X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

sigh of relief (nc17 at worst)

descriptionCompleteRe: sigh of relief (nc17 at worst)

more_horiz
Sophia felt like she should of run as soon as Loika spoke to her, terrified she was about to attack her, that was until Peter spoke and she breathed a breath of relief and handed him the cake she brought.  She looked at Jason and then Logan and nodded at Jason, walking inside and forced a soft smile, pheromones of calming rippling off her as an attempt to calm everyone down.  The pink ring around her eyes were bright and very noticeable.

"I'm Sophia, Peter's sister.. and um I guess If you want to know my story I'll tell you... it's not a good one. I really messed life up for Peter and Loika and their daughter and honestly I never did deserve his forgiveness but I was developing powers and I didn't know what to do with everything happening I regret everything."   Sophia said and sighed, looking at Jason, a small tear trickled down her face. "Maybe this would be better discussed away from everyone else?"

more_horiz
Ooc: miss sophia you might want to reread. Peter and loika are upstairs arguin. He is not there to accept the cake. 

Ic:
Sara appeared in the doorway with mackie on her hip. Sara wondered how the girl ever learned to wqlk the way she was passed around. She loved her all the same. She loved all of the kids. She smiled at the group. "Sophia is it? I apologize i dont think we have been properly introduced. Im jason's wife. Today is actually a bit of a celebration for family and friends. You are welcome to stay and eat with us. You can make an appointment with jason with me later. No work today for anyone."

Sara was very motherly with everyone almost to a fault. It was a pro and a con. She went into mother mode and hefted mackie to her oyher hip."alright everyone food is getting cold. Come along sophia you can sit with me and mackenzie. We have plenty of food. Everyone wash up and head out to the table on the back patio. Its all ready." She stepped back and motioned people towards the kitchen. She was cute and pretty like a doll but when she got like this she was imposible to refuse.

more_horiz
(it was at beginning before he left, when he greeted Sara, I type in order, then he left, so I talked to Jason)

Sophia turned to Sara when she spoke to her, feeling a bit more relaxed with the soothing tones, no longer needing her own pheromones to calm herself.  She nodded and followed to wash up, staying silent.  She had caused enough issues and didn't want to speak unless asked about something.  Sophia was still adjusting to this new life with powers and being back in Peter's life.  She ruined it when things were just starting to change in her, and the she really destroyed things.  For Peter to invite her today was big for her and she felt grateful.

"It's really nice to meet you Sara."  She said and smiled, the pink in her eyes fading.

more_horiz
Sara led the way through the house and chatted as they went along. She carried mackie on her hip like she was her own baby and scolded the young one when she misbehaved. She pointed out people to sophia and explained who they were in case she didnt know.

After washing up she showed sophi  out to the back patio that was made of stone and had a huge yard that went down into the forest. The table was set with pasta, salad, chicken,steak, and garlic bread. She patted the seat next to herself for sophia and set mack in the seat on th  other sid  of her. "Come along sophia and help yourself. Its family style."

more_horiz
Mackie liked being held by her family. More than she used to. She shuddered when she thought about back when dark mack was in control. She laid her head on sara while she carried her around. Even though jason said it was bad she was listening to everyone's minds. She watched sophia carefully. Mommy was pretty sure sophia didnt like them. Just daddy.

When sara sat her down she started putting her food on her plate. Daddy cooked her up a steak like a big girl. She used her fingers and picked up her food while she watched the woods intently like she was looking for something.

more_horiz
Logan cut up mack's steak for her. He then went inside and came back out with a beer. He could sense the tension but sara's presence demanded good behavior. For a Pettit woman she could be intimidating. He remembered the girl from the school. What was it about her that was making everyone anxious?

He sat down with his beer and nodded to sophia as he helped himself to food. "There's beer and wine in the house if you like." He frowned at mackenzie. "Mackenzie you are not a little monkey. Use your silverware. What are you looking at out there?"

more_horiz
Sophia was nervous, that was clear as she followed, she kept quiet most of the time, and nodded with answers.  She didn't want to get in anyone's way and when they reached the back porch she sat down and looked over the food, hesitant to take any.  It was when Logan offered wine that Sophia perked up.

"I think wine would be lovely.  Do I um.. help myself or do you get it... I don't want to intrude..."  She said and sighed, the pheromones of calming scent came off her again, mostly for herself to help calm down.  She was nervous that at any minute Loika was going to come down and boot her out without warning.  That Peter was not going to forgive her and this would be the last time she'd see him.  She needed alcohol and bad.  Slowly, she put some food on her plate and stood up, heading toward the house but then paused.  "Where is the wine?"  She asked, again, not wanting to wind up wandering.  In the back of her mind she saw herself drinking the entire bottle to calm her own nerves.

more_horiz
Mackenzie jumped and dropped her food when logan spoke directly to her. She picked up her fork and awkwardly used it to eat. She shrugged and put a piece of food in her mouth. She had slowly gotten better at talking out loud instead of inside her head. She chose to talk out loud this time. "Im not a wolf girl like mommy and my brothers awooooooo! Im looking for my brother  but they are hiding because of all of the people." 

She heard what sophia was thinking and slightly frowned. Her mommy wasnt dangerous and drinking alot was bad. She had seen mommy drink alot when grampa and daddy both died. She reached out and touched sara's arm.

more_horiz
Sara winked at sophia like they were buds when mackenzie spoke. " loika adopted a couple of mutants with some wolf powers. They dont come up to the house much but miss mackie here likes to go play in the woods with them. Mack eat up and maybe you can go play later if mommy says its ok."

She nodded when mackenzie touched her arm." I need to freshen up my glass anyways. How about you eat and visit and ill get us some." She picked up her almost empty glass and went inside.

more_horiz
Peter kissed Loika again. "Come on, get dressed, and let's go see the guests. We can't have them waiting on us. We'll talk about this later." said Peter. He wanted to please both girls but with the current situations, it was going to be next to impossible. Then, there was Mackie whom Peter didn't want to witness any of the fighting and quarreling between them two. Peter didn't want to lose Sophia out of his life again, he needed to solve the issue without losing either one of them.

more_horiz
Loika hesitated like she was going to bolt. She couldnt help but think of when she first came to the school. She had trie  to skip a class and peter had followed her. He tried to make her stay and she ended up jumping through a window to get out.

She put her flannel back on, took her time buttoning it and rolling up the sleeves, then buttoned her pants and checked her hair in the mirror. "There happy? Ill behave as long as you dont talk to me like that in front of them again.i dont have to like her though. Shes caused harm to my baby."

more_horiz
"I am sorry," said Peter as he kissed Loika one more time an begun to walk toward the door. "I promise I won't embarrass you again. You don't have to like Sophia but you have to tolerate her." 

With those last words, Peter teleported down to the kitchen where everyone was already outside eating. He grabbed a plate and joined everyone outside. "Before you ask, everything is fine and Loika will be down in a minute."

more_horiz
Sophia nodded to everyone especially when offered the drink by Sara and relaxed a bit, the pheromones coming off her lessened as well.  She saw Peter come downt he stairs and smiled, happy that he talked to his wife and got her to come down.  She really wasn't sure how to make things up to Loika, and she doubted she ever would.  Sophia kept thinking about using her Pheromones to get Loika to be more forgiving toward her but shook that thought away knowing that it would be a stupid one.

"Sara, I could use more then one glass of wine if you could bring the bottle out?"  She asked sheepishly and took a bit of some salad sh put on her plate.  She sighed in relief, happy to be eating really good food for once.

more_horiz
Sara set the glass down for sophia and sat down with her own. She smiled sweetly and discreetly leaned in to talk in hushed tones with the girl." Mackenzie showed me you wanted to get drunk. This is not the best time or place to be doing so if you still want to make a good impression. Im trying yo help here. Lets stick with this glass for now."

more_horiz
Jason watched Sara take the reigns of the party. When she needed, Sara could be a strict person who was not intimidated of anything and would get things done, and Jason loved that feature of hers. She was motherly, yet strict when need arose.

Looking at everyone at the table, Jason picked up his fork and began to cut the steak. It looked good and Peter did a good job with grilling it. "So, Sophia, are you interested in coming to Xavier Institute?"

more_horiz
Loika came down from the bedroom silently. For the first time peter was able to talk her out of bolting. She was still peeved at him though. She took a seat across from him and next to logan. She kept her arms folded across her chest but at least she wasnt running her mouth. She didnt bother making herself a plate. She couldnt eat any of it. The meat maybe but she really couldnt stand cooked meat.  It made her nauseous. Instead she sat and listened to people talk.

more_horiz
Before Loika came down, Sophia smiled at Sara and began to drink her glass and nodded, blushing slightly.  She sighed and took a bite of her food, turning to Jason.  He addressed her and she cleared her throat and took a few seconds to think before answering.

"Well, everything is new to me, my powers and everything, and Peter had recommended it a few months ago and well I think I might come.  I need the help controlling my powers, especially now, I'm not sure if you noticed that smell but its a pheromone of soothing calm tones that I'm producing because I'm nervous.  It's really hard to control it."  She soon finished her glass off just as Loika came down and sat down.  Her sister in law seemed angry still and Sophia put her head down and turned red, not sure how to go forward from here.  She swallowed and took a deep breath.

more_horiz
Logan sipped his beer and put an arm across the back of loika's chair. He brought his hand up and ruffled the wolf girl's hair. He set his beer down to take a few bites as he listened to the new girl talk. He knew about some of the things she had done to the family but he was curious to hear her side of it.

He was trying to soothe loika and make sure she stayed under control. He had to chuckle at sophia." Those of us with a good sense of smell can actually smell those pheromones. Personally not a fan but i guess it is an interesting trick. I knew a girl once with similar powers..."

more_horiz
Mackenzie ate alot of food. Or at least as much as she could while all the grown ups talked. She was happy when mommy came down. She grabbed a cookie from a plate on the table and wiggled out of her chair. She crawled under the table and up onto mommy's lap. She sat facing everyone on her lap and nibbled her cookie.

more_horiz
Peter didn't say anything for a while, trying to eat his food. For some reason it didn't taste as good as he thought it did before, and so he pushed the plate away. Looking up at everyone, he took a drink of his soda. Yes, he knew soda was going to kill the man but at the moment it tasted sweet and carbonated. What else was he to drink? Beer? Not Peter, he didn't like it much but would drink on few occasions.

Sophia talked and Peter knew that all of the attention and tension was aimed toward her, Peter was not going to shelter her forever, someday he wouldn't be there and Loika will find her. Hopefully, if that ever happened Loika would take it easy on her, and wouldn't leave many bruises and scars on her.

more_horiz
Mackenzie frowned and stopped mid bite of her cookie. She had been listening to mommy's heart and listening to everyone's thoughts. She picked up on daddy's thoughts and she didnt like what she heard. Her eyes flickered red for a second before she threw herself into a princess sized trantrum.

"NO DADDY I DONT WANT YOU TO DIE I WANT YOU TO STAY WITH ME AND MOMMY FOREVER!" She thrashed and threw a tantrum on mommy's lap by swinging her arms legs, and head.

more_horiz
Jason looked at Mackenzie thrashing around the place and grabbed his cup fast enough so she didn't knock it down. Then, he invaded her little mind, wondering why she was screaming. He grasped it quickly. Mackie, he is not going to die, it was a figurative speech. Something that means one thing, but also means another. Calm down, Peter is going to be just fine.

"Well, everything is new to me, my powers and everything, and Peter had recommended it a few months ago and well I think I might come.  I need the help controlling my powers, especially now, I'm not sure if you noticed that smell but its a pheromone of soothing calm tones that I'm producing because I'm nervous.  It's really hard to control it."  

He turned his attention to Sophia talking. "Xavier is a wonderful place for those who want to conquer the fear of living amongst humans. There will be plenty of help with your powers." said Jason as he squeezed Sara's hand.

more_horiz
Mackenzie thrashed a little more and squealed in a high pitched way before turning around on mommy's lap and buried her face into her chest. She was still whimpering and crying but mommy was muffling most of the noise. She spoke into Jason's mind. " I dont want daddy to die again. He shouldnt joke like that. Dont let him die." She continued to cry softly but she was wearing herself out.

more_horiz
Loika held her little one and looked around the table apologetically. Mackenzie was a very brilliant little one but she was still a child. She still had bad days. She held her and soothingly ran her fingers through her hair and kissed the top of her head. " Sorry everyone.... shes just a little tired. "

more_horiz
Sara gave loika a stern motherly look when she returned to the table. She would be talking to her wolf girl later about her behavior. For now she sipped at her wine and listened to the dinner conversation. She glanced occasionally at sophia to make sure she was okay. 

She daydreamed until she was startled by mackie's fit. She had rarely seen tantrums out of the little one. She had become more childlike since jason sealed her dark side. She wanted to step in badly but knew it was loika's job. She couldnt always step in. Then like that it was over. She longed to hold her own child like loika was able to but doctors told her long ago she couldnt concieve. She was a little jealous of loika but never harbored ill will against her.

She felt relief when jason squeezed her hand. No mater what if she had him she had everything. She loved him so much. She smiled subtly but flirtaciously at him.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum