X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteChris' Apartment

more_horiz
Chris' Apartment 650-
AVALON RIVER NORTH
4-75 48th Avenue, Long Island City, NY
Apartment: 32

Occupants: Christopher Knowles, Skye Perkins (on the couch)

Kitchen

Living/Dining

Bathroom

Bedroom

descriptionCompleteWelcome to My Home (Skye)

more_horiz
The cab stopped just outside of the apartment building where Chris' very humble abode was located. He paid the cabbie and then stepped out, motioning to Skye to follow as he moved up to the door, walking inside then up the steps to the third floor. He didn't walk too fast so that Skye could keep up but only stopped once outside of his apartment number 32 where he pulled out his keys and unlocked it. The young man made certain to check the hallway twice to ensure the landlord wasn't neglecting his usual sleep pattern and hiding out to catch Chris with Skye.

Once the door was unlocked, he opened it to reveal his apartment with a kitchen, a door leading off to the bathroom and a large open space containing a small table for eating, couch and television with a separate door leading to his bedroom. Chris lived in a humble but comfortable zone and motioned around the room. "Welcome to my home."

descriptionCompleteRe: Chris' Apartment

more_horiz
Skye followed, keeping her hand by her neck to keep her hoody covering all of her hair as she exited the cab so that she would pass for normal.  She followed Chris silently with her bag of thing behind him, a small smile on her face.  She followed up to his apartment and walked in after him, placing her things down by the couch and looked around.

"Nice place.  It's not that tiny.  Is this the couch I'll be sleeping on?" She asked as she took her hoody off, revealing her bright hair again, followed by the sunglasses. She placed both into her bag and stretched, her eyes darting around to get a good look around.

more_horiz
With her inside the apartment, Chris closed the door for not only privacy from the landlord but common sense. It was New York and increased population meant increase in crime. He wasn't living in the penthouse he had been in when he was with Violet that was pretty much safe from break-ins. He had to be careful either way as he had a feeling the M.R.D. would detain him in a heartbeat if they knew what he could do and harboring one of their fugitives wouldn't help his cause.

"It's tiny compared to Violet's penthouse," he said with a shrug, "but not bad. It's home and that's all I care about." He glanced at the couch noting her bag and nodded. "Yeah. It's actually quite comfortable. I had to sleep on it for a while when I was unpacking and getting settled in."

more_horiz
Skye nodded at his words as he shut the door and slowly traced her fingers along the couch before sitting to get a feel for it.  She looked up at Chris and sighed relaxingly.  "Come sit with me?"  She asked, feeling as if they had reached an awkward point of the day now.

Figuring sitting and chatting ould help ease the tension she waited for him to join her.  Skye's eyes mellowed down to a dull yellow hue, not bright at all.

more_horiz
When asked to sit with her, Chris looked at her for a moment and mentally calculated several reasons to both sit next to her and not to sit next to her. The electrical exchange being something he wanted to avoid above anything else, he came into the living/dining area and took a seat on the armchair next to the couch.

"It's been a while since I've had a female house guest," he explained pointing to the bathroom, "so I'll have to be sure not to barge into the bathroom. The only reason I bring it up is, while the apartment is nice, the lock is funny and sometimes it locks and other times it doesn't." He shrugged at the potentially awkward situation it could cause, glad to get the information she needed to know for her privacy out of the way. "You can also hang a towel on the doorknob so I'll know. I'll do the same either way."

more_horiz
Skye watched him and frowned slightly when Chris sat in the arm chair rather than next to her.  She listened to him talk about the bathroom locks and laughed slightly, only imagining him walking in on her showering, something she couldn't really do without causing a mess of problems.  She cleaned herself with a wet towel and soap, but she wasn't about to tell him that.  

"I doubt there will be a big issue with the rest room.  And if there is, well then my fault, but I doubt you'll be walking in on me showering."  She stuck her tongue out and smiled before focusing on the T.V in front of her that was off and sighed.

"So... um.... blankets?  Pillow?"

more_horiz
The young man couldn't help but wonder how she cleaned herself if she wasn't able to shower; it didn't take a genius to know there was no way that she would mix with water. He could shower, but if he used his ability when wet then he was the one that suffered a shock rather than whatever he intended. Still, those were her private actions and it wasn't any of his business. "Good deal. I don't think it will be a problem, really. I'll just knock as a general rule to be safe."

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, I've got some put away in the closet." Chris stood up and moved over to the closet just outside of the bathroom that held his washer and dryer. Next to it was a cabinet that contained blankets, towels and sheets. The young man draped a blanket over his arm then walked into his bedroom, taking one of the spare pillows from the bed then moved back into the living room and offered them to Skye and motioned to the closet. "If you get cold and need more, feel free to help yourself."

more_horiz
Skye stood up and grabbed some of the blankets from him to help and set the couch up for herself and thanked him.  She looked around again and let out a soft sigh and then looked back to Chris, taking the pillows and setting them up.

"I guess.. I guess I'm all set then... Really, thank you Again Chris.   This really means a lot to me. "  Skye smiled and then looked down, unsure of what to really say or do now.

more_horiz
"It's no trouble," he stated obviously lying having mentioned the landlord in the park though it was an entirely different sort of trouble than that which he was referring. He had room on the couch and saw no problem helping one of his own in need. Considering the alternative for her would be on the street ending up dead, or in M.R.D. custody which could very be a fate worse that death, only gave him more confidence in his decision to help.

He sighed and looked back to his room, "Well... it's late, so I'm gonna go and try to get some sleep. I can't go in to work a zombie. If you need anything, just let me know."

more_horiz
Skye nodded at Chris, slipping under the sheets and smiled.

"Good night Chris.  See yo uin the morning." She said and closed her eyes a few minutes after he left.

--FADE TO MORNING--

Skye awoke early the next morning and saw she was up before Chris.  She used the bathroom quickly and went into the kitchen ad began to make some coffee carefully.  The water was hardest part but she got it going.  She loved that smell and waited for Chris to wake up as she poured two glasses of coffee out and began to make some breakfast from the items he had in his refrigerator.  She bean to cook scrambled eggs.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum