X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Heavy Thoughts - R

descriptionCompleteHeavy Thoughts - R

more_horiz
Cameron walked in the park under the brightly colored trees. She found when her mind was full of thoughts that needed sorting through, this was one of the best places for her to just simply think. She tucked her hands into her jean coat pockets and simply walked the path around the park. Her brown boots making a light crunching sound as she stepped on the fallen leaves, and her long brown hair moving gently in the fall breeze.

Gavin had been out of the country on a mission, and was due to be back any time. She missed him fiercely, and all the more thanks to him being unreachable except for the very few times that he could get in contact with her. Cameron hoped for his return to come swiftly. She had news for him that was certain to brighten his welcome home. As she walked, she smiled to herself at the thought of what kind of reaction he would have at the news she would give him...

Last edited by Cameron Andrews on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: Heavy Thoughts - R

more_horiz
Archangel next to her and grinned. "Gavin's dead, Gavin's dead neh neh neeeh neh haha...." he walked backwards in front of her "His last words were...I love you.............Mum." he laughed at cameron and continued to follow her.

more_horiz
Cameron froze as the unknown man walked next to her and then in front of her taunting a sick line about Gavin being dead. She felt her wings flex slightly against the figure-eight harness holding them in place at his words. "Excuse me, but do I know you? And, why would you say such horrid things whether I know you or not?" she retorted to him. Surely he wasn't speaking of her Gavin. She didn't even know him.

more_horiz
"ahahahahhaha I am the angel of death Cameron. I killed Gavin...ahahahahha and Achilles hahahahah....All that you love is crashing down apon you. Your time is comming" he grinned as he set his hands on fire.

more_horiz
"That's a lie...." Cameron growled to the man who called himself Archangel. "You can't have killed Gavin as he isn't back from Africa. You can't have killed Achilles as he is one of the most skilled fighters I've ever met. Pretty sure the likes of you couldn't best him...." she said. A flicker of doubt began to creep into her mind. Was Gavin alright? Surely if he had returned, he would have contacted her... This was impossible... Gavin wasn't back yet. And, Achilles.... He wouldn't be taken down without a fight and he would have called her for help. That was what they did. Never alone and never without help... Your time is coming.... The leather straps around her wings creaked as her wings fought to be freed as she spoke through her teeth, "Is that a threat?"

more_horiz
"Why. Yes. Yes it was. Oh and a barret 50 cal sniper at 150m would kill Achilles if it was a head shot haha..." He threw a ball of fire at her before diving backwards throwing his jacket off landing with duel smgs he pointed at the barrel "Look here. Wait for the flash" He opened fire on her unleashing hell.

more_horiz
Cameron's eyes widened as she saw the fire come towards her. Quickly she moved, avoiding it as it flew by her. She landed in a crouch and raised her dark eyes to the man, her jaw set. When he pulled a gun on her, Cameron quickly slipped out of her jacket and unbuckled her harness. Spreading her wings, she held up both hands and stopped each bullet feet before they hit her, her telekinesis working to touch and hold each one as more and more flew towards her. She didn't let her mind drift over what the man told her. The time for thinking on such things would come later....

more_horiz
"clever. Catch." He pulled a grenade and threw it. He then smiled and threw 10 huge fireballs ar her. Afterwards he made a box of flames and made it fall on her. "BURN IN HELL" He laughed insanly and fire more rounds.

more_horiz
Cameron let the stopped bullets go, hearing them sound like raindrops hitting the leaves under them. Seeing the grenades and more fire come her way, she jumped back and pushed off the ground getting airborne before the fire could get her. She felt the intense heat of it as she passed by on her way into the air. "If your threat holds true, what is your reason for ending their lives and then coming after me?" she called down to him. She looked around the area while keeping an eye on the man. Cameron noticed she was near the center of the park, near the fountain.... If she could just push him back far enough and into the water, perhaps his fire would be extinguished long enough to make a difference. As she made a loop in the air, she pulled the black and white crossbow from Luna, flicking it with a swift motion to open it from its collapsed position into its ready position. Cameron loaded it and aimed for Archangel. Pulling the trigger, the arrow flew towards him. If it didn't hit, at least it might move him backwards.

more_horiz
Dragon saw the arrow and in pure instinct he lept 16ft up doing a back flip...And landing in the fountin. "HA! That the best you got?!" He went to cast a fire ball...It didn't work. He looked down. "Shit." He drew a bow and arrow. Loaded 3 explosive heat seaking arrows and fired. All three locked onto her and attacked.

more_horiz
Cameron's plan had worked. Just as she thought, once he was wet, his fire abilities were useless. Be that as it may, she didn't get to land just yet. Her heart sank she she saw him fire three arrows at her and when she tried to move, they followed her path. Cameron flew as fast as she could, and when she had enough speed and distance between her and the arrows, she flipped over and fired one bolt at the arrows following her. Her shot connected with one, causing it to explode. "One down...." she said to herself.

Cameron flew towards the man in the fountain hoping perhaps one or both of the arrows would lock onto him. As she neared she thought better of that plan. She zigged and zagged, making a tight turn around the top of the fountain. When she heard the second explosion, she knew at least one of the arrows had crashed into it, which left only one.

As Cameron flew gaining speed and altitude, the last arrow continued to gain on her. She didn't have time to load another bolt to fire at it. Instead, she began a deep dive back towards the ground. Rolling onto her back, she held her hands up to stop the arrow. As the arrow slowed, she slowed her own dive and leveled out. She was about five feet from the ground, when the arrow she had slowed exploded close enough to her that the force knocked her to hard to the ground. She skidded along the ground a good 15 feet before stopping and getting to her hands and knees, breathing heavily.

Last edited by Cameron Andrews on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
In the time it took her. He had reloaded and dried. He turned and grinned. "Good, well played. Smart you are...Hmm." He fired another one then lit it and smiled. He put his bow away and created a wall of fire. He smiled as it rose 15ft. He then pushed it at her with great speed.

more_horiz
Cameron looked up as Archangel spoke. A bead of sweat formed and rolled down her face as she set her jaw. Enough was enough... Then she noticed one last arrow coming her way, only this one was lit, unlike the others. Sending her power out to find anything she could use as a shield, she brought back a medium sized rock from one of the nearby gardens. It wasn't much, but it was big enough to absorb the explosion from the arrow without much trouble. Cameron felt the concusive wave as it passed her along with a growing heat. Droppnig the rock, she saw the wall of flame coming towards her.

Using the ground like a spring board, she again took to the air just in time. Cameron felt the flames lick her feet, but fortunately she got above them before any damage could be done. Reaching into her side leg pockets, she drew two throwing knives. Using her power, once more, she sent them flying like bullets of her own, straight for him.

more_horiz
He was waiting for that. He twisted the wall into a vortex and melted her baldes and then circled her. Growing high above her before smashing towards her. "BURN BABY BUUUUURN!" He then prepares for what ever she may do next.

more_horiz
A pained look flashed across Cameron's face as she watched her blades melt before her eyes. Seeing the wall of fire now soot above her and come crashing down towards her, she could think of only one thing: get the to the fountain. Water would save her from the fire. As quickly as she could, she dove for the ground and landed at a run. As quickly as she could she ran for the safety of the water. She felt the tips of her wings singe slightly, but all that she cared about was getting out of the way NOW. Cameron was sure she ran by Archangel, but she didn't notice. She dove into the water, making sure to submerge all of herself before surfacing to see where the wall of fire was. This might not have been her best idea, but she knew that the water would at least keep her safe from the fire, which was her main concern at the present.

more_horiz
Dragon followed her, the flames not touching him. He stood on the edge of the fountin staring at her. He pulled a gun and aimed it at camerons head. He looked at her and tilted his head. He dropped the pistol into the water and walked away. The pistol he dropped was unmistakeable, the owner was easy. Achilles Grimm. Silver AG intwinned with barbed wire gave that away on the white p18 pistol. Dragon walked away and vanished.

more_horiz
Achilles waited for him to leave. He approached Cam and dragged her out. He picked up his pistol and put it in his holster. "Did ya miss me?" he grinned wildly and awaited her responce.

more_horiz
Cameron stared at Archangel as he pulled a silver gun and aimed it right for her head. So... This is it... she thought. Her dark eyes were hard as she looked at her killer, but then, something she didn't expect happend. The man tilted his head and simply dropped the weapon. She couldn't help but show a touch of shock when he turned and walked away. What was all the stuff before then?

Suddenly, there were strong hands on her, dragging her out of the fountain. When she hit the ground, Cameron spread her wings, giving a flap or two to rid her feathers of water. Looking to see who had seemingly come to her rescue, she sighed heavily yet happily. "Achilles.... But, he said...." she said looking after the path Archangel had taken, but he was no where to be found. "He said he killed you..." she murmured, looking back at him.

more_horiz
"He did. But I smart guys like me always cover their asses." He hugged her tight. "Are you okay? He's an ass. Hate him...Dick head." He smiled again. "How are you? And...I am sorry about Gavin...I couldn't do anything." He smiled faintly "He died fighting though"

more_horiz
Cameron smiled a half-smile as he told her that what Archangel had said was true. Achilles had been killed, but, as she was not surprised, he had a sollution and now here he stood, alive. She gladly accepted the hug he gave her, hugging him back tightly. "I'm fine, I'm fine..." she said back to him. She was a little shook up and a tad tired, but she was alright. She would be even better when Gavin was back...

I am sorry about Gavin... Cameron froze, her brown eyes locking on Achilles as he told her what had happened. Her brow furrowed and her jaw went slack as ber mind processed what he told her. Dead.... Gavin was dead... Cameron put a hand to her lips for a moment and then, shaking her head, wrapped her arms around herself. "No.... It's not possible.... He's not even back yet...." she said, looking away, her wings drooping slightly and her voice cracking as her vision began to swim with welling tears.

more_horiz
"He was with me. He saved me. Killed Felix. I took a bullet for him, hence my death." He smiled faintly, then hugged her. "It will be okay, everything will be okay. I promise. That bastards who did it will pay. They will die."

more_horiz
Cameron couldn't believe what she was hearing. If he was back, why didn't he come to see her, contact her, anything.... She hid her face in her hands as Achilles pulled her into his embrace, wrapping his arms around her. Her tears spilled over as she rested her head against his chest. When she heard him say that it will be alright and that the ones responsible would pay, Cameron shook her head. "No.... It..... No....." was all she could say as her mind raced to put together some kind of sense of all of this. "But..... The baby....." she whispered, lowering her hands and, folding them, rested them against her lips.

more_horiz
Achilles stepped back "baby? Look...Cameron, I promise. I will help, I will do everything I can. I swear by the gods...But I... Need sometime to think...about things." he paused an thought "I saw Gavin die...but...I died too...when I awoke. His body was gone, there is hope he lives Cameron. You must be tired, please, rest I need to do the same." He smiled at her and his eyes showed the friendship they clearly have.

more_horiz
Cameron raised her dark eyes to Achilles. He died, too? How is this possible? How was it possible for Achilles to have died but be standing before her right now? How was it possible that Gavin was dead but his body no where to be found? It didn't make sense....

There was some comfort in her friend's words as he spoke of doing what he could to help her. A single tear streaked down her cheek as she tried to hang on to the hope that Gaving wasn't actually gone. There had to be an explanation for all of this... You must be tired, please, rest... Cameron nodded as she bit her bottom lip gently to help her control the heavy emotions she was suddenly carrying. "You know where to find me, Ghost," she said softly. "You always have," she added, putting her hand on his upper arm and gave it a gentle squeeze. Cameron managed a small smile and then turned to head back to The Institute...

more_horiz
As she left whom she thought was Achilles, sighed. In fact it was his look a like cousin with a holographic face mask, he took it off and watched her leave. "She can't know...She can't know Achilles is dead" He muttered before pulling his hood up and leaving, blending into the croud. Zain felt better for giving her hope, he had seen Gavin leave...And Achilles get impaled through the back by Dragon. She didn't have to know he was dead, she was upset enough, she could live with the knowledge he survived...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum