World of Mutants

You are viewing forum as a guest. Register to see all sections, all the cool people do it.

World of Mutants

Mutants are not the ones mankind should fear. - Dr. Jean Gray

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
WELCOME TO WORLD OF MUTANTS!
Create your character HERE
Claim your celebrity HERE
Greet other students like yourself HERE
Pick your character's power HERE
Current plot
Many years ago Xavier's school for gifted mutants was attacked. It was left in ruin. Teachers and students abandoned it with no hope of returning to it for sanctuary...

Years later a professor named Jason Andrews returned life to the school's halls and rebuilt its walls. Students have once again come to learn at the school in safety.

Many other mutants aren't quite so lucky. Some still remain hidden in the shadows and some within factions like the brotherhood are left leaderless.
Staff

Loika Faelith

Share | .

Queen in the Dark

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Queen in the Dark   Mon May 27, 2013 11:19 am

No, I'm not ready, Father, Lilina pondered in her head as she thrashed around on a hard surface. "Father, just a few more minutes," she mumbled after heaving a rather stiff object on top of her. A cough emitted from the being that was calling her, followed by a forceful kick. "Ow!" Lilina yelped as she sat upright in what looked like a mountain of trash. "Where am I?" The man refused to answer, but only pointed to a sign by the doorway. "A junkyard? Why am I here?" she asked as she stared at the man. The man, in return, only beckoned harder to the area of the sign. After a second, Lilina realized that he was referring to the doorway instead of the label. "Erm, do you know where my father has went?" Lilina asked to him as she stood up from the pile of rubbish and headed for the gate. The man gave her a simple shake of his head and shoved her through the portcullis. Well, he wasn't friendly, she thought to herself as she anticipated the loud bang of the gate. Lilina started to walk cautiously down the sidewalk when she heard a rather familiar shout. "Run!" she hissed at herself and sprinted away from the obviously angered man. Without much effort, Lilina accidentally ran into the air, and started to float along the sidewalk as she ran in the air. She didn't notice this until she was some ways ahead, and when she did, she fell right into a hole that lead under the street. Lilina checked the area where she was currently in, and was awfully afraid of what lay ahead. The sound of a sword being unsheathed from its holster made Lilina want to venture deeper into the catacomb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Mon May 27, 2013 11:46 am

Food, food, food. All the Morlocks thought about. Gavin was about to go on a scavanger hunt. He was gonna try to find fresh food, enough for everyone. He wasn't gonna let them starve. He couldn't. It was his duty to get all the suplies they needed. As Kurt would say, "You can't simply abandon them!" As Gavin made his way to a hatch that was easily opened, he heard someone fall. He unsheathed his katana, as it could be dangerous. He approached the place Lilina had fell in. As the darkness covered his body, his smile was the only thing bright. The kid wasn't a Morlock. And she was on theri territory. "So, what do we have here? You lost kiddo?" Asked Blade, coming out of the shadows. Lilina seemed innocent of anything really. Gavin didn't really think she was up to do mischief. He was just being careful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Mon May 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Lilina took a few moments to gather herself and stand upright in the dark tunnel. Even though she tried her best to stand upright, her body seemed to want the cower rather than stand confidently. "Oh, no. Well, s-sort of. This is still Sant Carles de Peralta, right? I just need a few directions and I'll be on my way home," she told him with a hint of dismal in her voice. What would she see when she returned home? For sure, her mother was probably dead, but at least her father is alive. Why did this happen to me? she thought to herself as she took a large gulp in the silence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Mon May 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Gavin flinched, when he heard her question. Sant Carles de Peralta? How far away from the place she wants to be is she? Thought Gav. Sant Carles de Peralta is a village in the north east of Ibiza, in Spain. They were in the U.S.A, in New York. She was in America, while Carles de Peralta was in Europe. He sheathed his katana onto its holder, as there was no point in it being out, as the girl was inoffensive. "I believe you are far away from the place you've mentioned. You're in New York. United States. America." Blade blunted out, in short, but clear sentences. "Do you...need any help? You're truly far from Sant Carles. Believe me, extremely far."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 pm

Lilina's mouth open in slight shock, and partial excitement. America? My mother was here once, she said it was beautiful. Where did she visit..? she thought to herself as she soaked up the man's response. "Oh," she said shortly. That was the only word that could come out of her mouth at the moment. Lilina had no idea what her next move should be since she was completely on her own now. "Erm, I- I don't know. My mother is definitely not alive, and my father is crooked, so I really do not want to go back home with him. I guess I just need somewhere to live, maybe?" Lilina told the man. Deep inside, Lilina's heart was broken from her loss and her feeling of desperation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Mon May 27, 2013 3:51 pm

"Somewhere to live huh?..." Blade asked to no one, just a random thought, pondering whatever or not to show Lilina the Morlock colony. She seemed to not be a girl looking out for trouble. And for what she said, she was possibly alone in the world. As was Blade. Gavin knew the feeling of loneliness and emptiness. Forcing someone to go through it was absolute hell. He wasn't gonna let a little girl experience the same. But he wasn't sure she was a mutant or not. How could he have trust on her. "You're...like me? With powers?" Asked Gavin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Tue May 28, 2013 1:04 am

Lilina tilted her head in contemplation of his inquiry. "Powers?" she repeated in a confused tone. "Like crazy abilities? Maybe I can- I dunno. My mother could turn people into stone, I know that. My father.. he worked with the darkness. I've never actually explored my own capabilities to find out if I could do stuff like that." Lilina spoke to the man with the honest twinkle in her eye. There was that one exception, just a few minutes ago, when Lilina hovered over the entrance to these sewers. That probably didn't count, but Lilina was bracing herself for a possible test of authenticity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Tue May 28, 2013 1:10 pm

"Hmph..." Let out Gavin. He was unimpressed with the curvy young kid. But her story did seem devious. "So, what's your name? If I'm gonna help you...I should know your name. Twinkle eyes." Said Gavin. "My name is Blade. That's all you need, and will learn about me. Understood? Now come on." Blade turned around, clicking a button on the wall, illuminating most of the path to the colony. He was, indeed, gonna take her to the other Morlocks. See what the council had to say about her. Of course, he would have the final word. Which would be Lilina staying. Since he liked the girl's face. She seemed nice, and that was a start for a good relationship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Wed May 29, 2013 10:14 am

Lilina nodded to him as he spoke. "I'm Lilina.. Lilina Ravenscroft. It's good to formally know you," she said respectfully to the older man. Lilina took a rather large swallow as she watched the man reveal a hidden pathway to his territory. It was amazing how courageous she was acting now: barely showing any sign of timidness, and now following a rather skeptical man into a cave. Nevertheless, Lilina was still grateful to be taken under someone's wing. After a hefty sigh, Lilina followed the man deeper into the tunnel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Thu May 30, 2013 3:13 pm

As Gavin went down the tunnel, he couldn't help but wonder what made a kid like Lilina be lost in the sewers? She did things about her mother and father, but it wasn't too clear. On the contrary, not knowing the whole story made Blade even more curious. "So...how did you end up here?" Asked Gav, as he jumped over a small boulder. Those rocks were always everywhere. In the distant sight of the inside of the tunnel, the colony was able to be seen. Although only slightly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Fri May 31, 2013 10:53 am

Lilina followed the madthrough the tunnel and was immediately surprised at what advanced technology was present. You'd never guess that there were people under here, she thought to herself as she squitned her eyes to see what lay before her. After a few seconds of peering, she realized that Gavin was speaking to her. "Oh, how did I end up here? I can't even remember all that well- some of the neighborhood bandits broke into our home. My mom petrified most of them, but the remaining ones managed to behead her and continued to kidnap me. It went dark after that.. then I woke up somewhere in America," she explained to Blade. It was amazing how such an independent-looking man like himself would take a gir,l who was essentially a tramp, into his territory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Fri May 31, 2013 1:53 pm

Gavin nodded, as he signaled Lilina to stop. "It's weird how you got here. Well, I wasn't exactly born here myself, so don't feel alone." He said. His thought's suddenly took over. Why the hell did I just say that? Whatever. He went down the small set of stairs, where an iron gate laid there. Waiting to be opened. Blade didn't click any button, and simply looked back at Lilina. "Hold onto me." Said Gav, extending his arms to the side. When Lilina did hold on, he would place his arms around her, and jump over the gate. The other Morlocks didn't enjoy having the gate open. They said it would expose them. Although Gavin said they could easily defend themselves, he understood their point. The world wasn't fair, and not everyone would come to help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Fri May 31, 2013 9:02 pm

Lilina could not help but smile when Blade offered a type of compassion. When they reached the gate which probably blocked the rest of the Morlock territory, Lilina's eyes widened. The complexity.. the meticulousness, she thought to herself as she eyed the gate. Lilina nodded her head and obeyed Blade's order by grabbing onto her arm. Her first expectation was to be taken deeper into the ground, but instead, Blade simply leaped over the gate. The speed of his jump caught Lilina off guard, and when they reached the other side of the gate, Lilina's body refused to make contact with the ground. This was only a reflex of Lilina; making yourself levitate before a major fall is quite useful. "Woah," she said as she floated in awe from the combined effects of Blade's hops and the Morlock district.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:29 am

As Gavin pounced on the other side with Lilina in his arms, he was quite pleased that she demonstrated her powers. Well, one of them. As he supposed there were more. Gav fell on his feet, on the ground, as he watched Lilina float. "You can come down now. The floor doesn't hurt." Said Gavin, with a little smile. Of course when he was smiling, people were never sure if he was smiling of happiness, or of inflicting pain. Maia soon came to his side, whispering on his ear, asking who the girl was. "She's a friend. And she'll be sleeping up there with you." Said Gavin, pointing up. The upper part of the sewer system. Where Kurt, Maia and Achilles usually slept. "I'll set up her tent upstairs. Now you can go." Maia nodded, and went back to Misty. Who was probably working on something. As always. Blade then turned to Lilina. "You hungry kido?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:34 pm

I don't think I know how to get down, Lilina thought to herself after Gavin informed her that it was a safe area, I'll probably get down eventually. To be polite, Lilina formally bowed her head to the multiple people she saw. "Hi, I'm Lilina, nice to meet you," she greeted the lot of them. Lilina simply shook her head at Gavin at his inquisition of her hunger; all that she really needed right now was a good rest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:20 am

Blade nodded at Lilina. If she wasn't hungry, he wouldn't make her eat. He jumped up a little, pulling her down by her leg. He figured she was having trouble coming down, or was enjoying being up there. But none the less, he needed her on the ground, so he could take her to the place she was gonna have her rest in. It might've been a little noisy at the time, but they would all soon be quiet. Morlocks weren't always bad with people, and they did respect their own. Especially, when Blade told them so.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queen in the Dark   

Back to top Go down

Queen in the Dark

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1