X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteNot the Day (OPEN)

more_horiz
Chris had been in New York long enough to call it a new home, but he and Violet hadn't lasted. He'd gone from a nice penthouse with a beautiful girl to just barely getting by living in a crappy apartment in a bad area of Manhattan. Control over his power had improved with her, though, and he wasn't as prone to outbursts or blackouts as he had been at first. He constantly felt the surge of electricity in his body like blood through a vein, though it was part of him and he'd accepted that.

It was getting dark and as he moved through Central Park, his hands in the pockets of his black pea-coat, he knew he was asking for trouble. He had no mutants to talk to and every time he had spoken to one, things hadn't turned out well or ended badly down the road. His life was lonely, but he suspected it was the price he paid for such a, literally, high voltage personality. Then, like clockwork, trouble showed itself in the form of a masked mugger, the shine coming from his hand indicating that of a gun aimed at Chris.

"Hold it! Give me your wallet," he barked at the mutant, raising the gun.

Chris' brows furrowed, not in the mood to deal with such nonsense after everything he'd already been through. He spoke back, a tone of warning in his voice. "You are about to make the biggest mistake of your pathetic life, friend... I suggest you reconsider this and walk away. I won't warn you again."

As anticipated, the arrogant mugger laughed at Chris' words and shook his head, stepping forward trying to gain the advantageous position. "You're warning me? Look, friend - you see this? This is a custom forty-four caliber magnum handgun with six rounds pointed at your skull. So, no... I'm warning you. Either fork over your money or I'll put a hole in your head and take it from your lifeless corpse, you hear me?!"

With the mugger standing closer and focusing on Chris' face, the mutant was able to slip his hands from his pockets and direct them at the man. "I hear you. But you didn't hear me." With that, and no further warning, he cast blue electrical bolts out of his fingertips and into the man sending him violently into a nearby park bench smoking and literally fried. Chris then nonchalantly walked over to the man's lifeless corpse and looked down at it, musing softly. "You have a look of shock on your face."

descriptionCompleteRe: Not the Day (OPEN)

more_horiz
Skye still did not head back to the Brotherhood, staying close to the park as something that she cherished.  She had spent some time at the park after her escape before being recruited but now she felt torn again.  Mostly it was because Skye wasn't the type of mutant who liked harming other mutants.  Humans, sure if they deserved it for all the things they did to her.  She wore a regular tank top, not caring if some idiot would bang into erand take the full force of the electrical force of just touching her would do.  Her eyes were covered by sunglasses so she wouldn't be seen so easily in the dark even tough hr hair still made her stand out like a light bulb.

As she walked around she heard someone being robbed and walked silently over to help if need be.  She liked saving people who were being robbed because robbers usually were humans who deserved death.  That was until she saw something happen that she never would of expected, the blue electricity that came out of the young man was amazing and she thought she may of known him but it was hard to tell from the distance.  Skye watched the robber get fried and grinned walking up behind Chris.

"Couldn't of done that better myself."  she said and removed her sunglasses, hooking them to the pull of her bangles by charging them with electricity.  The bangles came in handy for some things.

more_horiz
Hearing the voice behind him, Chris turned around, his hand in front of his face directed outward, fully charged with the electricity visibly wrapping itself around his hand, popping and sizzling between his fingers. If anyone were there to start more trouble, he planned to put a stop to it instantly, but at the sight of who had spoken to him, he relaxed. The flowing electricity subsided back into his skin and he lowered his hand recognizing the source of the voice as not only one of his own, but someone he'd met before.

"Probably not, but then again, no one's going to mug anyone that's obviously a mutant." He was, of course, pointing out the fact that she looked like a walking Tesla Coil from her head to her toes and few, if any, would likely dare even approach her. Luck for him, he could absorb electricity and being in such close proximity to Skye didn't cause him to fear for his survival in the least. Thinking his statement over, he shrugged. "Well, scratch that - some people are just that stupid."

He glanced back at the body and then motioned for Skye to follow him as he rejoined the path he'd been walking on in an effort to get distance between them and a dead human. From what he'd seen and heard, they didn't need nor desire that sort of attention. As he walked, he placed his hands back into his pockets and kept his eyes forward but spoke up after a couple of moments. "So, Skye... this is the second time I've come across you in Central Park. New York is a big place. I'm beginning to wonder if you're following me - or waiting in the park for me." To that, he cast a glance over at her with a smile, letting her in on his joke then noted the bangles. "Still stuck with those, eh?"

more_horiz
Skye laughed as he spoke and walked closer when he motioned for her to join him on his walk.  She liked Chris, now recognizing who he was, the only other person she had ever been able to touch and not kill.  She hopped that she would see him again, and fate had given her that chance on this night.  It had been months since she had seen him so things looked different and felt different about him.  Same could be said for Skye.

"You are just so handsome I couldn't stay away."  She joked and nudged him with her elbow, sending some electricity into him by accident.  She blushed and cleared her throat, "unfortunately yes.  no one wants to help get them off.  Someone tried and it hurt so bad he thought it may need to be done surgically.  But i never saw them again.  How have things been with you and that girl you were living with?  Still with her?"  Skye asked and smiled. She was 18 now, and almost hoped he wasn't with Violet any more.  Skye liked him a lot, just the fact that they shared so much and she could touch him and he could touch her.  It made her want and desire him more than ever now. She thought about reaching for his hand, to hold it, but shook her head thinking it was foolish.

"To tell you the truth Chris, I actually missed you."

more_horiz
Chris looked over and chuckled at her remark of his being so handsome she couldn't stay away. The electricity passed from her and into him was absorbed with little effort and only make Chris tingle slightly then it subsided, quickly becoming part of him.

"That sounds like a cop-out to me, honestly," he stated with a shrug just wanting to let her in on his feelings about the situation. He could likely grab hold of her and they could both use their combined electricity to fry the circuits if necessary though that was risky in that it could explode or only serve to absorb it all and weaken them both. "My suggestion would be to look into the people that put them on to remove them. No one deserves permanent shackles, or whatever the hell they want to call them."

When asked about Violet, he got a knot in his stomach and sighed with a shake of his head. "I, umm... I really don't want to talk about it, Skye. We... we split. It's been a few weeks now, but uh, yeah. That's really all I want to say about that." In all honesty, he still missed Violet like crazy and wished for anything that she came back into his life. He didn't just like her or need her for his ability; he loved her and the fact she was out of his life, likely for good, made moving on hard for him in more ways that just romance. It was thanks to her that he wasn't drinking like he used to and was controlling his ability better and he'd never forget what she'd done for him letting him stay in her apartment when he had no place else to go.

"Can't see why," he replied as he looked back over at her, "I'm not much. Though I guess it is nice to have someone around that shares a mutation - I read that's extremely rare, especially in our cases. Granted I don't show mine outwardly like you, electrokinetic mutants have the potential to be some of the most powerful in existence." He looked back toward the trail with a soft smirk and added, "I didn't just pull that out of my ass. Violet had a lot of reading on mutation."

more_horiz
Skye smiled when he spoke about her words, her flirting and couldn't help but blush.  But when he suggested finding he people who put the bangles on her to begin with she stopped and turned pale.

"I don't ever want to face those people ever again Chris... They tortured me.... made me suffer and hurt me badly.  Please tell me you have another idea.  I just can't face those people again...Plus they might lock me up again.  I escaped, I wasn't freed."  Skye admitted and looked down, unable to look at him for a few moments even as he went on about his split with Violet.

It took her a few minutes to speak again and relax.  "Well, I've been thinking of splitting from the Brotherhood to be honest.  Shikon has helped me with my powers on't get me wrong but, I just don't share the same ideas as they do any more.  I mean humans deserve to die if they mess with me but not all of them are bad you know?"  She smiled and looked at Chris's face with hope that he would invite her to come to live with him to get away. Of course she wasn't going to just ask him that.  It wasn't something she would do even if they were perfect for one another in her mind.  "Also, I'm sorry to here bout your split.  You seemed very happy with her.  But it wasn't mean to be I think.  I think you are meant to e with someone who understands you fully, an vice versa.  Not someone who you have to learn from... Make sense?"  She bit her bottom lip and looked down again, unable to make eye contact feeling she may of went too far.

more_horiz
When Skye stopped, so did Chris and he turned to face her seeing the look on her face. It was obvious, even before she spoke that she feared going back for what might happen to her but no mutant was alone. Regardless of personal beliefs, the one things all mutants could agree on was that the MRD was dangerous. He shrugged after she spoke. "I didn't suspect they just opened the door and let you walk out, Skye. What I'm saying is that these people are evil. They capture and hurt our kind just because we're different. With me alongside you and maybe another mutant or two, they won't stand a chance." Nothing could have been more true than his words. He and Skye shared an ability and could draw off one another and kill the power while two others could help them get in and handle guards until they found someone and made them remove the bangles. Chris didn't advocate a war, but Skye - and any mutant, deserved better.

"No, they're not," he replied in agreement to how not all humans deserved to die or were bad. He'd personally met a few humans that were mutant advocates realizing that they were still people with rights and not just freaks. There were others though that would rather see all mutants dead and those were the enemy through and through. "The Brotherhood does make some sense in many things, but it takes a lot to be that radical about it all. Of course, the X-Men are even worse. They think all humans are good or some shit... I don't see myself siding with either of them. I know what I believe and don't like someone else telling me what to think."

Chris was offended slightly be her statement about Violet and their relationship. It wasn't anything like that and she wasn't a teacher rather than a companion and her loss left a hole in his heart. His brows furrowed at Skye's bold choice of words and nearby streetlights lining the trail buzzed and flickered in reaction to his raw emotion. "Violet understood more about me than anyone in my life. I don't know what happened to her. I came home one day and she was gone, so anything could have happened. Do not make assumptions about her - seriously - you don't know her." He felt like adding the fact that he loved her, but simply opened his mouth with no words coming out and shook his head before turning and continuing down the pathway. "Like I said, I don't want to talk about it."

more_horiz
Skye felt horrible for her words about Violet, it showed on her face clearly before he even replied to hr and she sighed, "I'm sorry, I'm not great with words about relationships... I just never felt anything for anyone until recently and I don't know the right wordings to make someone comforted by a loss or anything like that, so pleas don't be angry at me or feel like I'm heartless, I'm just inexperienced in all of this.."  She sighed and rubbed her bangles in habit.

"I just don't know where to go now or what to do with my life.  I'm torn between going back to the Brotherhood for shelter, or staying in the streets again and taking a risk of M.R.D finding me again....I just can't go back to that place.  You don't have a clue of how bad things were, what they did to me there besides these bangles."  Again she stopped walking and sighed a few electrical yellow tears fell from her eyes, the hue of he eyes glowing brighter as well.  One of the light poles above them nearby began to glow brighter as well before blowing out and the electricity from it could be seen flowing right into Skye.  She gasped for a second as she felt the electricity hit her before she sighed.

"I hate when that happens..."  She said embarrassed and started to walk again with Chris. "Have any other ideas on getting these things off?  They go right to the bone, into my marrow I think I heard them say.  My bone marrow is electrified occurring to them.  I heard everything after the experiments they did to me.  Like I was a lab rat with no feelings.  They didn't care what I heard.  I bet they would of killed me when they ran out of use.  I'm glad that explosion happened when it did and that I was able to escape."  She smiled at that and looked at Chris, dimming her eyes back down.  She felt good telling someone about what they did to her, felt the stress of it release a little, as if talking about it helped her feel better.  She couldn't explain it but she felt good talking to Chris about it.

more_horiz
Chris took in her words, but kept walking, and shook his head, "It's fine. I know you didn't mean anything by it, it's just that it's a bit soon, okay? I'm worried about her. She could be in MRD custody for all I know. I haven't spoken to her family, either." He didn't say it, but he was afraid to; not of what they may do to him, but more along the lines that it may start a fight between the Grimms and the MRD that wouldn't bode well for any mutant. With no facts, he didn't want to go to them with nothing but speculation that may have happened to her, or worse, find out she did leave him for one reason or another which would only hurt him more.

"The streets would be a bad idea, Skye and you know that, but if you don't agree with the Brotherhood then going back there is a bad idea too," he stated inputting his opinion on the matter with the facts he had on hand. "I don't know what the MRD did, but I do know there's always a place for mutants. You may not like it, but the Xavier Institute would probably offer you a place to stay just because they're like us." He didn't like the idea of her being on the street, especially in her condition. She was a walking lightning rod and it was obvious from a mile away. Anyone in their right mind would call the police or ambulance at such a sight and only trouble would come from it. When the light transferred electricity into her, Chris was unmoved. It had happened to him a few times before, so it came as no surprise though from her looks, she didn't need any more electricity in her body. "You should try to stay calm. Any more electricity in you and you may become the equivalent of an electro-magnetic pulse."

The young man listened to her explanation of how her bangles worked and they did, in fact, sound like they'd be painful to remove so it would require knowing exactly what to do. Guess-work would only result in more pain than necessary and possibly uncontrolled electrical output. "Experiments mean records. And records have to be stored someplace," he explained, "if not fight them, then spy on them and get those files. Chances are the answer to your bangle problem is in there. Believe me, government types love their records." Having spent time in the military, he knew all too well how thorough the government was at keeping records on just about anything under the sun. From terrorists to even birds flying over the White House lawn, they had everything but he suspected the MRD wasn't as crafty when it came to securing them as the military had been.

more_horiz
"I don't want to go to Xaviers.... I told you that.  I don't want to be in a place like that, and I really just don't want to go back to the Brotherhood... I've been out here a lot just to get away..I have no where to really go Chris.  I've done the streets before.  I know there's a risk but I don't have much choice.  Not like someone will rent a room to me you know?"  Skye explained to him and put her hands into her front pockets of her pants for a moments and sighed.

"Any chance I can room with you? Just until I find some place else?  At least I know I can't hurt you and I'll take the couch..."  She said and bit her bottom lip in hope he'd say yes.  As he went on about M.R.D and the files she listened and nodded.  His idea sounded good but she wouldn't want to risk him getting caught or do it herself so there in laid a problem.  "The problem with that is getting the files. I wouldn't want you to risk yourself getting caught by them.  It wouldn't be fair of me to even ask that of you.  I couldn't ask you to risk it.  Not when I've actually made a friend."  She smiled slightly and crossed her arms, walking at a steady pace now.

"Where are we walking to by the way?  What are you doing out here so late?  You know my reasons, but you never said why you were out here..."

more_horiz
"Hey, I'm just going over all of the options," he retorted when she made it clear she wasn't going to the Institute nor the Brotherhood. There really wasn't anywhere else for a mutant to go save for the street or lockup. And she was right about no one renting a room to her. One look at her and they'd turn her away or call law enforcement. It wasn't worth the risk. The young man nodded at her words clicking his tongue and looking toward the ground in thought.

"Room with me," he questioned with surprise in his voice, stopping and arching a brow over at her. He hadn't expected that to come up, though given the conversation was heading that way, he had to curse himself for being so short-sighted in that respect. He hadn't cohabitated with a female since being with Violet and wasn't sure what to make of it. It wasn't like Skye wasn't desirable, she was gorgeous and damaged like most any mutant was in some form. "Uh... my apartment is really small and..." He sighed shaking his head, realizing it was the right thing to do. He couldn't let her get caught by the MRD by sleeping on the street or worse, killed. "Sorry. Yeah. I guess you can stay. You're just going to have to work on not short-circuiting the building. Being evicted will be bad for us both." He nodded, confirming his decision mentally as he turned and started walking again.

"Do you always poke your nose into other people's business," he replied casting a look over at her followed by a grin indicating that he was only joking. He shrugged and looked back at the trail. "Nowhere, really. I like to come out here and clear my head. It's quiet and easy to forget about the rest of the city for a while. Here... I feel like I'm the only man on the planet. Just me and my thoughts."

more_horiz
Skye smiled when he said she could room with him and ran ahead of him, to a trash bin and grabbed a large garage bag full of cloths.  "I already packed."  She said and just kept he smile on her face as she went back to his side and pace.

"I was going to sleep out here tonight to be honest... I packed earlier today."  She cleared her throat and grinned, happy he offered.  "I won't drain the electricity I promise.  I've actually been working on tat and can watch T.V without breaking it.  Cell phones still sort circuit in my hands though."  Skye laughed a tiny bit and sighed in relief that sh was't going to be on the streets this night.

"I don't always poke into others business, I as just trying to make conversation is all."  
Skye said and then noticed his grin and smiled.  "That's the same reason I like this park too.  It's quiet at night.  it's nice."  he sighed and let her eyes dim a bit more so that they were a very dull yellow, dim enough that if Chris looked at her face it wouldn't hurt his eyes.

more_horiz
When she first mention she'd packed, running off ahead of him, Chris stopped in confusion watching as she pulled her bag of clothing from a trash can. Initially, he suspected she had been waiting for him to turn up at the park with her clothes ready knowing he was stupid enough to wear his heart on his sleeve and let her stay. When she mentioned that she intended to sleep at the park and packed earlier, he stopped himself from saying something he would have regretted.

"Yeah, about that," he began when she mentioned working a television, "the cable doesn't really work in the apartment. It doesn't really matter for me since I've not been home with work and... stuff, but maybe I can talk to the landlord about it since you'll be there." He started moving again then his eyes widened and he stopped turning back to her. "You cannot let him know you are living with me! He made it clear when I moved in that I was to have no pets, no overnight guests and no drugs. So... we'll have to keep your being there quiet until we can figure something out."

If he didn't make it clear that they had to lie, he felt it was only a matter of time before the landlord dropped by and she let him in or answered the door. That would get them both evicted and both would be on the street. Chris shrugged off her explanation of her question, guessing she hadn't caught on to his joke about it. He nodded at her appreciation of the park, taking the chance to finally look on her face and see it in more detail than before. She truly was beautiful which made Chris feel a bit of sympathy for her being so attractive and her gift not allowing her to express it. "I always liked being out alone at night, especially when I was on the road before Violet found me in St. Louis. Some habits just stay with us, I guess."

more_horiz
"Not a problem, I can stay quiet.  I'm great at hiding.  If they inspect your place I'll hide in the closet or something.  I really appreciate this Chris, yo have no idea."  Skye smiled and looked at him with a real happy face, the first time she had one in a long time.  She wanted to hug him but didn't do it in fear of the electricity passing back and forth between hem.  They both didn't know what it would do if they touched for a long time but Skye thought that i wouldn't be so bad.  It would just be transfers back and forth and in a way beautiful.

"I won't answer the door or anything, don't worry."  She smiled again and finally decided to hug him in thanks.  It was sudden and she did it with a good amount of strength and emotion put into it.  Of course her electricity hit him and flowed between them both but she wanted and needed the hug.  She didn't let go for at least a few seconds and then wen he did, she felt great.  The hug was a first in so may years that it showed on her face.  "Sorry... I just am really grateful and I haven't hugged someone n years... I'm sorry..."

more_horiz
Hearing her confidence in her ability to hide and stay quiet should have put Chris at ease, but it really didn't do much in that area. He had been lucky to get the apartment he had and knew too well of his landlord's attitude and knack of dropping by unannounced like a parole officer trying to catch their parolee doing something they shouldn't. So far, he hadn't done anything that violated the rules, but having a girl staying with him, especially a mutant girl, would be the icing on his eviction cake if it were discovered. The young man nodded at her thanks, "It's fine. Really. I can't leave you on the street and mutants have to stick together, right?"

"Good," he replied with a nod, "I'll let you know if it's a pizza man or something that doesn't matter which is fine. But the landlord - he's a... well, he's a dick. So...yeah..." He was taken by surprise when she hugged him and his eyes widened at first before relaxing and he absorbed her electricity as it came into contact with him leaving his skin feeling a soft tingle. When she released him, he took a breath, allowing the energy to become part of him before speaking. "It's okay. I was just a bit surprised is all."

more_horiz
Skye laughed when he explained the landlord and nodded.  "I know all about people who are like that don't worry.  I'm great at keeping out of site.  I did it for 2 months before being found by the Brotherhood, so I think I can do it in your apartment."  She paused for a moment, deep in thought before speaking again.  "Is there a fire escape I can get into the building from?  That might be the best way for me to get in your apartment without being seen."  She smiled and looked at Chris again.  The hug made her feel really close to him for some reason.

The share of the electricity seem to give Chris a part of Skye's energy and in return Skye absorbed some of his, so in a way she felt like she had shared something special with Chris and she cherished it.  Like a first kiss almost.  Another thing Skye had never experienced.  "I'm sorry about the electricity exchange in the hug... It was nice to touch someone for once... felt almost like my first kiss... well what would of been a first kiss I guess.  I've never had that either but, it just felt nice to exchange energy with you.  Sorry if you didn't like it, I won't do it again I promise."  She looked down embarrassed at her words.  She felt energized.  Her entire body was in over drive from the exchange and she felt amazing, like she had to share everything with Chris.  "So how far is it to your place?  I'd love to drop this bag off and if you want we can go back on our walk afterward?"

more_horiz
He heard her out about her skills in hiding and hoped they wouldn't be necessary and that he'd be there whenever the landlord dropped by. Since the landlord wouldn't know Skye was staying there, he'd probably make it a point to only pop by when he knew Chris was there which would give them both time to allow her to hide and him to get rid of the annoying man. He shrugged at her question of a fire escape. "Yeah, there is a fire escape, but you can probably walk in the front door tonight so long as we're quiet. He'd been asleep for about two hours now." He knew they wouldn't have to worry about him for that night, but the following day, they'd have to be on their guard for certain. He returned her smile and started walking again.

Chris couldn't help but arch his brow at her description of their sharing of energy as being like a first kiss. The way he saw it, a kiss was much better, but when she explained she'd never been kissed he understood why she'd describe the power sharing in that manner. It was obvious to him that she was embarrassed even before she looked down based on how she explained it which only made Chris laugh a little and shake his head. "I said don't worry about it. It's not a big deal - I will admit I think it's a shame you've not been kissed and relate that to a kiss, but I'm not mad or anything. You'd know if I was." He pointed to the streetlights that were remaining steady, in contrast to when she angered him earlier causing them to flicker and buzz.

"It's a good ways," he explained as he shoved his hands into the pockets of his peacoat, "but we can hail a cab. It's in Queens, so... totally different island, but not a bad ride. It's just over the East River."

more_horiz
(Wanna make the new thread now? as the start of our next part or just keep going?)

"Thanks Chris. I have a hoody so I can tuck my hair in and put sunglasses on if you want to do the cab.  Give me a second."  Skye said and dug into her back d pulled out an over sized hoody and put it up, tucking her hair into it the best she could.  "Alright do I pass for human?"  Skye laughed and twirled for him.  She nudged him again but this time no electricity passed through her to him due to the clothing.  She sighed as they walked, thinking about his words on how a kiss was better than the feeling she has just experienced with that hug they shared and the electricity flowing that she wanted to ask him to show her but only smiled and shook hr head thinking she as foolish to do that.

"If you think the front door is safe enough there I will do the front, but I can climb the fire escape if need be but yea..."  Again she bit the bottom of her lip as they left the park for Chris to hail a cab and sighed.  "What does a first kiss feel like?"  She finally asked, her face turning slightly red.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum