X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Get outta here! (Open)

descriptionCompleteRe: Get outta here! (Open)

more_horiz
Chris' comment about her being the first in a long time to show him kindness made a gentle smile grace her face. She could tell that kindness wasn't something he was used to, and she was glad that she could give him some. Like lightning, right? Violet closed her eyes and tipped her head in a manner of saying 'just like that'. When she opened her eyes again, Violet wondered if he would find his destiny in New York should he go. Fate and destiny... Two things that Violet respected. Things happened for a reason, even if that reason was unclear at that time of the happening. As such, there was a reason that she crossed paths with Chris, but, as yet, it was unclear why.

Violet's hazel eyes never left him as he told of why it was dangerous for him to stay in one place. As he told of the electrocution of the people he caused, of his temper seeming to be linked to this...power, of him not being able to control it when it shows its face, Violet finally understood. Letting him finish with his questions of himself that all those like them asked at one time or another, she took a small drink of her coffee before speaking. Setting the cup down silently, Violet thought how best to talk about this. Looking at the white mug that held her drink she began, "You and I are more alike than you think, Chris. I understand completely what you are going through." Raising her eyes to him, she smiled a genuine smile. "There is nothing wrong with you or the power you posses. You are not insane or a freak or possessed. You are...unique...." she said lowering her voice to hardly above a whisper. Leaning in and crossing her arms on the table, she whispered, "Just as you are unique, I am, too. We are, what are called mutants...."

Violet could have showed him her power, but she wanted to wait to see his reaction to what she just told him. Normally, she wasn't as bold as she had just been to talk about what she was, about the whole being a mutant thing. But, Chris needed to know. He needed to know that he wasn't alone and that she knew what he was going through. She was expecting him to call her crazy and storm out, but Violet gave him the benefit of the doubt that he might actually listen to what she was saying. If he took this well, then she could tell him more. If not, well, at least she had a nice few moments of excellent company.

more_horiz
Hearing Violet speak on his thoughts only went on to reassure him. While he was still skeptical that she could do anything like he knew he was capable of doing, her words served to calm him and his trust in her pushed him to belief. Was he truly anything unique, though, or simply a glorified potential murderer. He'd seen the kind of voltage he could put out and it was more than enough to cause an elephant to sizzle and pop let alone light up or even blackout a city grid. Regardless of the power level, his main goal was control given that his ability was currently in the habit of controlling him with the slightest change in mood. Chris could only hope that nothing happened that would put anyone in danger, let alone Violet who had been so helpful to him thus far and for no apparent reason other than a feeling of mutual trust.

The young man didn't know for sure and likely never would, but suspected that their feelings came from some subconscious knowing that one another were different. Even before she mentioned it, Chris had thought that to be the case but the middle of a diner was no place for either of them to display signs of being anything that boring and normal. As far as he was concerned, it was their only safeguard. At hearing the term used to describe their 'kind', his brows furrowed as if in disgust before whispering back, "That word makes us sound like some kind of disease. Don't get me wrong... what I can do is potentially dangerous, but I'm - we are still people. It just sounds judgmental is all."

Chris had many questions and if he was speaking with someone like him, he figured she was the best person to share his questions, concerns and even fears with in relation to his power. "Well... I will say this: this conversation over coffee just became the most obscure but interesting I've ever had in my life. It trumps the sex talk when I was fifteen." He followed through with a slight chuckle, taking a sip of his coffee then looked back at Violet. "So... you know I'm a walking electrical current. What do you do? If you don't mind, that is?"

more_horiz
Violet relaxed and sighed slightly when Chris didn't get up and make a speedy exit. It was like her words brought some answers and peace to him without really answering anything. Deep down, she almost flet like she knew he wasn't going to run. Maybe it was possible that there was a kind of connection other than simply being mutants that drew them together. His observation of what the term sounded like made her shrug. "Not a disease, but a....'mess-up' if you will in our genetic coding. It's just something to name what we are. Many don't care for that particular term, but it is as it is," she said lightly with a small smile. The truth of the matter was, many did judge them for being different, many saw them as a disease then needed to be snuffed out as quickly as possible. But, there were others that saw them as Chris did: people, just like everyone else, whether they were dangerous or not. "You are right. Even though we are as we are, we are still people... Just a little different," Violet answered him with a wink.

Chris' light comments about this conversation going from typical to the very odd made her laugh. It certainly is one for the books as far as conversations you don't have everyday go. His question of what she did, since she knew about him, made her raise her eyes to meet his. "I don't mind, now that you know," she answered. Looking around to see what she could use to show Chris her power, Violet found some shadows she could use. Leaning in, she whispered, "Watch the waitress' apron."

Looking to the brunette waitress that was busy with the table across the diner from theirs, Violet raised her hand, as if she were going to rest her cheek against it and extended her first and second finger out in a natural position against her lips. Moving her hand slightly away from her face, what looked like a small tendril of the surrounding shadow slinked out from the rest and grabbed a hold of the ties of the waitress' apron. Glancing at Chris, Violet smirked before looking back at her work. In a fluid motion, Violet brought her hand back towards her face, closing her fingers into a light fist. The shadow that gripped the apron tie, pulled back, effectively untieing it and causing it to fall to the floor. Violet smiled to herself and looked back at Chris, lowering her hand and folding it with the other on the table. "Umbrakinesis..." she said simply, "I can control and manipulate shadows."

more_horiz
Chris didn't like being thought of as a screw up in any form. With what he could do, he wouldn't call it that and maybe it was some sort of gift that he was uncertain of how to use at that point in time. His family turning their backs on him may have just been the door to one life closing to allow another to open. Earlier in his life, he always felt like he was destined for more than a simple life of moving day to day in the mundane; now that his chance to be something greater had arrived, he couldn't even control it or understand it. With a nod, he showed his acceptance that Violet agreed with his words on them still being people and not monsters or anything sinister just different. "Yeah. Well... people should be more accepting. They don't make fun of people in wheelchairs, do they?"

He chuckled and took another sip from his coffee before turning to look as she moved her hands. Chris' brows furrowed as his eyes moved back and forth from Violet to the waitress wondering what was going to happen only to find that the very shadows near her moved into action. It was remarkable and he smiled brightly as it was likely the biggest smile he'd had in years though seeing Violet's gift for himself made him feel less alone in the world. He had someone he could speak with and share his feelings with on what had happened to him. As the young man sat the cup of coffee back down he glanced at Violet, still wearing the same smile which became a light chuckle.

"I used to think I was the only one," he declared while taking a look over at the waitress as she tried to discover why her apron took it upon itself to fall which caused Chris to grin a bit before he continued allowing his gaze to return to Violet. "It's good to know I'm not." The young man smiled then noted that everyone was either focused on their meal, cooking a meal, an apron, or leaving the building and he felt it was as good a time as any. He pulled one of the metal spoons from the rolled up napkin then centered it on the table. "You might want to lean back a bit."

He moved his right hand up from the table, holding it palm down over the spoon with almost a foot of distance between them before balling his fist and extending his index finger, allowing it to point downward toward the spoon. He then looked away from Violet to focus onto the object, having only used his ability when his emotions were high, he felt that focus was the key. Tilting his head a little bringing his chin toward his chest as his eyes narrowed and his teeth gritted. For just a moment, the lights in the diner flickered a few times before steadying out again then a single, thin blue bolt of electricity came from the tip of Chris' finger and down to the spoon with a hum then a pop upon making contact with the metal. The spoon itself went up into the air for a few inches before coming back down to the table and he suspected it was due to the force caused by the electricity. Everything appeared normal on the table top save for the outline of the spoon that had been burned onto the table with the super-heating the electricity caused.

Chris turned his gaze back to Violet with a smirk, then took another glance around to be sure no one got suspicious. Once satisfied with their discretion, he laughed a bit, "That's why I don't normally use anything but plasticware."

more_horiz
Putting her hands around her cup of coffee, Violet raised it to her lips and drank before setting it back down and looking into it. "People should, and some are. But, as the saying goes, people judge what they can't see and fear what they don't understand. Such is the life for us, sadly," she said solemnly. Humans could be cruel. Just as they judged and picked on others of their species that were different, so was the case with mutants, too. "Different has always been grounds for people to act differently. Even to their own..." Violet added lifting her eyes.

Seeing the reaction that her shadow play gave Chris, Violet couldn't help but beam at him. "Now....that is a smile," she said happily, "Definitely a better fit than the scowl you were sporting before." Something about that smile made Violet happy. It wasn't everyday that she got the chance to see happiness like that coming from something she said or did. "We all feel like we are alone at the start. But, Chris, trust me when I say, you are anything but alone. Those like us...well, we are all over...." she whispered and motioned in a circle with her hand as a generic gesture of 'all around you'. Violet's smile lessened as Chris looked around, which she mirrored in case there was something she missed. At his small warning to lean back, she picked up her cup and did as he suggested.

Watching as he positioned a spoon on the table and then placed his hand over it, she watched intently as she waited for his power to show itself. When the light flickered, she glanced up before looking at Chris. Seeing is focused face, she returned her hazel eyes to the spoon and his hand. As the lights returned to normal and a bright bolt of blue electricity shot from his finger to the spoon, making it jump, Violet's eyes grew wide and her smile returned. Setting her cup back on the table, she reached out and touched the scorch mark left from him super-heating the spoon with his electric shock. "Very nice...." she mused, looking up at him. Seeing him happy with what he had done, and just happier since finding he's not alone with his abilities was wonderful to Violet. Such a transformation from the down and out man she met earlier. He was much more attractive this way...

Sipping her coffee, Violet wasn't prepared for his joke about not using metal silverware which made her all but choke on the drink. Swallowing the liquid quickly, Violet gave two small coughs to help clear her throat. "I can understand why," she teased him with a light laugh.

more_horiz
"Yeah, people fear what they don't understand," he declared in agreement and looked at her in seriousness, "we can never live normal lives, can we? People who can do these things - these gifts we have are too obscure for normal life surrounded by others." He shook his head and sighed, "I can control electricity and you control darkness - it's not like non-mutants would just welcome us into society with open arms." He ran a hand through his hair and shook his head, taking another sip of coffee then crossing his arms atop the table, "Sorry. I guess I'm just anxious about what happens next..."

Chris' smile didn't fade even when Violet called him out on it. He was far to overjoyed to have found someone with abilities as he was but the smile she was displaying made it hard for him to do nothing other than smile ear to ear. "I'm just happy to know I'm not alone is all. It's something I convinced myself long ago and here I am with you and you're proof of the contrary, even by yourself." Mutants were everywhere, though he'd never come across one up until then that he was aware of. It was possible that he'd spoken to one or drank next to one at some point over the past couple of years but Violet was the first mutant other than himself that he'd had a conversation with at length and felt as though he could trust.

Chris nodded after his electrical display, happy to be able to show it to someone and not feel like he was alone in the world or a freak of nature. Whatever he could do was a gift and he felt that maybe being around people like him would give him new purpose in life. Being around Violet had already had the effect of making him comfortable but it was bigger than that. Knowing she was like him, a 'mutant', he found himself hoping to meet up with her once arriving to New York. Chris wanted to get to know more about her and spend more time with her. He'd not had any sort of romantic involvement with anyone in years even before finding out what he was, but especially afterward. He considered it an opportunity to do something better with his life and make it better in Dan's memory. It wasn't going to be an easy road, but Chris believed he could manage with the help of those like him - with help from Violet. "You're the first person I've been able to show it to. It's like a weight off my chest to finally be myself. Thank you for this."

Her reaction to his joke made him laugh a bit with her just before the waitress arrived to fill their cups with warm coffee and asking what they'd like to eat. "I remember that you have a great chicken dinner plate here," he replied turning his gaze up to her, "so I'd like one of those, please. And some plastic utensils if it's not too much trouble." Chris offered a soft smile to the woman who made note of his order then turned to look at Violet in order to get hers. During that time, allowing her to get whatever she desired, he took a sip of his fresh cup of coffee while glancing over out through the window thinking about New York which prompted a question to form in his head. Once she'd finished placing her order, Chris looked back at Violet, "Are there more of us in New York? Is that why I need to go there?"

more_horiz
"Ones like us live what you call 'normal' lives all the time," Violet said using air quotes when she said the word normal. "It all just depends if you seek to lead a normal life. Take me, I'm a mutant but I hold a normal job as a financial adviser. Only a few of my patrons are mutants and the others, well, they have no idea about my....gift," she explained with a wink. "So, there is ample opportunity to have as normal a life as you can have as one such as us. What happens next, if up to you..." she said with a tender smile. She understood his anxiety. To suddenly know that there is a logical reason for why you did things that no one else could do.... It's a shock to the mind.

Seeing his smile not even falter even slightly pleased Violet. As he told about the reservations of being alone he had committed himself to, she remembered when she was the opposite. When she was younger, she was sure she was going to be only one in her family that wasn't a mutant. But, just like him, she soon discovered that she was among the mutant population after all. "I'm glad I could help you see that you aren't alone, and thank you for showing me. I remember my first time showing someone. Well, I didn't really get to show. My mother kind of walked in and saw my power working," Violet said with a small shrug. At his thanks, she tipped her head in a nod fashion, "You're welcome, Chris. Glad I could help."

Shortly after she spoke, the waitress returned, filled their cups, and asked what they would have to eat. Chris ordered the chicken he had told her about and, or course, plastic silverware. When asked what Violet would have, she said, "I think I will have the same." Violet glanced at Chris for a moment and then back up at the waitress. When the woman left, Chris asked her about if there being more mutants in New York being a reason to go there, she put her hands around the warm cup and nodded. "There are, Chris. There is even a school for young mutants," she said taking a sip of her warmed coffee. "Maybe it's why New York would be good for you," she added. While she wanted to tell him that if he came to New York, they might be able to meet again, she didn't want just throw that out there for this man she just met. But, seeing him so much more relaxed and having this feeling that he was....safe....Violet felt she defiantly wanted more chances to meet him and get to know him. Relationships were tough for her since her traumatic encounter at 15. Be that as it may, Chris was a possibility, if fate felt it to be so.

more_horiz
Chris couldn't resist laughing a bit at her description of a normal life. She could control shadows and obviously had much more control over her ability than he had. There was very little, if anything, that he would be able to do with his knack for electrifying things with so much as a slight raise in stress level. Financial advice would not suit him at all - how could the guy who was practically broke give any sort of advice to others on how to manage their own funds? Still, it answered many of his own questions about Violet given that she had a great job which explained her nice clothing. "No offense, Violet, but I don't think that a man who can manipulate and create electricity is a good fit for any normal life when I discharge two thousand volts if I stub my toe. I need to work on controlling this... gift, curse... whatever you want to call it, before I go asking for work. I don't wanna kill someone if they have a bad attitude or anything like that."

He was glad to know he wasn't alone and had he just walked away from Violet earlier that night, he'd have never known it and would have probably gone longer or possible the rest of his life believing himself to be a single freak in the world. He nodded back to her as she replied to his thanks then waited as she ordered and listened about the school for mutants. It sounded incredible that someone would open up a place for people like him and Violet to feel safe. He couldn't help but feel the need to tip his hat at that person if they ever met, but didn't see himself fitting in at a place full of youngsters. He scoffed a bit after taking another sip of coffee. "School? Eh, I really don't see myself going to classes with a bunch of kids. In fact - I think it'd drive me crazy. It's nice to know that there are others and someone is teaching them about this 'thing' they have, but I'm a decade or so late for that trip. Besides... I drink like a fish. I wouldn't wanna be a bad influence on anyone." Following his own knock to his personality, he laughed and shrugged at it being the truth. Still, he felt confident that there was always another option, especially in a place such as New York City.

more_horiz
Violet's hazel eyes met him as he spoke of not really being able to have a 'normal' life due to his lack of control. So, not only was he new to knowing about people like them, but he was new to the game as well. "You will learn to control your power, Chris. We were all in the same boat as you when we learned we had extra abilities. But, for whatever reason, yours has shown up rather late compaired to the norm," she said, gently leaning forward so she didn't have to speak so the whole diner heard what she was saying. "Normally, these powers show up somewhere around when we hit puberty. Sometimes sooner or later, it all depends on the person and the situation they are in. But, when they do show up, it takes time to learn to master them. Once you get learn how to control your power, you will have the ability to come off as any normal person. That, I can promise you," she said with a wink and a soft smile.

Violet laughed at his jab to himself about his drinking habits which confirmed her first suspisions about him when he was thrown from the bar. So, Chris did enjoy the drink. Well, enjoy or relied on... "Where you have to either learn on your own or find someone to help you learn, the students get that along with their normal studies at The Institute. I don't know that you'd want to sit in on their leasons, but there are professors there that might be more than happy to help you train," she explained. Then, dropping her eyes to her folded hands she thought of something that was very bold for her. Something that she would never, under any circumstances, offer to anyone... But, Chris was....different.... "Or, maybe, if you came to New York....if you wanted....No, nevermind...." she said shaking her head slgihtly and then thought better of it. Trust him.... Trust him, Violet... Looking up, her eyes tried to find the courage to finish what she wanted to say.

more_horiz
Chris figured he'd probably learn to control his ability eventually, but as Violet spoke of powers manifesting at puberty, he wondered if it would take him a decade to do so. Electricity, from what he remembered from high school, was one of the most powerful forms of energy created by nature and thus very unpredictable. His thoughts suddenly went back to his childhood of playing Mortal Kombat with his brother and how Raiden could control lightning. Though he wouldn't think of himself as a god in any sense of the word, he felt that he would impress his seven year old self with what he could do. "I believe you. I'm just glad that I can do what I do and didn't... sprout leaves or something worse - then being normal would be impossible. At least I still look the same. Might be a bit more electrifying than usual, but hey, no one's perfect, right?" He smiled softly deciding to keep his uncertainty, nervousness and downright worry about what would happen with him in the days, weeks, and years to come. He felt that Violet didn't need to see him as a mopey, whinny baby and rather someone who could take a bad situation and make it good which he intended to do.

Chris listened to her speak more on the school, but he had made up his mind that there was no chance in hell that he was going to stroll into a school full of mutants and start asking for training. In his mind, he was still capable of making up his own mind and doing what he wanted when it came to his new ability and learning to control it. As Violet went on, he watched her intently but she didn't finish her second suggestion and instead grew quiet. Chris' brows furrowed and he tilted his head slightly, "No, go on. Believe me, this school doesn't appeal to me and if you have another suggestion, I'm all ears."

more_horiz
Violet chuckled at Chris' light-hearted joke dealing with both sprouting leaves and being a tad more 'electrifying' than usual. "No one is, but everyone is unique," she said happily. He certainly was taking things well for not only finding out that he was a mutant but also that, he was a little behind when it came to power control and his age. Violet hoped that he would continue to be in bright spirits, but she also waited for the shock to possibly sneak up on him and maybe bring his world crashing down as did happen sometimes when the shock of being a mutant is just too much for the mind to process. If she could, she would be there for him should that ever come to pass.

At his insistence to continue her thought that she stopped mid delivery with, she took a deep breath and dropped her eyes, putting her hands out in front of her and quietly spun the spinner ring on her pinky finger, her habit when nervous or in deep thought. "I was going to say....that, maybe, if you came to New York.... If you wanted help.... Maybe.... Maybe I could help you..... You know, learn how...." Violet bit her bottom lip lightly, not daring to look up at Chris. It was a bold move, and she knew it. Bold had been something extremely rare with her since the incident that left her marked forever and nearly on death's door if it hadn't been for her brother. Be that as it may, she told him what was on her mind, and even though her heart was beating like mad due to her out-of-character, out-of-the-comfort-zone action, it felt good to speak that way after so long.

more_horiz
Chris nodded at her statement at everyone being unique and he couldn't dispute that claim whatsoever. "Tell me about it. I'm just finding out how unique I truly am. When I was growing up, my parents were always onto me about standing out and being a cut better than the average joe - well... now that I am..." He stopped, not allowing the next words to leave his mouth remembering how his own parents that wanted him to be unique had turned against him when they found out how unique he was. It wasn't a topic he wanted to get into and simply shrugged continuing with a different line of thought, "...well, maybe I can do something with it."

At her words and seeing how difficult they were for her, Chris' eyes widened a bit but found her nervousness attractive and she suddenly looked to him like a scared little girl trying to talk to the boy she liked in the hallway at school. In fact, it took him back to his childhood a moment then back into the present where he did find promise in her words. It really wouldn't require a lot of thinking he suspected to come up with an answer to it. A pretty young woman asking him to allow her to teach him to perfect his ability and not to go a school full of kids and pushy professors was incentive enough. Aside from that, he liked the idea of being around someone he knew and trusted in a city he'd never been in - that and the way she bit her lip made him want to come up with crazy suave things to say to get her to do it more often. After Chris' thoughts came back together, he chuckled a bit, "Wow... sorry, but I have to laugh at how nervous you just got asking me that. First of all, I'd love to. Secondly, it's ironic that the same woman who took a leap asking me to dinner is scared of asking me to learn from her."

The young man grinned at her with a nod, hoping to make her feel more comfortable and took another sip of coffee. "Hey, you don't have to be afraid to ask me anything. I'm a pretty honest guy - sometimes brutally, but I like a good idea... the fact you're cute only adds to my liking." For the first time since sitting down with her, he added his own wink to the end of his statement finding himself feeling more comfortable and open that before.

more_horiz
Hearing Chris' chuckle, Violet raised her eyes to look at him from under her dark lashes. He liked her idea of her offering to teach him gain control of his powers, and he was just as stunned by her sudden nervousness about asking him about it as she was about asking him. Managing a small smile, Violet slowed the spinning of her ring. "It's different. Asking someone who seemed like they needed a little company after a...rather challenging night in the bar is a little less.... dangerous.... then asking for someone you just met to..." she began and paused taking a deep breath and looking away. "It's different when you ask someone you just met to move to the place where you live and offer to help...." Violet finished quietly. In her mind it was completely different. Simply taking him for a meal was public, in view of lots of people, no real danger. Asking him to move to New York and offering to help him put a cap on his powers was risky, private, and potentially full of danger. She was no stranger to danger, but if she could avoid it, then she would.

Violet drank from her coffee cup as Chris told her that she could ask him anything, that she didn't need to be afraid to ask him. He just confirmed for her what she had been feeling all along. She didn't need to be afraid of him. Chris was safe... ...the fact you're cute only adds to my liking... Seeing his wink, Violet blushed a bright pink as she lowered her cup, and smiled brightly. She wanted to say back that he was quite the looker, too, but she didn't have the right words at the moment. His comment and wink sent a cluster of butterflies fluttering in her stomach, making her slightly lose the calm grip she had on her words in her mind, if only for a moment. Looking back as him, as her cheeks began to cool, she gave her lip one more small bite before asking, "So, you will come to New York then?"

more_horiz
Chris listed to her for a moment and shrugged before shaking his head, "Nah - not really. Honestly, if I'd wanted to hurt you, I could have done so at any point from the bar to here. You were following me, remember? Could have led you down a side-street and zzzzziiittt... fried you like an egg. For all you know... I could be some sort of supernatural serial killer just waiting to strike." He smirked and shook his head, showing that he was only kidding. He didn't have full control over his ability and doubted that he'd have been able to stop once discharging the energy. On top of that, he doubted he could willingly harm someone that was totally innocent as well as willing to help him and undeserving of any such treatment. After clearing his throat, Chris sat back in the seat a little, running his finger along the edge of his coffee cup. "Jokes aside, caution is a good thing. You never really know with people anymore. But I am excited at the opportunity to get this under control and, with your help, that may very well happen added with a safe place to call home. I appreciate your faith in me to even offer it as a suggestion."

Violet's reaction to his less-than-subtle flirting made the man grin even wider. There had been a time in his life when he could put a blush on near any woman's face with a few words though after the war things had changed for him. He hadn't spoken more than a few words to anyone since then and had become a practical gypsy moving around aimlessly avoiding others and causing trouble in bars. The young man nodded with a slight chuckle at her question, "Yes, of course. I've got nothing anywhere else and I'm really only drifting for now. It'd be nice to go somewhere and stay more than a week. Besides, I trust you. You've explained more to me about what's been happening than I could have ever learned alone."

more_horiz
Violet's eyes focused on Chris as she listened to what he said about how the two situations weren't really that different. Both posed their own threats, and really, both could prove dangerous to her. Either way, she wasn't really worried about that anymore. His shaking his head showed that he was kidding about being a potential killer. Giving a small nod, she said, "You have a valid point. Guess, you're right. As much as you want to trust people, there are times when you just can't trust people. But, I can trust you." Giving a soft, tender smile, Violet gently reached out and put her hand on his, as his finger ran around the top of his coffee cup. "I'm happy to help. Ones like us... Well, gotta do what we can to help each other. It will happen, your control over your power. I know it will," she said tenderly.

When he answered that he would, in fact, come to New York, Violet's face and eyes lit up! He was going to come to New York, and she was going to get to see him, not just here and there, but a lot more, as he is taking her up on her offer to help him gain control of his powers. She was truly happy in that moment... As he talked about trusting her and learning more about everything going on with him and his powers in the short amount of time he knew her, Violet thought of the comment he made about having a safe place to call home. If he was drifting from place to place, then he didn't have a home, and, once moving to New York. Her brow furrowed slightly, as she thought about how she wanted to word her next question to this handsome man.

"Chris.... This might be a little forward, but, when you move to New York.... As I'll be training you on how to use your powers and everything, and it's a new place.... Would a handsome fella like you consider the offer of staying at my place until you get on your feet?" Violet said gently stroking his hand with her thumb without her knowledge. She had a spare room in the penthouse she lived in, and since her brother had his own place now, she had the space for Chris to stay should he like to.

more_horiz
Chris was relieved that his little joke hadn't scared her to the point that she would reconsider her offer to help him. The young man listened to her speak, gazed on her smile and felt her hand atop his as he traced his finger along the edge of the coffee cup. "I guess that, if there is a good time to get tossed out of a bar, then tonight was a good one. If not for that happening when it did, this conversation wouldn't have happened." Confident that he wasn't alone in the world anymore with his abilities, he felt as if he could count himself as one of the 'us' she spoke of. It was still strange to do, but he had learned long ago that he couldn't change who he was despite anyone's personal wishes and even his own. "Well, I'll have you for support, so that's something. The truth is, once I get to where I can unleash it at will more often rather than it coming out at random times, I'll be on the way for sure."

Chris took a glance down at his hand having felt Violet rubbing it with her thumb and raised his eyebrows for a moment before smirking up at her in silent response to both her compliment of his appearance as well as her thumb motion. While the invitation to stay at her home did seem a bit forward, it wasn't that bad given the situation. He would need a place to stay and if she were going to help him with his power, then he'd need to be close to her in case he had questions, issues and for training purposes. It made logical sense to him to stay with her rather than in a box or someplace in the massive city that was New York. "Why not? It only makes sense when I think about it. Violet, out of all the people out there, I can see my time staying with you to be adventurous." He followed through with a soft chuckle then turned as the waitress brought their food over to them.

more_horiz
"I guess it was. The fates had plans in play...." Violet said lightly. She believed everything happened for a reason, and this clearly was the reason why she happened down the alley tonight, why she even bothered to check on this guy. This good looking, good natured, trustable man... Tipping her head slightly, she spoke wisely, "Of course. It will take time, but if you have mental discipline, patience, and perseverance you will be able to not only control your power, but unleash and use it whenever you wish."

Seeing his eyes fall to their hands, Violet suddenly realized her touch was more than a touch, and quickly removed her hand from his, a small pink creeping, once again, into her cheeks. She hadn't even noticed she was even doing what she was doing. Why not? It only makes sense when I think about it.... Her hazel eyes lit up when she heard him accept her offer. He understood why it would be wise for him to stay nearby, it seemed. She simply wanted to make his transition to living in New York as easy as possible. Never mind the added bonus of having an attractive man staying with her. "An adventure it certainly will be...I look forward to it," she echoed his thought in agreement. When their food arrived, she thanked their waitress, and, once she was gone, Violet picked up her water glass that was brought when they first arrived. "To new beginnings and adventures," she said in a toast fashion, holding her glass up with a bright, happy smile.

more_horiz
"Maybe," he began, "but honestly - the fates and I hate one another so I couldn't care less about their plans. The way I see it, this whole decision to leave here and bunk with you in New York is our idea." The young man developed the most serious look on his face before chuckling and shaking his head admitting what he knew to be the underlying truth. "Even if it's not." At hearing her speak of virtues that he'd need to make his powers work for him, he almost laughed recalling his basic training while in the military. He didn't dwell on the thoughts, though, as it would only be a matter of moments before the events of what ended that career came to mind. He wasn't ready for that trip and was finally feeling better about himself to be drug back down into such a dark place. "I was in the Air Force, so discipline and perseverance isn't hard at all. Patience can sometimes be an issue, but that's what I'll have you around for, right?"

Despite her pulling her hand back and blushing a bit, Chris found the whole situation somewhat wanted. She was attractive and kind and they'd established their trust for one another. He saw it as a subconscious come on to him from Violet, though he'd not be so stupid as to voice that thought and felt it best to keep to himself. Having decided to stay with her and learn from her, if he said that he felt she was coming on to him, Chris supposed that things would just get awkward. When she held her glass up, the young man raised his own and smiled at her, "I can drink to that." He gently touched his glass to hers and then took a sip of the water, sitting it down and beginning to take small bites of his food with the plastic cutlery that had been brought.

more_horiz
Chris' telling of his opinion about the fates and the web they weave made her chuckle. It was true, this little, potentially life altering, decision they had agreed to was something of their own making. The seriousness that flooded his face for a moment gave her pause before he shook his head with a "Our idea or not, I think we can both agree that it's likely to be for the better, in the long run,"small laugh.  Violet commented. In her own way, she wondered what kind of happenings had occured in his life to sour his taste for fate, or was he just one of those who simply saw himself in control of his own life? She thought about asking about it, but figured that might be a better conversation for another time. With this evening turning out to be much more enjoyable than previously expected, Violet didn't want to ruin it with questions that could prove to have rather dark, upsetting answers. His next comment assured her that she had chosen correctly in that respect...

I was in the Air Force... Her hazel eyes smiled as he explained that he would have all the needed triats, with a slight reservation when it came to patience, she had listed thanks to his training. Glancing away, she took a drink of her coffee before speaking. "A military man... You will indeed have much of the needed skills then. And, don't worry about the patience factor. All of us get frustrated from time to time and lose sight of that. But, you are correct..." she said with a small tilt of her head as she looked up and faltered in her speech, if only for a moment, as her eyes, once again met his, "...you'll have me." Wanting to ask why he was no longer in the military, Violet went to speak, and, just like her questions dealing with fate, thought better of it. There was ample time to learn all kind of things about him. Not all his mysteries needed to be revealed just now...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum