X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteRunning To Safety (PG-13)

more_horiz
Music blaring in Peter's ears, he made his to Danger Room. Nothing to do, Peter decided to break a little sweat in the training room. "How can you see into my eyes like an open door." he sang on his way there. But when he got there he saw wolf shaped person flying around. It wasn't Jeff because he wasn't as small as the wolf he saw behind the glass. LOIKA! Every fiber of his being screamed to be let into the room, but then he remember what Loika told him earlier, he had to get Mackenzie to safety. But he couldn't watch that creep he heard about in the news hurting Loika. Peter was so torn with a decision of what to do. Help Loika and put Mackie in danger or help Mackie and leave Loika to...he couldn't bring himself to think that.

Loika was the toughest woman he has ever met and so he remembered the promise he made to Loika. He hated to leave Loika but Peter had to save Mackie. He put his earbuds back and took off toward Mackie's room. An epic song came on from his playlist which made him run even faster upstairs. Once he reached the room, he breathed sigh of relief. She was running out around the corner. He still couldn't believe how much she grew. Peter gently picked her up and looked at her, smiling as if nothing happened. "Hey mackie, sweetheart. We are going to take a trip to see your grandpa. OK?" he said sweetly as he made sure she was safe and then made his way to Loika Room.

Opening her door, he went straight for her closet where she said Mackie's things would be. Grabbing her bag and throwing it over his shoulder, Peter ran to garage. He placed Mackie in the back seat with a special baby sit and buckled her up. Then he jumped behind a wheel. He really hopped Mackie wasn't going to ask questions.

descriptionCompleteRe: Running To Safety (PG-13)

more_horiz
Mackenzie sat up when daddy walked into her room. She already knew why he was here. It was time to go to grampa's house. She obediently listened to daddy and followed him to mommy's room were he got her special backpack.

She didnt speak until daddy put her in the carseat in the car. She knew daddy was worried about how fast she was growing and he was more worried about mommy. " Mommy said it was okay. Mommy said she was gunna be fine." She hugged Mr. Boots and kissed him on the nose. " Mommy isnt going to be fine is she...The bad man was thinking bad things. Is mommy gunna die?" She said almost emotionless. Mackie had a hard time speaking out loud. She didnt like it. She was still learning how to talk but she preferred using her mind. When she did talk it was hard for her to express the correct emotion.

more_horiz
Peter put keys in the ignition and started her up. The car wasn't his, but he didn't care anymore. He had to get Mackie out of harms way. He wasn't going to sacrifice some stupid car for his daughter's safety. Peter watched as garage was opening up. Once it did, he pressed on a gas pedal and car began to move forward. Only Loika and Peter, and probably Lakai, since she was her sister knew where her dad lived and he was going there. He did hopped that Loika would never tell him where he was. She would be putting both of them in danger and her dad including.

The front gates were already open and Peter slowed down a bit as he turned left. He was so scared for Mackenzie and her mother, Loika. But he knew that someday this tyrant would be gone and they could be in peace again. Then, the questions poured in. "Mommy is going to be alright. She's the toughest cookie I have ever met. She's not going to die..." said Peter. "Not as long as I have living breath in my lungs." he muttered the last words. Peter made his way onto the straight road and stopped at the light stop as it turned red.

more_horiz
" What if you die daddy? Who will save mommy? Everyone dies. Even i will die." She tucked Mr Boots into the carseat with her and rested her head back in the seat. She watched daddy in the mirror, trying to read his expression. She could already read in his mind that he was worried.

She had only met her grandfather once when she was first born. It had been a long time. She wiggles her toes. She had socks on but daddy had forgotten to put shoes on her. " Daddy? What is grampa gunna say when he sees how big i am?"

more_horiz
As Peter's car passed by, Ray ignited his car. Ray accelerated immediately and got close to Peter. Ray banged his car on Peter's car and tried to throw him off the road. Ray took out a glock and shot at Peter's car. "I'l fucking kill you!"

more_horiz
Peter looked at the mirror in a car and saw Mackie and her toy. He was worried about both of them and what will happen at Loika's dad house. What if they find her there? The human father stands no chance against them. The light turned green and peter made his way onto the high way. They had a long drive ahead of them, but Peter was going to get Mackie to safety. He heard the girl speak again. "I won't die honey," he smiled at her to reassure her everything is going to be alright. "That's true sweetheart. Someday everyone will have to part ways with this world. But you are so young, you can't possibly think about death yet. When your gramps, your mama's father asks you. We'll tell him it's your genetics. He'll have to believe it. You are one of our kind after all."

A sudden hit in a rear, shook Peter to jolting awake. For a moment he forgot that he was in danger. Since the man was behind him, he knew Loika has been captured. "MACKIE GET DOWN AND STAY DOWN!" he yelled. The bullet flew by as Peter ducked low enough to avoid getting hit but enough to see the road. He slammed on his gas pedal as he entered the highway.

more_horiz
Ray followed Peter into the highway. He kept shooting his gun, until he hitted the back window of Peter's car. Ray's car got out of control and he jumped into the road. His car was completely destroyed. Ray looked as Peter and Mackie ran away. "Fuck, Fuck, Fucking dammit."

Last edited by Ray Levine on Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Mackenzie ducked when daddy yelled. She could only get so low though since she was in her carseat. She put Mr. Boots on her head and cried when the gunshots flew through the car. The noise hurt her ears really bad. She wanted the bad man to go away.

She sent a shockwave of emotion out around them, telling the man to drive away from them. She didnt have as much control of her power as she should, so instead of directing her thought at just the bad man it struck the other drivers around them. Cars were veering into other lanes and wrecking with other cars.

more_horiz
Peter looked through the rear window in his car and saw bullets flying again. He wasn't taking any chances. He could have easily undone Mackies's seat belt but it would just throw her around the car and he couldn't for that to happen. When the bullets entered the car through back window, Peter raised his hand and stopped the bullets in mid air, as he continued driving, he sent those bullets back through the window and out. Then he quickly looked at Mackie. "Are you alright, sweetie?" he asked very worried now. Some lunatic was shooting at the toddler in a car. Well it wasn't going to work. Not as long as Peter was alive.

He watched as the car behind him slid off the highway, but he wasn't relaxing yet. Now there were cars piled up in front of them. He swiped his arm to the sides, as he let go of the steering wheel for a while and moved the cars aside to make a way for them. "Mackie, continue staying down. Don't get up, baby. We don't know if that man is still after us."

Juno Reactor - Mona Lisa OverDrive by MuteSong

more_horiz
Ray was not about to give up. He used his speed to catch up with Peter. When he gets side by side with him, Ray rips off the car's driver's door. He grabs his gun and points it at Peter. However, Ray is run over by a truck and the gun falls to the road. "Always the fucking trucks."

more_horiz
Mackie continued to cry. One of the bullets hit the side of her carseat. The force of the bullet knocked the carset on its side across the seat but she was otherwise unharmed. A few more inches and she would have not been so lucky. Mr. Boots fell out of her hands and tumbled to the floor of the car. " Im alright daddy! but mr boots fell down!"

more_horiz
Suddenly the truck disappeared. Ray had disintegrated it. He ran to Peter's car and entered trough one of the back doors. He was sitting next to Mackie. "Hi Mackie, say goodbye to the toy" Ray grabbed Mr.Boots and threw him to the side of the road. Ray reveals a second gun and points it at Mackie's head. "Do what I want or she dies!"

Last edited by Ray Levine on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 am; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
"It's alright honey, we'll pick Mr. Boots later. Just sit tight for a moment," said Peter as he watched some strange man trying to kill Peter and cause an accident. He had to get out, when a gun was pointed at him, Peter knew he could stop it, but before he could react, he swerved out of the way and left the man behind. The car door to the right side was ripped off and Peter used his powers to bring it back and seal it. The guy he faced was a mutant as well. He has never met a human who could rip the metal out as fast as that man did. Peter hated to do this, but as he passed many cars, he disabled them and they were stopped in a middle of the highway, some even crashed. Maybe it would slow down their pursuer.

But as soon as Mackie screamed for him, Peter looked back and saw a man pointing gun at Mackie, not a nice thing to do with a toddler in a car. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. It's not safe..." as Peter was talking he began to force the gun against a guys head and pulled the safety off. The gun clicked. "If I were you, I'd pick that toy of my daughter's and get the hell outta the car. Or else there will be blood and guts all over the window. And I'd sure like to avoid my daughter seeing that." said Peter as he kept on driving, now going up to 100 miles per hour.

Last edited by Peter Jackson on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Mackenzie screamed when the bad man threw Mr Boots out of the car. Mr Boots was her best friend in the whole entire world and he was her first stuffed animal. She couldnt even sleep without him. Mackenzie yelled when the man pointed a gun at her, " DADDY!" Mackenzie closed her eyes and sent out a wave of telepathic pain at the bad man who pointed a gun at her. Daddy would keep her safe and stop the bullets. She didnt dare open her eyes until daddy said it was safe. Where was mommy? Why wasnt she here?

more_horiz
"You're funny, funnyman." Ray disintegrated the gun and then looked at Peter. "Stop the car, or I'l make her disappear." Ray had his hands near Mackie's head. "Stop the damn, car."

Ray had no idea if his powers would be turned off suddenly, but he had to take the opportunity.

more_horiz
Peter began to slow down, he had to take Mackie's safety with seriousness. He didn't know the full extent of the man's powers, but so far he made a gun turn into a pile of powder. He could easily do the same thing to Mackie and Peter couldn't for that to happen. He was now going 50 miles per hour...45...40....35...30...Peter pulled over to the shoulder of the highway and came to a complete stop. "You won't get away with this, you hear me?" said Peter. There is so much he wanted to tell this man but he didn't want Mackenzie hear all those things as well. "Just take it easy, alright?"

OOC: By enlarging your font, you still do not meet the post requirements.

more_horiz
Mackenzie was still wailing in her carseat which was still tipped sideways on the seat. She cried in high pitched tones with her hands still covering her eyes. " M-m-mr boooooots!" she bawled over the now missing stuffed cat.

She slowly lowered her hands and stared up at the man with her piercing ice blue eyes. Her eyebrows furrowed into a frown. " Stop pointing that gun at me right now. And go get Mr Boots." She commanded in his head. Mackenzie was a telepath but she could also influence thoughts and actions.

more_horiz
Ray's mind was so confused it didn't understand Mackie's order. As Peter stopped the car, Ray pushed Mackie out. He was holding her, as Peter stepped out of the car. "If you try anything stupid, I't turn your little girl into ashes." Ray started to think that killing a little girl might not be the way to go. He let Mackie go.

"If my master wants a kid dead, he's an heartless bastard." Suddenly, Ray started to feel dizzy, and fell to the floor. "Take Mackie away." His powers started to wanna come out, and Ray started to become unstable.

more_horiz
Once the man let go of Mackie, Peter teleported to her and picked her up as he teleported out of the highway. He'll have to find Mr. Boots later for her. He needed to get her to her grandpa's. Since the man was in some sort of shock trance thingym, Peter didn't care he had to get out. Appearing in a farm looking land, Peter set Mackenzie down and looked around. This seemed like a right place, but he wasn't sure if it was. Then, he saw some horses and that's where he went. Maybe he was in a right place after all. "Now, Mackie whatever happens, do not leave this place. I don't think the bad man knows you are here and I don't think he will be looking for you here." said Peter, holding her hand as they walked. "And keep your gramps safe too. He's not as special as you are." he smiled at the toddler.

more_horiz
Because of his powers being artificial, Ray was slowly imploding. This was due to his human genes were not able to contain the mutant genes. "Ahhhhhh". Suddenly, his pain stopped. Ray decided it was best if he visited his master and asked him what was going on. He looked back to see if Peter and Mackie were still there. But, they had already vanished. Ray departed, so he could go meet his master.

more_horiz
" I want mommy. Wheres mommy? Why did the bad man do that?" She continued her questions until an older man walked up to them. Then she wrapped her small arms around daddy's neck and hid her face in his shoulder.

An older gentleman walked up to them. He was maybe in his 40's. He wore jeans, a carheart jacket, and a confussed expression. He hung the halters he was carrying on a fence post and walked up to peter, offering him a hanshake. He had met the young man a couple of times before. Last he knew the young man was dating his daughter. He liked this one better than the last one.

" Hello... Peter is it? Long time no see." He noticed Loika nor Lakai was with him. He knew Lakai despised the boy so that was no surprise. " So ah... where is Loika? and the baby? has there been some kind of trouble?" It was like something hit him with a sledge hammer because his facial expression turned to one of pain. " Oh god... no... please tell me they arent-"

Mackenzie lifted her head from Daddy's shoulder. she must have looked a mess with being covered in dirt and having ripped clothes. She laid her head on daddy's shoulder again but this time so she could look at the older man. She whispered to daddy, " Granfather thinks me and mommy are dead. Hes very sad."

more_horiz
Peter continued walking. "Mommy is going to meet us here," said Peter as he approached an older gentlemen in his 40s. Peter shook his hand and smiled as best as he could, as to not worry the man. "Hello, Mr. Faelith, indeed it has been long time." said Peter. He decided he would lie to him about anything he asked. He couldn't let him know the truth yet. It wasn't the time. If Peter let him know now, than Mr. Faelith would focus on is his daughter, and he needed him to watch Mackie.

"This is Mackie...the baby. Recently, her genes have changed and she has been growing unbelievably fast. Soon, she won't be our little girl anymore." joked Peter, trying to get his mind on something positive. "Ah, er...about Loika...she said she'll meet you here later, she had to fill in for someone at work and so she'll be back later tonight. But don't worry, I'll get her here myself safely." he smiled again, looking down at Mackie.

"Mr. Andrews have called me to help him with something very important and secret and so I couldn't find anyone to watch Mackie. Would you...be able to watch her for a short time? I'll be back for her tomorrow morning."

more_horiz
Mackenzie clung to her father. She knew he was lying. She had seen the bad man take mommy. If daddy was lying it had to be for a good reason. She peeked at grandfather. She liked him. He was nice and his thoughts were always soothing.

Her grandfather reached out for her. She gave daddy a big kiss before she went to her grandfather. He took her in his arms and kissed her on the head. Daniel wasnt stupid. He knew Mackie was here for safety but he wasnt going to push it. "take your time son. You and the girls are always welcome here no matter what. Ill keep our little lady here busy till you get back." he looked knowingly at peter. He had a sense shit was about to hit the fan.

Mackenzie waved to daddy from grandfather's arms. "ill stay here daddy till you and mommy come back daddy. Ill be good girl. I love u daddy."

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum