X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteAdventures, Friends, And Forts ~Pg-13~ (Luca/Gigi)

more_horiz
Lokith watched Jerry go into the control room as Victor took up doing rounds. Which really meant he was currently making Luca hot cocoa. Lokith himself watched as 'Jing' wandered around until he found his seat. Cupping his ear he held a cloth to it. Cleaning the blood off and grabbed a warm blanket. Wandering over and with skill tossed it. It fluttered through the air to drape over Luca's form from the torso down. Whether it stayed there was another story. He watched them as they slept. Moving and sat in front of Luca. Victor bringing several cases and he opened them. Inside was some high powered semi-automatic artilary. In pieces. He began to as quietly as possible assemble it. Victor leaning on a doorframe. "Yeah...we got a battle coming. My instincts say whatever this kids gunning for its big. Probably not as big as some game...but its going to be one hellava wild ride." He said with a grin.

Looking at Victor. "Don't look at me like that. You know damn well why I can't allow him to tell me what his gifts are. Even if I have my suspicions." Victor shrugged a bit. "You're in denial but your already quite fond of the bantering kitten. I get why but glad your finally waking up to the reality on Varga." He said simply.

Last edited by Lokith Stormborne on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: Adventures, Friends, And Forts ~Pg-13~ (Luca/Gigi)

more_horiz
Gigi had held onto Luca with one of his small hands fisted in the others shirt. Almost as if saying Luca was his and nobody better try to hurt him. Or take him. He probably wasn't but it almost gave that impression. Snuggling into the others presence as he liked the aura and chi around Luca. Harmonous. Soothing. Calming. Serenity. It reminded him of the buzzing voices yet calm peacefulness of the temple with the monks. When he was laid down he had let go of Luca's top. Laying with his feet on Luca's lap before in his sleep...he moved around. Curling then turned then moved so that his head was resting where his feet had been. A relaxed look hidden by the blanket that covered Luca. His tiny fist by his face. The other clutched onto the hem of Luca's top. Still fast asleep for the moment. Sounds hit his ears. Metal sounds.

more_horiz
While Luca managed to doze off for a few minutes, he was distantly aware of voices, though they sounded far away.

In a dream, he was opening his eyes to a different place.
He could see it was high in the mountains. The tops of rolling green hills were visable out of a thick fog.
Following a set of stone stairs, he reached a flattened landing with a pathway of gray marble, and trees symmetrically planted on each side. 
Ahead were more stairs, leading up to bright red and gray buildings with vaulted roofs and round windows. Golden characters, he guessed were Chinese, hung above the doors of each.

He didn't know where he was, but could feel there was a sense of peace here. Not only quiet calm where one could collect their thoughts, but a real presence of serenity. It seemed a place where time could stand still, and despite any troubles going on in the outside world, this place would remain.

Luca wanted to stay here, though he slowly became aware of something else. Snowflakes began falling, drifting soundlessly down from the sky that seemed barely over his head.
The snowflakes grew, falling faster, turning everything into a haze of white. He didn't know which way to turn or where to go. 

Where Lokith was sitting and watching Luca and Gigi sleeping, the temperature took a sharp drop. The steam from everyone's breath could easily be seen in the air, as if someone had left windows open to the chilly winter outside.

All of a sudden Luca saw a shadow within the blizzard. He went toward it, but seemed to get no closer. He started to run, and still the shadow lingered just behind a curtain of snow.

"Wait!" he tried to tell it, though it wasn't any use.

more_horiz
Lokith glanced to the boys. He had the guns assembled with military precisions. The sound of guns cocking and the barrels rolled then the safety's unlocked then locked sounding out. The guns were dismantled again then remantled. He did this with almost drilled into his head ease. It was literally beaten and drilled into him. He was not as much the trained and hardened soldier as his sister but he was more than efficent as one when he needed to be. He stood up and set them high out of reach of Luca and Gigi.

He had the safeties on and shut the case. Looking at Victor. "Bring the katanas...and some knives. Six sets of throwing stars. Three sets of kunai. We're preparing for war and while I can shoot more holes in someone with a gun tha there is in swish cheese...I'd rather stick to my blades unless we run into M.R.D. Then its open season." He said with a smile that would have sent chills down the spines of weaker men. He looked at the two boys.

Taking his coat off. He began to grab clothing as he stripped out the outfit he was wearing. Down to boxer. Sliding on a pair of black pants, a belt and a shirt. Grabbing weapon belts that weighed nothing and put them on. He looked at the kids again and shivered as the cold chill filled the air. Wondering if this was connected to Jing aka Luca but at the same time unwilling to ask.

more_horiz
In the dream

The shadow that lingered just beyond the curtain of snow led Luca deeper and deeper into the dreamworlds. Leading him fruther and further away from where Luca first opened his eyes. The further Luca chased the shadow the louder the music of traditional oriental lands began to grow. The smells of fresh rice pudding and vegetable rice ball dumplings hit the air. The sounds of the buzzing voices grew louder. The sounds of laughter hit the air. As it would feel like Luca had fell through a time warp.

A small two year old was wandering around. Holding a rubix cube that looked like it was seeing a lot of wear and tear. The shaolin monks were training him. Wooden boku sticks hit the ground at the boys feet. He back flipped or jumped to the sides. Making a face when one hit his head. Though the next he jumped onto. Continuing the training. Other students nearby were also training with various levels. The puzzle holder was soon finished as the gong sounded out indicating lunch.

more_horiz
The curtain of white permitted some sounds and smells though, and Luca followed those until he was standing in the sun again. 

Here were many people training together, swinging sticks as they moved with grace, orange robes fluttering with every motion. 

He saw the toddler who seemed to wander through the midst of things, although he was really learning something even then. The sense of cohesiveness- the thing that bound them all together, was felt very strongly by Luca, who watched them all moving in unison like water. 

For a moment he was happy and content, not afraid to be. Walking into the peice of a memory that was shared, Luca almost felt as if he had met the people who lived there. 

Luka stopped to absorb this moment as it existed in someone else's memory, he watched the temple monks at their practice and enjoyed the bright sun light, laughing and music, and appetizing smells. It felt as real as if he were there. He wanted to stay, but knew at the same time it was not the true reality of things.

more_horiz
When the gong sounded Gigi stopped what he was doing and ran over to 'Luca'. He held the puzzle up. "Xi Ping. I solved it. See? I solved it again. Can you mess it up?" He asked. Rocking back and forth as he waited. Watching Xi Ping take it. "I only got hit once today. Even when lost in my world Xi Ping." He said proudly. He looked at the man he knew as the new mentor. He'd watched Xi Ping grow up. Yet he hadn't aged much. "Time for dinner Xi Ping. Xi Zhanghe is waiting for us." he said with a respectful bow. "Come eat elyium so Gigi can eat." He pulled on the sleeve. Then moved his hand to clasp the other in front of him. Feeling a pat on his head he smiled slightly as he rocked back and forth. Looking up as he waited to be told they could go eat.

more_horiz
Luca beamed a smile at Gigi, now even smaller than he remembered. He took the Rubic's cube and moved the peices around, certain the boy would solve it again in a matter of minutes. He felt the pride of the man whose memory he was borrowing at the moment, and patted the little one on the head affectionately. At Gigi's insistence, he took the boy's hand and followed him toward those tantalizing smells. 
Even as his footsteps were keeping up with Gigi, the boy was fading before his eyes- as was everything else.

Sounds of voices and metallic objects clinking together permeated the dream-world, beginning to bring Luca's attention back to reality. He slowly started to wake up, and the unusual chill in the room leveled out, making the heat of the inside effective again.

He was also very aware of a gnawing feeling in his stomach. When was the last time he ate? Whatever subconscious part of his brain had control over hunger, it seemed to be working overtime now that he was here.. in this country filled with its many indulgences. 

Yawning as he finally returned to the waking world, Luca looked around curiously.
"Did I miss something?" he asked quietly, seeing all of the weaponry being assembled.
He also saw Lokith had changed clothes and made a deliberate flirtatious comment.
"Oh, I did. My luck must be good only sometimes, not all of the time!"

more_horiz
Gigi had fell into the dream that Luca was having. The sounds around them still hitting as he stayed resting. He was enjoying his rest. He was dreaming of the same memory just from a different view point as the memory Luca was seeing. He heard the sounds louder and the moment that Luca shifted even slightly he was awake. He sat up causing the blanket to slither down Luca's form like a slinky down steps. Sitting up on his knees he rubbed his eyes. "Metal..." He said in a murmur. Looking around and saw the shiny objects. Getting transfixed upon them.

He stared at the different shinies before slowly moving and climbed off the couch. He began to explore his surroundings. His gaze moving back to Luca as if keeping an eye on him before he moved silently around to most though there was soft pitter patter now and then if you listened deeply enough. Staring at a pair of crossed swords above a fireplace. "Shiny...midevil" He said in awe. Rocking back and forth on his bare feet. Hands clasped in front of him.

more_horiz
Lokith had finished changing and turned around. Hearing the kid moving he looked at Victor. "Keep an eye on him." He stated. Moving to a cabinet and opened it after Gigi walked past him like he wasn't even there. "What an odd kid...got a metal fixation. Weird...wonder if he obsessed with it like that Magneto dude. Ah whatever." he muttered in Aboriginal tongue. He turned around and walked over to the guy hearing a growl sound from him. "Are you hungry Jing? I can fix a mouthwatering meal if you are." He said. Thana helped him fine tune it.

He looked where he was looking. "No. You didn't miss anything. Why you ask?" Following his gaze to the weapons as he had most of them assembled. "I'm just preparing to take out whoever you need to take out. You're hunting big game right? I told you on the way here we were in. Action, adventure and badassness...I can tell. I don't need to know the details...just need to know about the mark. Tell me who he or she is." He said simply.

Standing up before he leaned in to whisper in a very sexy voice. "Or I just timed it so that your luck wouldn't work for you because you'd be off in lalala land with the rugrat. Ever think about that kitten?" He asked softly before he pulled back. "Now you hungry?"

more_horiz
At the mere mention of food, Luca's stomach growled. His eyes lit up, and just like that he was completely awake.
"He saves children, kicks butt, and cooks.."

Luca watched Gigi become enchanted with the swords on the wall, and wondered what the appeal was. The boy was notably attracted to metal and shiny things.
He didn't have much time to think it over as Lokith leaned very close and spoke in a way that gave him goosebumps, though Luca tried to cover that feeling with a little smirk.

"And a tactical genius. Man of many talents."
he got up, folding the blanket and draping it over the arm of the sofa. Luca tried not to give off too much tension as he thought for a second, though most anyone with a brain could tell at that point the conversation was about to take a serious turn.

"You told me before, there are others who are like us. Different. The 'mark' is an evil man. He catches and tortures people like us. I do not know what 'MRD' means, but that is the biggest clue I have. Many souls cannot find rest because of this secret agent person."

Luca conveyed what he knew from surface thoughts given by the spirits of unrest that were slowly losing what humanity they had left. Though until they learned more, there was no point in mounting an attack on that front.

"To know more about this person, I have to see the memory of someone he caused pain. Who would remember his face until the end of time for what he did."

Knowing what he was about to say would sound impossible, he wished there was an easier way to explain it.. but Vash didn't want to know how it would work.

"This will mean we have to destroy an angry spirit."

more_horiz
Gigi rocked back and forth until...he suddenly stopped. Like the drop of a pin he suddenly turned around and became fully connected to the world outside his world...the one Luca was interacting with. Just like that...the tension that clouded some of the peaceful and serene atmosphere that Luca radiated hit him. Making his nose scrunch up cutely for a moment before he turned around. His eyes fully focusing before he noticed the blur person. He was the cause of Luca's discomfort. He didn't like that Luca was upset. His emotions began to power the ability he already had little control over.

Starting with first the small metallic objects and slowly progressing in size the items began to jump, dance, clatter and shake. His eyes focusing on the source of what he perceived as Luca's cause of tension. The metal objects moving more as he didn't like that Luca was upset. His emotions soon having metal objects lifting up or dancing around. Most notably in the room they were in but also it was rippling outwards throughout the entire house. His eyes focusing on the metalic objects lokith had put on his person before and he raised both hands and pushed. Like doing one of the monk workouts. Pushing as he wanted Lokith to get away from him. Focusing on pushing Lokith away from Luca so he stopped upsetting him very hard with his mind.

Metal objects of all kinds were flying aroudn the house like a scene from a poltergeist film. The 'push' on lokiths metal objects ended up lurching the male sideways and onto the ground. Not very far but it did.. He just stood there glaring at Lokith. The swords behind him fell off the wall and clattered to the ground.

more_horiz
Lokith looked at him. "I don't save children...you saved the rugrat. I just keep kittens like you lost in the big city safe from the tigers and sharks of the big apple." he said. Correcting him as he spoke. He smirked a bit and stayed close to Luca as he spoke. "More talents than you are yet aware of kitten. Many more. Some are mutually beneficial." he said in a slightly flirtacious tone. Then he watched him a bit. "Yes. There are. I see." He looked at his guns. "We're going to need some bigger guns then." he said. Looking at him again. "I think I can help you with finding out more information another way." He said with a suddenly withdrawn and monotone expression.

He blinked as suddenly he was sent flying by the metal objects on his clothing, the weapons, and the jewelry he was wearing. He was up and on his feet looking at the kid. Victor looked at Gigi then the scene around him. "So glad I didn't bring the grenades here today." He muttered to himself. Botz suddenly popped his head into the room."Spirit did somebody say angry spirit?"He asked with an eager and almost puppy dog excitement and gleeful tone. He looked around. "So cool! Which of them is doing that?"He asked Lokith. Lokith looked at Botz. "...." He looked ready to strangle his friend and just crossed his arms refusing to speak right now.

His energy sourcing ability had energy crackling over his form. "In any case I will make some food for us all." He turned and stormed off into the kitchen leaving Victor and Botz to interact with Luca and them. "Watch them for me. I'm making dinner."

more_horiz
While Lokith was close, saying scandalous things, Luca was still smirking. Though when the conversation shifted, so did the mood he was in.
There were feelings he could hide from the other adults, but the child saw through it. On the inside he was sad and frustrated, and he couldn't tell them why. He had nothing to say in response to 'Vash', though even if he did, it would have been interrupted.

Metallic objects started rattling and rising from their resting places. Luca watched, unsure for a moment of what was happening. Then Gigi pushed Lokith, and Luca started to understand.

Botz was fascinated with what was going on, but Luca didn't feel like humoring him at the moment. He nodded when Lokith stated he was going to cook, and went over to Gigi, petting the boy's hair much in the same way that he had while reliving the memory of his teacher.

"Please, it is no fault of his. Do not be angry."

more_horiz
Gigi wasn't wanting to hurt Lokith. Just get him away from Luca. He was making Luca distressed. He was upsetting the peaceful serenity of HIS Luca. He liked the temple air luca had and the fact that Lokith brought dischord and disharmony to that upset him. The objects that were metal were still flying around. He let out an unhappy wordless osound until Luca came over. His hands before him still as if training. At first he flinched at the touch but soon recognized it. Looking up at Luca he seemed to calm. All the metal objects fell lifelessly to the ground as Luca pet his hair. He remembered that feel from when he was more interactive with the world around him.

Moving his arms wrapped around the top part of Luca's legs. His face burying around the upper thigh area of his friend. Humming for the both of them...to calm them. "Spirit wise not at peace due to blur." He said softly. Looking up at him searchingly as he liked the feeling of the petting of his hair. The mentors had done that too.

more_horiz
Luca put on a smile, hearing what Gigi said. He put away his dissatisfaction and hugged the boy.
No one had ever showed real concern for his emotional state. Luca knew better than to let himself get carried away with his feelings, but everything he'd gone through since reaching this country was new, and there were so many more voices to filter. It was at times overwhelming, though now he felt as though someone may finally understand; if only by mediumship.

"A boy with bare feet cares so about how I feel." Luca said with a little chuckle. "I think there is much to learn from you."

more_horiz
Gigi let the other male hug him. He let it because he could tell it meant something to Luca. He wasn't sure what the purpose behind the action was. He faintly remembered somewhere many years ago doing these actions. Second nature even. Not that he could clearly remember. He tilted his head a bit as he looked up at Luca. Looking up at him and poked the other male. "Keep it in. Cesspool it makes. A glass no hold more than the limits of its rims then it run over." he said slowly in broken english. "Spirit wise needs to let water drop before rim flow over." he said. Trying hard to explain or express teachings he was taught by others.

He froze a bit as he lost any concept of talking at the moment. Cares? He didn't care. He swore he wouldn't care about other people anymore. He didn't care. He didn't. He swore he wouldn't but...could he? He closed his eyes and just thought. Searching his inner feelings and thoughts. Just nodding his head to Luca's words. He did...He could've sworn he thought that he was not going to get attached to people anymore. Looking up at Luca. "Just Spirit Wise. Gigi care only about Spirit Wise. No other. Just you." he said after a moment. "Gigi learn from spirit wise. Spirit wise learn from Gigi. It benefit us both." he said with a smile up at him.

A faint delicious aroma was beginning to drift very faintly towards where they were.

more_horiz
He listened, thinking and watching Gigi while they both went quiet for a moment. What the boy said amazed him yet again. Was Gigi going to make a habit of these profound statements?

"Why only me?" Luca was half wondering and half asking. Why? What could make a child want to turn his back on the whole world? It was a guess that his youth belied his knowledge, and Gigi's words only pushed his mind more toward the conclusion; this boy had seen far more than his age would suggest.

"Let water drop before it overflows. I think I know what you mean." Though it was easier said than done. "I will have to try." he murmured, partly to himself.

His stomach became very aware of what his nose was smelling and growled like a beast at the bottom of an empty pit.
"Oh... why am I so hungry now?"

Luca couldn't remember being so famished before.. At home, there was always someone pressuring him to try to eat, but he rarely had any appetite. Little over a week later, here he was on the other side of the world where most of the food was not very good for you, and he felt like he was completely starved. His whole body felt chilled, but at the same time he started to sweat and his hands shivered. A wave of dizzy sickness quickly swept over him.

Luca let go of Gigi, patting the boy on the head once more as he stepped back toward the sofa and took off his suit jacket.
"I.. need to...ugh. My head.. ameţit.."
Rather than folding the jacket as neatly as he did the blanket, he balled it up and tossed it aside, then fought to loosen the necktie and undo the first few buttons of the his long-sleeved white shirt.

more_horiz
Lokith was cooking in the kitchen. No oils no fats...outside a bit of butter he used for the fish. He remembered when he and Victor went skinny dipping and fished for these suckers in the nude. Catching fish as he moved and he stirred the pot of stew. It was herbs, vegetables, a bit of a bone and a well seasoned stone. Stirring it he added some noodles. Continuing to cook while the two boys were in the other room under Victor and Botz watch.

Botz hurried over and stayed out of the way. Ready to help Luca if he needed it. He wasn't helping him undress though. He stayed off to the side as he watched to the two newbies of the crew. Victor watched them and began to pick up everything that had fallen over. Putting things back where they belonged and overall just keeping an eye on the two boys. "You alright there Jing?" He asked Luca when he started struggling to take stuff off.

more_horiz
Gigi looked at him. "Luca exists in my world without needing painted in or to invade. My world within the world all live in. The world our bodies exist in...and my world. Where things Spirit Wise sees clearly exists too." He said simply yet only loud enough that Luca could hear. To him it made complete sense. He fell silent after that. Still hugging the other boy. He let go when the other did. He moved back and tilted his head. Watching him curiously. Looking up at him when he was patted on the head. Watching the male before he clasped his hands in front of him. Rocking back and forth as he detached somewhat outside of the anchoring Luca gave him.

more_horiz
"Unsure." he said in response to Victor. Whatever this feeling was, it had appeared suddenly and grown quickly intense. Luca wasn't certain of it, though he tried to hold back his distress as much as possible. The room was still slightly chilly, though to him it was too warm, too suffocating. He thought getting rid of the coat was enough, but still felt like he was going to burn up. After the first few buttons did nothing to relieve the feeling, he decided to go the rest of the way, hurrying to get rid of the cloth that was sticking to his skin.

He heard Gigi and wanted to say something back, though the words were thick and his throat was dry. Though the idea of someone else who could see what he saw was both exciting and frightening at the same time. What if those things Gigi saw, like Luca, could also see him? 
The realization hit him then. The Shadow Man could have been after Gigi, not him. Luca could remember those most terrifying spirits taking offense to the fact he could see them; even daring to approach him. One had gone as far as reaching through the Veil and trying to touch him..

"No, Gigi! If you see them, never look at them!" he choked out, giving the boy a serious look for a second before thinking that he might have sounded too harsh.
"Please. I do not want to see you hurt."

more_horiz
Victor looked at Luca. "You know its a normal male reaction to get aroused to beautiful things...not that I have much experience in that area but I know it happens to Lokith alot." he said with a smirk. Though he watched the guy and decided not to warn Lokith who was heading this way by the sound of plates moving. It be funnier that way. Closing his eyes and leaned against the wall lazily.

Lokith entered with the trays of fresh food and carried it over to the tables. Setting it down as he looked at Luca. He flushed and backed up quickly. Er...yeah they needed to give him a makeover. He scrambled back a bit and stared at Luca. "Jing? You alright?" he asked. Moving closer and set a hand on the other male's head. "Okay Ghost Whisperer...you really need to chill out before you get Botz going...and yourself. You're working yourself up." he said then took out a pen and drew a rune on the back of luca's hand. "This is a protection rune. And there is dinner" He said simply. Turning and quickly walked off. He needed cold water and now.

more_horiz
Gigi sat down and rocked back and forth. Holding his hands in his lap. He lifted his head to looked at Luca. Tilting his head to the side and in confusion ended up speaking a mashup of tibetan and chinese that would make no sense whatsoever if translated before he took a breath and tilted his head. "Gigi not see but chi and aura. Learn through train with Shaolin Monks. Gigi not have Luca gift." he said slowly after Lokith ran out again. He moved forwards and climbed up on the couch. Touching Luca's cheeks again. "Gigi live in world within world. Gigi see not what you see but ripples that translucent or prism like in air. Calm Spirit Wise. It be okay." he said very softly, seriously with a kind yet firm commanding tone to his voice. Then he lt go and pulled back a bit. He moved down a bit. Sitting down and rocked. At random he sang a song. Hoping it would sooth Luca's heart even if he didn't understand the words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYwUfzcEjCk

more_horiz
Victor's attempt at warning Luca got him a confused glance. He felt too overwhelmed at the moment to try figuring it out.
When Lokith brought the food in, his concerned reaction was moving. He knew the blonde didn't want to get attached, and yet..

'Vash' grabbed his shaking hand and drew some kind of symbol on it. Even as the other explained it was a protective rune, Luca was amazed to find his surroundings suddenly much quieter. The constant flow of voices and impressions, the presence that always lingered nearby like his shadow- suddenly blocked out. It was the first time he'd had a real quiet moment to think in years.

Luca watched Lokith walk away looking flustered and wondered what he'd done. He took his plate and started to take small bites. Gigi crawled up onto the couch beside him and explained he didn't have to worry so much. 

While he slowly ate, listening to Gigi singing something that rang with a certain heartfelt truth, he thought about where he had been over the past couple of years, compared to where he was now. Tears rolled down his cheeks, though he didn't make a sound.

In the past, he was always alone.
A sick child that could barely get out of bed. He had nothing other than waiting for the inevitable to come. Then when he thought death had finally come to take him away, he found instead the people whose spirits were trapped- much like his. They didn't know how to free themselves. He felt so badly for them and wanted to help, but his father would never let him outside; sure that something out there would kill him in an instant.
When he pressed the issue too much and tried to run away from home, he was sent to a mental facility and confined for a year, put on medications that took away most of his ability, and even made it hard to think. At that point, all he wanted was to get it over with. No one would miss him. He would die having not even lived.

Now here he was, with the freedom to do what he wanted, to help others that were trapped. He'd never had a friend, or anyone who showed true concern over him.. and in one day he met a whole group of people that he could call friends.

A dear little boy who guided him as much if not more than Luca could try to lead the child. 

A quiet protector who was unafraid to speak his mind.
A knowledgable tech-expert that could help translate his version of the world to something others might understand.
And a their carefree witty leader, who despite saying it was just the work he was interested in was clearly becoming interested in more than that.

Clearing the plate completely, Luca breathed a sigh as he put it back on the table. He felt so much better now. Reaching for his shirt, he put that back on, using the sleeves to dry his face. He looked at his hand. The mark was beginning to fade. Soon the voices would be back; but now he felt ready and able to shoulder that burden again. It helped to know he was no longer alone.

more_horiz
(we decided to sum it up here and have them well fed, resting and moving it on to later tonight. We being Luca, Gigi and Lokith)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum