X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteSafe-ish house ( nc17)

more_horiz
Events leading up to Raymond turning Arabella over to the MRD....

All Ari had was an overnight bag of clothes. She held her bag close while she looked around Chris' apartment. It seemed like she got comfortable in one place and then she moved again. It was getting a bit old but she wasnt going to complain.

Her head was still spinning from the confession back at payne manor. She wasnt feeling as alone as before. It was exciting that she felt something for someone and they felt something back. After leaving the mansion she stayed silent the whole way here. She didnt want to say anything to ruin it.

She tried to be respectful and took her boots off by the door but continued to hold her bag while she looked around. She looked around curiously. " I like the place, its very cozy. The couch looks comfy...."

she could feel one of her headaches coming and it was going to be a bad one.  She set her bag down on the couch and started to rummage through it. She pulled out a couple of pill bottles and cursed under her breath. The one she needed was empty. She wasnt used to having to fill them. She sighed and set the bottle down on her bag as she sat down on the couch.

descriptionCompleteRe: Safe-ish house ( nc17)

more_horiz
The apartment was suitable for him and was nicer than his old apartment, but still a little small. Chris kept it functional though, but it had a lot to do with him being at work constantly and never really being home to mess up the dishes or have clothes and trash sitting around. Bringing her there was different than when he agreed to let Skye stay with him; while both were based around necessity to protect another mutant's life, he was in love with Arabella and having her there in his home made him nervous that she wouldn't approve.

When she complimented his place, he felt a bit of pride and smiled over at her before checking the hallway and closing and locking the door. "Thanks. You can sit down if you like." He motioned to the couch and watched her pull out her bottles  and came closer with a furrowed brow.

"If you need your medicine filled, there's a pharmacy just down the street. I can call and get them filled then pick them up for you when they're ready. I really don't mind at all," he offered with a warm smile wanting to make her feel comfortable and safe.

more_horiz
She moved while sitting on the couch. Something in the cushion poked her. She reached under her and pulled out a bra and blushed brightly. Chris wasnt hers but she couldnt help but feel a pang jealousy. It must have belonged to the girl chris helped. She was also a bit jealous of the size of the bra. She set it down on the arm of the couch and hugged herself self consciously. "I have enough of my sleeping pills but my pain pills are... i would be very grateful chris but you dont have to do all that. Im intterupting your life enough being here." She knew she had no where else to go that ray didnt already know about. 

more_horiz
Embarassing was an understatement when Arabella pulled the bra from the couch cushion. At first, Chris' eyes widened wondering who it belonged to given he'd not had a female in his apartment then it dawned on him that it had to be leftover from when Skye was using the couch as a bed during her time there. Then he held in a bit of a laugh and made a mental note to return it to its rightful owner soon as he could and also keep an eye out on things that belonged to his former roomate that might still be laying about the place. "Yeah... that would be my former roomate's. I'll have to get that back to her at the Institute when I can. If you come across anything else, let me know - my job keeps me busy, so I may have overlooked some things."

The young man shook his head when she explained how he didn't have to get her pills for her and how she was interrupting his life. He was happy to have her there. She was not only safer from his father there, but the prospect of seeing her more often gave him a lot of joy. "Eh, it's no big deal, really. You need them, after all. I can get them tomorrow morning once the pharmacy opens up," he explained with a soft smile taking a seat next to her.

"You can have my bed. It's the least I can do to make sure you're comfortable." The couch had a tendency to be very firm and he felt that she'd appreciate the bed more especially since it was much warmer in the bedroom than the living room.

more_horiz
She stood up and stretched. When she did her shirt rode up enough that it showed her bellybutton piercing. She realized it was showing and blushed while tugging her shirt back down. " Its okay.... its not my place. If you have girls here thats cool i wont be in the way. I'm grateful you are willing to get my medication. Thank you."

She wandered towards the bedroom and peeked inside. She wasnt trying to be too snoopish she was just curious. She looked back at him with concern. " Your bed is plenty big Chris. I dont want to put you in your own place. We can share. It feels warmer and the bed has got to be more comfortable than the couch...... i mean if you are ok with that i am. I trust you." She chewed her lip nervously as she continued to look around. In her head she was playing back what she said and she felt like a complete moron.

more_horiz
Chris caught sight of the piercing from his position on the couch after she'd stood up. A smile tugged softly at the corners of his mouth, but he refrained from grinning too large but nearly lost the battle when she tugged her shirt down and blushed. He found her absolutely adorable and couldn't fathom why anyone would ever want to hurt her. "No, it's not like that. You're the first girl that's been here since Skye left. She just left very abruptly and some things got left behind is all. And there's no thanks necessary for the medicine."

When she moved toward the bedroom, Chris stood to his feet as well and walked over toward her. It took him a moment for her words to sink in then he visibly blushed and smiled nervously before clearing his throat. "Um... yeah, I mean it would be more comfortable and there's room." What got him was her trust in him more so than sleeping beside her that night. He'd already made up his mind that he wasn't going to allow anything to happen to her and if it did, he'd take action. If they were in the same room and same bed, they could look out for one another though he had a feeling he'd not sleep much having a gorgeous young woman that he was head over heels for lying in bed next to him. "Okay. We can do that, sure."

more_horiz
Ari took in her new surroundings. Her head still hurt like hell but at least she was somewhere safe with chris. "Maybe i can take her things over there when everything settles down. Until then just relax. Im not going to bi-"  she turned as she was talking and stopped mid sentence. She heard him get up to follow her but didnt realize how close he was. He was right there. Close enough for her to smell his shampoo. She blushed bright red and took half a step back only to bump into the doorway of the bedroom. "Iminlovewithyou." She blurted out before she could stop herself.

more_horiz
The idea of Arabella taking Skye her things didn't sit very well with Chris. When it had come out that, rather than sit at home all the time, he was spending time with Ari, Skye tried to kill herself. The last thing he wanted was Ari putting herself in danger by taking her clothes to her and making it obvious she was now living with him. All in all, Chris didn't trust Skye after how she'd already acted and definitely didn't trust her around Arabella.

He was about to voice his opinion on how risky her suggestion was when she stopped talking then blushed and took a step back only to utter words that caught Chris completely off guard. He looked at her silently for a moment and couldn't help but smile softly. "You're... you love me?" He hadn't heard those words in a very long time but he'd felt the same toward her for months but hadn't been able to say it. Mentioning his fondness for her was hard enough, but saying he had fallen in love with her was more difficult as the word itself had a lot of meaning to it and wasn't to be used on a whim.

more_horiz
Ari's cheeks went from red to scarlet. The way her stomach dropped reminded her ofthe time she fell off of her dad's horse. Scary and thrilling at the same time. Had she said to much? She still had some of his memory of skye in her head. She went pale and her lip trembled. "Yes very much so. Ive never been in love before so im not very good at this or what im even doing. Please dont send me away like skye. I-im sorry if i made this weird." She was starting to babble nervously.

more_horiz
Chris smiled at first, hearing her confirm that she loved him then his features went from pleased to frustrated. It seemed that he'd never escape the dark cloud of his past decisions, though he had his reasons for choosing what he had with Skye. He felt it time to set the record clear on both his feelings for Ari and Skye. "Alright, let me be straight up with you here: Skye is a fucking nutcase. She tried to kill herself because I didn't have romantic feelings for her. That's why I sent her away. I can't have a nut like that in my house."

He paused glad to have gotten that off his chest then took a breath and stepped closer to Ari, reaching up and resting a hand on her cheek. "But, you didn't make this weird. I, umm... I love you, too. I have for a long time. I would do anything for you, Arabella. Anything."

more_horiz
Her heart started pounding when he touched her cheek. It was like she was full of electricity even if he wasnt using his powers. Having him this close again she couldnt help herself she stepped closer and stood with her lips inches from his. "I've been falling since the day you saved my brother." She whispered.

more_horiz
"I guess I did too. I liked you, anyway. I didn't love you until the hospital when I thought I might lose you... then I knew I was in love with you," he explained and used his fingertips to run along her hairline and push some loose hair behind her ear. She was so close to him that he could feel the warmth of her breath on his face and her pleasant smell was almost intoxicating. As nervous as he was, he couldn't help himself from leaning forward to close the few inches that separated their lips bringing her into a soft kiss. His free hand wrapped around her back while his eyes drew to a close. He'd kissed many girls in his life, but there was something different about Ari; she felt right like she'd been the one he'd been needing his whole life. Love was funny that way.

more_horiz
Ari was shocked but not complaining. She was having her first kiss. She was so surprised she thought she was going to faint or something. She closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around his neck. She had to stand on her toes to reach him. He may have closed the gap between their lips but thanks to her there was no more space between them.

more_horiz
Chris' lips lingered on Ari's for a few moments, soaking up the moment for everything it was worth. It was their first kiss together that the mutant hoped was the beginning of many more to come. He felt safe, warm and overly content with her arms around his kneck. 
His words hadn't been hollow. Chris would do anything for Arabella, even kill if it meant protecting her. He deepened the kiss savoring the sweetness of her taste and for that moment, he forgot about everything wrong with his life.

more_horiz
Ari's heart raced as the kiss intensified. She was worried she was kissing wrong. She had never kissed before. Through lip contact she could see and feel all of his thoughts and memories. He had been with others unlike her. She could sense though that he liked her differently than the others. This made her giddy with happiness. She liked seeing his past as much as she wanted to be his future. She kissed him back just as intensely and one of her hands moved up the back of his neck and her fingers ran through his hair before giving his hair a playful tug.

more_horiz
Chris moaned softly with contentedness against her lips, his heart racing and smiling a little when she tugged on his hair. The kiss was a long time coming and revealed a lot about what he felt for her and how he desperately wanted to be with her for the long haul. He didn't doubt that Alec would approve since he was the one that had told Chris how Ari felt before the young mutant had said anything about his own feelings to her. Having the approval of family meant a great deal, but he had to keep her safe and do what he could to keep his father away from her.

He pulled back just enough to look in her eyes, his lips mere inches from hers and couldn't hold back the smile. "This is nice... no worries about everything else, just... us. I like it."

more_horiz
Ari panted to catch her breath when he pulled away. She felt like she was high. She couldnt think straight. She looked up at him a bit dazed and blushed. "W-why did you stop?"  She was runnng on a high of adrenalin. She had a little doubt in herself. Maybe she wasnt a good kisser. She couldnt believe that though. He seemed way too happy. His words only confirmed it. She smirked at him and backed away into his bedroom.

more_horiz
"I don't really know," he replied with a nervous chuckle and shrugged, "honestly, I'm having a hard time gathering my thoughts right now." He had no clue why he stopped in actuality; he suspected that he just wanted to look at her but it could have been anything. His lips had a mind of their own that night, but he had no regrets whatsoever of what had happened and when she smirked at him, his heart pounded even more. Something in her look was enough to drive him crazy, but in the best way and when she backed away, he followed, closing the door behind him.

more_horiz
She was excited and terrified at the same time. She was still trying to catch her breath from the kiss. Everything was moving so fast. She looked up at him nervously. "I havent um-what i mean is...i havent had-i dont know how...chris be gentle with me." She trusted chris with her life and more.

Much time and activity later....

Ari laid on her stomach under the blankets with her face facing him. She slept softly with her mouth open just a little and her breath coming out in soft sighs. Her arm draped across chris' stomach. For once she actually looked relaxed. Her bare back was exposed with the blanket stopping on her very low back. Chris had seen all of her tattoos including the one on her back. It contained the soul of a friend and teacher. It was words in italian that the words formed to look like a spinal column going from her neck to just above her tailbone. A crow decorated her left shoulder blade. She squirmed in her sleep and made a sound but didnt wake up. 

more_horiz
Chris laid on his back, an arm around Ari's exposed back watching her silently. He couldn't sleep, despite what had just happened, his mind was racing too fast. He loved Arabella, that much was made clear, but he couldn't shake the fact that his father was after her. He had to get to him before he got to her and he'd kill him. Taking life had never been too difficult for Chris, but knowing it was his father made it harder to fathom than anyone else.

He kissed her cheek softly before carefully sliding out of bed not wanting to wake her but making sure to cover her up. He then went about putting his clothes on. He had to meet Thana at Mel's Diner and get the ball rolling. The sooner MRD stopped focusing on he and Ari, the better. Still, amidst the chaos in his mind, it was nice to have someone to love that loved him back. It was part of the reason he was willing to fight so hard to keep it.

more_horiz
Ari slept deeply with exhaustion both from the day and the recent activities. She felt like she slept for hours when the door was being pounded on. It snapped her out of her sleep and she felt next to her. Chris wasnt there. She reached for the alarm clock and accidently knocked it off of the night stand. She struggled to get out of bed and put on the first clothes she could find. A pair of his pajama pants and her shirt.

" Did you forget your key? Im coming hold on!" She felt like she had been hit by a ton of bricks. Without thinking about it she opened the door without undoing the chain. The door was slammed hard and a hand shot through the opening. Ari let out a scream and tried to shove the door closed. Whoever had their arm in was too strong. She even tried to bite him. The person yelled and pulled their arm back in. She backed away quickly as the man busted in the door. She was terrified to realize it was Ray. " You get out of here or so help me.. he'll kill you!"

She tried to run for the bedroom where there was a phone but he chased her. He hit her hard from behind and she went down. She flipped over on her back and kicked with both feet when he came at her again. When she felt she made a good hit she attempted to crawl away. He knocked over the dresser and caused the lamp to fall. He grabbed her by her foot and this time she kicked him in the groin.

She got up while he was hurt and ran for the door. Two armed men appeared so she made a sharp turn towards the kitchen. She made it to the doorway when she felt a sharp pain in her back then a warming and calming sensation as the dart spread its sedative. She fell and knocked over his small table. She split her lip in the process. When Chris returned home later he would find blood in the bedroom and kitchen and his place trashed.

OOC: aaaand done!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum