was looking at. Underneath the image was written in neat writing Subject Hyperion something that seem to resonate within him for a moment as he continued to look over the picture.

”Hyperion? What exactly does that have to do with me?” He would ask still skeptical as before, tapping on the picture multiple times before looking at a few others beneath it, showing bodies; one of them with blood pouring form the nose, another twisted with large tumors and another with a face wide in pain as they gripped their chest. Something about the images seemed to affect him however, a grimace forming upon his face and his usually calm smirk turning into an annoyed line. Images would flash for a moment within his mind, a flash of blood and screams, pleas for mercy and guns being shot. All of this would happen within a matter of seconds as he would rub the bridge of his nose and then return his attention to the female that was still sitting there as smug as ever.

”It has everything to do with you Travis.” She answered with the same cryptic air. ”However if I must spell it out for you, that is you. You're Subject Hyperion.” She answered simply, reclining within her chair and pacing the palms of her hands together. ”The only success within a set of twenty projects, the one who was to lead humanity into perfection.” She said seeming to quote something, as if simply rattling off a memorized rant. ”You are beyond both human and mutant if it is to be believed...no we are beyond both. However, I think I’ve said too much, yet anyway. I did give you the folder for a reason and that isn't to bore you to death with exposition.” She stated with a wave of her hand as Travis would simply stare at her, as if unsure how to properly respond.

He was some kind of test tube baby made to advance humanity somehow? If that were the case, then the researchers who made him were greatly mistaking in thinking he would do so.

more_horiz
Subject Hyperion? Well this was turning out to be a gold mine of information. Of course information being Williams' best weapon he was all to happy to receive the information he had. His eyebrow twitched at the prospect of what the faint female voice had said. Something beyond both mutant and human would prove quite the headache, or in his own eyes quite the tool. His curiosity was piqued as he approached, getting close to the building enough that he could have rung the doorbell is he had so chosen too. His eyes began shifting around at a rather ridiculous rate as he seemed to scan the entire thing over. Old, molding, far more glamorous on the outside, and a door thrown from it's hinges. Williams was able to make good use of his intuition and his perceptive nature, knowing that a floor like that was bound to make quite the creak, perhaps even one loud enough to rival the groaning of a ship at sea.

There was a staircase with footprints in the dust was enough to tell him where his little birdy went, though he couldn't help put notice similar areas, one in which suggested there was another there. The thick spacing, then dust and then a smaller missing speck suggested it was the woman he heard faintly. He scanned around before his eyes fell upon a pamphlet of the good old Empire State Building. The dust around it disturbed, meaning it had been touched recently. Williams pulled out his black gloves and put them on. He stepped forward lightly, stepping off to the side to be able to stick closer to the walls, if the duplex had been built properly then the audible creaking was not something he needed to worry about at the moment. He continued to listen onto his phone as he got down, stretching out and picking up the pamphlet. He looked it over and then withdrew the folder from within his coat and placed the pamphlet within it before tucking it away. Williams looked around at the location, observing the area as he found himself on the precepts of danger and peril.

He was nearing the moment when he would need to confront this threat. This was his final run through of information. He was in an old place, with two unidentified people the floor above him. He put a finger to the lenses of his glasses, and as if through the walls two figures overhead and slightly skewed to the side. They were a faintly glowing color, as if he had clairvoyance at the moment, though it was simply his lenses sensing exposure to the X-gene. The male was colored in a brilliant clash of colors, indicating multiple X-gene's or exposure of them. He let out a little hum as he took breath in. Two unidentified mutants (or as the woman called them "above mutants") conspiring with him listening in on their conversation. Williams closed his eyes but a second to clear his head of all distraction. He knew nothing of their mutations, but that did not matter. He was in control of the situation, he knew what needed to be done. He took off his glasses before he folded them and tucked them away in his inner jacket pocket. He stepped back to the door and looked around for a moment. The time for action was soon.

more_horiz
Hyperion, the high one as its translation gave. Given that, he was not surprised that such a title had been placed upon him, seemingly the next step in evolution for mankind as a whole. While he had no interest in advancing humanity, the idea that the was to be the beginning of a new species had an appeal that he could not deny. Still, even given the potential treasure trove of data that he held, it was not something that Travis was so willing to just accept. He would continue to flit through the files offered to him, beyond the pictures was a collection of information typed upon clean looking printer paper.

Most of them were figures, things that he would not really worry himself over, save for the pages were titled “Hyperion”. They gave detailed reports of growth rate, heart rate, developments and other important things. Physical characteristics were given, written in clean paragraphs alongside when his rapid development had seemed to arrest and his body seemed to conform to human levels, or as some seemed to hypothesize even slower rates. Musculature and bones were denser than the average human, but not by enough to push him into what one would call superhuman.

It seemed by that he was a failure, or so the paper seemed to note offhandedly. His mind however, that was something that seemed to make up for all of the physicality that he lacked, a mind that seemed to grow by the day. It seemed that he was now reading a detailed description of his development, a time that he did not quite remember but the more he read, the more a dull ache seemed to thrum within the back of his skull; as if something were attempting to reveal itself. A memory long forgotten or perhaps one that had been hidden.

Soon enough he had looked through all of the pages, only taking around five minutes to fully read them. The last however was different, half written and spattered with a dark crusty black substance. It took only took a touch to figure out what this was, the page was coated with dried blood, though the purpose of it being there was unknown to him. Why would she include a page half written and coated in dried blood? His attention would turn to her, curious almost as if silently asking the reason behind it, and the expression she gave him was one of silent bemusement. ”Something on your mind?” She asked with a certain tone in her voice that he would not quite read.

”Where did you get these?” he asked simply placing the folder down on the desk, throwing up a small amount of dust.

”I could tell you, but not here.” She noted with a certain self assured smirk.

”Whys that? You act as if you've been followed.” Travis noted rolling his eyes and resting his elbow in the desk, tearing the flash drive from the folder and placing it into his left pocket.

”I do? Now you're sounding paranoid Mr.Masters.” She scoffed reclining within her seat. ”I was just thinking that a run down building is not the place for me to tell you anything of true importance. Its not a proper setting really.” If he could believe that or not was unknown, but then again not as if he was too worried. If the woman proved to be a threat, then he would simply kill her before she made herself one. ”Perhaps we can take this elsewhere? The moldy air does me no favors. ” Travis nodded suspiciously, as she stood to her feet first, chair sliding with an audible groan as Travis did the same.

more_horiz
His ears caught the noise of the groaning table above and he cleared his throat as he went and leaned on the threshold of the main entry. He cleared his throat and looked down at the door. "Hello?" He asked, as if he had just stumbled on the location and was investigating. He stepped in and examined the area, being careful to take note of any other point of interest. His interests of course involving how to use his environment to his advantage should the metaphorical push come to shove. He placed a hand in his pocket, and ended the call. Just like that his "ears" had erased all suspicion as he began to step up the stairs. He opened the doors to each and every room, checking them with a quick look over. His alibi at this moment would be that he was a realtor, or that he was called to investigate a possible break-in. The stories, however were quite different. He would need to decide quite quickly as to what he was going to do if- no WHEN he found them.

Quickly with his glasses he looked into the ownership of the house in question, delaying himself as long as he could before he confronted the potential menace. There was nothing more for him to analyze. There was no longer a need to analyze, he had the information he needed, and perhaps even more. As calm and collected as ever, Agent Williams would make his way through the upper levels to find and confront the intruders.

more_horiz
Travis' ears perked at the gruff voice calling into the building, one that he was not familiar with but one that he bristled against nonetheless. This mysterious woman however only smirked wider, hands burying into her pockets as she simply looked around, as if something were going through that mind of hers. If she were anything like Travis however, then he could venture to guess what she was thinking of, and he was likely thinking the same thing. The sound of heels clicking could be heard through out the place, loud and monotonous almost as Travis trailed behind her with hands buried into his pocket as his mind reeled over how to deal with the interloper. ”Hm, I need to cheek on something Travis, would you mind finding our visitor and...making him feel welcome?” She would ask in a low whisper before turning and walking away.

The male rolled his eyes and only nodded, chewing on his lower lip irritated. Now where was this mystery man that had wandered into their little meeting?  His senses were on alert, trying to locate the male and following the faint sound of footsteps that were echoing through the place, given away by the creaking boards that served as flooring. What he found was a handsome looking male dressed in a suit, a low amused hum escaping from Travis as he quickly analyzed him within a matter of seconds. There was a calmness in the way that he walked, and even in the facial expressions that he wore. ”Hello.” He said loud enough to catch the males attention, though sound traveled well enough within the building.

”Are you lost or exactly where you want to be?” he would not initiate any sort of hostility, not unless it was shown he would need to. Thinking over what he had said, Travis realized that he may have sounded somewhat like some manner of prostitute, but that was unimportant. At the moment he was ascertaining who this was and their reasons for being here, he could work on the rest afterwards.

more_horiz
The voice was enough to catch his attention. One might have believed that Agent Williams was not suspecting anyone. Those people were not perceptive, nor knew Williams' prowess. He turned around, the logistics of his search for the owner of this building flashing to him on his lenses, unable to be seen from the other end of the specs. He could see that this house belonged to a real estate agency. To this Williams smiled at the young man before placing a hand over his heart. True enough he was in no way surprised, but it seemed more believable and less suspicious. "woah! Scared me. I'm right where I want to be. I'm Vincent Grisman, I'm with RMX real estate services. We heard about an intrusion and they sent me to see if it was a client we've been expecting.  I don't suppose you're old enough to be him. Now are you?" he posed the question as he appeared to be focusing intently on the one who "startled" him. He was vigilant as always, waiting to see how the mutant would react.

more_horiz
An intrusion? How would anyone have been aware of such an intrusion, especially in such an unremarkable location such as this? Something about the story did not add up, unless there was some manner of silent alarm that he did not account for, which seemed almost ludicrous within such an aging and falling apart location such as this. ”We heard about an intrusion?” He asked with a voice as smooth as silk, a false one that would hopefully fool the male as it had fooled many before. He even flashed a bright white smile to hopefully seal that facade. ”Travis Masters, my father is Ryan Masters, i'm sure you've heard about him somewhere before.” He said offering a hand and playing the professional. ” He wanted me to check out this location ahead of time. You could say he's considering....purchasing the building.” While a complete lie, it was not outside of his fathers character. He was known for many eccentric behaviors and one of them was buying and renovating dilapidated buildings, though what he did with them after that was up to him. ”I am truly sorry about frightening you Mr.Grisman.” He added.

more_horiz
He would take the offered hand with a shake and a smile as he nodded to the man. The name was in fact all to familiar, though for the sake of character he'd play the part of the real-estate agent. "Oh, the name rings a bell actually. I can't quite pick it out though." He said as he began to tap his leather gloved finger against his mouth, from the opposite hand that he shook with. He snapped his fingers and smiled, as if he suddenly remembered. "Out of Canada right? Yes, I know of him." Agent Williams said as if the epiphany were wearing down now. He looked around and chuckled slightly at the surroundings. He extended a hand as if offering the surroundings around him as an example.

"Well...it's not much to be honest. But honestly If you're interested I can give you the information on it." He said as he continued to play his part, now deciding to take on a non-confrontational approach this time around. Though he would likely need to vacate soon, perhaps give himself some space. "Or I could let you to your business and just phone the office that it's only you." He offered.

more_horiz
”Yupp, Canada.” He said with a false chuckle, nodding a couple of times and absently registering the firmness of the males hand shake. It was to be expected that someone would know of Ryan Masters, he so enjoyed the spotlight at certain points. The location was not enough, but then again it was not as if he planned to go too into detail when it came to his lie, just enough to get the male out of here and to get back to his home. ”Information on the building would be much appreciated.” He just had to go with this a little longer, crossing his arms over his chest and tapping his foot lightly against the floor which caused a low creak to echo through the semi-empty hall way. ”Phoning in that it is only me however would save me a lot of trouble.” he added with a smirk, more than aware of that truth of that statement.

more_horiz
Williams nodded and was more than willing to get himself out of this place. He got out his cellphone and called his associate outside, oh so far away with the sniper. The man answered with the utmost haste, as if he had been anticipating the call. Williams was not concerned that this male would mind, after all the supposed real-estate agency was expecting an intruder. "Sir are you ok-""It's just a person who was interested in the building, the door was old anyway, I'll get ahold of the contractor.- Yeah, I'm coming back to the office. I'll sign it then. Yup, mhm- bye." He said before closing the phone and sighing. He turned back to Travis and smiled with a nod. "Alright then, you take care sir." He said with a wave before excusing himself towards the door. New motives and priorities established.

more_horiz
Travis made sure to keep a calm smile upon his lips as he looked over the real estate agent, making a call and stating that it was only an interested client. The call was brief and then the male hung up, making his way to and leaving Travis alone with a calming expression. 'You too sir.” Travis would say with a smirk.  It was upon his leaving, and perhaps being far out of earshot that the sound of heels could be heard, the female smirking widely as she held something telekinetically betwixt her fingers, and twisted it interestedly. ”What do you have there?” he asked with a curious tone, the female smirking as she let the finger move closer to him, showing what appeared to be a dark colored strand of hair.

”A little genetic material.” She noted with a smirk, and Travis raising an eyebrow.

”Whose genetic material?”

”No one of importance.” She said with a smirk, removing a small vial from her pocket and letting it fall into there, twisting the sterile top on. ”Alright, we'll go separate ways now, and i'll be sure to contact you when I have more to do for you.” She said depositing the small piece and leaving the way she came in, Travis to mull over what she was speaking about. With a shrug he would leave through the front entrance, taking his vehicle and driving off.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum