X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteA Day in the Park with Rachel (PG)

more_horiz
It had now been a few months that Charity was adopted by Rachel Mason.  The once street mutant was living a great new life in a mansion that Rachel owned.  Today, Charity had begged for a day in the park for it was still beautiful out and she enjoyed going outside with her new long jacket that covered her wings perfectly.  It also had sleeves that fit so he wore it like a normal jacket except that it looked like she had a hump on her back.  She wore a backpack over the jacket to hide the hump and looked normal.  Inside the backpack, Charity carried two statues one of a cat the other of a dog. She had asked Rachel to buy them for her one day when hey were out shopping for clothing and bedding material.  

The young mutant was no longer filthy, or longer wore rags. She had a smile on her face all the time.  She was clean, slept in a bed and had everything she could ever ask for except her parents.  She still never wanted to find them.  They called her a freak, they didn't love her like Rachel did.  Rachel had taken her in without hesitation and Charity cherished it.

Now, at the park, Charity smiled as she ran to a swing set and sat down and giggled slightly.  "Could you push me?"

Last edited by Charity Bolds on Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: A Day in the Park with Rachel (PG)

more_horiz
Jake didn't remember much the last six months or so. Events since the rescue had been a blur. He remembered waking up at home and the MRD breaking it but that was it. He was slowly rebuilding his life. He was walking with his german shepherd Jax in the park when Jax bounded off towards the playground. He never had to keep the loyal companion on a leash because the dog always stayed with him.

He followed curiously. Jax trotted up to a little girl and sat down with his head tipped and panted. He looked like a friendly dog. Jake flicked his zippo open and shut anxiously until he realized he knew the woman with the little girl. Well kind of knew her. " Hey there ah...um. Rachelle right? Long time no see."

Seeing her brought back memories. He slowly lifted a cigarette to his mouth and lit it. He was trying to play it cool but his hands were shaking. He still had scars on his hands from the experiments. " Cute kid. Jax seems to like her. Didnt know you were married... or old enough for kids."

more_horiz
Rachel stood by Charity's side, never leaving her. She wouldn't let her out of her sight. Far too many people have hurt the little girl and by taking her off the streets, Rachel insured that nothing would happen to her.  She hasn't fully told her about what it was that she did or what she was. But all in good time she would explain everything. Rachel felt like she and Charity have much in common. 

Now she would help her and raise Charity to be someone who can help the world. Of course, she would choose her own destiny. Rachel pushed the girl and made her swing higher. Then another person showed up. Rachel knew she saw him somewhere bit couldn't place where it was that she did. "Name is Amy. I don't know who the other person is," said Rachel defensively. The guy was sure asking too many questions and she didn't feel safe answering them. "If I didn't know any better I'd say you are MRD."

more_horiz
Charity giggled as she was pushed.  She heard the new person call Rachel by her real name and raised a brow before Rachel corrected him with the name Amy which is what Charity knew her by.  She smiled brightly as she flew in the air, almost like she was flapping her own wings to swing.

"Miss Amy this is so much fun!"  She shouted until she heard the words M.R.D and jumped off the swing and landed on the ground easily, using a small flap of her wings under the jacket to slow her fall.  She quickly ran to Rachel's side and held her arm.  "He's M.R.D?"  She asked, her eyes terrified.

((Welcome back!!)

more_horiz
Jake frowned. He knew she was one of the people to save him. His hands shook since they did the experiments and they were shaking harder now. He sarcastically chuckled. "You and i both know i am far from MRD. I was just going to thank you. If you want to be that way then i guess sorry i wasted your time."he whistled to jax. He had to get out of the park. Out of public.

more_horiz
Now it was all coming back to Rachel. She did save him in Russia long time ago. All the deeds and she has already forgotten them. Rachel didn't keep up with all the people she ever saved, but it was good to know that her work was doing some good in a world. She looked at the kid one more time. How could she be so dumb? Life was more crowded then streets of her own city in New York. After telling the kid what she did, Rachel fell bad. 

Charity ran to her, an she wrapped an arm around her smaller shoulder. "I apologize," she said sincerely "I didn't recognize you for a moment." She looked down to the little girl and nudged her back to the swing. "It's ok, Charity. There is no bad guys around us. Go have fun." Then Rachel turned her attention back to the boy walking away. "Wait," she tries to stop him. "What would you say to a dinner invitation?"

more_horiz
Jake stopped when he heard her voice. He was expecting more verbal lashing but he stopped. She wasnt yelling. He turned back to her and took an unlit cigarette out of his mouth. Jax was right by his side. He didnt even remeber if he owned a leash for the dog."guess that might be alright. Sorry i gor a bit testy there. I...i dont do so well around people since russia. I get the heebie geebies ya know?"

more_horiz
Charity nodded at Rachel, relieved and then noticed the dog. "May I pet the puppy?"  She asked first Rachel and then Jake.  She fixed the back pack on her back, making sure it was on firmly and slowly walked toward the dog, not petting it until she was allowed of course.  Charity knew better then to just run up to other peoples pets because they might be aggressive.  Of course, Charity had her own pets, if you would call them pets since they were statues she brought to life.  

She stopped half way to the dog and looked back at Rachel then to Jake and waited for permission to have fun with the dog.  She was relieved that Jake wasn't M.R.D, relieved that the day was not going to be ruined.

more_horiz
Jake nodded at the little girl. " Hes a big puppy. He wont hurt you unless you are a really bad guy. He likes fetch and giving kisses." He nodded to Jax and let him go and meet the little girl. Seeing the little girl brought back memories and he had to let out a quick breath.

more_horiz
The little girl's smile grew as she ran to the dog after getting Jake's permission and assumed Rachel would say yes too, she didn't wait for that part and hugged Jax with her eyes sparkling.  She let go and let the dog lick her face and giggled like any little girl would.  Her back pack slipped off though as the dog played with her but Charity barely noticed, and her jacket was still on.  Unfortunately, some small white feathers came out of the jacket and into the grass before the little girl fixed her Jacket and put her back pack back on to re-cover her wings.  She then grabbed a stick and threw it for the dog to chase.  Charity did not notice some of the feathers that had come out and off her wings nor did she realize some stuck to her back and the grass since she was to into playing with the dog.  

"He's so nice mister.  What's his name?" She asked as the dog brought the stick back. Charity laughed and threw it again.  This time she ran with the dog, the feathers flying off her and into Jake as she chased the dog and picked up another stick and threw it the other way getting the dog to run that way and her to run with.  It was a fun game for Charity.  Her backpack jumped up and down with her but this time no more feathers came loose.   Charity would of loved to fly with the dog but knew she wasn't allowed to do such things in public parks.  It made the game somewhat less fun, but for Charity, this was more fun than playing with statue dogs who were not very fast and had less coordination in catching sticks.  Plus statue dogs did not give kisses, nor were they warm and furry.

Charity ran over to Rachel ad undid her backpack and handed two statues, one of a dog the other a cat, both not animated, to Rachel to loosen the weight.  "Can you hold these for me Miss Amy?"  She asked and ran back to play with the dog.

more_horiz
Jake smirked as she played with jax. It made him a little sad but at the same time broke through his snarky exterior.jax was enjoying himself as well. He raised an eyebrow at the feathers and started to put things together. He bent down and picked them up so that no one would find them later. "His name is jax. Hes a german shepherd."

more_horiz
Rachel was enjoying seeing Charity happy. She never had hold hood like hers but wasn't envying the girl either, because she had it pretty rough herself. Rachel took the statues that Charity gave her and did not say anything about it. She just wanted her to be happy. No matter what.

She looked at the dog and then at the boy again. "You gonna have to learn how to. The world isn't a safe or comfortable at the moment but we got to make the best of it."

more_horiz
"I deal with it. I know my limits. Ive only blown up a couple trash cans on accident." He smirked around the cigarette in his mouth and wink at her in a teasong way then went back to watching jax play with the kid. Even though being around rachel brought back those memories he didnt necessarily dislike her company.

more_horiz
Charity saw Jake put a cigarette to his mouth and frowned, "That isn't healthy." The young mutant said and pounced at the dog as the dog pounced back.  The two were perfectly matched in size that the playing was great for Charity. She giggled as Jax gave her more kisses before she went back to Rachel's side and smiled.  She scratched at her shoulders and below painfully for a moment before speaking.  "Jax is so much fun thank you for letting us play."   She then looked up at Rachel.

"Miss Amy, Thank you for bringing me here today."  She said sweetly and hugged her foster mother so to say.  At least that was how Charity felt about Rachel lately, like she was her new mother even though she knew that it wasn't exactly the truth.  Charity had gotten very lucky to have Rachel find her that night and take her in.  She began to scratch her back where he wings were and frowned.  "I think my hidden area is growing more.  It's really itchy Amy."  Charity said suddenly and took her back pack off and looked up not knowing what to do.  She needed to desperately stretch her wings but wasn't sure if she could.  The look was the sign she needed to give to let Rachel know.

more_horiz
Rachel was now ready to leave the park and go home for dinner. Stephan was probably made their dinner already and it was getting cold.

"Come on you two," said Rachel as she extended her hand for Charity. "Let's go eat." As she started walking Charity began talking about her wings itching. "We'll be home soon, just wait a bit. Ok, sweetie?" It was hard for Rachel to associate with family and kids bit she was doing her best.

Turning to look at Jake, she totally understood what he must have been feeling. It was hard to survive with everyone hating you, let alone try and hide the fact that you were a mutant. "It's going to get better. It always does." She said to Jake.

more_horiz
Jake had been walking away with jax and lighting his cigarette when she spoke to him. He half turned and gave her one of his half smiles and winked at her. "Only way to go is up sweetheart."

He turned back to where he was going with jax trailing after him. Both were heading back to his car. He was a tricky one. He had sneakily left his number for her in her coat pocket while they were standing there talking. Like a reverse pickpocket.

more_horiz
Charity nodded to Rachel and scratched once more, taking her statues back and followed.  She looked at Jake and Jax waving good bye and sighed.  She never really understood everything but she was only a little girl, so she just sighed and followed, ignoring the conversation Rachel was having with Jake.

"Okay.  I'll try."  She said to Rachel and scratched again, new feathers growing in.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum