X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

let it snow (pg13)

descriptionCompletelet it snow (pg13)

more_horiz
Arabella skipped anr danced through the new snow in the yard at the payne mansion. Occasionally she would look back to see if chris was still there. She had snow back home but not much where she lived. Sometimes they even vacationed in bali or somewhere when it got cold. 

Her cheeks were pink with the cold already. She made a snowball and snuck around a tree to get behind him. She was preparingto throw the snowball.

descriptionCompleteRe: let it snow (pg13)

more_horiz
Generally, Chris hated cold weather and anything associated with it going back to his time when his father was stationed in Virginia and the winters were downright miserable. Despite his former feelings, having lived in New York for a couple of years forced him to acclimate to the colder region, but it was Arabella that made him enjoy it.

Even with a pink nose and cold cheeks, he chuckled following the blonde through the soft snow. He couldn't have removed the smile on his face if he'd tried and not just because it could be debated that his face had frozen that way, but more so that he was happier than he'd been in a long time. He'd fallen for the girl and could admit it freely; at least he could admit it to the mirror at his apartment, anyway. Every time he thought of telling her face to face, he got nervous and changed the subject with sarcastic humor.

He paused a moment to take in the scenery then looked back to see Arabella bent over in the snow then she practically vanished behind the trees. He ran up to where she was, knowing what was in her hand and hoping to get her before she got him and stopped to make a snowball of his own.

more_horiz
Ara saw him making his own snowball and squeeled as she threw her hastily put together snowball at him. She laughed out loud as it hit him on the butt. Most of it had started falling apart right before it hit its mark but it hit its intended target. 

She spun around in the snow and made a run for it. Since aramis and the others took off it was just her and jake taylor in the big house. So its not like anyone would hear thier roughhousing and playing in the snow. She giggled as she tried to gracefully run from him in the snow. She was wearing jeans, ug boots, and a peacoat with a hood. She had started out wearing gloves but had taken them off to make the snowball so now her hands were red from the cold.

more_horiz
Adrienne appeared from behind a building. She knew exactly where she was. No one needed to explain to her that she was trespassing she was well aware. Adrienne wanted to know what the fuss was all about, she wasn't looking for any trouble, but it should happen, Adrienne wasn't holding back anything.

She saw a girl holding a snowball.
"Well, well, well..." she smiled slyly as she looked at the girl. "You must be that same girl, Lakai told me about." Dressed for occasion, Lakai wasn't too scared of holding the battle on her own. "I hope she didn't beat you up to hard, she can be such a bitch sometimes. It's a good thing they got her a cage at the nut house. I am Adrienne, by the way. Adrienne Kerwin."

more_horiz
Ara looked over her shoulder to see if chris was chasing her. When she looked in front of her there was a girl in front of her. She screamed and slid in the snow trying to stop. She was apparently friends with the wolf girl that attacked her. She backed away from the strange girl. "C-chris!" She yelled in a cold and terrified voice. She was still having panick episodes because of the wolf girl. Was her feiend here to finishthe job?

more_horiz
Chris laughed when he got hit with the snowball and tossed his own back at her but wasn't as accurate with balls of snow as he was with electricity or bullets. Noting his miss, he ran to the left hoping to cut her off knowing if he could get a bit closer, the chances of him missing were slimmer. Then, he heard her scream for him and he didn't like the way it sounded. It was in that instance when his doubts about the Payne Manor, which he'd been vocal about, weren't wasted. With everyone there gone but two people, they didn't stand a chance against any threat that came their way but he couldn't force Arabella to leave. It wasn't his style.

He looked around the side of the shed he'd run behind and spotted the new face talking to Ari. She didn't look friendly and Chris didn't like it at all. In fact, he was getting sick of people attacking his not-girlfriend; he had to force the thought of trying to convince himself that she'd be his girlfriend if he'd get the guts to ask. Instead, he had to think. Was she alone? Could it all be some sort of elaborate trap? Lakai was locked away in a mental hospital, but anything was possible.

He pulled his own black pea-coat together and buttoned it, pulling the collar up over his neck then stuck his hands into his pockets before stepping from around the building and making his way over, but noted her name along the way for future reference. "I'm here, Ari." He came to a stop beside her and looked at the strange woman directly in her eyes. "Lost? The dojo to use those things is downtown."

more_horiz
Arabella was relieved when chris appeared. Her abilities made her dangerous if she actually had a will to be a fighter. She wasnt though. She saw herself as fragile and weak. She moved quickly and got behind chris. She looked at adrienne from behind him. She nervously put her hand on his arm in an attempt to reassure him though she was scared of the new girl. 

She tried to defiantly look at adrienne and tried to sound tough. "I dont know who you are but you can just bugger off before things get ugly."

more_horiz
Adrienne shifted her gaze from the girl to a coming boy who appeared from another building. "Trouble?" she scoffed. "I am offended. Have you people no sympathy for others anymore? What do I have to do to make you believe?"

Adrienne walked over to the boy and looked him in the eyes. "I want to join Evolution." she stated blankly.

more_horiz
Chris listened to her words and shook his head at what he was hearing. His trust for others diminished each and every day, especially in regards to mutants that came armed. All things considered, technically all mutants were armed, but rarely with visible weapons. To her words of sympathy, he remained quiet for a moment and looked back at Arabella when she'd spoken up. Her words were harsher than his own, though his thoughts mirrored them.

"If you're looking for sympathy, you could consider a hospital or a church," he stated plainly, "as for making us believe, trust isn't handed out. It's earned and you've not done that yet." When she walked closer, Chris didn't so much as flinch, but narrowed his eyes and listened to her words before laughing a bit.

"There are a lot of reasons why I'm not the one to talk to about that. The first being that I'm not in that group, the second being that it's practically disbanded." He shrugged and looked over at Ari and stepped to the side nodding at the girl who'd introduced herself as Adrienne letting her know he had her back without even saying a word. "You should talk to her. Evolution is, or was, your group - never mine." He wasn't big on groupings, but he knew how to lead if necessary, though leading a mutant group could cause stress he didn't need nor Arabella, though it was her call to make with Aramis and the others gone, not his.

more_horiz
Ara watched him anxiously as he stepped out of the way. He was no longer between her and the girl. She knew he wanted her to fend for herself but she just wasnt a fighter. She resisted moving behind him ahgain but instead looked at the girl and nodded to what chris said. "Its only me and jake right now. Most of the rest of the crew has dissapeared on some mission they neglected to tell me about." She kind of lied about the last part. She semi knew where aramis was. He had told her of his activities right before he left. She also promised not to tell anyone for the safety of many lives.

more_horiz
"You should talk to her. Evolution is, or was, your group - never mine."

Adrienne chuckled at the boy, "A stray dog, aren't we?" she stated. So the group was disbanded as far as he could tell. Adrienne wanted to join only to be double agent to Brotherhood, but it would appear she no longer had any spot in the group.

"My dear boy, I've tried getting sympathy from a church, but they wouldn't offer me any. Something about my soul being too dark. I guess there is no repenting now, is there?" she turned toward the girl. "Well, thank you, I really must be going now. Seems like Lakai has wasted her time on a worm. Paranoia will make you do crazy things. She had nothing to worry about, for you are nothing more but a fly without wings." 

Adrienne laughed out loud and then walked straight through the girl. There was nothing more for her at this manor.

more_horiz
Arabella gasped when th  girl walked through her. She looked to chris. How would he ever be able to love her if she didnt stop putting his life in danger. She moved her boot around in the snow and looked guilty. "Sorry i drug you out here to play in the snow. Im an idiot...ill get my stuff now."

more_horiz
"There's nothing to be sorry about. I liked our fun while it lasted. It's a good change of pace from the usual," he replied with a soft smile and looked in the direction the other mutant had walked. "She was just scouting anyway - information gathering. No one shows up ready to fight then says that and walks away without something bigger going on. But she's right, Evolution is a shell of itself and is only a target."

He sighed, knowing how she would react to his words, but he had to tell her how he felt about the whole thing. The last thing he wanted was for something terrible to happen to her out of some feeling of loyalty she had to a group and a boy that weren't there anymore to look after her. She needed to start looking out for herself or she'd never survive. "You won't like it, but I think you need to think about leaving this place. Maybe stay with your brother for a while... too many new faces with ties to Lakai and the Brotherhood hanging around for my liking. Something bad is coming - I feel it in my gut."

more_horiz
Arabella went from fear to frustrated. She thought chris liked her but she was beginning to get it. He was just here to protect her. Like everyone else. "Oh yes please let me go from the intellectual stimulation of jake to my brother alec. It  what ive dreamed of. Really!" 

With military precision she spun on her heel and started stomping through the snow towards the house with a mixture of anger and hurt. Was feeling hurt and played with because it seemed like everyone in her life who didnt die seemed to just want in her pants or to protect her like she was some damn flower. She cussed under her breath all the way to the patio where she slipped on the ice and fell on her ass with a startled cry. She wasnt hurt but angry tears sprung to her eyes.  she 

more_horiz
Alec came out when he heard the shouting. He was paranoid of this plaxe since lakai's attacks. He rushed over to arabella when he saw her sitting on the icy stone patio. He reached for her hand and tried to help her up. What happened? Are you ok? You should be more careful. You could have really hurt yourself. Lets get you inside." He began leading her towards the house.

more_horiz
Arabella jerked her arm away from alec. She wasnt really mad at anyome in particular just at the world. "Im not a fucking doll alec im fine! Fuck off!" She wasnt badly hurt. She would have some bruises later but nothing broken. She stomped into the house and slammed the door. Alec's coddling was the trigger that set off the gun. 

When she was inside she slammed the door. The patio door and the whole back wall of the house was made of glass. So it was clearly visibile that all of the books on all of the bookcases shook and flew off of thier shelves. She went straight upstairs and to her room where instead of packing she threw herself on her bed and cried into her pillow. 

more_horiz
Alec looked back and fourth between the now gone arabella and the young man he called friend. "Okay that is one of the reasons im gay. What the hell just happened? Do you want to tell me before or after you go up there and fix it?"  He was sure it was.  Misunderstanding but he also knew ari didnt cuss him out and stomp off in tears over nothing.

more_horiz
Chris merely stood silently and listened to Arabella's rant before watching as she stormed off into the house, but not before telling her brother off as well. The young man simply slid his hands into the pockets of his coat and walked over toward Alec shaking his head slowly.

"Your sister doesn't take too kindly to suggestions that could save her life, Alec," he explained coming to a stop. "First Lakai and then this Adrienne showing up... this place isn't safe for her or Jake, especially with the rest of the group gone without a trace. When I told her that and suggested she move in with you for safety, she flipped out, so fixing it isn't as easy as you make it sound - my opinion won't change."

more_horiz
"Be patient. You have been amazing to her and i understand the difficulty in that task. Just remember she isnt like us. Shes never had a job or any contiuous task that as hers besides school and cello. She isnt a spoiled brat. Shes scared,tired, and im sure being around you so much also tosses her. She kind of has a huge crush on you. No offence but if i have to hear about the fabulousness of your hair,eyes, personality or body one more time ill let Lakai have me" He chucked and rubbed his hands together to heat them up.

" You mean alot to her Chris.To both of us in different aspects obviously. She doesnt have the experience to express her feelings very much. Shes been through alot of change in less than a year. Im not making excuses for her. Im just asking you to remember shes still a teenage girl."

He started back for the house and stopped at the door. He looked back at Chris and grinned. " im not getting cussed out again. Got talk to her and get her packed and in the meantime ill pick up books."

more_horiz
Alec's words were reassuring and nice to hear. It had been a long time since he could consider himself truly being helpful to anyone and knowing he'd done that with both Arabella and Alec made him feel that he wasn't such a loser after all. The young man nodded taking in what was being told to him about Ari and how she was different than them. Hearing she had a crush on him made him smirk; he had a fondness for her as well and with the more time he spent with her, the stronger that feeling felt. It was to a point where he could hardly look at her without his heart beating faster. The detail added by Alec about exactly what she found attractive only widened his grin then chuckled as well despite a blush rising to his cheeks.  "Well, let's not throw ourselves to the crazy dog girl just yet." He suggested though in a humorous sense.

"You're right," he agreed with an affirmative nod, glancing up at a window on the second floor of the house, "with everything we've all been through, it's easy to forget that. Though I am glad that you understand why I said what I did - explaining it to her though... you make it sound so easy." He grinned then took in a deep breath and took Alec up on his words and went inside the house then upstairs. In all truth, he'd not been to her room and had stopped at the top of the stairs to wait for her in case she needed to change and need her privacy.

Despite having not walked to her room, he knew where it was having remembered the door she'd come out of before they stepped outside to play in the snow. The mutant made his way down the hall and to the door before knocking gently on the door still having no clue what he was going to say to her. "Arabella, it's Chris. Do you want to let me in so we can talk?"

more_horiz
"Its not locked. So whatever."  There was a sound of wood splitting and something heavy being dropped. Inside her eoom her cello was smashed to pieces on the floor with the bow broken near it. A trunk sat at the end of her bed with a duffel bag sitting on top of it a couple boxes sat in the corner with customs stamps all over them. Her closet was open and it was obvious it had never been used. The dresser in the room was the same. She had never bothered to unpack since moving into the mansion. She was stuffing some dirty clothes into an overnight bag. 

more_horiz
Chris' reaction to her words was a furrowed brow and tilted head. He heard the sound inside and, after opening the door slowly and coming inside taking a moment to have a look at the destroyed cello and general state of the room being in disuse, he realized he'd never understand the female gender. Trying to keep Alec's words in mind, he walked across the room and stopped a couple of feet from Arabella while she put some clothes into a bag.

"If you expect me to take back what I said, that won't happen," he stated wanting to go ahead and make it clear that he didn't often tend to mince words. It was a double-edged sword, though, since the only time he'd even gotten tongue tied lately was around her. Seeing her upset with him didn't sit well, but the young man knew they had to talk it out. "You can take Jake with you wherever you wish to go, but this house is a target. And I know you probably think I'm only playing bodyguard, but you couldn't be further from the truth."

"I only mention the dangers and suggest safer alternatives because if anything happened to you, it'd probably kill me," he continued, looking from the bag and ruin that was once a cello to her face, "I don't do it because I'm a protector or even because of what I do for a living; I do it and say it because... I... look, ever since I met you I couldn't get you out of my head and after spending time with you... I really like you, Arabella. A lot - and that's not easy for me... but I can't risk losing what could be out of nervousness, fear, or some sort of invisible line in the sand. I've lost someone I cared about before and I'll be damned if I just sit back and let it happen again without putting up some kind of fight or letting how I feel be known to you. So... there it is."

more_horiz
She hesitated stuffing a shirt into the bag and bit her lip. She tucked her hair behind her ear. She wanted despirately to avoid looking at him but she couldnt help looking at him. Her eyes were red from crying before he came up to her room. " What are you trying to say Chris. If you saying what i think you are saying i hope you mean it and not as some joke. Ive been through too much shit to deal with anymorer games."

more_horiz
"Yeah, it's one big joke," he stated with sarcasm, "that's why I can't stop staring at you whenever you're in the room and why I came to the hospital every day just to see you, even when you weren't conscious. So no... it's not some game I'm playing. I don't play games like that and I'm telling you this because it's as good a time as any."

He looked down briefly taking in a deep breath then met her eyes. Despite them being red from tears, he still saw her as the most beautiful being he'd ever laid eyes on. He had to be somewhat impressed at his own stand on things and the change he'd gone through, but saving her brother was the best thing that had happened to him; it led him to her. "So yeah... that's what I'm saying. If you'll have me, that is?"

more_horiz
She took a few breaths and let them out like she was trying to hold off something emotional. She then took the few steps towards him and looked up at him silently. She put her hands on either side of his face before he could stop her. Her expression went blank as she read his memories and past thoughts. she didnt think he was lying but she had to see what he thought from his eyes. 

When she was done she closed her eyes and let out a breath. "I feel the same way about you chris. I barely know you and the thought of loosing you hurts almost as much as loosing my family. I dont want to get rid of you. Its quite the opposite."

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum