X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteBiology 101 (PG)

more_horiz
One Ororo Munroe sat demurely behind her desk at the front of the classroom. The whiteboard behind her was blank, but upon each desk was a book, and covering it was a typed paper.
It started with saying Welcome, and stating the name her students would be expected to refer to her with. Miss Munroe.

The note went on to give a simple outline of the nine week course, going into detail to explain they would learn about cell biology and genetics.
Storm decided the best place to start teaching biology was to start at the beginning.. the living cell.

She sat and quietly read through the premise of the textbook which she would be using for a reference as students began to enter and fill up the empty seats.

descriptionCompleteRe: Biology 101 (PG)

more_horiz
Peter rubbed his tired eyes as he lazily bit into a muffin which made to much mess and produced to many crumbs. His eyes had trouble of staying open. He just wanted to get to a seat and slumber down to sleep like he was just thirty minutes ago. But there was something odd about this class. He has never seen the lady with white hair before. She was in some way very different from any other teacher he has ever came across. Grumbling to himself, "I liked it better when there were no classes" said Peter as he approached a desk and dropped down, putting his head down. He hated to be the first one all the time, but he didn't care. All he wanted was to go back to sleep.

more_horiz
Loika trudged into class and slipped into a seat next to Peter and dropped her lucky pack on the floor. She was dressed in her normal outfit minus the shoes. She had just gotten back from walking Mackie to school and afterwards had stuffed her shoes into her backpack. She hated wearing shoes. She laid her head on peter and mumbled, " Morning.."

more_horiz
Peter looked up at Loika, and then dropped his head again. "Hey, Loika." muffled Peter through his clothes. He didn't want to do anything. Peter felt something under his hand, it was a paper. He sat up and picked up the paper, studying it. "Miss Munroe...eh?" he studied it a bit further. He wasn't missing anything, but 9 week plan for a class. Peter folded the paper and put his head on his arms again.

more_horiz
"Yes, Mr. Jackson?"
Apparently having studied up on her young mutant audience, the aforementioned Ms. Munroe tilted her head up and glanced at Peter.
"I would like to keep this classroom mutually respectful. Outside of this class you can refer to me as Ms. Munroe, Ororo, or Storm."
She gave the teenage boy a friendly smile, then looked to the brunette girl leaning on him.
"and Miss Faelith? I don't mind if you choose not to cover your feet, but I will ask the two of you to keep your P.D.A. to a minimum."

more_horiz
Loika looked up at Storm and narrowed her eyes at her. " You're my teacher not my mom. I aint doin anything and i aint botherin your class... Stormy." She added the last part on grouchily. She didnt like be ordered around by anyone. class was pretty much the only time she had around Peter anymore.

more_horiz
Peter looked up when the teacher responded. The funny part was, he wasn't calling her out, Peter was just saying her name. And as far as he knew there was nothing strange about that lady. He actually wanted to be friends with some of the teachers. But ultimately they were all friends anyway.

"Sorry, ma'am...I was just seeing how to pronounce your name." said Peter as he raised his head again and looked at her. When Ms. Munroe zoomed in on Loika and told her to keep the PDA to a minimum, Peter chuckled out loud. How did she know they were couple? He then placed his hand on Loika's shoulder. "I wouldn't piss her off before you get to know her, Loika. Just sayin'"

more_horiz
Natasha walked into the room and she could feel the tension in the room. She glanced at the couple already there before taking her own seat and nodding respectfully to Storm. She remembered Storm from her own time at the school. She had been a student at Xaviers when it exploded. Jason had brought her back from the past to help with another student and now she was staying here. She felt alone at the new school, knowing only Jason, storm, and logan. She knew no one her own age.

more_horiz
Smiling at the quiet blonde who took a seat, Oro then glanced around the room and decided there were enough desks filled to start the lesson. Standing up from her desk, she walked around to stand in front of it and face the class.

"Hello, ladies and gentleman. For those of you who don't know me already, in this classroom you'll know me as Miss Munroe; and this is Biology 101."
Picking up a copy of the class outline, she glanced down at it briefly.
"As you can see, I have divided the course into two sections. Section A will introduce you to cells, cell theory, and the molecular and structural organizations of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. Other topics to be covered under Section A include cell division, nucleic acids, and colloidal systems such as enzyme kinetics and metabolisms."

Halting it there, Storm scanned the faces around the room to see how many lost looks she was getting.
"Does anyone understand a word I said?"
She picked someone not-so-randomly from the line up of students.
"Miss Faelith. Do you know what a eukaryotic cell is?"

more_horiz
loika sat back in her chair and rolled her eyes at storm and gave her a very teenager ish look. " If i knew the answer, i wouldnt be in your class, now would i? Eh Stormy?" She playfully nudged Peter's foot under the table with hers. She didnt take to being bossed around well and she wasnt going to let Storm dominate her alpha wolf position.

more_horiz
Smiling in faux politeness, 'Ro leaned back on her desk, canting her head to one side.
"Then you don't happen to know everything?"
Her tone was nearly annoyingly sing-song, but still keeping an aire of friendliness to it. She could handle teenagers giving her crap. Storm came in expecting it, as a matter of fact.
"That attitude of yours could have fooled me..!" She chortled, glancing down at the textbook.
Brushing the wrinkles out of her black dress-slacks, Ororo stood straight again.
"Then tune those ears in, and stop playing footsie, because I will be quizzing you all tomorrow!"

Turning away from the class to write on the white-board with a green marker, she made a list while speaking.
"Prokaryotic cells do not have a nucleus and Eukaryotic cells do.
Prokaryotic cells lack some organelles and Eukaryotic cells do not.
Prokaryotic cells are not found in humans and Eukaryotic cells are.
Prokaryotic cells are always unicellular and Eukaryotic cells are often multicellular.
Prokaryotic cells reproduce/divide by binary fission and Eukaryotic cells reproduce/divide by mitosis/meiosis..."

Capping the marker, she turned around to face the class again, smiling at those who were still looking up and paying attention.
"In short- Prokaryotic cells are primitive. Tomorrow, I'll tell you how some cells have become even more developed. This is the part where you'll want to pay attention, if you're curious to know what makes you different in the unique and special ways we are."

more_horiz
Quiz? Quiz? Was the lady out of her damn mind? They just started the section. They couldn't possibly have memorized all the information in the lesson by tomorrow. Peter was little shocked by what he heard. "Eh, Ms. Munroe, I don't think you understand. This is our first Biology lesson. We can't possibly remember all which was said in one class period. This is little more then unfair." said Peter as he pulled away from Loika. "Will you stop it?" asked Peter, fired up about the quiz. He wasn't ready and he hated being tested.

more_horiz
Seeing Peter get all bent out of shape about a quiz put a little glimmer in Storm's eyes. At least something was sinking in..
"Then I suggest you start taking some notes. This will be a good way to find out our learning curve. You are all bright young people, and although some of you likely never got the chance to attend a conventional school, that doesn't mean we need to lower our standards."
Ororo was one such case, but not because of being a mutant.. Orphan theives didn't get proper schooling either. Everything she learned was a matter of survival.
Only years after Xavier took her in and taught her the true value of the power of one's mind did she take to such advanced subjects as Biology and Botany, and swear it as her duty to keep gifted children from ending up naive urchins, such as herself.
Storm smiled, barely sitting on the surface of her desk.
"There is no failing, in my class. All of you have something to learn here.. and who knows, you might even find some of this useful."

more_horiz
" Screw you and your quizzes. Screw all of this. I dont have to take this from you or anyone else." Loika barely glances at Peter as she jammed her pencil and notepad into her backpack. She was in a pissy mood now and like hell she was going to take a quiz from this power hungry bitch. Without another word she left the classroom. She felt sorry for anyone who tried to stop her.

more_horiz
Peter watched as Loika was packing up and storming out of the room. This happened on more then one occasion and frankly was becoming somewhat of a nuisance. She couldn't just leave the classroom because someone didn't agree with her or told her to to do something. Peter stood up and teleported in front of Loika before she could completely run away. "Loika, stop!" said Peter, looking at her with frowny face."You can't keep doing this. You can't just leave the class if something doesn't go your way. I am sorry if I have rejected, but unlike you probably I don't want to fail. Besides, you don't have to be a jerk to her." said Peter, assuming Loika would understand whom Peter called 'her'.

more_horiz
" If you like HER so much how about you sleep in HER bed tonight? I'll do what i want. You arent the boss of me, i dont belong to you. Im not your wife. She isnt my boss either." She tried to step around him. " If you think im a looser then thats what i am. Im a big stupid looser. Now move." She really wanted to take off for the woods. Her animal side seemed more soothed there. Here it just felt cooped up. No one would be able to understand that.

more_horiz
"Goddamn Loika," said Peter as he looked at her. "I didn't say I liked her, but you are being fucking unreasonable. She's just doing her job. Why can't you understand that?" Peter felt as if talking to Loika under these conditions was useless. She was never going to listen to Peter. "Why the hell everytime you faced with a problem,you run away rather then facing it head on. You can't run away from your issues all the times. So, just stop being whinner and come back with me to class. I am not moving until you decide to come with me. Trust me, I'll drag you against your will, if you refuse."

more_horiz
Loika snorted in anger and looked towards the direction of the woods. For a fraction of a second she calculated if she could outrun him. Then she did something unexpected. She actually listened to Peter for once. She scowled at him and shoved her backpack into his arms roughly before she walked back into the classroom. He may have made her come back but she wasnt going to act happy about it. She sat in her seat roughly with her arms crossed.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum