X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Great Minds Think Alike (R-13)

descriptionCompleteRe: Great Minds Think Alike (R-13)

more_horiz
"Devestation is my motto." Doran said.

Ever since that little (It certainly was not little) incident in downtown that destroyed a few buildings, Doran rethinked his power and creativity. He didn't want to destroy the city, he actually loved new york. He just did what he had to do after those silly traitors to his kind ruined his fun of killing those humans. "I have an idea. How'bout me and Neal create a storm. A storm powerful enough that it'll cause worldwide panic. If no one finds out about its true origin, then it'll pass off as a regular tragedy. While the world and its governments is focused on its tragic losses, we will swoop in and take the chance that they are NOT expecting." Doran smiled. He hoped it didn't looked forced because he was making a plan with a strong face in the brotherhood.

more_horiz
Dragon smiled. "Good plan, one problem. X-men, they'll know its us. so...We gotta get their attention first, otherwise they will attempt to stop us. Its a good idea, a giant storm, another thing is, you two, if discovered, need protection. That, and to avoid suspicion. Is you need to make it in the ocean, because otherwise they will pinpoint it apon us. So, make it in the ocean, get the media alerted. Protect you too, distract the x-men with some devious counter plot. Which I may know how too, Logan Grimm, my cousin, an X-men member with a score to settle apon me. Lay some bread crumbs, allow him to listen in on a few of us chatting. Lead him and other x-men. Trap or kill them, and there won't be enough to stop us, because Reaper and Zain will help also, my crew, thats 27, plus all of us. And anyone I can convince, making 30+ against the underhanded xmen. That's my view of it."

more_horiz
Jason was standing in the quite listening to everyone as they each added there two cents in while he smoked. Taking the last drag of the menthol he dropped it and put it out with the hill of his shoe, he stepped up so once more everyone could see him. "Now if I may," he asked with a respectful nod to the group. "There is a man I know," he said and paused making sure everyone was listening to him. "He goes by the name of Eli, he is the best at what he dose." He turned to Neal with a wicked grin, "he is the best assassin in New York. No offence Cap but its not you style all the sneaking around and what not your a soldier not a assassin." He said turning to Dragon with a lop sided smile, "he works for the highest bidder." Jason said as he turned back to face Neal, "don't worry about paying him he owes me a favor and he will pay up."

Turning from Neal to Dragon he gave another wicked grin, "it doesn't look like your cousin is all that much of an x-men." Jason said as he tossed a newspaper to Dragon.

Mutant Soldier Kills Humans

Earlier this week humans were being shot and liked by mutants. The shooter a mutant by the name of Logan Grimm. A 28 year old male sat on the top of the Empire State Building and using a .50 cal Barrett he shot and killed over 57 U.S. men and women.....

Giving Dragon a few seconds to read the headline he grinned again, "instead of killing him let him bring the basters down from the inside." Jason said with his wicked grin and stepped back to ranks in the shadows.

more_horiz
"We aint' killing any of those X-Bastards." He said trying to hold in his scream but he failed. The winds coming from his shouts were both freezing and hot, showing thar both of his tones were coming out at once. The winds nearly made everyone stumble off the roof. "Im sorry. What I actually meant was that..." He tried not to look bad in front of everyone. Why was he feeling like this? He was a member of the brotherhood before everyone else besides Neal, only joining when he was a child. His aerokinesis marveled Magneto, the original founder of the Brotherhood of Mutants.

"The truth is that my brother is over there. I teased him for wanting to join those traitors but there's a part of me that wants to meet him. Y'know... Try to get him to reconsider."

more_horiz
Neal watched the proceeding silently, taking in what was going on, trying to learn things about each of the member's plans to write into his notes.

He smiled when Dragon and Eris start talking about government ties and media connections. With his inside access and crews they would gain absolute control and subservience on the country. "Sounds good Dragon and Eris. You two will, I believe, prove most useful." He said bowing his head slightly before looking up at them.

"Yes. Where has this human government gotten us? Double-digit inflation, economic freefall, and most of all mutant oppression. Humans have made one helluva mess in this country, and there’s only one way to clean it up." He paused and stared at the group. "So Dragon and Eris, now is the time to declare yourselves. Ourselves." He said.

Humans just deserved this. The country continued to face the grim reality of mutant underdogs. Whether under the fascist dictatorship or democratic administrations, the rights of mutants were repeatedly violated as they are slapped with fabricated charges, arbitrarily arrested and illegally detained. Many of them are tortured and denied their right to defend themselves. Now this is time to free all mutant prisoners.

He turned towards Doran. "I think our combined work will do wonders. Of everyone here, I would say our abilities has been the most powerful and dangerous as we can influence the nature. And like what Dragon said, typhoon and storm surge are the most widely known devastating catastrophes and most feared. It will cause an alarming increase to distract the government and perhaps X-Men too, that could be what helps us." He grinned.

Neal had turned to address Dragon and Jason about the X-Men when Doran spoke again. His eyes flashed as they turned towards Doran and off of Dragon and Jason. He waited in a way that seemed patient until Doran finished, at which he raised an eyebrow and growled out a phrase, "I don't care!"

"Forgive me," He said, "But Doran, there's no place for traitors in a country supposedly free and treading a mutant path. "He said in a rude way. "Anyone who disassociates from our ideology to help someone from X-bastards, even though they're your loved ones has betrayed the Brotherhood." He continued, noting Doran's opposition shrilling through the wind.

"Now as you were saying Dragon and Jason about other mutants who can help us, well I just don't trust people who has little to their name. The risk of just accepting anyone to join us is the risk of messing up our plan. Our plan is making progress, I am uncomfortable sharing this to any strangers until I was certain of their loyalty of each of them." He told them, smiling horribly at each of them.

"X-Men is not a problem." He said. "We can handle them, we don't need 30 + mutants to defeat them. Let’s be honest, we eavesdrop too. Everyone is listening to everyone else. So we need an ear from X-Men. A spy that will give us info about their plans. After we got enough info we can always attack them."

more_horiz
Dragon growled deeply at Doran and glared at him "You gonna stop me? You'll be a traitor. Its a bad move, I'd call it quits Doran." his hand clutching his revolvers grip. He listened to Neal and a wide grin formed across his face. "Well...I know somone who maybe able to help us. Logan Grimm, he has a hate for x-men but is one, he intends to destroy it from within, I can make him get his ear to ground and get us what ever, ofcourse. I wont be able to deal with my cousin directly, thats where his half brother, also my cousin, Reaper comes in. He can get what we need from Logan, I also recived word from Reaper that another cousin of mine is comming. He intends to be a X-Student. Kronos. I can get him also. Thats two people you can use Neal. However, direct contact will obviously be a no go" he paused momentarily then continued "Neal, I don't want to beat the xmen I want to embarrass there futile attempt to stop their superiors, I want to prove a point, as show of force is nessacary" he smiled. A blip went of, its origin. Was Dragons data pad he chuckled. Then pressed a few buttons on his Data pad. He spoke. "My boys are already starting to prepare." He glared at doran again, obviously not impressed. Idoiot, needs to control himself, I don't care who he thinks he is, a bullet through his skull will shut him up. he thought. He moved around the roof. Then placed his hands on the low wall "This world is ripe for the picking. Looks like its us who's going to take it" he muttered before turning to Neal and awaiting his response.

more_horiz
Neal couldn't help but smirk a little as Dragon spoke, his voice seeming to drip with devotion. More of him would be good, that was for sure, but Neal wasn't stupid, perhaps Dragon was doing this to establish himself too. Still, Neal couldn't help but feel pleased.

"By the way," He said, ignoring Dragon for the time being to make it clear to the rest of the congregated that he wouldn't be playing favorites, "I'm pleased to inform you that the editor-in-chief of New York Times has agreed to lend his support in our campaign, preparing himself to spread the word of our new regime once it is established. So we have now an outlet available that  will provide extremely distorted coverage of what we are planning to do." He told them all quickly, a feeling of elation rushing through him as he realized just how far they were coming along.

"Now, as we all know, U.S.A. is under martial law, so it is kinda hard to find a time to strike, any attempts to take over will be considerably difficult." He explained. "So I am thinking if we can abduct the President?" Neal remembered the time when he, Loika and Peter saved the President in Peru but after that non-sense rescue, the Big Boss had done nothing. He didn't work in order for this country to have a peaceful coexistence between humans and mutants, instead, he proved that he was rather, a grandiose racist who deserved to die.

In an act that spoke more to his ego than his conscience, he threw misrepresentations and erroneous information in the air -- and trusted, somehow, that good would come of it. The President chose to cozie up to groups and agencies that were perceived still as enemies of mutant race such as Purifiers and M.R.D., Neal thought to end his history.

"And about this Jason Grimm guy. Well, according to your story Dragon, it indicates to me that he may be susceptible to coercion, we should attempt to make contact in the coming days." He instructed, turning suddenly to Dragon.

"Just do what you need to do," He said to everyone. "Prove yourselves to not need any guidance in this matter, I trust you to do what you like and have the desire effect." Neal said with a smile.

more_horiz
"I will speak to Reaper after this meeting. We have buisness anyway, as for Kronos. He's already agreed." Dragon cared not what anyone thought of him. He was simply devoted to the cause. "The president? haha sounds like a blast if I am honest." he walked towards the table and picked up his coins. "So. Let us rise" he turned his back to everyone for a moment as he sent Reaper a message.We need to talk. Usual. he turned back. "The president. I'd rather kill him." he smiled cruely but sighed. "but capture would be better"

more_horiz
Neal felt power from Dragon and there would be problems if he had more than one person who had that strength. Some of them should have to prove themselves, demonstrate that they were, in fact, one of the alpha here.

He looked into the eyes of each person individually for a moment, making them all feel like one person who was important to what he wanted. He smiled slightly, a small charismatic smirk that implied amusement at the proceedings around him.

"So let's summarize the plot, shall we: With Doran, I'll create a devastating typhoon." He looked at him for a while the he proceeded. "In the ocean as Dragon suggested." His eyes flashed towards Dragon. "Then we'll get the Media alerted. Science Departments and other Government Agencies too. User your connections, your contacts inside. We will use them to manipulate the public thoughts and feelings, conditioning them that the typhoon is a DIRECT result of natural calamity. Make no mistake: Fictional narratives have the capacity to alter reality. Right?" He paused and thought something for a second.

"But I also plan to gain public approval so that's where you Jason come in." He told him, looking around to make sure that everyone knew he was serious, before he walked around the rooftop. "This is now your time to prove yourself. I need you to act like a superhero in the middle of the bad weather." He smiled, letting that statement hanging in the air a few seconds.

"Of course you wont actually be a hero, all theatrics, but in order to gain public approval, you need to appear to be the good guy in order for us to achieve more than the Government. Using that popularity and respectable image, deceive the President, make him believe you are an ally, lure him into our snare before abducting him. Once we seized him, we can all have free reign, and the X-Men, the biggest thorn in our side, I am to believe, will be vanished eventually. With the power we will hold, the public will believe what we say about them." He said sternly.

"Then that's the moment, we, together with other mutants, are going to attack and terrorize the humans. This includes; Deprivation of basic rights such as shelter, food, clothing, education, freedom of movement, assembly and speech and loss of personal safety and security. They will have no power over their lives. They will live in constant fear. They will be punished and exploited." He finished, looking around to gauge the reactions of the people sitting before him.

It was a risky plan, he realized it required a great deal of skill, patience, and a bottomless pit of political spin. Luck however was on his side, at any other time the Brotherhood would found a fully functioning mutant government.

more_horiz
A car pulled in front of the building. Engine shut off and Adrienne stepped out from the drivers seat, her clothes were as usual. Not to scare but to inform them that she would not to be messed with. She made sure no one was following her, she couldn't let anyone know they were having a meeting here. Not at this time anyway.

Walking toward the front door, without knocking she walked in. "So, sorry I am late. Had an important thing to take care of. Nothing to worry about though, nothing I couldn't have handled." said Adrienne as she took a seat. "I've heard the last bits of the conversation, is there anything I can help you with?" her words sounded like she really wanted to do the job.

more_horiz
Dragon chuckled as Adrienne Kerwin walked in. "I remember the time you started a fight with Cameron...That didn't go well for you did it, how many was it, 4? 5? hahaha" His face went blank and he turned back to Neal. "Hmmm, yes. Seems like a great idea. Now thinking of it...another natural disaster could take place. Just to add to Jason's heroics, making them truely believe him...A forest fire. A huge one, one that would turn into an inferno, easy enough for you to stop Jason...If you followed what I taught you. It would be fun aswell...all that fire. I can pull it off, but I will need air boy over there to help it spread faster. Start on a nice summer day, make sure no clouds are in the sky, thats your job Neal, then set fire to the very big forest lands in the US and well...make an inferno, after a few tens of thousand die and they deem it unbeat able. Jason, you step in and I will collapse it as you stop it. Its a valid point..."

more_horiz
Neal lifted an eyebrow when Adrienne entered. "Adrienne, you're too early for tomorrow..." He smirked and shook his head. He knew she was powerful. She seemed to know things. He knew there was potential with her as well but Neal just hoped she didn't have a reputation for habitual tardiness. Neal didn't care if she had important thing to take care of. It's not an excuse. If she'd continue this then a lot of stuffs would been laid to waste for falling short of what was expected of her simply because she did not have the time to adequately prepare or do the things she needed to do.

Then he turned to Dragon  who seemed intent on continually interjecting and seemed to know everything, and wanted to be a part of everything. "Yes... yes... But for now, let's focus on this typhoon plot first before anything else." He said dryly.

Neal watched the groups expressions again. He decided since the plan was out in the open, it was time to move on. Neal walked once more. "So you all now know the plan, by the way, speaking of jobs," He paused and looked at Adrienne. "Thanks for reminding me that.  I have a couple jobs for a few of you before we get started. Dragon and Doran, since you two personally know someone inside, you are to tail Jason Andrews and Charles Xavier." He paused for a moment, watching again the expression of the people. Some were shocked, others in disbelief. "Yes Charles Xavier! A little birdie from a lame mutant group told me that Professor X is back so you have follow them, and note what times they go where, we need to know their day to day plans." Neal said addressing the two.

"Eris and Adrienne, you two are to follow Scarlet Hawthorne, if you don't know her, you will find that she is currently at M.R.D. Find out her day to day routine. And she will have M.R.D. bodyguards with her at all times, so don't do anything stupid." Neal said.

"While I and Jason, we're going to keep an eye on the President." Neal said with a smile.

more_horiz
Dragon walked in a circle. "Kay, I call Jason. He sounds like fun. Now...I need to see Reaper. Eris? You comming?" he walked to Neal with a slip of paper in an envelope Touch Eris like you attempted recently again, and I will be forced to take rash action, you know I'm loyal, don't make me do something we'll both regret-Archangel he kissed Eris's cheek and walked out the door. He slipped round the corner walking down the street heading for where he agreed to meet Reaper previously. He smiled as he now had purpose.

more_horiz
Neal took the envelope and read the words in the paper inside it. He crumpled it, walked forward, ignoring the possible look and assuming stare of Dragon. His snide remarked, his superior way of acting. Neal didn't care. He was not afraid of him. He was ready to make it quite clear if Dragon insisted. He walked towards Jason to talk to him about the President, his brow furrowed.

Neal would not attempt to touch Eris again, not because of Dragon's threat. But because of Eris herself. Good old-fashioned respect was essential in a healthy relationship with a woman, whether personal or professional, romantic or platonic, whatever it may be. As Neal would wish to be respected, then should he extend respect. Especially to a strong woman like Eris Calor.

more_horiz
(OOC: Please make a thread in any Forum you prefer, and only one post for Jason Andrews, one for Professor X, and one for Scarlet Hawthorne. Please PM the person whom you are supposed to be following for more information.

Thank you!)

more_horiz
Doran ignored Dragon's growl and obvious warning to Neal about touching Eris. "I'll take on Charles... I'll somehow get my brother to help—assuming he still misses me. He doesn't need to know the full plan. His telepathy isn't on par with Charles as I recently discovered out there by the park. Eris saw it. Electrifying MRD one by one." Doran chuckled."Back to subject, I saw that my brother's telekinesis is just budding, but he has developed the strength to use it for illusion. It'll be perfect for sneaking. In the beginning of the Brotherhood, Charles had the tendency to pop into peoples heads. " Doran smiled

more_horiz
Adrienne shot Dragon a distasteful glare. What has happened in a past, has happened. It wasn't a matter for discussion. "Don't worry, I still have debts to settle with them. It's not over yet...not as long as I am around." said Adrienne, turning to look at Neal. So far what she got from this whole meeting was that they are going to attack several people. This wasn't going to be an easy task, seeing how the people they were supposed to kill were more powerful then them. But they advantage...they were working as teams. Which means, the odds were stocking in their favor.

"While I love the killing of the president idea, don't you think it will put the country in complete civil war. Besides, Vice-President will take up the job if the president is gone." said Adrienne. She wasn't going to be tied down to one place. "Why do you think Scarlett Hawthorne is dangerous?" scoffed Adrienne. "She is just a human. A weak human who hides behind her guns. We can take her out in a heartbeat. Why wait?"

more_horiz
Eris listened, standing in the shadows whilst they spoke of plans. Staring at Neal as he paired her and Adrienne together, she couldn't help but growl. Dragon had left and asked if she was coming which she gladly nodded before walking up to Neal. bowing her head with respect. ''I shall try my best to get this 'Scarlett Hawthorne.' She sounds very familiar and being a human...even better.'' Turning towards Adrienne, her gold and blue eyes stared her down. ''I will work with you...with great reluctance but i believe...you'll be a good help. I shall contact you if i find out anything about Scarlett.'' Slowly walking to Jason, she enveloped him in a giant hug. ''Good to know i finally have a brother...We shall meet again.'' She whispers and waves at Doran with a sly wink before running after Dragon and leaves District X with him.

more_horiz
Neal waited for Dragon and Eris to leave before he spoke once more. Standing, he turned to Adrienne. "I didn't say kill Adrienne, just abduct him. After that, then that's time we'll figure out what shall we do to him. And I didn't think that Scarlett is dangerous." He waited a few seconds to feel what effect he was having before he delved into his bigger speech and with a calm voice said. "But we cant just kill her. Why? Simple. We need to know what she knows. We need to find out whether the public statements of the M.R.D. go with what’s being said behind closed doors. Topics could include their thinking on newest strategies on capturing mutants, the mutants they're tailing, or their plans for talks with the Government about any anti-mutant programs." He paused to let all of that soak in before he continued.

"We shall use any kind of digital information tools that will make it possible for us to vacuum up a vast quantity of data. Get it?" He finished strolling again.

more_horiz
Great Minds Think Alike (R-13) - Page 2 869433-bigthumbnail
Lakai was watching from the shadows. To the untrained eye she was just a big white dog. Maybe a German shepherd or husky mix. One eye blue, one eye green. She listened to the conversation. Neal was already more dangerous than Shikon was. Shikon was soft.

She stepped half way out of her hiding place and looked up at Neal. Her head was cocked to the side like a curious dog. She wanted in. Unfortunately most of them didnt want her. That was the usual story of her life though. Unfortunate, but she dealt with it.

more_horiz
While Neal was waiting for Adrienne's response. He looked around and saw a dog that stood there.  A beast of a dog, large and half-wolf looking, one eye blue, one eye green. He knew who it was but he didn't know how to acknowledge her presence.  Neal's eyes scanned the rooftop.

The large dog cocked her head to the side and Neal sent a lightning bolt towards her spot, not exactly at her, just her spot. Not enough to tear the floor, but enough to let everyone know that someone was watching the assembly. Neal looked around and exclaimed, "Excuse me," to the group. "Someone's dog is in here. I don't know what you'd like to do with it, but it may be lost." He grinned.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum