X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

thinking over thoughts.

descriptionCompleteRe: thinking over thoughts.

more_horiz
Loika opened her eyes but they looked cold and feral like the predator she really was inside. " He tried to kill them. Mrs Andrews was one of the people taken. My sister, a few other mutants, and a neutral named Jake taylor. I killed that sonofabitch myself." Her anger was starting to build and her body was starting to tremble again. A low growl rumbled in her chest.

more_horiz
Luna senses the change and sighs. ''I'm glad he's dead. Really am.'' She feels the anger and hears the growl rumble in her chest causing Luna to tense. ''Loika...Let's change the subject?'' She really didn't want her to shift when angry. Bad things can happen. She looks at her slightly worried.

more_horiz
Suddenly, the sounds of something crashing through the bushes came from a short distance away. A lightly-colored blur streaked out of the trees, running on all fours like an animal.
"WOO HOOOO!!"
A shrill screech made birds for hundreds of yards around fly as the slim cat-girl ran out of the treeline, fluidly leaping as she met the bank of the lake. Katt pulled her limbs around her unclothed body and made a tight ball before hitting the lake with a loud splash. Water erupted everywhere, some of it even flying far enough to rain on Loika as she stretched out on a rock.
After a moment, the soaking wet girl's head broke the surface of the water, and she shook her head, flopping strands of raven-black hair around, laughing.
There wasn't alot for Katt to do while Mackenzie was at school. Following Loika only yeilded any interest if the wolfy-lady was going somewhere isolated, where there weren't any humans to see her curious animal-like features.

Katt swam to the shore and shook herself off, sending water drops flying everywhere. With a big shit-eating grin, she sauntered over to the two older girls- one she recognised, and one she didn't.
Katt obviously wasn't the shy sort, however. She didn't actually require clothes, being covered in a thin sheen of fur. Wearing them for the sake of other people was still something she was getting accustomed to.

"Hiii!" She greeted them both enthusiatically, finding another sunny outcropping of rocks to perch on nearby. "Who is mum's friend? She smell funny."

more_horiz
Luna hears a Woo Hoo in the forest and tenses up, she see's a girl hit the water with a loud splash causing her to grin. She looks at her face to see it's got animal features causing her head to tilt with curiosity. ''Hi...I'm Luna Valkyrie and you are?'' She hears what she says about her smell and giggles a little. ''That's 'cause i'm an animal shifter. I shift into a lot of animals so i have the scent of them.'' She grins at the girls enthusiasm.

more_horiz
Loika's eyes slightly glowed when she was worked up or going to shift. They were glowing until she heard Katt. The glow dissapeared instantly and she seemed to relax. She shook like a dog when she was splashed. Usually she would holler, but usually it was Peter who splashed her. She hopped from her boulder to join Katt and smiled. Despite her being all wet she still gave her a hug. Katt really was like a second kid to her. " Ya know you shouldnt tell people they smell funny. If they have our senses they might think you smell funny too." She giggled and tickled Katt playfully.

more_horiz
Katt listened to Luna's explaination, her pointy ears swiveling to catch the sound of the other girl's voice before she hugged Loika and settled down happily on the rock, soaking up the sun. Whether she really understood was anyone's guess. At the jibe about her smelling funny, the girl's tail flicked, brushing against Loika's back, sending some cold water droplets cascading off.

"Katt is cat!" For most intents. She certainly smelled no different than a regular house cat, save the addition of fruity kid's shampoo. Despite her insistence that cats do not need baths, it was decided she should have one at least twice a week. A fourteen year old girl combined with the curiousity of a feline found new ways to get dirty every day.

"This Luna's new home too?" She asked of the X-student, wondering if she would see her around the school grounds more often now that they had met.

more_horiz
Luna watches the girl with pure interest and nods. ''Yeah i guess so...'' She replies. ''Nice to meet you Katt...'' She smells the air, only getting a normal cat and fruity shampoo. She wrinkles her nose a little as all the smells overwhelm her. She looks at her tail, smiling a little. ''Nice tail, Katt...'' She grins.

more_horiz
Loika laughed and squirmed when Katt got her wet again. Loika perched higher up and started combing Katt's wet hair with her fingers and separating it out to braid it. She missed the familiar scent of Mackenzie and Katt. She quietly braided Katt's hair while the girls got to know eachother. After a big meal she was getting tired.

more_horiz
Luna watches Loika braid Katt's hair but noticed she was tired. ''Loika...you look tired. I guess that happens when you have filling meal.'' She smile at her and feels her eyes shift from the electric blue that some husky's have to a calm gold like a lion. She looks at Katt taking in her cat like features from the pointy ears to the tail causing her to grin. She's never seen anything like it and it made her happy to know there are people like her here.

more_horiz
Attempting to sit as still as possible, Katt gave Luna a toothy smile.
"Tail is good outside. Not so good in the house."
With nothing but time to spare for thought while Loika was paying attention to her hair, Katt had a rare inflective moment. Her conversations were normally simple and to the point, unless it was herself and Mackenzie alone.
"Katt used to have no tail in the day. Only at night."
Catching the lazy feeling, the cat yawned and stretched as much as she could without inconveniencing Loika.
"She was like you, and mum."

more_horiz
Luna laughs a little and nods. ''Yeah i guess it isn't...'' She watches her carefully and listens to what she says. ''So...You grew your tail at night? I would've disliked that...I'd like to just be able to turn it on and off like a switch. I can do it with...some features but the others are a bit hesitant.'' She smiles slightly and watches Katt stretch making her think of an actual cat. She heard her say 'was' and she frowns. ''Was? Oh Katt...you're very much like us. You're an animal...Don't say 'was' okay. You may be different but a lot of people are...I mean i'm kinda of like Loika but we're different. You're kind of like Mackenzie or me but you're different. You're my favorite word; Unique.'' She smiles at her, telling her in a calm voice.

more_horiz
" I love you just the way you are kiddo." She finished the last of her braid and used a hair tie from her pocket to secure it. She kissed the top of her head and gave her an affectionate nuzzle. " But you are right. You have to be careful with your tail in the house. You should also be careful about making mischevious plans with Mackenzie when you have a mum with wolf hearing. Mum hears things ya know."  She tried to look stern but ended up giggling. More than once she had heard the girls playing and talking. Though Mackie was the ring leader and usually the one with the ideas.

more_horiz
"Yoo-neek." Katt echoed after Luna's explaination, apparently satisfied that it meant something good. She grinned back at Loika after she was free to move, and stretched out to a more comfortable position on the rock. The three were almost like a pride or pack, sunning and relaxing together. It was as close to a family as anything Katt could remember.
"Did mum hear plans for Wild-Boy? Hehehe."
The girls had come up with a grande scheme sure to push someone's buttons. A certain chromed-out Harley in the garage was doomed. Ribbons, stickers, and flowers were among the top choices for the redecorating of Mr. Wolverine's motorcycle.

more_horiz
Loika  raised her eyebrows at Katt. " Yes mum did hear. Mum also cant protect you from Logan's wrath if you so choose to destroy his bike. Tell Mackie to stop dragging you into her schemes." She laughed out loud. The girls were mischevious and always getting into trouble. It was like having rambunctious puppies in the house. She laid on her back on the rock to sun herself. " If wolverine asks. I knew nothing."

more_horiz
Luna watches the whole scene with a grin on her face but sadness hid behind her gold eyes. A family...one day, I hope to have one just like this. Happy...carefree..She thinks to herself. She laughs at Katt's attempt to say unique and smiles sweetly at her. She laughs at the talk of schemes and happiness filled her eyes. Yeah. A family like this would be just perfect. She looks around the area and breathes in, taking in the smells and breathes out feeling calmer already.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum