X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

A Walk To Relax[PG-13]

descriptionCompleteRe: A Walk To Relax[PG-13]

more_horiz
Isabelle sighed. "I can't exactly learn to control anything if every time someone touches me I almost pass out because my head can't handle all of their feelings and memories. You should try it sometime, it really sucks," she said. She smirked when he called her a "little girl". She had been through far to much to be considered little. "And trust me, I'm a lot of things, but 'little' is not one of them," she said. She was never one to argue over such petty things, but this guy was really starting to tick her off. Who was he to tell her how to live her life? She hadn't done anything to cross him.

more_horiz
Eve was sitting there,listening to her lover and her newly made friend argue over a school.Eve was never one to like Xavier's Institute,but she never talked about it either.She preferred keeping her thoughts to herself over that matter.Kas,on the other hand,had much to say,it seemed.But the way he was pointing out the facts about the school,obviously pissed off the girl.And she didn't have to be Pyrokinetic to see that the girl was furious already.

Placing a hand on Kas's arm,Eve smiled up at him,trying desperately to calm him down,before things went out of hand.The fact that she was a girl didn't make her any less dangerous.She could harm them just the same if she wanted,but she would't.Isabelle had done nothing to them,yet Kas seemed angry with her for some unknown reason."Kas...It's okay..No need to be aggressive towards her.She's done no harm."

Turning to the girl,Evelyn smiled kindly and gave her an apologetic look.She didn't know that Kas would have such a reaction.Hell!She didn't even know he would jump out of nowhere either!
"Don't mind him,Isabelle..He's just overprotective.."
But as she was about to say something more,the hand that was clutching Kas's arm tightened its grip.Eve's eyes widened and she turned to face Kas as she felt something run down her thigh.Closing her eyes,Eve took a deep breath and opened her eyes,trying to say this as calm as possible.
"Kas,I know this is probably the worst time to say this...but my water just broke."

more_horiz
Allayne seemed too interested in the little group for April's liking, though she stayed where she was, holding his hand with one of hers, and the neck of her guitar with the other.

"That's my douchebag ex and his baby momma."
She blurted out in a dismal tone, turning to look back at them with a frown, and seeing Kelly trying to push Isabelle around and start an arguement, as well as talking shit on the nice Xavier school. Typical!
April puffed up, squaring her shoulders as she did the exact opposite of her previous statement, letting go of Axe's hand while she stepped toward them. She was going to put a stop to this!

more_horiz
Isabelle listened to Evelyn as she defended Kas. She understood that he would be protective of Evelyn, but she wasn't sure what that had to do with what school Isabelle went to. She didn't feel like arguing anymore, so she kept quiet. She watched Evelyn turn to tell Kas something. "Is everything alright?" she asked curiously. Just at that moment, the girl she had seen earlier walked up to them. "Good afternoon," Isabelle greeted her.

more_horiz
"That's my douchebag ex and his baby momma."

Ah, so that was the reason for the unease. Maybe there IS a mutant meeting site after all, Axe thought with a smirk.

After this revelation, Amp felt compelled to face the trio and finally get it out of the way. She pulled Allayne along and walked among the group.

The young girl in the group greeted them nicely, and Allayne's suspicions were confirmed when he got a good look at the guy. That IS the badass guy from Downtown, after all!, he thought. Then, he realized the pregnant lady must be the girl they (some Brotherhood creeps) threatened Kas with.

And as he looked at Evelyn, Allayne started noticing the 'sparkles' around her. She's about ready to have the baby!

Axe wondered if every meeting with mutants was going to prove this full of excitement, and how much a pacemaker really costs! Never seems to be a dull moment around mutants!

more_horiz
"FML. So much for a relaxing day at the park..!" Kas started to say under his breath.
He could devise a way to break into a heavily-guarded treasury, steal everything without leaving a single trace, and get away before anyone realized what was wrong.. but at the current juncture, all he could do was stand there and look around, getting more anxious with every second.
Traveling with his unique methods meant he couldn't carry anything non-organic. No car keys, no phone, nothing but the clothes he wore, not even shoes.

Should he run to get help? What if he couldn't find anyone? Carry Eve himself? Would that hurt her? What if they weren't fast enough? What if something seriously went wrong? Could the hospital really take care of Eve?

As he stood there with an expression between worried and perplexed, April and Allayne walked up to them, and he finally aknowledged them. First, nodding at Axe, and frowning and April. He didn't have time to wonder what they were doing here, or why they were here together.
"What do you want?!"

more_horiz
Allayne felt the shift in emotions as he walked up to the group. The feeling of urgency was almost palpable. This wasn't the time to just exchange pleasantries, as he'd hoped for. Instead, he'd walked in on a situation.

"Yo", Axe shouted to Kas. "What do you need me to do?" Allayne wanted Kas to know he was willing to help out in whatever he could.

Lowering his voice a little, Allayne said to April, "I hope you're coming along, because I have a lot of questions about all this mutant politics!"

Allayne tried to remember the name of Kas' girl. What did that psycho dagger girl Adrienne call her when she threatened Kas?, he tried to recall. Something like Eva or Eve. It really didn't matter at this point. Getting her to a hospital was more important.

What was the best way to get her there? Allayne knew Kas could travel like mist, seeing him do that once before. But could he take her as well? Allayne thought he could travel fairly quickly on a soundwave, provided the way in front of him was clear. But he also knew not to make it seem as though he was taking charge. He'd wait to see what Kas had up his sleeve, and put his two cents in if asked.

more_horiz
Raising her brows, April watched the small gathering, stepping slightly behind Allayne as he whispered something. She didn't even attempt to hide her laughter, despite the not-funniness of the whole situation. Her guitar went back over one shoulder, and she rolled her eyes.

"Politics is easy-peasy, compared to this!"
Crossing both arms over the meager swell of her chest, April heaved out an impatient sigh.
What indeed? She had no idea why Axe was jumping to help out. Maybe he was just a stand-up kind of guy. That thought made her lips curl into a small smile. He was nice, so far.
"Alrighteee then. I'll come along.. but only cause you asked."

more_horiz
Allayne smiled at April, admiring her willingness to come along despite some obvious unease. "Thanks for being cool with it!", he told her, grinning.

Kas looked irritated for the intrusion, but Axe had to help out where he could. If Kas was willing to let him, Allayne would ride the wave straight toward the hospital. He had dealt with pregnancies before, and knew he would rather not have Eve give birth right here.

He looked around at each of the members of the group, and what they could all do to ensure a safe trip for Eve. Would it be wise to just go all out with the use of their powers, or would too much attention cause alarm to the human population?

more_horiz
Irritated wasn't touching the surface of the iceberg. For someone who was too used to being self-sufficient, a crowd of willing help seemed more a curse than the blessing it truly was. Had there been a second to think about it, Kas might have thanked Allayne. Instead he looked around and huffed, giving April an especially cold scowl for her remark that he heard.

"Let's get this flying circus going then!"
As if able to read the scepticism on the other man's mind, Kas waved dismissively.
"Screw what anybody thinks about it. Some of us were born to fly, and the rest will just have to be jealous."

(if there's nothing else, I think we can close this thread)

more_horiz
(OOC: I think we made the choice to deliver her quickly)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum