X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompletecreature of the night (rated r )

more_horiz
(I read up and caught up to your storylines. Hope its okay i just jumped in)

Rixon used the tunnels to travel and sometimes slept down here. He was counting out his newest winnings from hustling people at pool. He heard footsteps and looked around the corner. "Eyo boyos and lass. Whater'ya doin down here? Not a safe place i would think. Ye girl okay thar?" The gothy young man took account of the two young men and the one carrying a girl. Something didn't seem right about them. Though it could be that they were people in a tunnel under new york. 

descriptionCompleteRe: creature of the night (rated r )

more_horiz
Chris remained silent for a ways into the tunnel, occasionally glancing over at Shikon and Lakai to ensure her condition hadn't worsened though he felt that, had that been the case, Shikon would have made it a point to stop their progress already. Rather than chit chat, the mutant kept his senses open, using his power to feel through the tunnels as they walked for bioelectricity as to not be snuck up on by anyone, especially the MRD. He felt the electric signature of another person in the tunnels and narrowed his eyes as they kept walking, not surprised when the young man spoke to them, causing Chris to stop his advance and turn his attention to him.

"Perhaps not," he stated in return, "but you seem to manage just fine down here and it's far safer than traveling on the streets above." The lighting in the tunnels wasn't the best and was just enough to see where one was going without stepping into a wall, but as for making out details, it was nigh impossible. Whomever the guy was, Chris wasn't looking for another fight and he suspected that Shikon wasn't either given Lakai's condition, though they couldn't risk a human knowing they came through there, either.

His gaze shifted to Lakai then back to the young man, "she'll be fine. We're just on our way out to get her some help from friends elsewhere."

more_horiz
Rixon tipped his head like a bird studying them. His senses were telling him they were very different. He was putting the pieces together. They were hiding in the tunnels. The only danger on the streets above right now were for mutants. The mrd was everywhere. Patrolling everything. Scanning everyone they came across. 

He put his money away and something fluttered under the back of his black hoodie. "If yurn running from the mrd then yurn best bet is out of the city. They are scannin everyone now." The young man had a thick irish accent. 

more_horiz
(Shikon cant post much with a broken hand so we may have to fill him in later.)

Lakai was resting comfortably on shikon's back. The heat he always seemed to be radiating was nice down here. Specially since she was in booty shorts and a tshirt. 

She was trying to ignore the hallucination of her mother following them and talking to her when she smelled something. It smelled like a bird but also a person.

She peeked around shikon with a lazy grin and giggled. "Lucky charms is like us. One of us. One of us. Hes a bird. Tweet tweet!""

more_horiz
Chris listened to his words and simply shook his head slightly with a knowing smirk. MRD was after them specifically anyway and they wouldn't have to worry about being scanned because their pictures were likely plastered all over every MRD officer's wall above their bed. Aside from that, scanners were useless when they didn't operate and Chris could easily wreck havoc with the small electronic devices that also gave away MRD's presence making it impossible for them to get the drop on him.

When Lakai spoke up, indicating that the young man was a fellow mutant, Chris smiled softly at her. "That sense of smell of yours is truly a gift, Lakai. I may have underestimated you." He then turned his attention back to the young man.

"So you're one of us, then," he stated plainly, "and judging from Lakai's words, I can safely presume you are able to fly with wings. That's impressive. But you, yourself are in danger. We're heading out of New York and south to regroup. Then we're going to take the fight to MRD and show them why mutants will never lay down and give up to human activists. You're welcome to join us, of course. I'm sure being with your own kind so you can be yourself would be far better than living in a sewer beneath one of the most populated cities in the world."

more_horiz
Rixon flicked his lip ring about with his tongue and smiled a toothy smile at the group. " Clever girl ya got there. I am a mutant as she says. And yes. I have wings." He spread out his arms with a dramatic flurish  and let his wings expand through slits in the back of his hoodie. A wingspan of 13 feet of wings covered in feathers stretched across the tunnel. " And before you ask. Yes i can fly. Fight the MRD? Sounds fun. Count me in boyo. I guess i get to go south like my winged brotheren eh?" He laughed heartily and put his wings again and winked at Lakai. She was kinda cute. 

more_horiz
"Thank you sparky. You're so sweet. To bad you're tied down to a baby mamma. We coulda hooked up. If she doesnt live through all this then mayyybeee!" She giggled both at what she said and at rixon winking at her. Shikon was her boyfriend but she could still flirt. Flirting was very useful in its own way. She nuzzled her face against shikon's back and went back to muttering to herself. 

more_horiz
Shikon kept quiet through the whole exchange. Never once did he utter a word. He merely sized up the new mutant. Shikon looked him up and down, taking in weight, height, muscle build, all of it. even the wingspan. Needless to say, he wasn't impressed. Shikon made a slight growl at the new mutant. Right now all he could trust was Lakai and Chris. His body heated up.

He felt Lakai nuzzle against his back, and he calmed down a bit. Shikon pushed past the mutant continuing on his path forward, as he passed the mutant he smirked and spoke quietly knowing the new mutant and Lakai would hear thanks to her hearing. "Touch her, and I'll rip those wings off your back, and then make you watch while I burn them." Lakai was his, no one else's.

more_horiz
Chris watched as the mutant spread his wings. He'd never personally encountered a mutant that was able to fly in such a way and had only heard of them in books or from other mutants. While the wings were a sight to behold, it did occur to Chris that the young man didn't have talons or any other form of weaponized mutation so frontlines were not an option, though if they had to evacuate another mutant from the facility, he would be a good candidate for such things. There was also the possibility of arming him with conventional weapons to reign down fire from above which could catch MRD off guard. Possibilities were endless with the newcomer and the electrical mutant intended to make use of it.

He nodded at his words. "Not simply fighting, though. We're going to destroy the MRD and that facility and release the mutants held there. They've made this personal and it's high time we put a stop to their butchering research on our kind. My name is Chris, by the way. This is Lakai and Shikon." Chris then turned and glanced at Lakai, shaking his head though finding himself grinning softly. Ever since he'd met her, she'd flirted or come on to him in some way but they both knew nothing was ever going to happen. He didn't even have to worry about Shikon being upset because of the same reasons. He loved Arabella and Claire far too much to turn his back on them, and respected Shikon far too much to even think of such things. On top of that, Loika would likely bite a chunk out of his ass to boot.

As Shikon pushed forward, so did Chris. They couldn't stop for too long either way and had to keep on the move. Moving past Rixon, he motioned with his head for him to follow. As he moved up beside Shikon, he glanced over at he and Lakai. "There may be time to recruit another. Do either of you know of potentials we could bring along on our way out of the city? Or shall we keep moving on? Any other mutants left behing will have to fend for themselves. We can't return to New York until that MRD facility and those Sentinels are in ruins."

more_horiz
"Flattered boyo but Rixon doesn't do crazy. I'm a free range bird. Nice for the thought though. I haven't seen anyone else in weeks. Most smart mutants took off when the fancy school was hit. I have none to go so i live down here. 

He briefly checked out Lakai's piggyback booty then jogged to catch up to Chris. "No one wakes up one day and decides oiy I'll go tussel me a mrd today! There's a reason. Pretty girl or dead loved one you need to avenge?" 

more_horiz
Violetta was stuck. She didn't want or need Jean-Paul's help and the MRD had really amped up security measures in her area of the red light district and in the spots where her dealers would sell, she had no options left then to get out of the city that never sleeps. She could've made a run for it but she wasn't going to risk being caught and she could only go so fast for so long so it was time to go back to her old way of moving around the city, the tunnels.

She hated the smell of this place but the faster she went the faster she could get out of here, her hair was pulled up into a ponytail and she was dressed in a pair of waist high shorts and a loose fitting, low cut crop top that read "More Issues than Vogue" across the chest, her leopard print bra popping every now and then, as for foot wear, she was stuck in a pair of black wedge heels, this was the most normal and comfortable outfit she had in her closest it was also the easiest for her to run in. She'd be out of her in no time.

The moment she hit the ground of the tunnels she took off like a bullet, taking sharp turns around corners and navigating her way around here like a pro, or at least until she came face to face with a stone wall. "God dammit!" She cursed as she sat on the ground. She stood up muttering a string of curses as she stood up, when she turned around to set back on course she was a little more than surprised to see more people down there, however she ended up recognizing one of them. So maybe her getting her shorts a little dirty and breaking the heel of her wedge wasn't a bad thing "Holy hell! Chris is that you?! It's Vixen! Ya know the call girl you took in off of 3rd street and I told you to tighten my cuffs because I like it rough!?"  She grinned like the Cheshire cat. "Look I need to get out of here and I don't remember this place as well as I thought I did."

more_horiz
Chris kept his eyes focused on what was ahead of them and his senses sharp. His power allowed him to feel even the bioelectricity of the numerous rats running through the sewer, though they were far from a threat to him or the other mutants with him. When Rixon caught up to him, the mutant glanced over at him to acknowledge his presence, then focused forward and chuckled at his words softly.

"Survival," he replied matter of factly then looked over to him once more. "I was at that fancy school when it was attacked. I escaped from the MRD detention facility and I know what Isaac Petkov plans for our kind. Let's just say I'm not planning to let his Sentinels kill us all. None of us are safe until that facility and research is destroyed and our fellow mutants are released."

He saw no reason in going into detail about his brother or Arabella and Claire to Rixon at that moment. While he was a mutant and had agreed to come along, Chris didn't fully trust him with that information yet though he seemed decent enough. Aside from that, it wasn't the time or place to go into great detail about his motivations for wanting to see MRD in ruins; once they were in a safer place outside of New York, he would think about telling him more. It was then he felt a change in the air, an electrical current that was larger than the rats prompting him to stop and turn, bringing a hand up to signal the others to stop.

The mutant narrowed his eyes ahead as small sparks of electricity formed on his hands in preparation for possible attack only to see someone walk into a wall ahead of them and curse. This made Chris furrow his brows in confusion for a moment up until she spoke up and came near enough so that he could recognize her as the prostitute he'd arrested months back. He dissipated the electricity and sighed softly. "None of that matters - I'm not a cop anymore. You see, this is what we've been forced into: cowering like rodents." He went silent for a moment then cast a glance at Lakai and Shikon before turning back to Violetta. "Guess we have our additional mutant. Come on. Let's get out of this city and get ready to take the fight to the ones that forced us into hiding."

more_horiz
Lakai's head suddenly jerked up and she scrambled off of shikon's back. She let out a loud wail and pressed herself against the wall of the tunnel. She covered her ears with her hands like whatever she was hearing in her head was way too loud. 

Her head popped back up and she glared at Violetta. "Shes bad so very bad. Already down the rabbit hole! No turning back now! I can smell the bad on her. Bad bad girl its like poison. Shes poisoned poisoned like lakai. Lakai is bad. Bad girl. Sleep in the barn. Sleep in the barn all because she didnt brush her hair!" She sat crouched against the wall and tapping her bare toes. 

more_horiz
Shikon was startled for a few reasons. The first was some random woman appearing from what seemed like nowhere. The second was Lakai jumping off his back and yelling. Shikon instinctively dropped into a crouch; his arms set ablaze lighting the whole tunnel for about the distance you could throw a rock. When he realized there was no danger he extinguished the flames on his arms and went to pick up Lakai.

Shikon cradled her in his arms, mumbling soft sweet things in her ear to calm her down. "Lets keep moving." He took a few steps past the newcomer. "There's only one rule around here. You come with us, make yourself useful." He turned the feather boy and stared him down. "Same goes to you. Now lets get going before they start searching the tunnels like protocol." Shikon continued to walk down the tunnel. After a few yards he set Lakai down. He looked down the tunnel as far as he could see. He tossed a fireball all the way down the tunnel until it burned out. Quickly he looked at Chris. "About how fast do you think we could move?"

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum