X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Styx and Stones... (pg-13 at worst)

descriptionCompleteRe: Styx and Stones... (pg-13 at worst)

more_horiz
Brandon felt his heartbeat accelerate, a blush running across his face as the moment lasted, well for a moment actually. When he pulled back, Brandon found himself unable to even formulate a thought, well it was worst than this as he just kinda sat there pausing for a second as if within a trance. He had…just kissed Silus and it was something that he would have never expected to happen, the words spoken seeming to go through a ahze as they were. ”I…uh….” Brandon muttered looking to Silus sheepishly before turning away, as if he were afraid the male would yell at him, berate him and so many things. ”I’m sorry about that.” He managed wanting to dig a deep hole and crawl into it, where the light of the son would never have to shine upon him again. He had tried something like that before, yet it didn’t go that far and harsher words were said. Yet they running through his head now. Who would love an idiot like him?

Last edited by Brandon Hale on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
"Yeah, no-no-no problem." He said, heart racing. What the hell did this mean? Someone obviously had feelings for someone here, but in the current state of things he had no clue who it was. It wasn't him, he didn't think anyways. Did he maybe say something or shift somehow that made Brandon think that Silus was...into him? Silus' eyes kept shifting, like a dog on the watch. What was going on in his mind just made him ashamed, what the heck was this bull crap? He began to shake, and shutter. He cleared his throat and stole a glance back at Brandon.

"W-uh...why uh-why'd you do that?" Silus asked simply enough. It was the only thing he could think to say. He wanted an answer too, and if he didn't want to end up with a blonde who looked like an abuse case then he'd need to try and keep himself calm. His chest ached and his closed his eyes for a second, waiting for an answer. His mind wandered to Briana again, it seemed like he couldn't think of one without thinking of the other. His heart kept fluttering. It fluttered when Briana kissed his cheek too. Why did he feel like this thinking about that. He growled as he scratched the back of his head.

more_horiz
Why did he do that? Brandon wondered that himself as he let fingertips run over his own lips, as if that would somehow bring some perspective upon what had happened. Friends usually did not do things like that, and here he was doing just that. Luckily enough Silus did not despise him, did not yell at him for doing something so unwarranted; yet he could not help but feel so stupid. A question being asked about why he did that only made Brandon even more confused, the male even turned to Silus with a deer in the head lights look.

’I….. He paused for a moment unable to answer, lips changing expression so many times that one could think that he was going through a facial spasm. This lasted for around a minute before he managed to control himself, lips simply becoming a temporary hard line as his mind shut down. Why the hell had he kissed Silus? Why had he done something that important to someone that would likely take it far from good. ”I know people usually kiss people they like, but I don’t know.” He managed to speak in tandem. "I don’t know why I did.”

more_horiz
So Brandon knew well enough exactly what he did meant something beyond simply something you just...do. He knew it but still did it anyway then? Silus was really hoping to find that Hugo guy around messing with his head... or to find out Brandon was possessed by some form of...kissing thing. That thought didn't even make sense, and Silus' chest was wrenching like he was having a heart attack. In face...there was a pain in his left arm. It-It was all in his head. He cleared his throat and stammered as he looked around again, finally looking back to Brandon.

"S-so uh...you're saying you like me?" Silus asked. He immediately began hounding himself within the confines of his mind. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Don't ask questions you don't think you can handle! God what is WRONG WITH YOU?!? He thought. Honestly...he hated this. Thought it was mostly because he had just reached a rather... frightening experience. One that he simply wanted to fade away, but it didn't seem like it was something that one could just ignore...

....that wouldn't stop him from trying however.

more_horiz
Did he like Silus? Brandonw as unsure how he could answer that question, not at all. If he said that he did, things could just go wrong form there and if he said he didn’t he would seem like some kind of ho. Not that Brandon went around kissing anyone that grabbed his interest but then again not many people did grab his interest, or atleast not like this. His chest was burning like before, yet something about it seemed to only increase since that moment. ”I….uh….yes?” He said with a tone that was majorly uncertain, fingers digging deeply into the dirt beneath him.

more_horiz
"Yeah...real reassuring." Silus said, obviously sarcastic. He seemed to grumble at the answer a little. He began rubbing his head through his hair and messing it up royally. Silus moved over towards the lake and cupped the crystal clear water into his hands. He splashed his own face, as if trying to wake himself up from a dream. God this was confusing as hell. He was mad, upset, sad...hurt? That last one didn't make too much sense but the rest of them were plain as day. He had a great friendship going and now it turns out the kicker is that Brandon up and kisses him... and then says he likes him in a half-assed way. Silus groaned, unsure as to why people kept kissing him, resting their heads on his lap, touching him and kissing his cheek.

This shit was so much easier flying it solo... Silus thought to himself. Unfortunately, Silus was a bit of a hopeless romantic down beneath the rought and tumble exterior. Maybe part of him liked the attention...maybe...he shouldn't be wasting his time with this. He needed to change locations. "I'm I-I uh. I'm going to grab lunch...if you follow that's cool if not...I'll see ya later." Silus said with a slight smile as he stood up and started walking towards the school.

If Brandon want's to come, great. He can come...there's nothing weird going on. Silus thought. His hand flew up into his face and he drug the hand down scolding himself for the events that happened. Stupid brain...I'm going to my room first...I need mouthwash.

more_horiz
Yeah, another dumb move on his part. The sarcasm within his voice only made the Hale recoil slightly, as if expecting the worst, unsure what he could have said. If he said he didn’t like him, would that have only come with another misunderstanding? Had he ruined everything in only a matter of minutes? ’I’ll see ya later.” Was all he could say really, feeling that same burning sensation within his gut, and a pounding within his head as Silus walked away, as if he would throw up. He felt lost for some strange reason, utterly lost. One fist slammed into the ground, a rippled seeming to reverberate from that spot as a few chunks seemed to actually jut from the point of collision and ripples spread out along the lake itself.

This pained sensation was replaced with anger, anger at himself for doing something so stupid, that he could do something so idiotic. Next thing he knew, his fest was slamming through the bark of a sapling, the wood seeming to splinter and break under the pressure as it fell, fell harmlessly against his body before hitting the ground, and then another tree. He didn’t stop until it seemed like five were felled, all lying dead against the ground, some of the sap within leaking out. He took a deep shaky breath and fell onto the ground. ”WHY. AM.I.SO STUPID.” Each word was punctuated by a fist slammed against the ground, as if that strange sensation demanded he release these feelings only through one way, anger.

He was deep within what looked like a forest now, his hair a mess, body and clothing covered in dirt. Fallen trees lay around him. With both fists raised into the air he slammed them into the ground and a large crack spread form that area. All he could do now was try to control his heavy breathing and then curl up into a ball. A drop of moisture hit his face cold and serene, yet lost upon him. That was when the rain started.

more_horiz
Silus got in before the rain, the dark and dreary sky casting shadows. It wasn't early in the day, but there still should have been some daylight. Shouldn't there have been? He didn't exactly know, life was a bit of a blur after what happened with Brandon. if there was one question he was asking way too much of it was Why did he do it? What did he mean, am I thinking this over too much? He already knew the answer was Yes to the latter option, he was indeed thinking about it too much. He didn't want to think about it any more. He poked the hamburger at the desk where his work was as he looked to the window, towards the woods. He felt so unsatisfied with the answers he got... kind of? Why couldn't it be a simple Yes or No goddamnit!

The water beading on the window as the world wept. He had already sanitized his mouth and wore an overly baggy Eddie Bauer 100% cotton shirt. It was a nicer shirt, a light gray, warm and safe, three buttons near the collar for him to keep up. The shirt itself was a littler too big...okay, big enough to warrant an undershirt normally, though he didn't intend on leaving. His jeans tugging on him as he hugged his knees and stared out the window. He thought he saw Brandon... but he wasn't exactly sure what to do. His heart sank seeing him soaked and muddied like a citizen of a damn third world country. He leaned forward slightly, contemplating taking him a towel. He shook his head. He didn't know what to do....not because of what Brandon did but because of how HE felt. Whatever it was, he felt it for multiple people...so it couldn't be a crush. could it? Could you do that, crush on multiple people?

more_horiz
The rain fell softly first, falling gently against his skin like a thousand cold embraces. Brandon blinked them away, before letting his eye lids fall silently closed, coldness falling against his skin in the strangest way. The ground itself was beaten dirt, slowly growing soft from the rain, turning to mud. The rain only began to fall harder against his body until even his clothing began to soak, and become saturated, clinging to his skin like a second skin. It was then that something emanated from his throat, a loud roar that found itself silenced by the crack of thunder, rolling within the mud that was forming around him. He clutched at his stomach, feeling the pain rise up once again and then numbness.

He laid there for around ten minutes, the water soaking him more until he finally realized that…he was getting too wet. Rolling onto his side, Brandon pressed against the shattered ground and moved to his feet. He would need to take a shower, wash away the mud that was beginning to cling to his clothing. His hair felt rather dirty too, from what probing fingers felt when pulling small clumps of dirt from it. Once upon entering the institute he realized something, where the hell was his room? Brandon’s eyes widened in shock as he began to wonder the halls, until he came to Silus’ door. Knocking on it lightly, Brandon waited for Silus to answer, his expression seeming rather pathetic.

”I..um..I know you might not want to see me right now, but I kinda forgot where my room is.”

more_horiz
. The light knocking on the door matched with the rhythm of "dun-nun-nuh nuh nuh da dah!" or what the hell ever that pattern is called. The only thing he could think of was the ending of a bad comedy movie. Silus let it sit for a minute before standing up and walking for the door. He walked slowly, not wanting company...though if it were Bri he might be able to get himself squared away. He placed his hand on the cold brass knob. He let out a sigh and opened the door, uncertain of whom to find on the other side. His heart seized up and he felt that pain again. He swallowed audibly as he saw a rather pathetic looking Brandon Hale on the other side of the door. He sighed as his heart sank seeing Brandon like this. What did he want, was he coming here out of pity for Silus, or hoping Silus would pity him....or what the Hell does this guy want from him? Silus felt really...vulnerable and he didn't like it. He crossed his arms slightly, long sleeves devouring his hands as they cupped around the elbows.

”I..um..I know you might not want to see me right now, but I kinda forgot where my room is.” Brandon said. Silus took in a sharp breath that turned into a sigh as he looked off to the right, behind the now open door, where he kept his clothing and towels and daily preparation materials.

"You don't need a room, you need a shower." Silus said, he grabbed a towel and the Axe shampoo and wash. He stepped out into the hall, grabbing Brandon's arms towards the communal areas. Granted, there were nicer area's to shower, but there was enough privacy to get clean. He handed Brandon the towel and the Axe with a sigh. "Alright. I'll run to your room and get you a shirt and pants. I should be back by time you get done." Silus said. He made his way out of the room, walking all the way to Brandon's room. He walked in and the room was...oddly familiar. He couldn't help but smile at the music obsession that they both shared it would seem. For some reason that added a little clarity. He rummaged around, taking a shirt and jeans for him before passing by Brandon's little desk, seeing a stray open book. Silus read the open page. The blonde brute actually listened to him? He froze up when he saw the heart on the end there, he knew it wasn't about him but it was making him both scared yet somehow assured. Yay for nonsensical feelings ruining our friendships and lives.

Silus left everything as he found it, returning to where he left Brandon who was still behind the curtain. "Where do you want me to leave these?" He asked with a normal even tone.

more_horiz
Brandon found his breath catching within his throat upon seeing the expression that decorated Silus face, as if he were partially annoyed that he had come to see him. Granted he had made thins quite awkward between the two, some part of him hoped that maybe his friend would forgive him. If not that, at least help him to his room, where he could possibly bury himself in blankets and perhaps rot. The sigh that came from his mouth caught him off guard slightly, as the slightly shorter male seemed to go and grab something. What he grabbed looked like cleaning stuff, a towel and Axe body wash, something that made Brandon raise an eyebrow until Silus explained what he was doing or more what Brandon needed. ”I guess I do.” He said with a weak chuckle, unable to control the feeling within his chest as he found himself being dragged along by his arm.

The place where he would be taking this shower was the communal showers, not exactly private but they were showers. He said that he would get him some clothing from his room, and all Brandon could do was nod with a slight smile. Peeling off his shirt, Brandon let it fall against the dry floor with a wet splat, Silus already on his way. Brown eyes followed before he was out of sight, and that was when he let the wet shorts fall, followed by the soaked boxers underneath that clung even worst. Now he felt exposed so to speak, and a chilling draft sent a shiver up his spine, raising multiple hairs along his back and neck. It was then that he saw the extent of the dirt that covered his legs, arms and places that clothing had not covered.

Without even thinking about it he let fingertips run over the scars, and reflexively flinched. Feeling one of the sharp canines brush along his wounded lip, Brandon winced before stepping behind the show and turning the knob. Instantly hot water rushed against his skin, normally it would have felt scolding, but now it felt cleansing in a way. Dirt fell away as he searched for something, maybe a sponge to put the body wash on and then work from there. There was a rather dark and decrepit looking loofah object thing, and Brandon would have used it, if he were an IQ point dimmer; but he did not. Instead he used his hands to apply the body wash, clumsily sure, but it serves its purpose.

Until he heard someone walking and Silus voice reverberate through the room, causing Brandon to flinch, and hands to shoot to cover himself. Something within him want to be covered, a hidden modesty it would seem. ’I…uh you could throw them on the floor or whatever.” Brandon said peaking his head from the shower. ’I um…do you have like a sponge or something? There is one here but its kinda old looking, and nasty.”

more_horiz
Mushy feelings hurt like a bitch. The difference is that Silus couldn't be a BAMF out off the silver screen and stab it like a bitch, roll a car over on it like it was a bitch, or kidnap it treat it like a bitch and wait for Liam Neeson to kick his ass for doing it. He also found himself swearing just a bit more than usual, though it's not like one could tell right? He cleared his throat as he stood there looking for a place to put the clothing. He closed his eyes let out a sigh, as if gathering the courage to even be in the area. Brandon' pokes his head around the curtain.He said about placing the clothing on the floor and then turned around and asked for a sponge. Silus rolled hid eyed and chuckled.

"Uhm. Do I look like I have a sponge?" Silus asked with eyes narrowing but a grin forming. What did Silus look like he was a human sponge dispenser? He laughed as he held the clothing. "And EEEW, seriously dude, the floor? At that rate you might as well roll around naked in the mud. These floors are gross....AND that's not permission to go naked into mud." Silus felt the need to include the last part of the sentence, seeing as he already more than willingly to get into the mud on his own without the idea being placed in his head.

"Isn't there anything you can use? Eeew nevermind." Silus said as he poked the older sponge with his sneaker, recoiling quickly. He half expected the thing to squeal like a big before splitting in half and revealing large fangs. It would explain why no one moved it. He kicked the sponge across the room on the tile floor and groaned as he slung the shirt and jeans over his shoulder.

more_horiz
’Possibly, I dunno what you have stashed on you.” He said with a slightly endearing smile, white teeth flashing brightly as he looked to the clothing that Silus had brought him. Looking down to the floor for a second, he reconsidered his words, the place where his clothing would go. The idea of him rolling around in the mud was amusing, though it brought up a dark blush across his face as he quickly retreated for a second behind the curtains before letting his head pop out again. ”Okay.”  Thing over this for moment, he simply found himself swinging his arm towards what looked like a rack thing.  The curtain found itself thrown aside and leaving nothing to the imagination. ”Yeah, I think there’s actually a rack thing there, or something like that.” He paused for a moment looking down, and then looking back up to Silus before retreating behind curtains that were once again drawn. ’I…uh…..yeah don’t think I need that sponge anymore.”

more_horiz
. Was that supposed to be suggestive? What would Silus possibly be able to have stashed on him. Medical marijuana doesn't count. Mostly because he doesn't have any on him anyway. Who does that stuff anyway, it smells terrible and their high's make you lose all concept of time. Silus rolled his eyes as the guy flashed a goofy grin, like nothing ever happened. His head retreated through the curtains as he seemed to slip back in to finish his shower. Silus looked to the ground and scoffed. Why the hell was he still here? Why couldn't he ever get a simple damn answer from Brandon? Where do I put the clothing, other than the floor? The rack, the bench, maybe someplace where you won't get a fungal infection? He sighed. ”Okay.” Brandon said. Naturally Silus looked up as if he were waiting for an answer.

Arms swung out towards the rack, and of course the curtains with it. Brandon was talking just clear as could be, but completely out in the open while he was getting hit with water. Silus wanted to cover his eyes but his brain said Dafuq is going on, what do I do!?. His face flushed the brightest red it had ever been as his head dropped. He didn't think that one through well, because he looked down only to pass the place he wanted to avoid so his head shot up and his eyes fixated on the ceiling. "DUDE! Really!? I mean...C'mon!" Silus snapped, obviously embarrassed.

"So...My first kiss AND I've seen you naked. Want kids first or a first date?" Silus said sarcastically as he walked up to the curtain and threw one half of the towel over. He proceeded to stand over by the sinks where he didn't need to see Brandon again until he was properly clothed. This blonde bastard was a living disaster.

more_horiz
If Brandon thought he could not be more embarrassed, then he was wrong. If he was embarrassed, then likely Silus was mortified, and yet he found himself….oh god. Brandon looked down for a moment at himself, and found his eyes snapping up to the wall, chewing lightly on his lower lip, this time the fang not breaking his own skin. Had he ruined this more than intended? Brandon found himself curled up against the shower wall for a second before pressing himself up, letting the water fall through his hair a few more seconds, as the blonde strands fell against his face. ”I…uh…I’m sorry about that.” He managed with a blood red face, wishing that this weird feeling would just go away. It felt too painful and at the same time wonderful.

What caught him off guard was the whole date thing, the mention of it causing a darker blush to run across his face. Turning the knob, Brandon let the warm water turn off and he grabbed the towel, running it along his body and for the most part drying himself off. With that done, he peaked from the shower and saw no Silus, sighing deeply he carefully put on his jeans and the wifebeater supplied to him. While it wasn’t painful, Brandon found his current predicament rather annoying, adjusting his jeans before searching for Silus who was waiting at the sinks. He looked to Silus with a slightly wide smirk. ”So…you said something about a date?” He asked rather innocently, running his hand along the back of his head.

more_horiz
Did he just, seriously ask about the date thing? My God...my freaking God. This is unbelievable. What the in Hell is going on in his head? Silus wondered to himself. He felt his heart literally freeze up and flutter slightly. He wanted to throw up, and hopefully his heart would fly out so he could cut off the dang wings it apparently had. Silus buried his face in his palms as he chuckled, one of those "you can't be F***ing serious" laughs at that. He folded his arms, leaned back on the sink and coughed to finish off his laughter.

"I didn't... why?" Silus lied. It was a rather blatant one, but perhaps the blonde dim-wit wouldn't catch on. He arched an eyebrow finding himself interested but all the same repulsed by the idea of a date. He was a guy, guys hung out, they didn't date. Did they? Silus wanted to hurl...in as much of a literal sense as he could. "why...what about a date?" He found himself asking Brandon.

more_horiz
It seemed that the question within itself was a rather inopportune one, being that Silus was laughing as if he had proposed the most novel of jokes. ”I…uh..yeah you did. I mean not like I could have kids or anything, so…..yeah.” He found himself stuttering out with an even more awkward expression as if he were lost somewhat. ”Um just usual date stuff. Movie and popcorn, maybe ice cream afterwards or something? It’ll be fun, I could even pay for everything.” He added the last part rather chipper, a large smirk stretching across his lips. Was he expecting the male to really take him up on the offer? No, he expected to be laughed off, but you couldn't fault him for trying anyway.

more_horiz
He was serious. He wanted to go on a date, with Silus. Silus was happy and wanted to say yet...mostly because he'd never had much interest shown in him....but then the more logical part kicked in and said Hell no! He didn't really want to make any form of move until he knew if these feeling were really what he thought they were...and if he was really having these feelings for two people. He didn't like this at all really. Well...he kinda did... but awkward moments with Brandon were not exactly... comfortable in any way.

"I uh.... I'm not gonna say no...but uh... I can't say yes yet." Silus said obviously conflicted. He rubbed his eyes as a shocked laugh escaped him and he grinned at Brandon. He already kissed him and saw him without clothing on so what was the worst- that is not a safe avenue when regarding Brandon. Silus dismissed it immediately and decided to not go out with Brandon...yet anyways. God this was some confusing bullshit. It's like the Etheral all over again.

more_horiz
Brandon was unsure how to feel about the answer, either disappointed or hopeful. It was not a yes, yet at the same time he did not get rejected. So he found himself completely confused, which was not a new concept for the Hale male. It was the yet part that kept him from moping, his expression keeping the same for the most part. ”Okay.” He said with a seemingly understanding nod, collecting his wet clothing from the floor and draping them along his arm, a few droplets of water running along his arm. ”I...guess I need to return these to my room, or whatever. Mind coming with me, I still kinda forgot where it was?” He asked this with a rather sweet expression, hoping that he would say yes.

more_horiz
He really forgot where his room was? Silus somehow wasn't surprised by this...he was the first time hearing it, but it seemed as though this little golden-lab of a boy was really lost. Silus couldn't leave him like this. He kinda wanted too, because all feelings aside being dumb was a cute look on him, almost like how being perceptive was annoying and yet cute on Bri. But now factor feelings into this equation and you get a confused Silus who wanted to cry because he didn't understand why he was feeling the way he was. He scoffed and nodded.

"Alright... let's go. You're room is like, twenty yards from mine. Not that far. Just remember that if you find my room, you go twenty yards this way." Silus said as they walked. He cleared his throat as they found the door in sight. This was...eventful...

more_horiz
The scoff aside, Brandon as happy that Silus would lead him to his room. His mind had decided that it would forget where that room was, and without Silus he would wander until he found that room. So the blonde brute simply followed after Silus, with hands stuck within his pockets and clothing stuck around his arm wetly. Silus explained how to get to his room, and using his own example. ”Ooo, nice.” He said pleased with a wide smirk, as if Silus had offered a great insight. The door was tightly closed and it would only take a turn of the knob to get through. ”Thanks Silus.” He said with a pleasant expression, fingers clamped around the handle looking to see if he had anything else to say.

more_horiz
"No problem." Silus said as he placed his hands in his pockets. He remained unsure, unable to really tell what the heck was going on with him. He thought about it a little and he went to speak. He stuttered a little bit, looking down the hallway no one around. He felt funny ever since Brandon kissed him right? Brandon turned around, either because of Silus' attempt at words or just on his own accord, but either way the poor guy met the same fate of sorts. Silus moved forward quickly. The feeling was the same...apparently kissing someone doesn't give it back or whatever. He wasn't really sure if it was going to work, but what the Hell else was he supposed to do? His face went a bright red as he seemed to slink back, a little confused.

"Damnit..." He said under his breath as he turned and walked away, embarrassed. For a smart guy...he didn't catch on very well...he was just now realizing that he had a crush....on both of his best friends.

more_horiz
The dimwit was unsure how to react to what had happened, a bright red blush rushing along his face. In fact he was barely able to stand up after that, hand nearly breaking the knob off of his door as his legs felt extraordinarily weak, the feel of Silus lips against this own….great. Did he like him in return? The point in which he pulled away, Brandon found himself slightly disappointed, as if he wanted it to go on a little longer. Did he like him in return or was it something else entirely? ”I…” All he could do his smile meekly, as if his mind just could not formulate a response. ”I guess I’ll see you later or something like that?” He asked the darker haired male, waiting for an answer and seeing if he planned to walk away first, okay Silus kinda walked away. So all seemed fine. Brandon slammed the door shut, and found himself fallign agaisnt the door, sliding down as he curled up against it.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum