World of Mutants

You are viewing forum as a guest. Register to see all sections, all the cool people do it.

World of Mutants

Mutants are not the ones mankind should fear. - Dr. Jean Gray
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO WORLD OF MUTANTS!
Create your character HERE
Claim your celebrity HERE
Greet other students like yourself HERE
Pick your character's power HERE
Current plot
Many years ago Xavier's school for gifted mutants was attacked. It was left in ruin. Teachers and students abandoned it with no hope of returning to it for sanctuary...

Years later a professor named Jason Andrews returned life to the school's halls and rebuilt its walls. Students have once again come to learn at the school in safety.

Many other mutants aren't quite so lucky. Some still remain hidden in the shadows and some within factions like the brotherhood are left leaderless.
Staff



Loika Faelith

Share | .
 

 A Call to Arms (R)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Christopher Knowles

avatar

Neutral

PostSubject: A Call to Arms (R)   Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:19 pm

Chris had made a narrow escape from MRD clutches at the Mansion and was, effectively, on the run. He'd used an electrical outlet to travel from the mansion and into the city, coming out in a payphone in a desolate area of New York City that had seen heavy resistance between mutants and MRD. While he had to dodge some MRD footsoldiers, they were a small threat in comparison to the Sentinel and Isaac's personal forces that he'd seen at the X Mansion. The young man used the sewer systems to stay out of sight and kept his focus up so to determine if anyone were approaching him.

With the X-Men scattered to the four winds, he couldn't be sure who was alive, dead, or captured but couldn't allow it to stop him from moving onward. He knew that Jake had taken Delphi and Ari to Florida from what he'd told him, but didn't dare reaching out to them until he knew it was safe. Chris' only goal was contacting the Brotherhood and warning them of what was to come; Isaac would need time to recover from his failure, but would be going after the Brotherhood soon enough and their only hope was getting clear of New York and regrouping to formulate some kind of plan.

A bandage torn from his shirt was wrapped around his cut shoulder and he'd only rested long enough to get strength to move though it was still painful. As he exitted the manhole, taking a cautious look around, he noted the appearance of the Brotherhood mansion. It didn't seem that it had been attacked yet which gave Chris hope as he stepped up to the door and knocked hoping someone was there and that he wasn't too late.
Back to top Go down

Lakai Faelith

avatar

Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:22 pm

Lakai answered the door in panties and what used to be a shirt at one time. It was so full of holes her bra was clearly visible under her shirt. Scars from self harming lined her arms and legs. She smelled strongly of pot. Just one of the things she was on today. E and beer was also on the menu. The thin dark haired girl cocked her head to the side and sniffed him. "Mmmm arent you just yummy. I could just gobble you up. Yummy. You are the tattoo chick's guy right? Im not usually a fresh meat person but yo girl was delicious. Whatcha want? Lookin for some ass while she's a jiggly puff? Wouldnt blame ya.." she stretched seductively and let her shirt ride up dangerously high. 
Back to top Go down

Shikon Ookami

avatar

Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Shikon came walking down the stairs, shirt no where in sight. He made a mental note of how the Brotherhood had a habit of walking around the damn place with little to no clothes. Shikon whistled down the stairs at Lakai. "Yo babe, who's at the door?" Shikon walked slowly down the stairs with his hands in his pockets. The way the door was opened he couldn't tell who was standing in the door frame.
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

avatar

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:03 am

On any regular day, Chris would have taken exception to both Lakai's words and her choice of attire when answering the door to visitors, but he had too much going on in his head to care about either at that moment. In fact, on a normal day, he wouldn't just be dropping by the Brotherhood mansion either, but desperate times called for desperate measures and they had to all stand together if there was any hope for the mutant race.

"MRD is coming," he stated bluntly to Lakai, "they've attacked the X Mansion already and most of our kind are scattered God-only-knows where. I came to warn you." He then heard the voice of Shikon calling out from afar, though he couldn't see him from his present point of view. "We have to talk. Mind letting me in so I won't risk being spotted?"
Back to top Go down

Lakai Faelith

avatar

Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:09 am

"Its the sparky boom boom man baby. Hes here to be our paul revere!" She giggled and stepped back just enough that Chris would have to squeeze past her to gain entry. Once he was inside she fiddled with her hair boredly. "Yea i know all about that stuff they took my sister and her brat. Got me a free lunch though. Ya want a beer?"
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

avatar

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:15 am

Chris let her remark slip and stepped inside as Lakai moved to let him by; he didn't want to risk being seen by an MRD patrol or spy. After all that had happened at the X Mansion and the Detention Facility before that, he was likely number one on Isaac's hitlist so he knew caution was of the utmost importance. Once inside, he looked up at Shikon briefly with a nod, but Lakai's next comment caused him to freeze dead in his tracks. His look of seriousness and worry changed and his eyes narrowed while he slowly turned his head to look at Lakai.

"You knew... and you said nothing," he snarled as the lights and other electrical devices started going haywire in the mansion along with others on the street. "So many mutants captured, dead, or in hiding in part because of Loika's help and you knew about it..." His eyes shifted back to white as they had at the Mansion during the fighting as he charged up one of his hands. "I thought the Brotherhood cared more for mutant kind, but you betrayed us all! This could have been avoided!"
Back to top Go down

Lakai Faelith

avatar

Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:51 am

"I'm alot of things baby and a hero aint one of em. Id do some things for my sister but risk my neck?" She stretched as she walked away from him. She seemed to not be phased at all by his power. "Like any of those others would do the same for me anyways. So fuck em all. Im about havin a good time. You would know what that was if you weren't stuck with that stuck up bitch you call a baby momma." She made a show of bending over to pick up a joint from the ash tray on the coffee table in the living room. 
Back to top Go down

Shikon Ookami

avatar

Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:17 pm

Shikon laughed and watched as Lakai and Chris argued like kids. He sat on the railing and waited and waited until he felt the time was right. The flickering lights didn't even phase him. After all the shit he'd seen there wasn't much that could phase him. As he hopped down from the railing to the bottom of the stairs he drew a line of fire between the two. "Whoa. Whoa there Chris. You need to calm down before you do something you'll regret." Shikon was wearing a set of gloves that couldn't conduct any form of elements.

As Shikon walked over to the line the fire died down. "You need to understand that the X-Men want nothing to do with us. I offered to go save Loika, but you people don't need us. So don't come into our home and accuse us of this. If anything it's all our faults for letting that bastard Issac get the upper hand on us." Shikon shrugged and walked over to the door and opened it checking outside. "What is it you even wanted to discuss?"
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

avatar

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:58 am

Chris listened to Lakai's words, though they didn't do anything but make him more angry. She was far too selfish for her own good, and it was apparent to him that she had no idea what the MRD was planning nor what her own selfishness had helped bring about. Even as Shikon created the line of fire, Chris didn't stop glaring at Lakai. All he could see in his mind's eye was the Sentinel attacking and the destruction Isaac planned to unleash with machines of that nature, though he calmed down once Shikon came nearer, the lights returned to normal and Chris dissipated the electricity from his hand.
 
"You two need to understand this is bigger than the Brotherhood or the X-Men," he replied shaking his head, "If you offered to save anyone, I sure as hell didn't know about it, Shikon or I'd have helped you because I see the bigger picture. I've been to the MRD detention center and I've seen what they're doing to our kind." He walked over to a nearby chair and took a seat, reaching up to run a hand through his hair.
 
"The MRD has a Sentinel - a prototype that I've never seen before. It can use DNA extracted from mutants and use our abilities. With Loika's ability it can repair itself." His eyes shifted to Lakai then back to Shikon. "I was able to shut it down briefly, but I've only bought us time. We have to work together - if there was ever a time to put aside our differences, it's now, guys."
 
Finally, the mutant stood to his feet and walked closer to them. "I need your help. Both of you. As fellow mutants. Will you stand with me and take the fight to the MRD? Or will you try and fight it alone and be destroyed?"
Back to top Go down

Lakai Faelith

avatar

Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:47 am

Lakai sat with her legs splayed out. She took a long drink from a flask and laughed. "I aint fightin beside you sugar dick. There is nothing in it for me at all. The mrd hasnt attacked and they wont. If they did id just tell then where to pick up your little jiggly puff." She lit up a cig. "Good speech though. My fave part was the light show." 


Instantly she went from cocky to looking unstable. She put her cigarette out on her own bare thigh, got off the couch, and wandered into the next room yelling at someone only she could see. "SHUTTUP SHUTTup! STOPPIT ITS NOT LIKE THAT. OH NO NO DONT START WITH ME!Im sorry shhh no its ok. Im a good girl. No yelling. Yelling is bad. Lakai don't yell in the house-GODDAMIT LAKAI DONT YELL IN THE FUCKING HOUSE!"
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

avatar

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:20 am

Chris had seen and heard enough. Lakai wasn't even finished speaking before he'd thrown up his hands, rolled his eyes and started for the door not seeing any logical reason to waste any more time. In fact, the way he saw it, they'd deserve whatever MRD brought to their door and rather than wait around for it, he would just as soon make himself scarce as to not be tracked.

"So be it," he stated plainly, "I'm not wasting my breath on someone so selfish and apathetic. The Brotherhood can finally die for all I care - the true Brotherhood died long ago." His words were in a mix of anger and hurt. Seeing fellow mutants no longer care what happened to their species left him with the conclusion to let them die and their ideals with them so that someone wiser with a more level head could rebuild with like-minded individuals rather than those only concerned with complacency.

The mutant had just reached the door when Lakai started her rant, causing him to turn and look at Shikon then to the room Lakai was in before back at him. "I wish you luck. Truly. But I'm afraid that won't be enough. They will come. They will capture you. Eventually, they will kill you both. Whatever lies Lakai is telling herself won't save her from that and, I won't either." Chris looked at his watch then heard sirens in the distance and took them as an indication to leave.

"When they capture you... they'll turn you against your own kind - then we'll be forced to kill you both," he declared coldly, "I will not watch our kind be destroyed by humans, Shikon. No matter what happens from here on out, remember I gave you both a choice." Following his words, he nodded at him then walked out through the door he'd come through intending to leave them both to their fate.
Back to top Go down

Shikon Ookami

avatar

Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:18 pm

Shikon rolled his eyes at both Chris and Lakai. He followed Chris through the door yelling back at Lakai "Lakai stay in the fucking house." He stopped outside the door listening to the sirens.

"Chris hold on. You said sentinels right? This is worse than I thought. If it were just goons with weapons I wouldn't be scared, but if they have an actual sentinel up and ready, AND Loika with them? Then that's something I can't sit by and watch. Besides we all Lakai isn't all there sometimes, but she's getting there. If what you say is true then I am worried about our race. Our kind. Do we have any allies? Can you find any of the X-Men? We need a method of counter attack. We need to group up."

Shikon pulled out his phone and unlocked it. A long time ago he had synched it to the satellites under a general's name. They would think it was their government was looking at it. Shikon flipped through multiple cameras, multiple live feeds. He couldn't see anything. Shikon mumbled swear words under his breath. "Chris why can't I see anything when I check the feeds?"
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

avatar

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:01 am

Chris stopped on the steps when Shikon called out to him. If it had been Lakai, he'd have likely kept walking, then used the nearest streetlight to leave the city, but Shikon had yet to outright turn down his offer and out of respect of that, he saw no problem hearing him out though time was short. Chris' overall demeanor and way of glancing around the area as Shikon spoke would be enough to give away his caution for not only himself, but Shikon and Lakai as well.

He resisted the urge to tell him 'no shit' when he suggested a counter attack and grouping up given that was what Chris had been trying to tell them the entire time he'd been in the Brotherhood manor. Instead, he nodded softly. "Yeah. I know where some of them are, but not all of them. Everyone scattered when MRD attacked the mansion. I told everyone to leave and stayed behind to buy them time. Shikon, this is big and it's going to get worse. As for allies? It's iffy. The best thing for us to do is meet up with Jake, Arabella and Delphi in Florida. It's probably wise to not talk to anyone we aren't sure is on our side until we can all plan a counter attack."

The mutant glanced down the street again, the noise of the sirens drawing closer and he could feel the electrical signals they were putting out. They had ten minutes at tops and judging from what he felt, they were headed straight for them. While it all could be coincidence, he'd seen enough in the past few days to make him no longer believe in such things. He turned back to Shikon, taking the lack of camera feed as another bad sign. "I honestly don't know. But if they know you've been looking into those feeds, chances are they're tracking it. We have to go. Now. Get Lakai, pack light - judging from the distance of the electrical signals put out by those sirens, we've got less than ten minutes, Shikon. I'll keep a lookout for you. If we use the tunnels beneath the city we'll stand a better chance."
Back to top Go down

Lakai Faelith

avatar

Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:26 am

In one of the rare times, lakai actually listened to shikon. Not purposefully but she did. While he was running after chris she was battling her demons in her head. In the sitting room she was tucked into a corner between a decorative cabinet and the wall with her hands over her ears and yelling at whatever was talking in her head.
Back to top Go down

Shikon Ookami

avatar

Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:28 pm

Shikon nodded and spoke quickly. "Pack light got it. Chris once I'm done packing, I'll come get you. We have tunnels under the mansion that lead everywhere in the city. I'll move quick, and I'm sure you'll move quicker. I'll be back in a few minutes."

Shikon ran into the house dashing up the stairs. He opened a suitcase and threw mostly Lakai's clothes into the case. He threw only a few clothes for himself. He was more concerned for Lakai's health, and well being over his own. He took a plastic bag and threw their bathroom supplies in them. Shikon threw on a shirt and ran down the stairs to Lakai. He took her hands in his and smiled. "Lakai get up, we're leaving. Up and at 'em."

He ran outside and motioned for Chris to come back inside and follow him. Shikon ran back to Lakai and picked her up on his back. He carried her on his back and the suitcase in his hands and headed for the basement. "Don't worry Lakai. I'll protect you."
Back to top Go down

Lakai Faelith

avatar

Brotherhood

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:10 pm

Lakai looked up at him like she barely recognized him. She was on the border of sanity and it was a thin border. All of the voices in her head were so freaking loud. She wished she could shut them out. 

Lakai was barely holding onto shikon's back. Her skinny and scarred arms and legs dangled uselessly. As shikon carried her she stared at her mother walking along side them. Of course she was the only one who could see her. Or hear the evil things the woman whispered to her.
Back to top Go down

Christopher Knowles

avatar

Neutral

PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:10 am

Chris nodded at Shikon in affirmation of what he'd said about getting ready as well as the tunnels beneath the mansion. It was refreshing to Chris to know that they didn't have to risk going out onto the street so they'd be noticed by the MRD that had taken control of New York City. "Sounds like a plan. I'll keep an eye out for you." He turned around and looked ahead in the distance, reaching out with his power to estimate the distance between the convoy approaching and the mansion. Shikon had been correct: he could move faster if he so chose to. In fact, he could travel in the electrical lines around the city, but doing so wouldn't do anything to help Shikon or Lakai and so he chose not to do so.

Instead, he waited patiently until Shikon came back and motioned for him to come inside. Once in the door, Chris closed it behind him and locked it then concentrated a small stream of electricity into the lock, effectively welding it in that position. It wouldn't stop the MRD, but could buy them time if necessary. Afterward, he followed down to the basement, following the same practice from the front door on every door he encountered as a precaution.

He glanced over at Lakai with a furrowed brow occasionally; not from anger, but from concern. He could feel the electrical receptors in her brain going crazy as if it was a hornet's nest that had recently been kicked. Whatever was going on with her, it didn't seem good. Finally, he turned his attention back to Shikon. "It's probably a good idea to toss your phones so they can't track us down. We can't risk them knowing where we're heading. I've already left mine at the X-Mansion."
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content



PostSubject: Re: A Call to Arms (R)   

Back to top Go down
 

A Call to Arms (R)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» League of Legends, "Call to Arms" (Silver Age)
» Call to Arms [Pirate/Revolutionary Event]
» Should i call my girlfriend after a fight?
» I CALL UPON THE POWER OF THUNDER! (tag: Morgana, Calamity)
» A Close Call (For Syl, but others are welcome)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World of Mutants :: Archives :: Posts-
WOM Chat