X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Nothing beats pizza, except maybe pie [PG-13]

descriptionCompleteNothing beats pizza, except maybe pie [PG-13]

more_horiz
Ryan muttered something to himself as he rummaged through his wallet and pulled out a few loose bills, one of them a crisp ten. The seemingly dopey mutant smirked widely and considered the bill for a second, looking over a single wrinkle for a moment before smiling widely, and slipping it back into his pocket, and walking along. His destination was one of those places that sold pizza, and delivered them, the male having read something about a sale as far as pizza was concerned and he was in a rare mood really. Okay, the mood for him was by no means rare but he was just in an exceptionally good mood, like a mood that was better than usual. Walking through the door, he ordered two peperoni pizzas and one of those two litter drinks, one that he thought that Austyn liked.

Of course that could have been a huge assumption on his part, but then again if the male did not like it, then Ryan would have drank the whole thing himself. Once the amount due was presented, he would dig the money from his little beaten leather wallet and plop it down on the counter, smiling widely at the person behind the counter before walking out with the spoils. "Yeah, he is soooo gonna love this.” Ryan muttered to himself, perhaps being a little too enthusiastic. ”Unless he won’t, then that leaves me with two pizzas, and I think I can only eat one…..but cold pizza is still pizza.” Muttering this to himself the male found himself at his doorstep, with two pizzas  in one hand and a alrge bottle of cola in the other, managing to open the door and walk on through.

”Fear not, for Ryan comes bearing the gift of pizza!” The male called out into the house to get his twins attention as the rumble of thunder could be heard off in the distance.

descriptionCompleteRe: Nothing beats pizza, except maybe pie [PG-13]

more_horiz
To say Austyn was busy was an understatement. He was currently running over projections as far as the public's response to the newest little "slip-up" with the NYPD and the MRD which involved the Brotherhood of mutants. Granted, he was aware that it had nothing to do with the true Brotherhood of Mutants, and that this was just a small "gang" posing to be something they weren't. As much as Austyn would have loved to point out the obvious fallacies within the police work, he found himself begrudgingly doing his job. His job was to make the Senator and the New York City officials look good to the public... not to make his fellow mutants look good. With a sigh the male looked over the files one more time, spin-doctoring every little loose end, conforming everything and every avenue to come back to the same logical conclusion so that no one could ever claim that something was unexplained. Austyn's mood was made increasingly sour when he read a quote within one of the "unofficial" reports.

"They are abominations, ALL OF THEM. Mutant kind must not be allowed to continue living on our streets, rotting our society from the inside out. There's not a mutant, not a single mutant worth saving, they can't be saved. They are violent, hateful creatures that are little more than animals. The NYPD had every right to take them down, if they hadn't taken those three down look at what they would have done!" Was the words. He looked over the evidence to find there was a ribbon with the words "Brotherood Forever!" on the ribbon as it was tied to their wrists and to their knives. Austyn simply rolled his eyes. The Brotherhood would not have been so careless, and had he been anyone else other than a trusted "friend" of the Senator he wouldn't have heard the fact that the ribbons had been planted.

Of course he would sit there, running his hands through his hair as he let out a deep exhale, a sigh almost. What was he to do? If he outright spoke up then the odds are that he would end up being discovered as a Mutant as well, something he kept a secret from even his own twin. Speaking of twin, his head cocked to the side as he heard the door open ”Fear not, for Ryan comes bearing the gift of pizza!” the jovial voice called out. The voice always made Austyn smile slightly, simply because of the fact his brother was always so damn happy that it was practically infectious. Austyn pushed himself from behind his desk, stood up and walked into the other room, crossed arms as he found Ryan entering in with two pizza's and about a two-liter of Sprite. "You bought this?" Austyn asked as he stepped into the room, a smile on his face and secretly being grateful that his voice was just a little different...granted it was due to his mutation, but that point was aside. A flash of lightning caught his attention as he walked towards Ryan and their dinner.

more_horiz
The jovial male smiled wider upon catching sight of Austyn, if him smiling any wider was possible. If he was correct, then Austyn was probably working or something like that, which meant that the pizza was even more of a treat than initially thought. He lifted the hand that was holding the sprite lightly, giving it a small tilt, one that would not upset the carbonation in the drink but enough of one to show that he was making it the center of attention. ”Eyup, bought all of this for the two of us. I was like thinking about this during work, while I was making some kind of really preppy drink for a leggy blond with a gum chewing problem.” He began making his way to the small kitchen and placing the two pizzas on the counter along with the drink, turning on his heels and looking to his brother if he had followed.

”I thought, pizza would be really good, and like that I bought pizza. Looks a little greasy but I think that’s the best kind of pizza, really clogs up the arteries.” he noted in his usual speech pattern, one that seemed to go further into something than usual. Pulling a plate from the counter and removing two slices from the box, he placed the greasy pieces of heaven onto the plate and took one of them and bite into it, the flavor exploded into his mouth. It was storming outside, or beginning to, and that reminded him that he disliked thunder, something about it loud and annoying.

more_horiz
He followed Ryan and smirked the entire time. His brother was infectious to him, to meet Austyn and Ryan separately you would never, ever think they were twins from the way they acted, but when you brought the two together they seemed to quite literally infect each other and balance out into a perfect medium. That was mostly Austyn's fault however. Growing up as a "Human" with a Mutant brother he was a unique case in which he supported his brother as best he could, and he didn't put up with any crap from people he once called friends. Because of this though, Austyn became...cynical, or rather he became embittered to people. To that extent the only time Austyn was ever really himself was when he was with the person who was just like him.

Though the twins were even keeled, Austyn still liked the opposition between the two, not as in conflict, but the storm outside, the type of pizza little things that clearly made them different, even though they were relatively the same. Austyn loved lightning storms, he loved rain and thunder. He knew Ryan hated it, but for as little as they happened he didn't mind when one came about. The Peperoni thing was also a slight difference, though he had to say this new kind of pizza was good. They typically frequented Pizza Hut, which Austyn despised due to the smell of the pizza and the texture of their pepperoni, a texture that actually ruined the taste for him. He took a bite, not bothering to grab a plate, knowing that he'd just as soon wash his hands as opposed to wash dishes. He nodded at Ryan in approval. "Thanks dude. I dunno where you found this place, but this is probably the best Pizza I've tasted in a while." He praised as he walked over to the couch, plopped down and turned on a channel that he knew he and his twin would both like.

more_horiz
Ryan could tell from the males expression that he was enjoying the pizza, though one could not tell if that pleased him or not from facial expression alone. If that were ones indicator, then they would think that Ryan was pleased all of the time. Granted there were the occasions where the smile broke on his face, but that was as rare as a blue moon or something like that. ”You like it?” He would ask promptly after swallowing another bite of pizza, a pleased expression forming along his features as the male placed the half eaten slice down on the plate and sighing. ’Well that’s good. I wasn’t really sure about the place, but I was feeling spontaneous and hell the pizza was like five bucks.” He would prattle on. Surprisingly enough the texture of the pepperoni did not bother his twin, much like the peperoni of Pizza Hut pizza, a place that he preferred to frequent.

Following his twin with plate in hand and plopping down on the couch, the television would be turned on and to a channel that he was sure that they would both like. Some sort of sit com was on, one that Austyn actually found funny, and one that Ryan….enjoyed. he snickered at one of the jokes, chewing on his pizza as the lighting flashed outside and the male kinda jumped as the light was cast through the window in a bright yellow. ”So whats up brotha? Anything fun happen on your end today? Mine was kinda boring, the only cool thing happening when this guy like….somehow managed to spill his drink and get it into the hair of someone half way across the coffee shop. Like how do you even do that?” Ryan found himself babbling against, nearly flailing his pizza around as he punctuated speech with hand motions, though he did remember to keep his mouth closed while full.

more_horiz
The lightning flashed and he noticed his superhuman brother jump. Austyn smiled, wanting to tease the hell out of his brother. "afraid of a little fire scarecrow?" He asked, holding his pizza up, an eyebrow arched as he lifted his head back and a teasing smile on his face. He quoting "The Wizard of Oz" as a parallel to scarecrows fear of fire and Ryan's fear of lightning and thunder. It brought back memories actually. When Ryan was little at the first sound of thunder he would almost like...teleport next to Austyn. It usually ended up with Ryan sleeping on his shoulder or something like that. Granted they'd grown up, well...Austyn moreso than Ryan but the point remained the same. He was still slightly convinced that his brother liked having him around during storms...though that could be his nostalgia. His mind began to do it's "existence transcending" thing and suddenly he was enlightened to many possibilities and many thing, though it was quickly shut down when his attention was called back by his brother starting a story.

"I... don't know actually, how did he do that?" Austyn laughed as he tried to imagine that. How cruel fate was to some people. That all aside though he would eventually get the chance to answer his brother's question. "Nothing good happened on my end...at all. I get to turn Mutant-hating comments around so that it's good in the eyes of the public. I'm royally hating my job, but I am loving the pay. If I keep at it until the end of the year I can hopefully get a new job and we can jump to a new house ahead of schedule... that is...if you're still good to come with." Austyn asked, though he found himself hopeful that his brother wasn't going to stay behind or move out with someone else within that time. Of course life was life, and things can't be helped some times. But if he was moving into that huge-as house on his own he wanted to know about it in advance before he tried to furnish it.

more_horiz
So it was true that a person with a body that was almost indestructible was scared of lightning, but then again it was the loud noise of the thunder that really got him. While he was not very fond of the rain, it was tolerable compared to the thunder that occasionally came with it. Ryan turned to Austyn and pouted slightly upon being teased, puffing out his lower lip and shaking his head. Of course he would think back to when both were younger, and when he would practically stick to his brother when lightning struck, which showed how scared he was of it. ”Totally not scared.” he said, trying to appear braver than he actually was, and the thunder did not help any, as it caused him to jolt again. Okay, for someone so strong he seemed to be rather timid.

His mind then snapped to something else, the dilemma of how the coffee found itself in someone’s hair, and the logistics behind it. ”It just kinda flew…like something had thrown it or something.” Ryan found himself muttering, rubbing his chin after taking a huge bite of his pizza slice. The mention of mutant hating comments caused the male to bristle slightly, grimacing ever so lightly at the memories that came with it. The only part that his mind really registered was the last part, about him being good to come with. Ryan would blink a couple of times before nodding. ”I would so be down to come with. Brothas got to stick together and stuff like that.” He would say in a tone that suggested he would never want it another way, wolfing down another bite of the pizza.

more_horiz
Austyn felt a little relief as he heard Ryan's response. He was happy to hear him say what he said, especially the way he said it. Though there was always that lingering doubt. He knew that it wasn't likely to be true. Ryan would move on, find a girl...or a guy, eventually they'd get serious enough an he'd need to move away and that would leave Austyn to his own devices. It was...lonely in all honesty, but it was a concept he needed to get used to, or at least prepare for. Besides...being stuck with Austyn isn't something he wanted for Ryan. When the time comes he'd be ready to let Ryan go with....whatever unworthy bitch or bastard he brought home with him. Though for now he'd appreciate the time he had with his twin. Thinking like this often times drove Austyn insane, it made him feel like a father more than a brother. Besides, he didn't want to become one of those weirdo's that tried to hang on forever... those people be crazy.

"You never know. It was probably some random mutant with telekinesis." Austyn said sarcastically with a false sense of wonder and mystery that made it seem impossible. Unfortunate, once again, Austyn may or may not have been right... thought this was a side-effect of his power and not him actually using the power. He smirked and wolfed down another piece of pizza as he watched the show. He found himself snickering at one of the parts, and then in the next breath he simply stood up and began to make his way back to his desk. When he returned to his desk, he took out the latest evidence file and the case file. He turned around and moved back into the room with his brother, sitting down, crossing his leg over his knee.

Placing the folders on his leg he flipped open the manila folder and looked over the bodies of the mutants and the knife with the banner. It was so staged that it sickened him, but he did as he needed. He resumed work, knowing that soon enough that his brother would be up to some form of antics. He always was. That was okay though, because in the truth...if Austyn weren't so busy with all of his work... He'd be the exact same way.

more_horiz
While Ryan was unsure how much his earnest statement meant to his brother, but as far as he was concerned it was partially him not wanting to get away from his twin yet; an accurate comparison being someone afraid to cut the proverbial umbilical cord. He knew they could not live together forever, but for the time being they would be fine with what they had. ”Random mutant with telekinesis? I wouldn’t put it past those spoon bending bastards to throw coffee in peoples hair.” Ryan noted with a slightly terse tone, eyes narrowing and tone morphing into a growl before simply returning to its normal happy texture. With that thought gone, he would finish off another slice of pizza and burp lowly, smirking childishly.

His eyes would follow his brother as he seemed to stand up and walk somewhere else, leaving him sitting on the couch with the grease coated plate, and his eyes wide in usual curiosity. Part of him wanted to know more about what he was doing, but likely it was some kind of boring legal stuff that he would have no interest in, or whatevs. So jumping to his feet, he waltzed back into the kitchen and placed the plate by the sink to be cleaned later, before…his mind kind of wandered. While Ryan was by no means stupid, he did not find it imperative that he act like he were some kind of intellectual, so he was fine with the carefree way that he conducted himself.

So with his mind requiring some manner of stimuli, he would wander around the house, first his room and then just walking about until his mind placed together the proverbial lego blocks. Wandering back into the little living room set up, Ryan leaned against the back with his elbows and looked over Austyn’s shoulder, eyes scanning over what he was reading over. ”Whatcha doin?” he asked, not going to make any assumptions, not yet atleast.

more_horiz
His brother peering over his shoulder caused him to shift to the side slightly and turn his head, looking to the identical twin with an curved brow and a smirk. He turned back around and pointed to some of the pictures, not really afraid nor ashamed of what he was doing. Well, he was ashamed, but that was mostly because he knew he had to do it to keep his job well enough in line. With the pictures of the mutants lying on the ground with the ribbon tied to a knife he let Ryan gander at his leisure. Austyn, however would probably need to explain everything, which was not because his brother was stupid. It was because Austyn knew the details and Ryan had only seen the pictures now, or maybe the news earlier. "A cop opened fired on a mutant, killed him. His buddies felt threatened and started to run, other officers came to the scene to see them running and they shot them too. Turns out, the officer opened fire for no good reason, and he got off with simply a slap on the wrist. They want me to make sure no one suspects a thing..." He said as he pointed to the knife with a large ribbon. "By turning this on them... they planted the knife there, CSI did a half-assed investigation, knowing what happened but simply chose to ignore the tampering of evidence. Now they want me to do what I do best... manipulate a lot of people into believed a lot of bullshit." He said with a sigh. It was apparent from his sigh and from the solemn tone he carried that he absolutely, without a doubt, 100% hated his job... with a passion.

If he had put the effort he did into this job, and had a passion for it there would be no doubt ever, anywhere that Austyn would excel. He excelled now, and he hated it, so what could he do if he loved it? Though Austyn gave up on the concept of happiness long ago. He needed to "pay his dues" in order to acquire what he needed to make sure that he and his brother could live happily. Granted he and Ryan MIGHT be able to scratch by every month if they were both barista's, but unfortunately Austyn had just happened to be at the right time, at the right place, and was making good money with it... and money has a way of binding people...even mutants. He leaned back and ran his left hand through his hair as he leaned back, sighing at his work, looking at it and closing his eyes. How he wished it would just...go away, though he was certain it wouldn't...and Ryan's opinion was likely to be heard soon.

more_horiz
Ryan’s twin turned towards him, giving him a rather curious raise of the brow along with a smirk that suggested that something about the male’s curiosity was amusing. His attention turned from the smirking Austyn to the pictures that he was looking for, which appeared to be a few people with ribbons tied around their wrists and knives if he saw correctly. His mind began to run over why the images looked familiar, though nothing came to mind except perhaps some story that he saw on the news earlier. He cocked his head to the side curiously, humming lowly as if mentally trying to divine what the pictures were about and why they were of dead bodies. Luckily Austyn was willing to explain the situation, even though the truth of the matter was likely something that would anger Ryan, internally or otherwise.

So it seemed that this was all a matter of mutant fear becoming something that it did not have to be. People were scared, made stupid mistakes and someone died because of their stupidity. He could not help but frown really, eyebrows furrowing into angry shapes as his forehead would also wrinkle into a sort of serious expression. The thought that someone would want to kill him just because he was a mutant filled him with both anger and sadness, mostly the latter rather than the former. People would not even know who he was and hate him just because of how he was born.”Yeah…sounds like a lotta stupid bullshit.” Ryan muttered moving from his leaning position on the couch, content with what he had seen as far as the pictures was concerned.

Did the mutants have family that cared about them as much as Ryan had his brother there for him? From what he heard, it was usually the human family that disowned the mutant members and either trying to kill them or simply casting them out. It was stupid and Ryan hated it. Part of him wished that his brother didn’t have to do that, but he knew that he was the one that did most of the work as far supporting this family went, but when one had no real special talents, he did what he could. Being useless save for being able to punch things really hard tended to be a real pain sometimes. Sure he had a job, and managed to rake in some money, it was nothing that could really hope to compare to what his brother did, not that he really considered that too often. Moping did no good for him, so he simply avoided the whole moping thing and punched the….yeah he needed a new punching bag. Broke the last one on the first punch and never got around to getting a new one.

He could however tell that his brother did not like his job, mostly by the tone that he had used to describe his latest job. With a small huff, he plopped down onto the couch and crossed arms over his chest.

Last edited by Ryan Abernathy on Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
Most families disowned mutants, but when he found out his brother was a mutant it only solidified the family unit. No matter what Ryan was, or who he was, Austyn was his brother. Even when Austyn learned about his mutation just a short while ago. One month and two weeks today actually. He jumped right into the politics game though, immediately abusing his power and forcing his "research" to be correct and winning the senator his election. Granted he was hailed a genius and what have you and at 18 he was employed into a position most people take decades of schooling to become well versed in. It was strange that he'd not used his power since then really, scared of his own mutation. Scared indeed, afraid, terrified really, but he was man enough to admit it, if one asked about it. Thankfully he'd been "cleared" as a human for so many years that no one really asked anymore. His brother crossing his arms and having that disrupted look on him was unflattering.

"I dunno. Seems to me like the guy getting off with a slap on the wrist and not criminal charges was enough. But to ask me to turn it and make it seem like it was all their fault. I don't exactly like mutants but....that's a jealousy thing, this is just... ludicrous...and not the black kind." Austyn said as he pressed minimized the internet explorer and pressed "play" The music video of Phat Rabbit from 2000. Austyn looked at him, one brow lowered and a smirk on his face as he began to perfectly mimic the words in the exact same voice as the rap itself. "I can make a hoe get like Forrest Gump and just "run baby run", I guess that they can't handle this. Brothers just to scandalous, If you don't wanna get freaked, then get out my way like an ambulance. Gitty up gitty up ride up on the real, let death to the fake
And tell you boyfriend just to chill! WHOO!"
Austyn  ended it up in Ryan's face before he shot up, dropping a manila folder and it's contents spilling everywhere. He spun on his heel and snatched his glass form the table and started walking around the couch laughing as he messed up Ryan's hair on his way past.

"I'll get the mess in a sec, I got it." He said, now pouring himself a new drink he began to worry about Ryan trying to pick up the manila folder. The second folder was a more "personally addressed" letter. It was rather creepy to be honest. It was his background check, it was his records and a copy of his diploma, a physical assessment that proved he was human, but then it also included picture of Ryan and a notice that the Senator would not be affiliated with him in the least, and Ryan was not even allowed on the premises. It also had a rather "ominous" but properly worded ending to it that "threatened without threatening" Ryan, to which Austyn had two reactions. He had the brotherly reaction, and he had the professional reaction. The previous being asking him "who the hell do you think you are?" and the latter being "Yes sir." while thinking I'll give you a million bucks if you COULD hurt him, punks.

With that drink poured he made his way back to the couch and would hopefully begin picking stuff up, unless Ryan had already, in which he would either seen it and Austyn would have things to answer for, or he would have paid no heed, either way it was something Austyn would be addressing soon...he had just hoped not with Ryan.

more_horiz
Even if the whole world did seem against him, there was always one person that Ryan could trust to have his back and that was his brother. While the rest of humanity seemed against him, there was one that was not and that was at least a comfort to the male, who seemed to be pouting on the couch, even if half of his attention had turned to the show playing on the tv. Like a rubber band however, his attention would snap to Austyn as he began to speak again, something about not liking mutants due to some kind of jealousy thing and he wondered if that was how all humans felt towards mutants. They didn’t hate them, so much as they were really jealous about not having super powers like them. If that were the case, then he could marginally understand it, but killing mutants was still pretty messed up either way.

Things however changed quickly, as his brother seemed to hit play on something and his facial expression changed completely. Yupp, that song was definitely Phat Rabbit and Ryan had a feeling that he knew what would be coming next, or he had an inkling, as soon as the words began to leave his mouth. While Ryan was serious before, he could not help but crack a wide grin upon hearing this….cover? Regardless of what it was, he was barely able to keep himself from laughing, brother practically in his face at this point before promptly ending that and dropping his folder on the floor, along with the contents. The young mutant stared at the spilled contents of the folder for a moment before turning to look at Austyn who was walking around the couch, then deciding to mess up his hair.

Not that he could complain, as he was giggling childishly, holding arms over his gut as he fell back into the couch. The fit subsided within a matter of seconds as he turned to the scattered documents, considering cleaning the mess up and deciding to do so, to help his brother out or whatever. Dropping to his knees, Ryan began to gather up the things that were in the folders and placed them in what seemed like the right place, mind so scattered that he didn’t really look over most of the things. If they did not seem like they pertained to the….cover up operation, they went into the second folder, though one thing that did give him pause was a picture of….himself. Granted he looked as handsome as ever in that picture, it was a little strange to see a picture of himself in one of his brothers work folders, though it found itself thrust in its proper place quick enough.

One thing that he would not bother with was grilling his brother about work, as that would likely lead to some problems, especially since he was hanging around politicians. If half of what people said about them was true, then they could not be trusted. Making sure that everything was ordered, Ryan placed one folder on top of the other, catching sight of Ryan as he walked back into the room and offering the two seemingly sorted folders. ”Here ya go.” He said with the same characteristic grin, waiting for them to be taken from his hands as he made his way to the kitchen, pouring himself some of the Sprite that he had bought before plopping back down on the couch, sipping on the beverage.

more_horiz
"Thank ya." Austyn said in a rather laid back tone, but a rather cheery spring to it all the same. He took the manila folder and smiled when he set it own on the coffee table and let Ryan past so that he could attend to his own thirst. Austyn wondered if his twin had seen anything, though he would not press. If it had been that "big of an issue" he'd have said something. And he would hope that his twin knew that if anything were to truly happen, or people were truly after him that he would at bare minimum warn him and get him the hell out of the fire. But he was not his twin, he did not know what he thought. But he trusted him to say what was on his mind...that wasn't even a twin thing, that was a Ryan thing. But all that aside he'd sit down on the couch and kick his feet up onto the coffee table and sigh.

"If I were a mutant..." He mused aloud for a moment. This "game" was a particularly funny one that Austyn and Ryan used to play with their friends, back when the had human friends. It was a game where someone stated "If I were a mutant-" and then the next person would give the response "You'd-" and give the person some form of crazy and weird mutation. Generally it was a dis to the person, but in a way that was funny and almost endearing between friends. Of course the game changes... especially when one of the players goes from saying "If I were a mutant" to "Guys...I'm a Mutant." and everyone looks at them with wide eyes and taking steps back as if to not catch the mutation, as if it were infectious. He remembered the day Ryan came clean about everything. Honestly the sexuality part wasn't a surprise, their mother used to joke about how shy he'd get around anything that was cute. The mutation though, that was a kick in the rear to all of them, granted... their mom died overdosing on her prescription because of a doctor's incompetence was also a damn powerful kick. He looked to Ryan, or sought him out with his vision to look at him to hear what interesting thin he might reply with.

Keeping secrets was never my strong suit. He thought to himself as he awaited an answer. Perhaps it was time he mentioned something about being a mutant to his brother. It's been over a month now. What was he scared of, the pot yelling at the kettle for being black? There were very rarely any secrets kept between them, and by secrets it means as in one could ask the other and not get straight answer. The mutation was one of them, though after having passed the "mutation free" scanning thing they did just two months ago it was likely never going to be a question. Though he was curious to hear what his brother would say.

more_horiz
The question posed out loud quickly caught Ryan’s interest, a low humming escaping from him as he quickly began to think of a proper answer. A proper answer as in one that fit into the context of the little game that was being played at the moment, which usually was a manner of diss. Like having some kind of prehensile tongue, having an extraneous arsehole or growing extra eyes, things of that nature. Of course his mind would begin reeling with the possible mutations that he could think up, but nothing good came immediately. So it took him a good moment before he could think of anything good, and once he did a grin formed along his lips as he would prepare to answer. ”You’d probably have like face tendrils, and an ink defense, or claws.” Ryan noted with a smirk before promptly making the noise that Zoidberg made from Futurama and snipping motions with his hands, then giggling childishly.

Of course this was a game was something that they played with their former “friends” but that was before they knew that he was actually a mutant, and that was when everything changed. The whole friends not wanting to be friends with him anymore thing hurt, but at least his brother supported him, which was enough for him. Afterall, family was supposed to stick together and it was the same both ways. If anyone gave his brother any trouble, then Ryan would give them the incentive to not give him any trouble, whether that was through threats or through broken bones. Well there was also their mother who didn’t turn her back on him, but she had died of a drug overdose; thanks to some jackass doctor that didn’t know what the hell they were doing. The thought of that alone made the corner of his lips twitch before quickly snapping back to their usual shape.

Reclining in the couch and sipping on the carbonated beverage, partially wondering what it would be like if his brother were a mutant. It would actually be pretty cool, as they could talk about mutant things and probably things of that nature, but the possibility of life becoming harder on him was not a desirable effect. The fact that he could find employment as a mutant was a surprise within itself, so he would not wish that upon his brother, the whole discrimination thing anyway.

more_horiz
He couldn't contain himself as his brother made that noise from the stupid Future-Rama or whatever show that was from. It was the lobster-octopus-Cthulhu thing. He thought he remembered the name. Zoidberg, or Zoeyburger or something. Nah, it was probably the first. He ended up inhaling some of his sprite and ended up having a violent cough as he smiled and tried to laugh at the same time. Eventually he'd clear his throat and he'd still be smiling as he shook his head at his brother. "Jesus." was the only thing he'd say before he was able to take in a sharp inhale and breathe semi-normally once more, his chest hurting from the violent heaving. He still had a smile plastered onto his face as he looked down into his glass at the sprite and scoffed, shaking his head and throwing back a chug of it. He could never say he had a laughter deficiency thanks to his brother, but he also had his share of moments too. The twin dynamic between these two was complex, to say the least...but a good kind of complex, kept it interesting.

"If you were a mutant...." He began, as if posing the question to himself, humming and thinking it over as his eyes narrowed and he seemed to inspect Ryan a moment. "You'd have a thick skull and you'd probably be good at punching things." He said nodding as he crossed his arms, a fake sense of seriousness about him as he nodded slowly. "I approve of this mutation." He said before all seriousness faded and he looked outside to the lightning, letting it illuminate the room. Austyn would need sleep before long, though his brother's impervious body he was uncertain. He yawned and stood up before walking off and vanishing. "B.R.B" He said inside his yawn, making it sound rather distorted. He vanished into his room only to return without a shirt and in a pair of sweat pants, a large blanked wrapped around him and a slight train of the large really soft and fuzzy blanket behind him. He then plopped down onto the couch and produced a small little "cold-seal lunch bag" thing form those Arctic people. He unzipped it and pulled from it all of his contact care stuff, to which he proceeded to remove his contacts and take out his glasses and set them upon his face. He then zipped up his bag and set it on the coffee table.

"I'm camping out here, easier to hear the rain and such." He said with yawn. He gave a smirk and returned to watching the television, the sit-com refracting from his lenses as his eyes got heavy. He'd need to get up and do the same thing tomorrow. Make sure Ryan was up on time, make sure he was organized before work, get himself to work, submit his "Report" and "Response" to the events prior so the senator and the officer can deliver their "Press releases" and blame this thing on the Brotherhood. How wonderful... He began to fade, but he roused himself enough to keep up watching the show with his brother.

more_horiz
 Ryan watched his brothers face contort slightly as he seemed to be in a mixture of laughing and choking upon his drink, one of which did not sound good in retrospect but was negated by the fact that he was also laughing. Of course that coughing fit would not last forever and as such he was left with laughing before he took another sip of the carbonated drink. Now the twins were smiling, though Ryan had a wider smile placed upon his face than his brother, which was simply his nature to have. It was times like this that he really enjoyed having a brother like Austyn, plus the fact that he seemed to support him no matter what. Next came his turn to perpetuate the whole game that they were playing, saying that if he were a mutant, even if he was actually one. The fact that he was, still did not diminish the smirk on his face as he waited for what his sibling would say.

He would seem to inspect him for a moment, trying to surmise what he would have exactly before answering, hitting the nail on the head rather hard. This alone was enough to draw a loud laugh from Ryan, as he placed his hands over his mouth in an attempt to stifle the laughter somewhat and failing miserably. The flash of lighting, followed by the boom of thunder caused Ryan to flinch however and stopped his laughter while his brother would make a temporary leave from the room and go elsewhere. Quickly getting through that surprise, he would wait for his brother to return, humming to himself while he did so and thrumming his fingers on the side of the couch until he could not sit down any longer as he shot to his feet.

The male would then begin to pace around, eyes darting about as if absorbing all of the features of the room, even if it were just his mind gripping for straws as far as stimulation went. When Austyn returned he was dressed in only a pair of sweat pants, and a blanket that was wrapped around him, something about that style making him look more like his twin in some way. Sure Ryan had a more unkempt and wild look, hair all windswept and stuff, but they had features that placed them as twins. Following on his brothers footsteps, he would walk into his room and change himself, choosing a pair of jeans that were cut off to make shorts, with the ends ragged. For a shirt he would choose a simple shirt with the sleeves cut out, a fashion that he did not quite understand but enjoyed nonetheless.

Walking back into the living room, he would plop down on the couch and yawn. ”I think this is some kind of rerun or something. Because I think I’ve seen this one before….or I’m thinking of something else entirely.” Ryan mused aloud, running fingers through his hair and rustling it up.

more_horiz
"It...is a rerun I think." Austyn said as he forced himself awake still smiling slightly. His eyelids grew heavy and they shut, he let out a little sigh and fell to sleep, seldom breathing to sustain himself. Not a clue in the world as to what was now going on around him. The day would come tomorrow and it would all come again. That would have been the case, had he been able to stay asleep. He was out maybe a half hour before his eyes opened again, and he began to look around, searching for his brother to see if he had fallen asleep yet. While it was true that he was invincible he was unsure how that really affected his sleep patterns. Logically there would be an alteration, but nothing drastic. Then again...through logic he shouldn't be able to simply make things happen when he spoke. He would wander around if his brother had vacated until he found him, and then he'd return to the couch where he'd sleep again. Unless he never had to move.

The next morning came about, and Austyn was up and ready to go, getting dressed. Same infernal blazer sports coat, same button up, same tie, same bloody shoes. Of course he'd take the bike if he could, but it wasn't very professional. He walked over to Ryan's room and banged on the door three times before continuing on his trek to the front door, opening it and stepping out two steps before backing up and looking to the calendar next to the door. It was Saturday... he didn't work on Saturday. His keys still in his hand, the palm came up and slapped onto his head, right over his right eye. He stepped back and closed the door with a heavy sigh.

more_horiz
So it seemed that they were watching a rerun, not that Ryan really cared considering that he found the episode funny anyway. With that curiosity scratched, he would continue to watch the show, television perhaps one of the only things that could keep him sitting down for any extended period of time, even if his fingers could not stop tapping along on the arm rest. Something came to his mind, and before he spoke it he actually turned to Austyn, to find him snoozing silently on the couch. The male couldn’t help but smirk, something about seeing his brother so serene like that comforting in a way. Checking the time, he sighed and reclined on the couch as the dumb sit com would come to a close and leave him with the commercials.

Considering that he was effectively done with television for the night, Ryan stood to his feet and made his way to his room, opening the door and making his way through. For the most part it was a mess, clothing strewn across the floor, one of which appeared to be some form of lacey bra. ”I….don’t think that’s mine.” Ryan muttered picking it up by one strap and tossing it into one of the larger piles that he would have to remember to clean at a later date. Letting out a sigh, the male would remove almost all of his clothing, save for boxers and plop down onto his bed and stretch out, each joint giving a noncommittal pop as the slightly pleasurable sensation ran its course.

The room was at the moment only lit by a single lamp that managed to cat its light across the entire room, though it was somewhat dull. Pulling on the metallic string the light would go out and within a few minutes he was asleep, snoring softly until the loud knock on his door would wake him up He would stir awake with a low groan, mind in a haze as he rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand and rolled onto his side. His hair was a mess of dark brown, a few strands falling over his forehead as he forced them out of it. Did he have work today? The day actually had slipped his mind, so the male was unsure if he did, which meant that he would have to check his phone or something. Digging through the pockets of his discarded jeans, Ryan would pull it out and drowsily flip through until he found the calendar, which said it was Saturday….no work today.

Grumbling about something, he would lazily get up and walk through his door, making a beeline for the kitchen. What he needed now was coffee, and considering his love for the stuff, or atleast his life for it, he had some rather interesting coffee blends available. All he needed to do was brew it now, and what kind of Barista would he be if he did not have the proper equipment?

more_horiz
Austyn yanked at the tie, loosening it until it was just a huge loop around his neck and he threw the nice jacket at the couch where he had been laying not an hour ago. He began to unbutton the formal pressed shirt. With an open shirt and a loose tie he proceeded to finish off his amazing image by going over to the fridge and removing a bottle of beer from the bottom shelf. With that he simply twisted the cap off with his hand and closed his eyes with a deep sigh before putting the bottle to his mouth and taking a sip, his brother walking in shortly after. Austyn continued on his "businessman who just lost everything" look as he finished off the entire bottle and brought the bottle down with a sigh. He then proceeded to open the pantry under the sink and throw the bottle into their recycling bin. He turned in his bare feet and looked to Ryan, who was apparently on his way to begin coffee.

"It's fuckin' Saturday." Austyn grumbled as he rubbed the bridge of his nose. "I gotta run that speech in, but still... all dressed up for nothing." He said holding his arms out and then letting them fall and slap his thighs. He walked over and sat at the kitchen table, a tall stool like thing with a black padded backing to it and a carmine colored metallic frame. He let out a "oomph" sigh as the cold chilled through the thin shirt and hit his back. He closed his eyes and his head fell back.

more_horiz
The murky black liquid would begin to pool within the clear glass container of the coffee maker, Ryan glaring at it with a certain intensity. His brother would remove a beer from the fridge, going from businessman to casual in almost record time as he would take a sip from the alcoholic drink. With the coffee being brewed, Ryan would get to work on making himself something as far as breakfast was concerned, removing a package of bacon from the fridge as well as some eggs; him getting to work on something as far as food was concerned while Austyn did whatever it was that Austyn’s did. His brother would grumble about having gotten dressed for nothing, which drew a snicker from Ryan who was busy giving the eggs a good beating, just not with his fists.

Bacon grease would sizzle as it hit the frying pan, crackling as some fell ineffectually against his skin, and was quickly whipped away by Ryan. The mutant whistled lowly to himself, working over the food as the coffee brewed itself, slowly but surely. ”I dunno, you look pretty fancy all dressed up and shiet.” Ryan said nonsensically as he made sure to keep an eye on the food, rationing out the generously scrambled eggs and bacon so to speak, and spreading them out on plates before sliding one to his brother and taking a strip of bacon for himself. He bit into it and seemed to moan almost in pleasure, instantly taking another bite and really just shoving the entire bit of bacon into his mouth.

Next came the coffee, which was done and ready to be poured out, then sweetened with some kind of delicious creamer and filled with sugar. With the milky colored beverage in hand he would sit down at the table across from Austyn and sip on it quickly. If his brother wanted a cup himself, then Ryan could of course oblige and get one, but that was only if.

more_horiz
Austyn wasn't hungry really, though he'd not turn away his brother's cooking. Fortunately for the both of them they inherited their mother's cooking skills. Austyn would have loved to invest more into them and hone them, however he was busy enough as it is, and he began to go rusty. Over time it turned into Ryan cooking, or Austyn taking him to a restaurant. Nights like last night were good nights too though, they had good food, in the confines of their lower-middleclass house. Sure, it was labeled "Lower-middle class" but in truth, they owned the joint. They didn't rent, they owned this house and for a couple of eighteen year olds it was a nice enough house. Austyn also made sure to take rather good care of it, even if it wasn't a mansion. Plus someone had to take care of it with Ryan living there...if one had seen his room it would be quite clear how the rest of the house would be. Though Austyn did note he took the incentive to clean it occasionally, and when he cleaned he was in fact thorough.

"Thank you much." Austyn said, his voice rattled with irritation as the dark bags under his eyes made it clear as to the quality of sleep he had received. His nice attire all messed up, his hair a slight mess, alcohol on the breath and the angry perspiration, irritated tone and the dark bags under the eyes made him look like a drunken dad who beat his kids. He looked to the plate and smiled as he sat himself up form his slouched position. He proceeded to take a piece of bacon and tear into it viciously. He let out a chuckle when he heard his brother let out the pleased noise from devouring his food. "I've heard that noise before...but never from the food." He teased his brother as he took another bite. He found himself also enjoying the flavor, but made great pains as to not make himself out to be a hypocrite.

"So...what's on the agenda for you?" Austyn asked before shoveling eggs into his mouth and looking to his twin.

more_horiz
Whether or not Austyn was hungry was a minor detail, as the food would go eaten either way; either by Austyn or his twin. The male would dig into the eggs, stomach seeming to enjoy the food that he was placing into it with a great amount of pleasure. Granted Austyn physically did not look like the happiest camper in the tent, but then again he had just woken up, and likely he had booze in his system so there was always that. Despite his unhappy demeanor the smile that adorned his face and the thank you was enough for Ryan to know that he was not cross enough to take It out on him, though he never really did that. Besides, he was not exactly the type to complain when he was only wearing his boxers.

Chewing on another piece of bacon, he nearly choked on it upon hearing the mention of the noise that he was making. ”You know me. It only takes a little meat to get that noise from me.” He snickered biting down on the bacon after stopping himself from laughing. Of course he was also making that joke to either get a laugh or some kind of reaction out of his brother, as he was the mischievous scamp that he was. Leaning on his elbows he would then listen to what his brother asked about what he had planned. ”I didn’t have much planned today actually. Might do a little room cleaning and play some video games, ya know; the typical things for my days off.”

more_horiz
Austyn didn't really hide his love of alcohol, though he could quit at any time he wanted to. No, seriously, he only literally had to say "I'm not an Alcoholic" and his mutation would do the rest. Sadly, he did like it a little more than he should, especially for an illegal participant. He however didn't do well with a lot in his life. Despite Ryan's ignorance, Austyn had a reason for beginning down this "Self-destructive" path. Granted just drinking from a bottle didn't make one self-destructive, but it sounded more...appropriate like that. He would get to milk soon enough to keep him from reaching for more of the "Piss-water" as his mother jokingly called it. The second his brother said he just needed a little meat, Austyn's face burned and he tried to not laugh as milk began to pour from his nose and onto a napkin he pulled over to stop it from spilling on his pants. He quickly composed himself, making sure not to be too animated as he cleared his throat.

"Oh really? I'll have to keep that in mind." Austyn said, with a rather interested tone, though one could have easily presumed him being creepy with his twin, though rather than simply entertaining a response he would prove his sharp-forked silver tongue but letting out a refreshed sigh after gulping from the milk he retrieved. He had a rather impish grin himself, turning the tables of his brother was his intent, though h was unsure if it would be successful. "So tell me, how has being shy and turning as red as a cherry helped you pop yours?" He asked as he chuckled and took another drink of the milk. He shook his head and wanted to get a reaction of his own from the twin, hoping to see the reaction he was about to give just moments ago. He smirked regardless and sighed when he heard his brother's plans. Nothingness, except cleaning his room, in which he had to wonder if he ever found that bra... though his attention snapped back to the task at hand.

"Hm... well alright then. I'm going to get dressed in regular clothes and then go hand this bullshit speech thingy in." He said as he stood up, looking down before turning to his twin and smirking as a wild thought crossed his mind. "I would go in like this but people might think I'm sleeping with the bosses kid. Actually, wait, not a bad idea. Think Sam would like this?" He asked, hair still ruffled up the tie still undone and around his neck and the shirt unbuttoned. He shook his head and headed off to his room, even before hearing the answer. Sleeping with the bosses kid is never a good idea. Well actually anyone who'd seen Sam it was a great idea. Anyone who got to know her would be crazy to pass it up it was such a great idea....but getting caught? Not so much.

more_horiz
Ryan raised a singular eyebrow at what the male had initially said about his little joke, something underlying seeming to be behind the statement in general. The follow up however was quite unexpected, Ryan nearly choking on his coffee as his cheeks turned a bright red. Okay, so perhaps he did not think that far ahead as far as a response went, but then again Ryan did not think too far ahead on most things that he did, so it was an acceptable loss really, even if he was only proving his brothers point. Wiping away a few streams of the coffee that had escaped from his mouth Ryan composed himself. He didn’t really have the time to answer as his brother would make his way to his room, and left the male there eating his bacon, grumbling something to himself.

He had of course seen Sam, but Ryan being the big idiot he was couldn’t have even talked to the person, let alone slept with them. For all of his big talk he was nowhere as near as whorish as he portrayed himself, just a huge dork with a whorish exterior. One could theorize that the whorish exterior came because Ryan thought otherwise he would have seemed boring, but the answer itself was unknown really. Ryan mostly done with the plate would pick it up and placed it where all the dishes usually went before he dealt with them. With that done he would make his way to his room, slipping into something more than simply boxers, picking out a pair of black gym shorts and a simple white t-shirt. With that done, he considered either going with the room cleaning or the video games, one of them more entertaining than the others.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum