X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

healed and bruised (nc17)

descriptionCompletehealed and bruised (nc17)

more_horiz
Arabella had spent another couple of weeks in the hospital before she was ready to be released. She had to work to get her strength back. She still had holes in her memory and she was alot more quiet than usual but she was better. Her stitches were out but she still had some light scars. 

She  sat outside in one of the hospital courtyards on a bench and enjoyed the sunlight despite the cold while alec worked on her dischanrge. She listened to her ipod with her eyes closed.

descriptionCompleteRe: healed and bruised (nc17)

more_horiz
Chris was glad Arabella was awake and improving which was in stark contrast to the condition she was in a few weeks prior when no one knew if she would live or not. Realizing that it wasn't as much his fault as he'd initially believed lifted a weight from the young man's chest. He'd seen enough life suffer and die by his hand and didn't wish to see another be snuffed out because of his lack of security. Though, on a more positive note, the turn of events had prompted him to stop by more often and he'd gotten to where he checked in almost daily to not only see Arabella's progress but to make sure Lakai didn't return to finish the job or undo what she'd done to help.

When he came into the hospital and went to her room, it was empty and upon asking around, he'd uncovered that she was in one of the courtyards getting some fresh air and would be released by the end of the day. It was a sunny day and the wind wasn't as bad as it had been at the early part of the week, so he couldn't blame anyone for taking advantage of it. Chris followed the instructions given to him by one of the more friendly nurses and made his way to the courtyard spotting the blonde sitting on a bench nearby.

"I have to say that you're getting your glow back," he stated plainly with a soft smile as he came to a stop beside her. "I hear your brother is working on getting you out of here."

more_horiz
Ari was took caught up in her music on her ipod to hear chris speaking to her. Her skin was its normal pale but her cheeks were beginning  flush from the cold. Her fingers subtly moved like she was playing whatever she was listening to. She was in her own world again.

more_horiz
Chris caught on to that she couldn't hear him and scoffed a bit not so much at Arabella but himself. He should have known by looking at her closer that she wouldn't have been able to hear what he'd said to her. He clicked his tongue and sighed with a smirk, "Well... this isn't awkward at all. Standing out here - talking to myself... still talking to myself."

He finally walked around to in front of her and crossed his arms looking down at her hoping she'd see him. The young man wasn't sure what her plans were after leaving the hospital but he'd kept his word of staying like he'd told her though felt that it didn't apply to after she was discharged. All in all, he hoped she went somewhere safe but could anywhere truly be called that? Safety was always in question when it came to mutants; they had various enemies both mutant-kind and humankind. "Hey."

more_horiz
She was completely wrapped up in sonata in b minor. The song ended right as chris said hey. Her eyes flew open and she jumped in surprise. She pushed the pause button before the next song could start and stood up quickly. She curtsied and looked up through her eyelashes at him shyly. "Forgive me chris. I didnt hear you. I was kind of caught up in....stuff. i hope i didnt make you stand there long. Is everything ok? Is alec in trouble?"

more_horiz
Chris noticed her surprise and arched a brow then muttered an apology not having intended to startle her. She stood quickly making the male have to take a step back afraid they would collide with one another. It wasn't so much a fear of her falling as it was a fear of a memory of his being shared with her that she didn't need to see. There had been things he'd seen and done in his life, especially after the war, that no one should have to live through.

Smiling at her more than polite way of saying hello, he nodded. He understood that she was an English lady, but he couldn't shake his more American way of nodding with a slight wave of the hand. It gave him pause in wondering what his country would be like if people took to using more English ways of greetings. "Nothing to forgive. I'm just glad you're feeling better. As for Alec, as far as I'm aware, he's just fine. I just came out to talk to you. I've come to enjoy your company over the past few weeks."

more_horiz
"I have come to enjoy your presence as well. Ive only had one friend since ive come here. The others dissapeared. I hope...you will still be around since im being released. And the danger is gone." She blushed bright red and looked away so he wouldnt see the emberassed look in her eyes. She was falling for him a little more each day. Her heart sank to think he wasnt going to be around anymore.

more_horiz
Chris could relate to what she was saying. When he came to New York, he only had Violet, but then she vanished without a trace and he had no one. Then along came Skye, but she turned out to be a bit unstable mentally and he wasn't too sure about being around her at least until she had her emotions more in check.

"I can relate. My only friend I had here disappeared too. So... well, I can't lie to you - I'd love to spend more time with you." The moment the words had escaped his mouth, his own cheeks flushed pink and he cleared his throat, glad she'd looked away so she wouldn't see his own expression. Taking a deep breath he calmed himself then spoke again. "I mean, I want disappear on you. Especially after all that's happened and getting to know you and your brother." He didn't want to state his thoughts on the danger being gone. The way he saw it, danger like that was never truly gone, it just changed faces and attitudes. There was always a villian, big and small, to take the place of one defeated in his experience though he'd rather see her enjoy being safe.

more_horiz
Arabella smiled and took his hand in hers. She was wearing her gloves so there wasnt really a danger of her skin touching his. She didnt look over at him but she was smiling as she began to walk through the snow in the courtyard with him. "My brother is fond of you as well. Its nice that he has a friend too. Im grateful you stayed with us despite all of the bad luck we seem to bring. I wish my pains could have seen you. I-i mean my-" She stop walking. The doctors said it was normal but occasionally she would start to say a word but another one would come out. Like her brain was mixing up words. She ment to say parents and sid pains. Then one of her headaches shot through her head. She held her other hand to the side of her head and try to play it off as her being fine despite her pain in her head.

more_horiz
Chris was both shocked and happy when she took his hand. He hadn't expected it, but it was a pleasant action nonetheless. He listened about her brother and nodded. Alec had done him no wrong and, if anything, had done considerably more for him than any of his other friends had save for just a couple in his entire life. He was a good man and Chris knew that he would do anything for his sister even if it meant his own life would be in danger; among other things, Chris could respect him for that. His military service in England only added to the respect he held for her brother.

When Arabella got her words mixed up and stopped, Chris turned to her with a look of concern but figured it was a result of what had happened to her. He patted her hand softly, "It's alright. I know what you meant and I do too. They sound like they were great people. So long as you remember them, then they'll always be with you, though. Never forget that."

more_horiz
"I do remember them. Im full of memories of them. When i woke up....and touched alec. It all came back. And more. Alec saw both of them the day they were murdered. I saw them through his eyes...."  She tried to start walking again. Her nose was beginning to bleed a little. Not enough for her to notice. She looked up at the hospital. Alec was inside the doors finishing up a conversation with the doctors.

more_horiz
"Good," he replied with a nod, "memories are worth holding on to. I am sorry that you saw that happen, though... there aren't enough words..." He stopped and shook his head with a sigh. He had no way of conveying sympathy for something like that. Even though he and his family were on bad terms, he didn't have to watch them be slaughtered; if that were the case, he wasn't sure what kind of man he'd become. While his father was a threat and needed to go soon, his mother was innocent as was his brother.

Chris could never harm them, nor would he stand for anyone else doing it either. And, despite his plans and history on the matter, he loved all of them which made thinking about it that much more difficult.

more_horiz
"I cant say its okay because its not. I understand what you mean though. Its just the images are stuck in there. I thought about erasing them but i stop when i remember alec has those same images in his head. That he has to live with them. So i keep them for him. And them." She used her free hand to tuck some of her hair behind her ear in a nervous tick sort of way. She realized she had some blood under her nose again and sighed.

She let go of his hand to get.  Handkerchief from her pocket and wiped her nose. "Oh crap i left the teddybear your coworker brought me. Crap what was his name...um...shit. randy....rick...ray! He said his name was ray. He brought by some flowers and a teddy bear. He was very nice. He talked with me for a while when you were at work. Can you thank him for me?"

more_horiz
The young man sighs at mention of the memory and nods in understanding of why she wanted to keep them. He couldn't blame her and her logic was sound. If anything happened to his brother and mother and he had to see the memory through another's eyes he'd do so. His motivations would have been much darker than Ari's were, though; he had a knack for seeking revenge.

Chris' expression turned from one of calm concern for Arabella to rage as his eyes widened at the mention of the man's name and then narrowed. He couldn't help but cause the building's lights to flicker but had to take a deep breath to keep from causing the machines to short-circuit and people to die. "This... Ray... what did he talk to you about? And how long ago was he here?"

more_horiz
She noticed the lights flicker as they stepped inside and shrugged it off as a power issue. The doctor and alec were nearby and they both also looked around in confussion at the power issue. They returned to thier conversation though they werent close enough to hear what was being said. She knelt down to an overnight bag she had sat inside when she went outside to get some air. 

"The fear-i mean bear is in here somewhere i think. I cant remember-aha here it is! Isnt he adorable? Your friend has good taste. He was here a couple of times after i woke up. We talked about my family, about you, about coming to xaviers from england. Nothing important."  She stood up with the bear still in her hands. It was a small brown teddybear with a pink ribbon around the neck.

more_horiz
Chris anxiously followed, not liking the idea that his father had been there to speak to Arabella. The man was too self-centered for it to have been a mere social call on the girl his son was interested in, though finding out any information about either of them was especially dangerous. It could only have meant that she was in more danger after talking to him than she could have ever been at the hands of Lakai.

He remained silent as the blonde dug through her bag then looked at the bear, with narrowed eyes. She didn't see anything she said to him as important, but it was more important than she could imagine. "Anything else? Where you're staying for instance? Believe me, something you may have seen as unimportant may be essential information." He looked at the bear for a moment, regarding it with partial disdain. His father had never been one to give out gifts, especially to strangers. Even his own sons were lucky to get a 'that a boy' when they were growing up. Something was definitely amiss and Chris had to figure it all out but didn't want to alarm Arabella or Alec to the danger until he had something concrete to go on.

In the unlikelihood that the man genuinely was just trying to reconnect with his son, which was highly unlikely, then he'd only make a fool of himself but he wanted to keep his bases covered. His father had been after him since he left their home, which is why he'd kept moving from place to place. If the Colonel knew where he was, then MRD was likely not far behind. "I need to know every detail you told him. Now. Did you mention your release today?"

more_horiz
Ara raised her brow at him like she thoght he was being weird or silly. And shrugged as she handed the bear over to him and zipped up her bag as she talked. "Yea i told him about aramis' mansion. He asked for the address so he and your friedds at work could send flowers. He thought it was crappy that its just me and jake now. He asked me if i knew where you lived. Weird huh? He works with you shouldnt he know?" 

She stood up and put the overnight bag strap on her shoulder. "Why are you freaking out? Your friend from work seemed really nice. Though i think i freaked him out when i told him about my powers. He wouldnt even shake my hand without gloves on. I dont suck souls out with a straw or anything." She continued to babble like a girl and told him the little details  she told ray about herself like her illness and such.

more_horiz
Arabella had given him far too much information about herself, including an address. Chances were that MRD were already there waiting on her or would be there soon to take both of the last members of Evolution with them. On the bright side he didn't know where his own son lived and it gave him the advantage so long as people weren't waiting outside of the hospital to tail them wherever they may go.

"Listen to me. That man is not my friend," he explained when asked about why he was acting strange. "And he's not yours either - he's a military Colonel and MRD leader. The niceness is only an act. Now they know where you're staying, who yo are with and strengths as well as your weaknesses." He sighed and looked over at Alec then shook his head.

"We can't go back to Aramis' house - that'd be stupid. We're going to have to go somewhere else," as he spoke he looked down at the bear in his hands and started examining it for cameras or anything out of the ordinary. It appeared to be just a normal stuffed animal, but Chris knew his father too well to take anything at face value.

more_horiz
Arabella's eyes widened then she looked upset. She started to tear up a little. "Ch-chris im sorry, im so so sorry he seemed so sincere i didnt mean to i didnt know! Please dont be mad at me. I should have been more carefu im so s-stupid!"  She had put them both in danger. Again. If she kept this up he was going to get tired of it sooner or later. Then he wouldnt like her ever.

She gasped loudly and put her hand over her mouth. "Oh-oh no. I did something bad. I told him about sean. Sean was hiding me for a while. I told him about sean's appartment. Sean is an officer for the mrd. They are gunna k-k-"  she put her face in her hands before she could finish her sentence. Her stupidity was going to get sean and everyone she cared about killed. She was a jinx. People around her kept getting killed.

more_horiz
Chris heard her words, but was too focused on looking up and down the hallway to make sure no one stuck out to him or had a device on them for tracking, capturing and/or killing a mutant. While anything non-electrical would be impossible for him to be aware of if hidden beneath clothes, his combat training had taught him how to spot a concealed weapon. Everyone he saw was doctors and nurses and none of them stuck out more than they should have.

Despite his worry, he didn't hate Arabella for it. She had no way of knowing that the man she was speaking to meant to do her and Chris harm. He turned back to her and shook his head. "No, you're not stupid, Arabella. You didn't know about this... actually, I'm shocked he decided to come in person on this one, he must be desperate." He gently rested a hand on her shoulder, making sure to keep his hand on her clothing, in an effort to reassure her. The man's target was Chris - it always had been, and he'd use Arabella to get to him after seeing what she meant to him. So long as they stuck together, the MRD would be hard put to find them.

"Hey... we'll call Sean and see what's going on with him. Then I'm going after this guy and putting a stop to this for both of our sakes. For now, though, we need to go ahead and leave this hospital when we can-" He stopped, and his eyes focused on the bear. He'd picked up on a slight electronic signature inside of it that shouldn't have been there. His eyes narrowed and he leaned closer to it, feeling it stronger inside then scoffed. "Figures... electronic signature inside of it. The bear's most likely got a tracking bug in it. Just like him to want to track you to me."

more_horiz
"I havent heard from sean or seen him since i hid at his place. Fuck. Its like i told you before. Im destined to die young."  She mumbled. She barely reacted to his touch when he touched her arm. She stared down at her feet in guilt. 

She bit her lip when he found a bug in the bear. "Im just outting both of you in danger. Maybe i should just...takeoff."

more_horiz
Hearing that she'd not heard from or seen her friend since she'd hidden at his apartment worried Chris. He had only met the man briefly, but he'd seemed like he was a good friend and wanted to keep her safe from Lakai and anyone else meaning her harm. His silence could mean anything, but he didn't like how it was looking. The only words that came to mind was 'only the good die young' but it didn't seem a fitting thing to say so instead he went with something less cold-hearted. "You told me that would come from your mutation, not by a maniac chasing you - besides, he's after me anyway. He's been after me for years."

He shook his head at her suggestion of just taking off. That was a bad idea for several reasons, the most obvious being that she didn't really have anywhere else to go without them knowing and they were stronger together than apart. There was a strength in numbers and his father would know that too. If he had to risk his life for Arabella, then he would gladly do so both to give his life new meaning but protect a young woman that he had fallen so hard for, he still felt like the bottom was miles away. "No, we've got the advantage together. We can think of a plan. For now, we deal with this bug; I think we should put it on one of the stray dogs in the alleyway and let it lead them around the city while we get to a safe place and I go after this guy. I'll need time, so... let's hope we can get some, but no one's just taking off. I just got you back, I can't lose you now - I mean... we just got you back..."

more_horiz
Ari grabbed the front of his shirt and buried her face in it to hide it from him seeing her upset. She let go when regained composure but kept him close. "Im so freaking tired of people trying to kill me. Ive done nothing to any of these people and i have three people trying to kill me in the last 8 months. Im sick of it. When will it end." She looked up at him, ignoring the look they were getting from her brother.

She nodded slowly in agreem. ent. " We can try the dog thing. but we have no where to go."

more_horiz
Alec finished talking to the doctor and quickly made his way over to Arabella and Chris. He had seen Ari's face while talking to the doctor and something was definitely wrong. He came to the conversation about the time Chris found the bug.

He clenched his jaw. " What is going on Chris? What do you mean theres a bug in the bear? Whos trying to track you guys?" He was tense but still took the time to give his Sister a reassuring hug.

more_horiz
Chris instinctively wrapped his arms around her reassuringly when she buried her face in his shirt. He hated seeing women upset and it made him feel powerless to do anything despite the fact he was quite capable of doing several things if he put his mind to doing so. When she let go, he kept his hands gently wrapped around her then released her as well and nodded at her words. "Believe me, I know the feeling. People have been trying to kill me for years... then again, I usually do something to warrant it, but sometimes it's no reason at all. As for when it will end.... I can't tell you because I honestly don't know, but I won't let anything happen to you."

He liked the idea of putting the tracking device somewhere else. He could just override it, but that indicate to his father that something was wrong and they'd send MRD in to take all of them to lockup. They had to play it smart. "We'll think of something."

About that time, Alec made his way over and he sighed and looked the man in the eyes not wanting to lie about who was after them, but not ready to tell them it was his father. He didn't want to give them any reason to not trust him and would break the news to them after he had removed his father from the equation, but they had to get to safety first. "An MRD guy - Colonel in the military. Technically he's after me, but he knows about Arabella and will use her to get to me... he's smart among other things. He came by here and gave Arabella the bear. I can feel the bug in its chest but if we destroy it then they'll just come here so it's best to lure them elsewhere but putting the bug on an animal or possibly a taxi. It'll give us time to get to safety. Got any ideas?"

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum