World of Mutants

You are viewing forum as a guest. Register to see all sections, all the cool people do it.

World of Mutants

Mutants are not the ones mankind should fear. - Dr. Jean Gray

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO WORLD OF MUTANTS!
Create your character HERE
Claim your celebrity HERE
Greet other students like yourself HERE
Pick your character's power HERE
Current plot
Many years ago Xavier's school for gifted mutants was attacked. It was left in ruin. Teachers and students abandoned it with no hope of returning to it for sanctuary...

Years later a professor named Jason Andrews returned life to the school's halls and rebuilt its walls. Students have once again come to learn at the school in safety.

Many other mutants aren't quite so lucky. Some still remain hidden in the shadows and some within factions like the brotherhood are left leaderless.
Staff

Loika Faelith

Share | .

Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Neo Lancewick

PostSubject: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Neo hadn't been to the Mel's diner in a long time. Ever since moving in with Thana then the Brotherhood Mansion. He wanted to come back here as there was many memories here. Many first and last encounters here. Around the front or around the back. He wore a pair of black jeans held up by a belt. A boy muscle tank and a jean jacket. His long hair was tied into a ponytail at the base of his neck. He wandered inside and was given a seat at a the bar. "House special." He said. That kept him from having to read the menu. He wasn't a picky eater either. He was eating more than before. Ordering a chocolate shake as well. He looked around. Not many people were here. People were coming and going right now.
Back to top Go down

Alec Adair

Human

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:44 pm

Alec sat at the counter with a newspaper in front of him as well as a cup of tea. He stirred it with his spoon occasionally but never looked up from his paper. He wore nice jeans, a v neck, and a nice aweater. The only time he looked up was to thank the waitress for freshening up his tea or to check his phone. He had the same thick accent as his sister arabella.
Back to top Go down

Neo Lancewick

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:11 pm

Neo caught something warm and different nearby. The smells of the grill in the back and a few others. There was the sound of the paper as he opened his eyes to look at the waitress. Smiling at her as he took the milkshake. "Thanks." he said with a soft tone. He sipped at it as he looked around and spotted a gentleman a couple seats down. He looked familiar and the accent was different too. He looked back at his drink a bit. "Are you the guy who is the brother of Arabella and friend to Christopher and Thana?" he asked after a moment. He looked at his surroundings. He was pretty sure he was. He wanted to make sure the girl was better.
Back to top Go down

Alec Adair

Human

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:52 am

Alec was a paranoid man to begin with between his job back home and recent events here. He calmly picked up his tea and didn't look up from his paper as he spoke. " Whats it to you if i did know someone by that name. You got a habit about asking strangers personal stuff mate?"

He sipped his tea and delicately set it back on the saucer for his cup. he didn't let it show but someone asking about his sister bothered him. Especially since the problems they had recently. He was confident he could take this guy if he needed to. For now he pretended to be disinterested in the conversation.
Back to top Go down

Neo Lancewick

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Neo tensed as he fought all his instincts just to run. That were saying this was a bad idea. "My name is Neo. I...I just wanted to know if she was all better now. The Jean Grey lady fixed them both up but...but I wanted to see if she was all good now. I guess in hindsight I really have no right to ask." He said more to himself and almost to softly to hear as he shifted a bit like a rabbit stared at by a fox too long.

He took a breath and looked up at him with a kind, stubborn yet genuine expression. "No I don't sir. I avoid strangers and people more than not. I only ask people I know I seen before and to me aren't really strangers but they probably never even noticed me when I genuinely care about someone else. I already know you are him and know them but I figured you wouldn't remember me cuz I was in girl clothes and the girls spent the entire night getting healed by Jean Grey. So the girls were everyones priority. You teased Christopher about being with his girlfriend Arabella and Jake said he wasn't your bitch. Thana asked Jake out." His tone honest and he worked to make it sound more male toned right now.

He took breaths as this was out of his comfort zone. Staring at the counter before he looked at his milkshake like it was very interesting. "I'm sorry...I didn't mean to upset you or put you on edge. I shouldn't have asked on how she was even if you are Alec. She just meant something to Christopher, Thana and that Alec person. I...still had no right." He sipped the milkshake. When his food arrived he paid for it and started to eat. Looking at him and gave an apologetic smile. "Really sorry for the reaction I caused you. I'm not used to starting conversations." He looked back at his food and started eating. Going completely silent. He felt really bad for causing Alec to get on edge when he'd been relaxed. He just didn't want togo near the Xavier's institute it had too many plants and he wasn't sure where to find Christopher. Thana probably know but she had enough going on right now.
Back to top Go down

Alec Adair

Human

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:07 pm

Alec paid for his tea while keeping an eye on the stranger. "My apologies i don't remember meeting you. My focus was on my sister. If you have such a connection with my sister you should ask her yourself. With what is going on in the community you will have to understand if im paranoid about whos asking about my sister."
Back to top Go down

Neo Lancewick

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:24 pm

Neo looked at him and smiled a tenative bright smile at him. "It's alright. I know. You all were focused on what was going on. We never properly met so its alright." He said. He felt bad for Alec. He seemed really stressed out even now.He wasn't used to being in the center of anyones attention. "I'm Neo. It was nice to officially meet you Alec." He said shyly and sweetly. Still focusing to keep a more male toneature to his voice.

After thinking a moment he shook his head a bit. It wouldn't be a good idea. She wouldn't remember him anymore than Alec or Jake probably would. Unlike Christopher she hadn't interacted with him outside of when she was too sick and feverish to know or realize. Smiling a bit as he answerd. "She wouldn't remember me. She had a fever when I was helping Thana take care of her. I don't like going near Xavier's institute. Too much nature all around." He looked at him a bit. "Besides...any connection i have to her...its well...its slight and meaningless compared to yours and Christophers." He said with a soft shrug and shy smile. He couldn't bring himself to go to that school. Over 85% of it was nature and he didn't want to hear all of that overloading him right now. "She is an Amazonian warrior lady just like Thana. So I know she has to be doing all better now. She is strong even I saw that plus anyone who can bring the scary claw guy to his knees like that has to be alright." He said with a laugh.

Finishing his food which was still mostly there he carried the plate to the homeless guy huddling in the corner. "Here you go mister. You can have this." He said. Handing it to the homeless man before coming back to finish his shake off. "I understand. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to put you on guard or disrupt your relaxed moment." he said with a soft smile. He thought about it a moment then shook his head.  Finishing his milkshake and pushed away from the counter again. He felt the guys eyes on him and couldn't help but shift nervously. Flushing a bit but wasn't sure why. Probably because he felt embarressed and waaay out of his comfort zone. As well as a bit stupid because he'd messed up trying to start a conversation for once. He wasn't sure what it was but he did know he felt bad he set Alec on edge since he had been quite relaxed and at ease until he opened his mouth.
Back to top Go down

Alec Adair

Human

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:18 am

"I was a mounted officer in the queen's royal mounted police force. I'm used to being on alert. Being here has only made me more alert. Ari is strong but has her limits just like everyone else."He folded up his paper and sighed. He wasn't sure why he told the new guy this. He craved a cigarette and wished he was allowed to smoke inside.
Back to top Go down

Neo Lancewick

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:34 am

Neo looked at the male as he spoke. He watched his reactions and then looked around. People were coming and he wanted to head into more open areas. Areas he knew well and knew people wouldn't eavesdrop or spy on him if he was talking to someone. He looked curious and interested. "So you're from somewhere that has a monarchy too? That's really cool." he said with a smile. Police force? He wondered if it was like the people he learned from other people on the streets were called 'popo'? He looked at him a bit. Nodding his head. "Yeah that's true. Everyone has limitations even those who think they can take on speeding trains or have bad injuries and it just be 'a flesh wound'." He said with a laugh.

He noticed more people coming in. "Do you want to head outside? Less crowdedness and more escape routes or ways to split if you need to bounce quickly." he asked not just for himself but in case the guy wanted to go outside. Even if he would rather have the more open room and escapes roots of outside since he and Alec were talking it would be rude to just start heading outside right? Especially if the guy didn't want to head outside.
Back to top Go down

Alec Adair

Human

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:40 am

"It's cold outside. I'll avoid catching my death and stay inside here."He picked his paper back up and went back to reading through it. The winters here were particularly bitter and be wanted to stay inside where it was warm. The crowds didnt bother him. He found it safer with witnesses than in seclusion.
Back to top Go down

Neo Lancewick

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:48 am

Neo nodded his head a bit. "I guess that is true. It is cold but its been colder. Sorry...I forget others are used to sleeping inside not on the streets like myself and others." He said with  a sheepish smile and an embarressed soft laugh. He looked at the man's paper and stared at the pictures on the side facing him. He really didn't think too much on it. The guy had a very sound and logical reason. He was so used to making due and sleeping on the streets he really never thought about it being too cold outside. He looked at him a bit. "Is mounted police same or different from New York's popo?" he asked. A bit of learned street slang hitting his voice and manner of speaking as he voiced the question he had wondered a moment ago. He looked outside and stared out there.

Playing with the pouch bag around his neck. His eyes moving around as he kept an eye on the people entering. Searching them without seeming to for signs of danger. Of M.R.D. of assassassians of soldiers. He was keeping alert for any danger because he'd be gone and risk being rude to Alec before he got into a confrontation or captured. Plus...if it was M.R.D. if he was seen associating with Alec they M.R.D. would kill him for assocaiting with mutants and he didn't want that on his conscience.
Back to top Go down

Alec Adair

Human

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:57 am

Alec let out a very loud sigh. He didn't mind speaking but he also hated disrespect. "They are diffrerent though they have some of the same jobs. You will do well to not disrespect law enforcement. They keep you safe and do not deserve your derogatory slang."
Back to top Go down

Neo Lancewick

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:08 am

Neo looked at him in surprise and shock when he was told he said something bad. He hadn't meant to be disrespectful or derogatory. "I'm sorry. I didn't know. That is what the others on the streets always called them and said they were called. I mean no disrespect or insult to you or others in your profession." he said softly. He looked at his pouch and played with it more. Law enforcement. That is the proper words. he thought to himself in his native tongue. Flushed from being scolded yet grateful for being corrected and knowing he was in the wrong he needed to admit and apologize to Alec as he unintentionally seemed to upset and offend him.  "I apologize to you Alec. I won't say that term towards law enforcement again I had no idea it was disrespectful or derogatory. Thank you for teaching me something new." He had a happy and warm smile.

At least until he continued to ponder of the meaning of the other man's words. He then looked back down. He knew that ignorance was no excuse and the man's words and reactions prior to it indicated he had done really bad. He played with a loose bead on the pouch silently a bit. "They don't keep people like me safe...not anymore. The law enforcements are the lesser of the dangers out there with M.R.D. and the military but the only people the law keeps safe is humans not mutants. Not even on my homelands Alec." He looked up a bit with a soft yet sad look on his face.

A sad yet honest tone and expression as he lost the male tonature to his voice when he stopped focusing on it. "You are the first person who was law enforcement I have seen who cared whether mutants lived, died or were safe. Even if it is just limited to your sister, your friends Jake and Christopher...its more than I've seen the entire time I've been in the states on the streets. Though law enforcement doesn't seem to be too kind on homeless, street teens or others no matter what but...meeting you means there is hope that some might. So thank you for giving me hope in the law enforcement here." He said in a kind and gentle yet sad tone.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~   

Back to top Go down

Cheap Good Cookin ~PG-13~

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1