X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteFirst Snow (PG-13)

more_horiz
Strange...Freak...Odd-eyes... The words of the other students echoed in Briana's mind as she walked among the trees on the grounds of the school. She pulled her scarf tighter around her neck as she let her feet take her where they would on the trail. Putting her hand into her denim coat pocket, she wrapped her fingers around the silver coin she always carried with her. Looking up, a smile touched her lips as she saw the tell-tale signs of snow preparing to fall.

Making her way to a large rock a little off the trail, her boots made a crisp crunch as stepped on the fallen needles. Taking a seat, she took her hand from her pocket and opened her palm. Seeing the coin, she floated it only an inch or two above her hand and gently let it spin. The motion calmed her slightly. As peaceful as it was here, she secretly longed for someone to talk to...

Last edited by Briana Walker on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: First Snow (PG-13)

more_horiz
Silus was done with his work, heck he was already three chapters ahead in the text books for each class it was applicable to. Now he just had to kill some time between his classes. He did this the same way he always did. He went to the pool, or he went outside around the institute grounds. Today in particular he went to the hiking trails, deciding that rather than just going up, he'd go a little off. Today he ended up at a rock, one he like because it kept people from finding him easily.

He sat, back against the rock, not caring if his everyday gear got a little dirt on it, that's what jeans were for anyway. He tried to remember everything in peace, he tried to recall the memories he'd lost, and he tried to exhaust all of his stored up energy. He was off the trail, no one was around. He didn't need to be the "tough guy" that he was at the school, here he could just let his power go and he could just be him. With his glowing emerald eyes he sighed and sat back against the rock, soaking in the nature around. he started to count breaths until he finally dozed off for a moment. He woke to the feeling of a wet course surface on his fingers. His eyes opened, still glowing green as he looked down at a little red fox licking his fingers. With a smile his hand slowly lifted and began to scratch the fox bhind the ear, it was amazing how friendly some animals around here were. Silus leaned over, picking the Fox up and placing it in his lap, petting it.

"Awe look at da cute little guy! Who's a cute little guy?" He asked it, coddling the little beast as he began running his hand over the little guy's head. He suddenly gasped, the fox's head jerked back and looked at Silus, looking a little guarded. Silus chuckled. Animals were pretty rad, compared to mutants and humans at least. "What, you gonna say something? Can I record it? Send it to that idiot on youtube...?" He asked, the Fox cocked it's head off to the side and seemed to whine. Suddenly there was a crunch and the Fox began to scamper around, if Silus didn't have such a hold on it it would have gotten away, he was honestly shocked it didn't bite him. He poked his head around the rock and glared, calming himself and letting his glowing eyes fade as he looked at who had spooked the little creature he was holding.

more_horiz
Briana had been distracted by the spinning coin but then her ears picked up on a rustle or a whimper of some kind. Looking around, she slowly got to her feet and as quietly as she could began to look for the source of the sound. Keeping her mind on the coin floating in her hand, now spinning painfully slow, she peered around the wall of rock, and spotted a boy she thought she remembered from her classes. he was dressed in a rough-and-tumble kind of fashion and suited him well... Very well... Then her dual-colored eyes fell on the fox in his arms. "You have quiet a way with animals..." she said with a smile, but not getting any closer. Briana didn't want to scare the fox any more than she likely already had.

more_horiz
"Thanks..." He said flatly as he began to coax the fox a little before letting it go and letting it trot off. He looked back at the girl and smiled, bobbing his head a little, not exactly for any real reason. This was odd...not many people are willing to move off the hiking trails. Why was she any different? Well, her eyes were dichromatic, which was a pretty nifty genetic mutation which made her different, but still why was she out here in the middle of nowhere?

"A little far form the path aren't ya?" Silus asked as he leaned his head back against the rock and sighed as he settled in and relaxed, snow falling around them. He felt a flake land on his nose and he groaned a little inside. Oh how he hated the snow...

more_horiz
Briana watched the fox as it left the two of them. Turning her green-grey eyes back to the boy, she tilted her head slightly. A little far form the path aren't ya? Briana reached up and closed her hand around the silver coin and stuck both hands into her jacket pockets. "Could say the same to you. Figured it's safe from 'disapproving' eyes a little ways off the trail," she answered back. As snow began to lightly fall, Briana tossed her head, allowing her blonde hair to fall over her shoulder and down her back. She liked the snow, but she preferred warmer temperatures. Seeing a snowflake land on his nose, she grinned slightly, for a moment. "What brings you away from the path?" she asked, leaning against the wall of stones, crossing one foot over the other, resting the toe of her boot on the ground. She didn't raise her eyes to him, afraid that he would have something cruel to say to her about them, too.

more_horiz
"And I guess you could say the same for me...doesn't change the fact I asked you though..." He replied lazily as he crossed his arms and shifted around. "Thought I'd get away from people out here." He said. It probably didn't make sense...Silus was known for being a tough guy, the scrapper sort, him "getting away" from people didn't seem like something he'd do. He leaned back and sighed as he found the PERFECT way to sit, slightly on his tail bone, just enough so his back could curve and he could see the muscles loosen around his spinal column. "I don't need ta fight anyone out here either...unless of course you try to kill me...otherwise It's all calm around here." He said teasingly towards the girl as he forced his eyes closed, similar to as if he were going to sleep.

He opened his eyes for a moment, and he was so at ease for the moment that he let his guard down, and his eyes shown brightly off the falling snow. With a snort, a cloud of crystal fog appeared as the warmth of the breath met the cold air. These eyes were more trouble than they were worth.

more_horiz
Briana looked up slightly, as if through her long lashes at his comments about why he was away from the path. So, a rough-and-tumble attitude to go with his fashion sense... As he leaned back, she watched him relax and helped her to relax, too. "Why would I try to kill you? I don't know you nor much about you," she said to his comment about when and who he fights. Turning, so her back was against the wall, she planted the foot that was crossed flat against it. Holding her hand out to catch snowflakes she said, "I don't know much about anyone, really." Briana looked over her shoulder at him and said, "I'm Briana, by the way, or Bri, if you like. What's your name?" She was just trying to be polite as she wasn't the shy type, normally. At seeing, what she thought was a green glow coming from his eyes, her eyes narrowed slightly and only for a moment. Unsure if she had seen what she thought she had seen, a small smile touched her lips before she looked away. Maybe his eyes set him apart, too.

more_horiz
"It was a joke sweetheart." Silus said, the faintest sound of amusement in his voice as he noticed her taking his comment to heart. She introduced herself as Briana, or "Bri" if he seemed to feel like it. He really didn't feel like calling a stranger by a 'nickname', though it might make her a little more comfortable which would be the 'friendly thing to do'. With a glance around he figured no one of note would witness the kindness, so he'd entertain this for a bit.

"Silus." He replied plainly. His eyes faded back to their usual color and he looked back at her, scanning her up an down as he seemed to glare at her. Once he assumed she wasn't a threat his paranoia settled in, and he smiled a little. He lifted his left arm, and brought his right hand underneath it, extending a hand. "Nice to meet ya Bri." He said. He chuckled and looked around. They were rather...far from the hiking trail. It was hard to imagine that two people suddenly found each other here. How...odd was this?

more_horiz
It was a joke sweetheart. Briana turned to look at him with a soft smile. "Sorry, just been a little on edge thanks to several others here," she said, a little embarrassed. When he introduced himself as Silus, she tipped her head to him and moved to shake his hand. Slipping her hand into his, she gave it a gentle squeeze. "It's nice to meet you, Silus," she said. Even though he was all rough-and-tumble, he seemed like he wasn't all 'bad'. Getting a closer look at his eyes, she noticed they were actually quite handsome. Briana offered a small smile, but then a shiver crept up her spine, causing her smile to fade. Not now.... Not now.... Closing her eyes, Briana took a deep breath to help try and focus her mind on something else. As the chill began to lessen, she opened her eyes and her smile slightly returned. "Do we have class together?" she asked, trying to place where she had seen him at the school.

more_horiz
"Yea. I think. You came in late to Inner mind and Biology right?" Silus asked, pretty sure those were the two classes he had seen her in. With the handshake over he retracted his hand and resumed his crossed arm sitting posture as he yawned and shifted around slightly.

"So...I take it the others aren't exactly "friendly" with ya huh?" He asked as he tried making idle conversation. He knew this story all too well. In fact he JUST had this conversation with Fal. Mutants are so ungodly mean to each other sometimes it's despicable. Especially to people who don't deserve it. Take Silus for example, when he first got to the institute he was a good kid, sweet and soft, kind hearted. They tore into him...in every way possible. So what did he do? He fought back, turned himself into a "Tough Guy" who showed he wasn't afraid to fight despite detentions or expulsion. Now people are all scared of him and avoid him. As much as that hurt he'd rather that than how things used to be. His blood pressure shot up, his face got red as anger stewed inside him, his eyes flashing for a moment before dimming. He tried to calm himself, but the only way he could do that was to try and forget. He sighed and stood up brushing his jeans off and leaning up against the rock, watching his breath dissipate into the air as he exhaled.

more_horiz
Briana nodded with a small shrug. "Gotta love showing up late and getting signed up at the last minute. Weren't you in World History, too?" she asked, as she slipped her hands into her pockets. Feeling the coin against her fingers, she closed her hand around it in comfort. So...I take it the others aren't exactly "friendly" with ya huh? Briana leaned against the rock and sighed. "I don't know that I would go as far as to say that. It's just easier for them to poke fun at something they can see versus what they can't," she said looking at him, letting the light hit her dual-colored eyes. "I can usually get over it pretty quick, but when you're thrown into a new place with new people...well, it proves a little more difficult. But, I'm used to it," she said, simply. She was. Briana had been teased and picked on all her life even before she found out she was a mutant. Having two different colored eyes did tend to make on stand out.

When Silus' demeanor changed, causing his face to redden slightly and the same green flash to occur, Briana's features softened. "Hey, you ok?" she asked, turning to face him and resting a hand on the rocks, concern filling her voice. So his eyes were different to, in a way. Striking.... Mysterious.... Intriguing....

more_horiz
"Yeah. I'm sorta...irked is all. Uh yeah, I was in World History. Oh yeah, you shoed up right after I thought that girl was about to alter the past. Not the brightest move, but ya can't blame her." He said as he chuckled. He scratched the corner of his right eye as he sighed content to breath in the cold air at the moment.

"Well uh...word to the wise sweetheart. Don't let people walk on ya. Make it clear from round one that you ain't anyone's rag doll. You don't need them to fear you, but you gotta make it clear you aren't gonna get shoved over." Silus said as he sighed and ran his right hand back through his hair, giving it the stylish spike he normally wore. He shook out his arms and he cleared his throat. "Once you show 'em you're just as good as they are they'll back off, until then you're a meal to these kids. I swear...their evil." He said with a scoff of disbelief. He looked back to Briana with a smile and shrugged. This place could be a jungle, and for some reason...Silus didn't want to see her get eaten.

more_horiz
Briana giggled lightly as Silus told her of the excitement that she just missed when she entered World History late. "Altering the past, huh? Don't know that that would have been the best plan on the first day of class," she said brightly. She was beginning to feel like her old self the longer she talked with Silus, something she had missed in the short time she was here.

At his advice, she brushed a stray lock of her blonde hair away from her face and tucked it behind her left ear, revealing her piercings. "That's good advice, slick. Don't want to be a doormat. Show I'm just as good as they are.... I think I can manage that," she mused, winking her green eye. Was he looking out for her? "Why do you say they are evil?" she asked, curiously, "They can't all be."

Something he said made her think of something else. He was upset.... Could that have been the cause... "Forgive me for being forward, and you don't have to answer if you don't want... But, you said you were upset... Are your emotions tied to your powers?" she asked carefully, yet boldly. The last thing she wanted to do was offend someone who could be a potential friend.

more_horiz
"They can't all be." She stated. Silus looked at her with a slight grin and wide eyes. His look was basically asking her "ya wanna bet?" Though maybe he was judging a little too harshly, there were a few good people in the mix here. Fal and Val were definitely on the good-guys. Silus having a relatively decent relationship with Fal basically ensures that this girl's got a friend. Silus smiled, knowing that now that Fal was listening to him and "fighting back" Fal would be the best influence for Bri, and honestly Bri would probably keep her from going too far.

"Nah...not all of 'em I guess. The Professor's are pretty good...'cept the Inner Mind guy." Silus said, rubbing his eyes and shuddering. Silus was a man of little hate, but the hate he had was pretty potent. He couldn't claim to truly hate Luka, but he wasn't exactly going to have lunch with the guy. "Fallon Black, the girl in Inner Mind I was talkin' too? You'd get along with her I think, she's a good one. Kronos is trouble... Kronos Grimm. He's a nice enough guy, but he's in it for the adrenalin rush ya' know?" Silus asked with a laugh. He immediately remembered why he loved Kronos after that point.

He bit his lower lip gently and sighed, looking towards the ground. She asked a tough question, not tough to answer, but tough to maneuver around. He started off with "Uuuuuhhhh-" And he chuckled a little, semi nervous about the question. His paranoia began to kick in and his adrenalin was coursing through his veins. He took a deep breath in and like everything else in life he dove in head first. "No, not directly. I-uh... My powers are...kinda.... I need to focus to keep them in check, when I remember something or I'm feeling strongly about something I...I lose my grip on them and they slip through. I came out here because this is the place where I let my guard down and I can just let all the extra "energy" out. I didn't think I'd get found out here." He said, he wasn't mad, but it was pretty obvious that he was a little guarded over the question.

more_horiz
Fallon Black. I will have to keep an eye out for her... Same with this Kronos Grimm... Briana was thankful that he pointed out a couple of people for her. "And you? Where do you cast your lot? The good or the bad?" she said with a grin.

Briana watched and listened as Silus worked out how to answer her question. It seemed she wasn't the only one who had troubles talking about that which she can't control. "Hope I'm not imposing on joining you in your 'get away'. Your powers slip though and your eyes react?" she asked carefully. Looking around at the scenery around them, she could see why he came out here to simply let loose. It's off the beaten path, away from judging eyes... The same reasons she came out. Dropping her eyes to the ground she said, "You're not the only one who has problems with control. At least you can control yours to a degree. I only have that luck with one..." Her words trailed off on her last sentence.

more_horiz
"What I'm doing isn't really control...it's not something you can control." He said honestly, becoming almost instantly infuriated with himself. He SHOULD be able to control it, he SHOULD be able to use his mutation as he sees fit...but he can't. He was too weak, and weakness was not acceptable. Not to Silus. "It's something you block out, something you deny." He tried to explain it a little, before he realized that he was seething with hatred and self loathing. He planted his palm on his forehead and ran his hand back over his head, messing up the current stylish spike.

"My eyes....they come alive when I let my power through, they-they glow and it's just not...it's not normal." He said. He loathed his mutation, and ever since he knew what exactly his mutation was he despised it, he blamed it for the loss of his memory, he blamed it for the fact that his family, that HAD to exist never came back for him and left him for dead. He blamed his mutation on not being able to form any relationships, friendly or otherwise. Silus pushed off the rock with his shoulder blades. "You wanna know what group I'm in? I'm Evil, the worst of 'em. I'd warn you about me but I'm honestly surprised the rest of them haven't already. Also, no you aren't intruding, I was just leaving." He said with a scoff, placing his hands in his pocket as he started to walk towards the trail. He wasn't leaving because of her, because he smiled nicely at her...but he was looking for a shift in location, if she followed so be it.

more_horiz
Briana looked up as Silus began to explain to her about how his power was something he denied, not controlled. She envied him a bit... He could do something about his, where she could not. Hearing his irritation rising as he told about his eyes glowing when his power comes through, she started to understand. He was frustrated with his mutation. "Not normal? Of all the things to say in a place like this. Slius, what is normal? Look at all the students and staff here..." she started to say. Normal was not a word that she used very often after she found out she was different. Normal really didn't exist for her anymore...

I'm Evil, the worst of 'em. Briana was taken aback at his words about himself being the worst of the worst. No one had told her about anyone around her, mostly because they were too busy staring at her eyes that set her apart from everyone even though she was surrounded by others with all different varieties of mutations. When he went to leave, Briana let him take a few steps before she decided to follow him. "And what makes you a bad guy, slick?" she asked as she rushed to walk beside him, matching his strides. "You're talking to someone who knows what it's like to be not 'normal'. At least your eyes can be normal most of the time. And when they aren't, from the little glimpses I saw, they are nothing to be ashamed of. They make you unique and add to your....mysterious self," she commented.

more_horiz
"You want to know what makes me such a bad guy?" Silus asked. He stopped dead in his tracks and cracked his neck and knuckles, looking to Bri with a wry smile. He already had a plan in place now, and there was very little chance that anyone was going to derail it. He looked to the Institute not far off, and then he looked back to Bri. "Okay sweetheart. You and your gorgeous eyes are gonna walk into the school, I'm gonna follow. You gotta act clumsy and run into someone or do SOMETHING to get the biggest, baddest guy in there mad at you... then I'm gonna show you why I'm so bad." He said. He was in no way bluffing, he was in no way joking, he was dead serious, 110% serious. He wanted her to be the damsel in distress, and trust him to show up and show her why he was so "evil"

He crossed his arms, an almost knowing smirk and eyes fixated on her dichromatic ones. He was almost daring her into it, knowing that no matter how much trouble she caused he could probably get her out of it, she would need to do something like punch Professor Logan in the nuts in order for her to not be able to bail her out. Thankfully, Professor Logan wasn't here, so that eliminated that possibility. "You wanna know why I'm evil? Do this and I'll tell you whatever you wanna know." He added it in, fairly confident that it would seal the deal on this whole issue. Though part of him wished he'd had shut his mouth. If she really does do this and asks what his power is, he's not going to be able to lie to her, since he promised to answer.

more_horiz
Briana heard his proposition, and as she looked towards the school she felt the chill of her power creeping over her once again. Setting her jaw and gripping the coin in her pocket, she did her best to push it away. The halls, dark hair, black converse trainers.... flashes of light.... "Freak".... Giving her head a small shake, the vision passed. Briana looked back at Silus and, standing straighter, she said, "You're on..." With that, she made her way back to the school. Briana couldn't believe she was going along with this, but if that was what he wanted, then fine... Oddly enough, she trusted that whatever trouble her actions caused, he would be there to help her. She hoped....

more_horiz
"Aight....ladies first." Silus smiled and stuck out an arm, lowering his head a little, being a perfect "gentleman" and allowing her the chance to march on before him. He could only hope that she knew what she was getting into, and he could only hope the professors weren't around to try and stop him. Once he got started it wasn't exactly easy for him to stop himself. The only question left was who was the poor sap she was gonne 'fall victim' to?

more_horiz
OOC: Moved to https://worldofmutants.forumotion.com/t1470-to-prove-a-point-nc-17

Thread Complete

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum