X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteSomewhere I belong (R at worst)

more_horiz
The inability to sleep. A curse really, especially for one as young as Silus. He took in a deep breath as he sat there, yawning but still unable to fall asleep. Granted, trying to sleep sitting up on a bench wasn’t abount to cut it. The little mutant looked around, watching the other kids, wanting to be similar to one of them. He remembered when he went to this school not all that long ago. He was a bright kid, smart and energetic, fun and full of life. Now he was…THIS. It was depressing almost, the young child hadn’t slept for a day and a half now, nightmares plaguing him all hours of night and day, and fear corroding him away like a poison. Is this what being a mutant was all about? He hated it, he hated being different. More importantly though, he hated what he was. He wasn’t one of those whiney kids who hated himself, no he was different in the aspect that he simply hated his mutation. His mutation put him through a LOT recently. Though much of it he was unable to remember, the pain persisted however.

He sat there in a wife-beater, and above that was a long-sleeved blue shirt and above that yet was an overly big brown zip-up hoodie. His little hands slipped into his dark denim jean pockets. His looked at the schoolyard, wanting to be like the rest of them...to be human again maybe. But that would never happen. Would they even accept him even if he could fix his mutation? His heart sank, to know he would never be accepted simply because of what he was...what he was born as. Something beyond his control entirely and he was hated for it. Silus was the kid who opened doors for people, stuck up for people, the kind of guy who offered up his lunch to the kid who didn’t have the good home life. He was the one who would have given anything to anyone who needed it, the kid who loved everyone… but in turn he was only hated and isolated for his existence. So many things he had done...all of them were choices. He CHOSE to be a good kid, he CHOSE to be nice and friendly. He didn’t choose to be a mutant, so why was he hated for it so much?

The thought upset him. His eyes started to water a little as he brushed the tears away. Tears are for the weak...that’s what his daddy used to say. His daddy was a mutant too. He didn’t remember what kind though. He knew his daddy could control darkness and shadows...but he belonged to a family of mutants. It was a “brotherhood” or something like that. He wondered what that must have been like, to have a family of brothers that knew and understood you. That sounded so nice right now. But Silus didn’t want to think about that right now. It just made him… strongly dislike humans. His memory was blotchy, but he faintly recalled someone telling him how terrible humans were. He didn’t believe them...until what happened to him that is.

A bully at school pushed a little girl down, and Silus of course shoved the kid and told him to leave her alone. Silus got his wish but he didn’t think it through enough apparently. The bully left the girl alone, but he had his eyes trained on little Silus now, and that ended up poorly. Silus was punched, kicked, even hit with a rock or two in their hands. It hurt him at first, but soon he found himself not even feeling their assault. Sure the damage he had hurt really bad and made him want to cry...but after a certain point there wasn’t any more pain, no matter how hard they tried to hit him. The more they realized they weren’t hurting him...the harder they tried. Of course...Silus went to push one of them off, and sent them flying. The kid ended up with a concussion, and Silus ended up being branded a “Mutie” or basically he was being called a mutant. The event’s didn’t really make news, but Silus definitely ran… and now here he is… alone in the middle of the streets in downtown New York City.

descriptionCompleteRe: Somewhere I belong (R at worst)

more_horiz
Sean had left the mansion in a rush, his belongings still strapped over his shoulder and his mind overall in a haze. If they wanted to suffer under incompetence, then they were more than welcome to do so, he would not waste his time allowing such a thing to transpire, not while he still had breath in his lungs and a mind that wasn’t addled with…well anything.  That had transpired around a week ago, and since then he had been on the move, cycling through the clothing that he had on him and wondering how long till he ran out of the essentials of his life. His chest was hurting, and overall his body was aching, but Sean would not let that stop him, not when he had such an intense purpose within his mind. Okay, he did not have any sort of purpose, other than surviving at this point, a single bead of sweat trailing down his nose.

His head was aching, a low thrumming pain that permeated it, and drew a small strangled curse from Sean as he fell against a wall, his belongings jingling a  little as he slid down. This did not last long, and soon enough he was on the move again. Of course he had to keep out of sight, mostly so that nothing could have been misconstrued about the weapon that he was carrying, a katana that his father had passed down to him upon becoming sixteen years old, and when he trained Sean in how to use it. His stomach would growl angrily at Sean, as if saying “Feed me you dumb bastard” but he could not do that, not with his lack of money on hand. Part of him wondered if leaving the Brotherhood in such a rush was a smart idea, but then again he would not let himself stay in such a hopeless place.

Despite his weakness, Sean was more than pleased with what he had done. The male was dressed in a simple white t-shirt and dark blue shorts, looking a little….unwell as one could put it, and how he was feeling, that would not have been an accurate assumption. Where he was the male could tell, but one thing that he could was that he was somewhere downtown. Sean rubbed the bridge of his nose as if that would rid him of the dizziness. Wandering around the streets was a young looking kid, around maybe eleven in age and a little helpless if one could call them that without sounding strange. Sean looked over them a few times, blinking before considering going on, but his body had other plans as far as that went.

His legs were growing weak and fuzzy, as if they would not want to carry him any further, so he would not be able to move on. With that done, he considered maybe talking to the kid, maybe inquiring why he was it here alone. ”So, what brings a little guy like you out here?” Sean ventured to ask, trying not to sound as weak as he felt, reclining against a wall and looking down to the kid with the brilliant silver eyes.

more_horiz
The person spoke to him , arousing a rather primal fear within the boy. He was a very, very shy child, and given the fact he was in all reality without any form of parent or guardian did not help matters at all. Though he was all but rude, rude was the one thing he refused to be. He began to muster up the courage to talk to the male. The male seemed...worn out, ragged a little. Silus could relate, but not nearly to the extend of the other male. Silus had only been found and put in an orphanage recently, having wandered the streets for however long prior to that. Silus actually appreciated his struggling times though, a girl at the orphanage told him that it made him happier when he got to the orphanage, and he was a nice kid because of it. That always made Silus smile, sort of. He looked to Sean and swallowed and nodded. I-I don't think that that answers his question. he thought with a sigh he paused and then took a deep breath in, tyring to calm himself.

"Just hangin'." He said with a little shrug in a tone that was almost a rhythmic one. He then looked at the guy, noticing that his eyes were bright grey, or light grey...it was probably better to call them silver. Silus smiled, noting that silver eyes were probably just as weird as his indigo ones, and he smiled before looking down at his feet, which didn't hit the ground from his seat on the bench. He proceeded to kick his legs as if walking on air. He bit his lower lip, deep in thought as he began to contemplate his life...a rather deep subject for someone who could barely leave the kiddie pool.

more_horiz
Although Sean felt weak, he did not want to let this little kid know that he felt as such. So the male did the best he could to contain it, even though he looked otherwise, offering him a toothy smile as he acknowledged the little guy. The kid would look at him, swallow and then proceed to nod, which drew a rather confused look from Sean who had expected some kind of verbal answer, not that he planned to grill the kid for one. It was a few moments after that nod that he gave one, in the form of just chilling, which worked for Sean just fine really. While he was considered somewhat bad for joining with the Brotherhood, at the time he had considered their cause just and perhaps he had his own goals. Now however he was questioning those goals, and that was….what one would call a crisis within his life.

Looking to the kid, he did take notice of his strange colored indigo eyes, ones that were about as strange as Sean’s silver. Moving from the wall, Sean would walk over and plop down onto the bench, sighing out loud and brushing a few strands of hair from his forehead. ”Isn’t this place a little dangerous for a kid your age to be just…hanging.” Sean ventured to ask, leaning back and not really expecting the kid to answer.

more_horiz
That was a very terrifying way for a little kid to hear that question posed. Poor little Silus, who had no longer had any family, was missing most of his memory, and just yesterday found out he was a mutant was not being told (or rather, asked) ”Isn’t this place a little dangerous for a kid your age to be just…hanging.” To this Silus had one true response, but there was no real way to word it. For all he knew this is like one of those stupid state-mandated stranger-danger moments where the bad guy asks the question and then kidnaps the kid. Silus never knew why people tried to kidnap other people, it seemed stupid. All he knew was that you DON'T get in the van. With that all in mind, he asked the person who asked the question that slightly frightened him and he looked at him and then back down to his feet. "...I dunno..." was all he could muster out at the moment as he continued to swing his little legs back and forth, watching them move.

"I guess it might be...I used to have to walk to school through these parts with the others." he said very matter-of-factly. He was not going to be the defensive type, but he was still just weirded out by that question. It was seriously the kind of question you expected to hear a kidnapper ask. But Silus didn't really think of the danger therein, he favored the philosophy that if he left people alone, they would leave him alone. Work so far for him, save for this guy but that wasn't a bad thing...or a good one either. It just kinda...happened.

more_horiz
He didn’t know? Something about that answer did not inspire confidence by any means of the words, Sean blinking a couple of times at the kid as if internally wondering if he were crazy or really naïve. Part of him felt like some manner of pervert, and part of him wanted to heave all over the concrete. The kid saying that he had to walk through here to get to school did not help any, but then again that suggested that he knew something about the area. ”Never can be too careful, there are some…” He belched, feeling some manner of foul tasting bile rise up in the back of his throat, though that went back down easily enough. ”Some weirdos out there.”Sean would finish his sentence, rubbing the bridge of his nose and shake his head twice. His body began to shake violently for a moment before calming itself, Sean’s eyes darting about for a moment.

”Well….I…probably should have rethought that, because I now sound like a total creep.” Sean amended, chuckling nervously to himself and wiping away a few beads of perspiration from his forehead. Way to go Sean, now this kid thinks your some kinda creep, probably gonna kick you in the shin and then run far away.

more_horiz
Mackenzie was walking along with her backpack and an ipod. She jammed to Hunter Hayes while she walked. She was headed to the diner her mom worked at. As she walked she noticed a couple of boys. One of them seemed to not be doing so good. She could sense it in his mind. The other one was small and shy looking. She didnt mean to stand there staring. She normally avoided strangers.

more_horiz
Silus was a little at a loss for words. He was the shy-guy who avoided talking to people when possible, but now he was here with someone who seeme dot be looking rather "ill" so to speak. If he wasn't with an illness then he was ill taking care of himself. He was sweating like a madman, he was rubbing the bridge of his nose which made Silus think of having a headache. Was he dehydrated or something? Silus looked to the guy before he stood up, looking at him. "Y-you okay mister?" He asked. At this moment this is when a parent would be conflicted. Their child cared and was a good person, but their child was talking to a stranger. Silus was divided between his common sense and his compassion...and knowing little Silus, compassion always won. He started to look around as if looking for somewhere to eat, but as he did he noticed something, rather someONE.

A little girl stood not too far off, just sort of sitting there. Silus cocked his head to the side and waved as if wondering if she was looking at them. He suddenly remembered that there was someone he was trying to help. He looked back to Sean and blinked, unsure of what to do. "What uh...what do I do, are you hungry or thirsty?" he asked aloud, though in his mind he followed it up with another question. were you hit by a car, what's wrong? he wondered.

more_horiz
Mackenzie began to open her mouth but shut it. " He isnt hurt. He needs food or he is going to get really sick." She said into Silus' head. She could see thier thoughts and memories. A rude thing to do she knew but who was going to stop her.

She walked up to the older one and took off her headphones. She was dressed in a tshirt, skirt, leggings, and boots. She spoke into his mind, not like using her real voice. " My mom works at a diner nearby. Are you hungry? They have really good food. You can both come with me if you like." She used her powers so that they could both hear her in their heads.

more_horiz
Was Sean okay? By no meaning of the word was he okay, save for the fact that he was not dead. If that were what the child meant, then he was by all means fine, even if he were shuddering and growing pale as a ghost. ’I…I’ve seen better days.” Sean muttered loud enough for Silus to hear him, rubbing his own forearms as if that would do him any good. His stomach would loudly grumble, demanding sacrifice and he could not do that, not now anyway. Didn’t have the money to buy any kind of food, and that was really the clencher. Silus would ask him if he was hungry or thirsty, something that Sean was unsure how to answer, as he was both.

A voice would then speak into his mind, saying something about how he needed to eat, otherwise he would get really sick. Granted he did not know where this voice came from, he knew that it spoke the truth; he would likely die without food and insulen. His eyes would dart about, looking for the source of the voice and mentally praying that he was not developing some manner of psychological illness. He turned to a little girl, and his mind instantly clicked on what was happening, that she was some manner of telepath and she was transmitting her thoughts to them. ”Yeah, I’m kinda hungry and thirsty.” Sean admitted out loud, rubbing his eyes weakly and yawning, feeling tired.

more_horiz
Well if it were the case of seeing ones' past according to their mind, regretfully there would be a huge blotch of white when it came down to his history. Mostly because he...didn't remember much of it. The events were scarring, and eventually it caused his brain to simply shit down and block them off, or that's what the psychologist said. In all reality it was simply the fact that a powerful Mnemokinetic had altered his memories, and ultimately stained over and pseudo-removed them from the mind. Silus was about to offer Sean a his water bottle when he jumped up from hearing a voice.

" He isnt hurt. He needs food or he is going to get really sick."

Needless enough to say, Silus froze. Mostly because whenever he heard a voice in his head it was not a pretty picture for anyone and everyone nearby. He hadn't heard a voice since before he hurt that kid at recess. He looked around like he was lost, he found himself rather befuddled by the voice honestly. It was the voice of a little girl, but the only one he could see was....wait, was she possibly one of them? "I-I-w-wow." He stammered, proving that he wasn't the most adept at dealing with things like that. He just had this huge smile as he looked at Mackenzie elated to meet another person close to his age that was....different...like him. She offered the chance to follow her to the place where her mom worked. Silus honestly wasn't too hungry, but he was elated to find someone else like him. "Yeah, sure." Silus spoke for the both of them before realizing that he my have been a little rude there. He looked to Sean as if asking him if he was coming as well, not like he expected the male to complain.

more_horiz
Mackenzie smiled like a sweet little girl and held out her hand to sean. She didnt fear them. She would know with her powers if they were going to hurt her, besides if they tried she could just use her influence. " Cmon then, They have really good orange juice. Its hiome made." She smiled at Silus. " You will like their burgers and fries. I love the peanutbutter milkshake myself.

more_horiz
Okay, a cheeseburger sounded like ambrosia to Sean at the moment so he would not turn down the chance to eat something like that. Okay, the girl talking in his head was a little weird, but he did not think too long on it, seeing as how it would do him no good. Sean leapt to his feet, popping his neck and checking the stuff that he had with him before looking to the girl to lead the way. ’Alright, show us the way.”

more_horiz
Mackenzie tucked her Ipod into her pocket and spun around to start their trek. [i]" Follow me. I got this. Mommy will be happy i met friends. Im 99% sure she wont charge you. Lets go." She started off down the sidewalk with her backpack bouncing along on her back and a stuffed cat sticking out of it.

OOC: we can start a thread at the diner if you guys want.

more_horiz
"Sounds...good" Silus said, smiling as the voice echoed in his head. He was only partially suspicious of this, though he wasn't the kind to be that way. Okay, the word suspicious was wrong...maybe really shy, partially embarrassed? The little girl went on ahead, and the concept of a peanut butter milkshake seemed to make Silus feel REALLY happy that he was now hearing about this place. Peanut butter...as a milkshake. Silus would probably make that a staple in his diet for a while now. He smiled as Mackenzie went on ahead though, especially when he saw the stuffed cat bouncing about like a rag doll. It reminded him of Louie the Lab. He felt a smile on his face as he trailed behind both her and Sean, observing them and noting little details along the way while he let the song "Renegade" play in his mind by Styx. Not him Styx...by the band.

(ooc: sure, should I start it, or do either of you want to?)

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum