X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteDesperate Times... (R at worst)

more_horiz
Despite the speed he'd been going on the way there, the drive to the Institute felt like an eternity and Chris found himself worrying more and more for Skye's life. During the drive, he questioned her sanity in desiring to end her own life on a whim like she had; Chris had never seen anything like that before in his life and it made him wonder what life in a relationship with her would have been like. He didn't regret what he'd said, though, based on the fact that it was the truth and how he felt about everything but Skye was a friend and fellow mutant. The young man wasn't going to allow her to die simply because he didn't desire a romantic relationship with her.

The truck halted just outside the front gate and Chris moved around the front and picked Skye back up, applying pressure to the cut and hoping he wasn't too late before running to the gate and banging on it then looking at what appeared to be a camera.

"Can someone help me," he questioned hoisting Skye a bit higher to prevent dropping her. "She's bleeding out and this is the only place I thought safe for... one of us... please, open up. I don't know how much longer she has."

descriptionCompleteRe: Desperate Times... (R at worst)

more_horiz
Skye was still somewhat conscious when they arrived, cloth was pressed tightly to her wrists and tied by Chris and she was beginning to become very pale.  "Just let me die... I have no reason... to be here Chris..."  She said weakly and closed her eyes, her energy fading.  She had given up all reason to be alive since no one could touch her but Chris and he wanted nothing to do with her she felt as if she had no reason to live any more.

more_horiz
Jason was reading behind his desk, as usual. He had a pretty quiet day and nothing bothered him. Then, he heard voices outside of his window, which overlooked the gate of the institute. The scene didn't look good. He rushed down to the front as the gate was opening.

"What happened?" asked Jason curiously. It wasn't his business but he knew that if they needed his help, it must have been because of their mutant status. "Come this way, please." He led them inside the medical bay.

more_horiz
Chris looked down at Skye when she spoke and merely shook his head, inwardly cursing her for putting him in such a situation but his feelings of frustration became hope when a man came to the front gate and opened it up. When he asked what happened, Chris sighed and looked down at Skye feeling it best to just tell the truth for her mental benefit later on.

"Attempted suicide," he answered the man. He didn't have to tell him, but he figured that if anyone could be trusted it was someone at the Institute. He followed as indicated and spoke very little, only mentioning brief tidbits on what he'd done to attempt to stop the bleeding then went on to explain her mutation as best he could.

"She's an electrical mutant. She discharges electricity regularly and anything or anyone she touches is in danger of a shock. I can touch her because I share that ability, though it's less obvious on me," he explained as they entered the medical bay, "but if anyone can help her, it's you guys. Mount Sinai would only report her to the MRD and she'd be carried off."

more_horiz
Skye listened as she drifted in and out of consciousness and looked at Jason and then to Chris.  Her eyes were so dim they almost looked human for once.  She was so limp in his arms and barely resisted.  "Just...let...me...die."  She whispered and shut her eyes,

more_horiz
Jason looked at the boy with concern. Everyone seemed to be wanting to come to Xavier for some sort of help. However, Jason had nothing against that. He was doing just another's day work. He would help anyone who needed his help. After he lost Peter and Mackenzie. He would not let another person suffer like that again. He hurried toward the school door and fling it open. 

"Take her down to the medical bay. I will get ready."  Jason pointed how to get to the bay and then rushed to the sink and franticly began to wash his hands. He air dried them fast and then put on his gloves as he was walking toward the medical shelf, where he picked up a syringe and a vial of clear fluid. He needed to contain her mood, Jason's idea was to put the girl to sleep for now. So wouldn't have to fight her every step of the way. He prepared the sedative and walks over to the table. 
"Since I am can't touch her I want you to give the sedative. Just stab her in a shoulder and squeeze the liquid out. Then, we'll need to stop the bleeding."

more_horiz
Chris frowned down at Skye with furrowed brows in response to her words of wanting to die. "Tempting... but do you really want to take a coward's way out? I thought you were braver than this." He took a deep breath following what he'd said and shook his head realizing how it had to sound and followed them up. "These people can help you. Dying isn't the answer to anything, especially this. So you'll not be able to date me... that doesn't mean you won't be part of my life in some way. This is entirely illogical."

Chris obeyed the man's words and made his way to the med bay and laid Skye on the table there and crossed his arms looking down at her still trying to make sense of it all. When Jason came back in and explained the plan, the young mutant nodded in agreement up until he was asked to give her the sedative to which his eyes widened and his brows raised in surprise. "So you want me to stab her with a needle and not expect an electrical outburst that could fry your med bay? I'll do it, but I'm just curious is all."

more_horiz
Skye barely heard Chris speak, her body was so tired that she closed her eyes to rest just moaning softly.  She only wanted to die because she knew she couldn't touch anyone and the one person she could didn't love her.  She didn't feel any reason to live, how could she when she would never be able to touch those she loved.  These were her thoughts while she was rushed the the medical bay.

more_horiz
"So you want me to stab her with a needle and not expect an electrical outburst that could fry your med bay? I'll do it, but I'm just curious is all."

Jason stopped for a moment. He had to think, had to work out all the kinks in his plan. Otherwise he would not live to see another day or might be fatally injured. He did not want another death in his record book. He wanted to save people. Jason overheard some of the things a boy was saying the girl who was in a state of shock by now.

"This is all because you are going out with someone else?" asked Jason, "Sorry, not really my business. Alright...here's what we can do."

Jason invaded girl's mind, closing his eyes as tight as he could. She was in a state of despair and he coldn't work with that. "Skye, please calm down. I can't help you if you are fighting against us." He filled her mind with calming images and soothing feelings. Jason was breaking his rule of not invading other minds without their permission, but there were always rare exceptions to the case.

more_horiz
Skye was too weak to fight him, letting him invade her mind.  Inside was her past, the lighting bolt that hit her at 14, the M.R.I keeping her prisoner and locked up for years, the bangles, the fact she couldn't touch anyone but Chris and how it hurt her mentally to know that she had no one else to love that she could touch like him.  She was tired of not being able to touch anyone without hurting them horribly.  Suddenly, as she felt Jason calm her mind, her thoughts began to go back to before her powers, to nicer times, the days of being the popular girl at school.  The boys, the love of a family.  She smiled softly.

The images he gave her made those thoughts rise and flow, she felt happy, calm, although still so weak from her wrists bleeding out.  She was so pale now though, her skin matching the hue of her eyes in a way, white as a ghost almost.  "You are....nice.....man........"  More calming images floated into her mind from him, calming her to the point of pure relaxation.  She just sighed in content, loving the images.  Her eyes flicking-er around.  Blood still dripped down from above the bangles on her wrists though.

more_horiz
When a girl calmed down, Jason looked at the boy and moved his head. "Now, do it now," said Jason as he held the girls mind at bay. She was calm enough now to where he could have moved and gotten bandages to stop the bleeding. Dabbing a gauge at her wrist, Jason began to wrap her wrists with clear bandages.

"I don't think she'll need any stiches. The cuts aren't that deep."

more_horiz
When asked what had brought everything on, the young man looked over at Jason and furrowed his brows slightly. While he'd have liked to tell the man to mind his own business, he didn't really see any harm in confirming what he'd already overheard. "Yeah. She has rejection issues of the worst kind but... yeah - not really anyone's business. No offense."

Chris then stood silently while the man seemed to calm Skye somehow. He'd met a few mutants and had no way of knowing if he could cast illusions, numb pain, a telepath, or something that he had no name for. All mutation was different and even with he and Skye, the mutation itself was similar but how it manifested was almost night and day between them. Seeing the young woman calm down, Chris glanced over at Jason and did as instructed, recalling his military training and gave her the shot.

The former airman then stepped back and let the man work, happy to hear that she wasn't going to need stitches but then nodding with a sigh. "She'll live and not need stitches, but she's in need of psychological help. Those bangles on her aren't just cosmetic. They're MRD property and if anyone can help her, it's you. So thanks, maybe I'll see you around..."

more_horiz
"Yeah. She has rejection issues of the worst kind but... yeah - not really anyone's business. No offense."
Jason didn't say anything back to the kid who came across a bit rude, but in Jason's walk of life he has met plenty of people like that. He knew that not everyone was going to be nice--although, nothing stopped from at least trying.

"She'll live and not need stitches, but she's in need of psychological help. Those bangles on her aren't just cosmetic. They're MRD property and if anyone can help her, it's you. So thanks, maybe I'll see you around..."

"If there is only one thing I have learned in this life," said Jason as he kept wrapping the wrists with bandages, "is that not everyone is alike. We are all born with the same chances as the other people, but not all find our way to the exit in a dark. Don't be so hasty to judge people on what you see." Jason cut the badges and tighten them. "You want my help?" asked Jason. When the kid was saying his good-byes, it took Jason by surprise. "You're just going to leave her here?"

more_horiz
"That is exactly what I'm going to do," he replied to the question of him leaving Skye behind. With her cuts taken care of and her not in risk of death, he figured she'd need to regain her strength and the Institute would be safer for her than on the street since he had no intention of having her back at his place. He still saw her as a bit of a nut that was too unpredictable for that and it would make things far too awkward if she did return. "She can heal and then make her own choice what she wants to do, but I did what I had to do. I couldn't just toss her out on a curb somewhere."

He glanced over at Skye then shrugged and looked back at the man. "But you're right about one thing: not everyone is alike. But judging people based on observations is why I'm still alive. It's a lot of why I'm leaving her here. I can see that she's in good hands and that I won't fit in."

more_horiz
Skye barely was hearing anything going on, she just relaxed and breathed easy, her ind almost sleeping from the relaxation Jason had given her.  Completely unaware that Chris was about to leave her in a foreign place.  If she wasn't calm she would of been sending electricity everywhere.

more_horiz
"She can heal and then make her own choice what she wants to do, but I did what I had to do. I couldn't just toss her out on a curb somewhere."

Jason gasped and scoffed at the kid. "That is exactly what you are doing! What do you think is going to happen when she wakes up? You think she'll jut forget you brought her here? I might be able to read minds, but I don't the ability to erased minds, so pardon me when I say you are just like every other parent who abandoned their kid all because they are different." said Jason, feeling his anger rising up, but before he could explode fully he caught himself and shook his head. "Fine, go, I'll take care of her. She wouldn't survive with you anyway."

Jason began to clean up his station where he was working. Throwing bloody badgages and gauges away, he pulled his gloves off his hands and walked to the sink. The girl would be waking up soon and he would have to tell her what her friend did. Of course he would not throw her to the curb. This world was just crumbling on it's own and suffocation everyday.

more_horiz
Chris listened to the man's words and, while he felt insulted that Jason believed him to be abandoning Skye, the young man saw it as quite the opposite. The Institute could give her the security and schooling she needed to understand and control her ability so she was a less obvious target for the MRD. All in all, Chris believed he was actually saving her life. "Great men and women are forged in fire. Believe me, her memory of me leaving isn't the worst she has. Take a look at her jewelry when you get the chance and you'll understand." He nodded to the bangles on her wrists before turning to the door, stopping and looking back at the man.

"So while you're judging me as some kind of monster for leaving her in a place of safety, ask yourself if she'd be better with the MRD because if she stays with me that is what will happen. Or, as you say, she would die. At least here she has a chance to learn and develop her powers, but maybe neither of us are fit to look after her?" He arched a brow and shrugged then told the man to take care then left the med bay and was soon back at the gate which he'd entered.

He had to change his clothes and then focus on his father. Events had taken place that he couldn't ignore and his father was to blame for them and a major threat to not only himself but other mutants; like it or not, he was going to have to deal with the man and while a lot of what Jason had said was judgmental and wrong, the part of her survival was correct. Skye would die if she traveled with him and the likelihood of himself being captured and or killed was equally high. His thoughts were all over the place as he got back into the truck and left the manor going back into the city. He had a lot of work to do before his job was finished and he could breathe easy.

more_horiz
Skye moaned slightly, her eyes fluttering open a bit, but she was still hazy on what was happening or going on.  Her wrists hurt badly, but her emotions were coming back as she groaned.  Slowly, her eyes opened fully, her senses coming to as she looked around.  She had no idea where she was and instantly the first thing that came to her was that she was back at MRD.  She gasped and was about o scream until she saw Chris.  Instantly her eyes watered and sh looked down.

"Where am I?  You brought me to MRD? Why didn't you let me die..."  She asked and looked down, unable to look at him at all. She didn't even know Jason was in he room as well yet. She was still groggy.

more_horiz
Jason turned to look at the girl who just woke up. "He left." he stated simply. "Said, you're better off here then anywhere else. If feel like chasing him down, be my guest. I won't stop you." said Jason as he washed his hands. He wasn't sure if M.R.D was even an appropriate subject to talk to someone who just came back from a brink of death, but Jason didn't tell that to the kid. He didn't want to worry her. Just as he was doing his part to help out mutant community.

more_horiz
"Where am I?" Skye asked, and pushed electrical tears from her eyes after hearing that Chris had left her in a strange place.

"He just left me.... I loved him... I.. I.. can't phsyically touch any person but him... why would he leave me...?"  She began to cry now, electrical tears falling from her eyes and flowed into her bangles by her wrists as if they were drawn to it like a magnet.

"Who are you?"

more_horiz
Jason ignored the girl for a moment. "Xavier Institute for Gifted Youngsters." Jason replied straightforward.

"He just left me.... I loved him... I.. I.. can't phsyically touch any person but him... why would he leave me...?"

"Apparently, you have issues--" said Jason, dropping his towel and walking over to her. "He said you are too clingy and unpredictable, so he wanted to save you the trouble of getting your heart broken personally and just got up and walked away from you, says you are safer here with us. But, don't get your hopes up...I am departing this place as soon as I find a replacement. I need to think of me before all y'all." said Jason "I am Jason Andrews, former headmaster of this place. Does that answer all your questions?"

more_horiz
"Yes.. it does.... but I have another... long ago M.R.D had me captive and put these on my wrists... do you think this place can get them off?"  She asked suddenly, remembering how Chris said that this place could do it if not him.  She pushed the last of her tears away ad sighed.  She felt so weak from the loss of blood but she also felt so awake from what ever had happened,  Her wrists hurt from her suicide attempt and she felt so foolish but she had no reasons in her mind to live.  She kept thinking that she only tried to die because Chris didn't love her and she knew she could not touch anyone else.  How was Jason to understand that? She didn't know how to explain it.    She sighed and leaned her legs over the table, sitting up straighter.  Her legs dangled above the ground as she debated trying to walk even though she felt weak.

"What do I do now also...?"

Last edited by Skye Perkins on Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
OOC: I am not understanding this ("...long ago M.R.D had me captive and out these on my wrists... do you think this place can get them off?") What do you mean by any of that? 

BIC: As far as Jason understood, it was his last day. He no longer cared what others wanted or needed, but he couldn't just leave without saying a proper good bye to everyone, which he was going to do later.

"This place is not a prison, do what you want. We have basketball court, fully-automated training room, stables, pool. So if you need to get your anger out, may I suggest The Danger Room." Jason sighted with exaggeration. "Please don't ask me what it is, it's pretty self explanatory."

Taking his phone out, Jason texted Loika. "Meet me at Starbucks at Time Square. Have very important news to tell you." He closed his phone and threw the gloves in the trash can.
"Well if that would be all, I have things to take care."

more_horiz
(She was captive by MRD long time ago and they put bangles on her wrists that absorb her powers making her weaker than she would be, they hurt her and are attached to the bones of her wrists.  She wants to know if he can remove them.)

"Please... don't go yet... I'm so confused on where everything is... I would need a room... shown around?  I'm so tired and weak. To be honest... I really wish you hadn't saved ,y life.... I can't touch people without electrocuting them. You don't know what that's like."  She sighed and looked down and began to cry again softly.  She felt pathetic, feeling like a lost sheep and felt like she had no one now.  If he left her alone she wouldn't know what to do or where to go.  She didn't really know where she was now as well.  Again she held her wrists up, showing the bangles to Jason as her yellow electrical tears flew into them, absorbed.  "These hurt so much too.  Do you think you could try something?"

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum