X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Bittersweet ( R)

descriptionCompleteRe: Bittersweet ( R)

more_horiz
Alec tried to stay out of the way while people worked. One girl was even sewing herself up. He couldn't take not being able to do anything. He felt useless while he watched his sister start to slip away.He flinched when his boyfriend stabbed his sister with a needle. Relief flowed through him however when she started to breathe better. 

He ran his hands through his hair and leaned on the wall with his eyes closed. Thank god they got to her in time. Ari and that baby had to live. He had to have his chance to apologize and tell her she was going to be a good mom. She was going to be a good mom. 

He opened his eyes when he heard her wails. "Ari!Do something someone shes...shes...ARI!" He couldnt move or breathe or speak. He was frozen. She couldn't be. Be dead. 

more_horiz
Delphi arrived when Colton did the moment she head about what happened to Thana, Chris, and Bella, she felt this stabbing pain in her chest, she really only knew Thana and Bella and bothe had been so nice to her, the fact they were maliciously tortured made her want to be sick, why couldn't it have been her instead of them. She kept her distance, Arabella was said to be the one in worse shape. And she was, she looked so weak and frail, she didn't look like the Arabella she met in the library on the night she first arrived, she looked like a girl who had been pushed to her limit. Delphi hated hearing and seeing one  her few friends her in the mansion suffer so badly. It felt like everything was moving in slow motion and everything was a blur and pixelated, everyone was yelling and moving frantically trying to help the pregnant mutant laying on the hospital. Useless, that's all Delphi ever was and that's how she felt right now, she wanted to help, somehow make the girls pain go away but she couldn't so she just watched.

Suddenly everything was silently, it was numb. The med bay shifted from a frantic chaos to a numb pain, the pale blonde felt tears roll down her naturally rosy cheeks, her best friend was gone. Why couldn't things be like the first time they were in a hospital setting why couldn't it end like that. She couldn't believe  the one person she could truly call a friend has passed away, Delphi wanted to move but it felt like her legs were made of stone, if only this was a terrible dream she could wake up from.

more_horiz
Chris was barely in good enough physical condition to stand under his own power and, once arriving in the med bay braced himself on the edge of Ari's bed gripping tightly to keep his balance. When Jean came in and told him what to do, he nodded followed by a painful cough. "I... don't know... what help I can be... this time, Jean... they did a number on me... but I'll try..." His wheezing didn't get any better though he was determined to help in whatever way he could even through the immense pain he was feeling. To him, saving the lives of the love of his life and their child was more important than anything in the world at that given moment, even the awful condition he was presently reduced to.

He donned some gloves and a mask, turning his attention immediately to Arabella when she spoke, though his expression went from one of worry to one of complete dread and sorrow when she fell limp. The mutant's eyes grew wide and his mouth fell open at the gravity of what was happening. "No..." he whimpered helplessly and took her hand hoping for some reassurance there and leaned down closer to her face, using his other hand to rest against her face. "Arabella... don't give up - not like this... please..." He was unable to control the tears running down his face and he rested his forehead against hers, buckling at the knees coming down onto them on the floor but still holding on to her as the electrical equipment and lighting throughout the basement level went haywire in response to such strong emotional pain. Through pained sobs he whispered softly, "I need you, baby..."

more_horiz
Jean looked at Christopher. After Ari was breathing again she moved over to Christopher. Placing her hands upon him and focused. She began to help his body heal from the inside out. Helping each and every injury mesh, heal and fix itself. Numbing the pain as she helped his body reproduce the energy he was going to need through stimulating his bodies own natural healing and reproductions rates. She pulled away and panted a bit. She pulled back. "Did I miss anything Christopher? I really appreciate the help. I know. You all have been through hell tonight." She called out telepathically to Jenica. Jenica are you alright over there?

Moving over to Arabella and placed her hands on her. "Everyone relax. This is not any of your faults. You're all strong and brave and right now staying calm is very necessary." She said in a kind yet reminding tone. She looked at Colton as he spoke. Nodding her head a bit. "You're medically trained and right now you've done a really great job." She looked Ari over. Her hands seeming to hover as she was already checking out what he was saying. Biting her lower lip before she lightly placed her hand gently on Ari's chest and the other on her forehead. Ari? Can you hear me sweetie? Please hang in there. She began to again help Ari's body heal and mend the injuries.

Her voice sounding a bit far off due to working on stopping internal bleeding and helping ari's body mend its damaged bones.. "Christopher there is painkillers in the cabinet near my desk. In the fridge beside that is bags of blood that are marked by type. Ari's blood type is on the top shelf to the left. Grab a couple of those bags." She then spoke to Colton. "Catch your breath then clean her arm which should now be mended. Prep the patient for an IV. The one with dual tubes at the end. One is for the blood transfusion bags. The other to inject her with the painkillers." She said. Taking control and forcing herself to be calmer than she was.

Her main focus on helping ari's bones and body heal. Stopping the internatl bleeding was also first and foremost so that is where she focused her healing of ari on.

more_horiz
In the chaos that had ensued after everyone arrived he had lost sight of where Jenica was. Running back through the school and down into the medical bay he moved past everyone else. His only concern right now was jenica. He prayed she was alright. He soon found her off to the side. Rushing over to her side he spotted her sewing herself up. He looked at her. "Jenica? Are you alright? Anything Remy can do to helpy ou there mon cheri?" He asked her. Looking at her watches and then looking up. Frowning a bit and held his breath.

more_horiz
It looked like Ari was doing a bit better but there was so much more they needed to patch up and fix. Internal bleeding, broken bones, injured and bruised organs; it was going to be an intense surgery. Well at least that is what he thought. He never performed surgery before.  He was surprised to feel Ari’s cold hand grab onto his arm and did not expect the flood of images of her life as they flashed in his mind. His eyes shot open and he let out a gasp as everything flooded him. Child hood memories, moments of passion with Chris, seeing Alec with his throat nearly ripped out by some wolf, the pain and suffering of the torture she had to endure. He stood there in shock before he came back to his senses hearing the monitor beep in a constant flat line.

The world slowed for everyone it seemed. Alec spoke up and Chris moved over to Ari. Everyone was panicking. She was on the threshold of deaths door. The other woman in the room put her hands on Chris and Ari and Chris looked to be doing a bit better but Ari was still laying there all cold and near death. ”Blood transfusing won’t work unless we get the internal bleeding stopped. It would buy us time but her body is too weak and battered.” he said looking at Jean before he turned back to look at Ari.

He bit his lip; he knew what he had to do. He had done this once before when he was a teenager, when his high school boyfriend laid on deaths doorstep just like Ari. But Ari also had a baby in her belly. He would be taking the horrible damage from two people it seemed. ”Alec, this may be a one way ticket for me….” he said in a somber voice as he started to take his gloves of quickly. ”I love you, if I make it through this please don’t leave me…please.” he said in an almost teary croak.

The lights and equipment started to flicker and Colton quickly went over to Ari. ”Sorry Chris I gotta do this.” he said in his southern drawl as he pulled Chris away from Ari’s limp body. Now that no one else was touching her he put a hand on her forehead and a hand on her little bump of a bell and took in quick, deep breaths like he was readying himself to be shot. He closed his eyes and started to move injuries over to himself.  He let out a grunt that turned into a growl as he pushed through the pain as the sound of snapping bones and sinew came from his body as Ari’s body started to heal. His face began to swell and blood started to soak through the right side of his flannel shirt. The growl turned into a scream of pain as tears started to pour from his eyes.

more_horiz
Alec felt like time stopped. His parents first then ari and his future niece or nephew. His sister was never going to be chris's wife, they were never going to experience the trials and tribulations of married life and parent hood. No two am feedings, no getting through flus, colds, or booboos.  He would never get the chance to spoil the little one or judge chris's parenting skills. 

He watched his lover and boyfriend move to his sister. He should be the one there by her side. He couldn't get himself to move though. Not until he spoke. "What are you talking about. What are you doing?Of course ill love you. What are you- Colton!"

He found the means to move and ran to colton. He caught him from behind in a gentle hug and held onto him so he wouldn't fall."Why would you do that you charming idiot. Thank you. Thank you so much." He whispered into his hair and kissed the top of his head then helped him onto another bed. "Tell me what i can do to help."

more_horiz
JJ put up a hand to Remy to let him know she was fine but that she was also concentrating. She was finishing sewing herself up while keeping an eye on Ari. She looked at her watches anxiously every few minutes. This was one of the reasons she came back here. She came back to save lives and this was one of the lives she meant to save. She held her breath while waiting to see if Arabella would pull through. If not the future could really change. " Im fine Remy, i just need a moment..."

She didnt let her breath out until it seemed Ari was going to be fine. She actually smiled at the site of ari's brother being so affectionate with his male friend. They would all need eachother to get through the hell that was coming. The hell she was hoping to avoid in the future she already knew and escaped.

more_horiz
His legs couldn’t handle his weight anymore. All his bones, every inch of his body felt in pain. He still pressed through till Ari was back to perfect health before he let his hands go and collapsed onto the floor a broken mess. His wounds started to slowly close but there still was a small pool of blood. He hadn’t felt this broken since that moment with his first boyfriend.

But this turned out different. He felt arms around him and they made him feel safe. He looked up through the one eye that wasn’t swollen and saw Alec and smiled. ”Thanks for sticking around suga.” he said in a southern drawl before he coughed and wheezed. He let out a whimper before he was set down on the bed. He moved an injured hand and wrapped it around Alec’s. ”My uterus hurts…” he said in a daze before he was able to snap back into consciousness for a  moment. He looked over at Ari and smiled before he turned his head back to Alec. ”Your baby sis and her baby girl are fine now….” he said before coughing again. ”Love you Alec….I’ll be fine…just a little slee…” he said before he passed out. 

more_horiz
Alec hated to see his lover like this. Broken and bloody. He gave a gift no one else could have given. He saved Ari and the baby's life. He gently kissed Colton's bad eye and smiled. " You are stuck with me pet."

If his boyfriend wasn't in a great amount of pain he might have laughed at the uterus comment. Instead he tucked his boyfriend into bed and made sure he was comfortable. " It's.... It's a girl?" He asked puzzled when Colton passed out. " I love you too. Rest now." He held Colton's hand while he slept.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum