X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteThe Light Show (R)

more_horiz
A scream of pain echoed through the dark alley of the downtown area accompanied by a flash of blue and white light and the sounds and smells of electrical discharge. It was a remote area of the downtown where few but homeless and drug dealers tended to venture. The man that Christopher Knowles had been zapping relentlessly for five minutes, however, wasn't just a run of the mill street pusher but a spy for his father - a man that was a major backer of the MRD and behind a lot of kidnappings of mutants. Chris also had reason to believe he was gathering information on Arabella and Alec. The young man had tracked Duket down through rumors and a paper trail. The man definitely wasn't very good at covering his tracks and proved a good lead.

"I'm beginning to wonder: which will stop first? Your heart or your brain," the mutant questioned aloud as he stepped closer to the man on the ground while the latter painfully pulled himself to a seated position against the brick wall of the alley, smoke rising from his burnt shirt where the electricity had made contact. "If you keep stalling and avoiding my questions, one of those is going to happen, Duket. Either that or your blood will boil and your skin will burst - who knows which, right? The human body wasn't mean to take much electricity into it."

The man, Duket, snarled and coughed up blood but shook his head in defiance. "Go to hell, Knowles. You're not getting anything out of me. You really think this mutant torture scares me? He'll do worse if he knows I talked."

Chris thought the words over and nodded finding them logically sound. "He will if he finds out you did, yes. Then again, I plan to kill him so maybe your best bet is to talk to me and save me the trouble of killing too many people before I get to him. Now..." He raised his right hand, charging blue electricity between his fingers and swirling around his hand. "Where is the Colonel?"

Duket stood to his feet, thought staggeringly and reached into his coat pocket, "You'll have to kill me... I won't tell you anything!" The man drew a gun and Chris, having no intention of dying, finished him off with a discharge from his hand equivalent to a bolt of lightning.

Duket fell lifelessly to the ground and Chris heard footsteps behind him. Without even looking, he spoke to the unidentified person, "Enjoying the light show?"

Last edited by Christopher Knowles on Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: The Light Show (R)

more_horiz

"Enjoying the light show?" 

Thana had been walking downtown when she had heard screaming, she was in a more dangerous part of the city so it wasn't uncommon. What was uncommon was the light display. Her instincts told her to go see what it was and that's what she did.  

Walking to where it was Thana saw a young boy torturing a human, she recognised him instantly. The man, he was a MRD supporter. " Yes actually. Hello Duket. Still alive I see." Thana said coldly, before turning to the boy. " You should stop, if you keep torturing him it makes us no better then THEIR kind." She said simply, Thana had more reason then most to hate MRD and their supporters but she didn't agree with mutants using their abilities to torture anyone. Even if it was evil pathetic humans. " Also an alleyway isn't a good place to torture someone. Their kind can track us much easier in the open. " she told him, not even knowing his name but not wanting a fellow mutant to get killed, or worse. Captured. As she saw the lifeless body fall to the ground she simply shrugged . Shit happens. " Or you can kill him. That works to." She answered, almost boredly.

more_horiz
Chris didn't say anything, paying the voice no mind at all at first until Duket fell lifelessly to the ground in a slump. It was only then that he turned around to look at the young woman behind him. She appeared much younger than himself, yet spoke to him as if she were his mother. At her words of killing him, the male mutant scoffed and looked back at the body replying matter-of-factly. "If I'd wanted him to live, I wouldn't have sent a lightning-equivalent blast into his chest."

He stepped forward and knelt down by the body, slipping on leather gloves before rifling carefully through the man's pockets for anything of use in finding his father before more mutants died by his order. While searching, he spoke to the stranger. "Killing him was self defense if you'd take time to look at the firearm in his hand before judging my actions without knowing me or why I was questioning him in the first place." Fortunately he'd found a cellphone, but unfortunately the electrical discharge had fried it completely making any information within impossible to the find.

He sighed and stood up, deciding to slide the phone into his pocket just in case the SD card was saveable. He then turned back around to the girl, removing his gloves and crossing his arms. "As for the MRD, they always manage to have trouble finding me. My command of electricity makes their technology to track me useless. It has a certain electronic signature that I can pick up on and disrupt before they get too close, but it's inevitable that they will figure out a way to get around that eventually. MRD is well-funded and crafty if anything."

He uncrossed his arms and looked down the alleyway trying to get a read on any type of high powered electrical device that the MRD used, but so far felt nothing but he wasn't so arrogant to believe they weren't going to take notice of an electrical mutant. His father had been pushing for his capture for months to no avail. Chris had become the older man's white whale. After making sure he felt safe to talk a moment, he looked back at her "While I am interested in why you felt the need to pop in to something that wasn't your concern, rudely I will add - I'm more interested in how you knew Duket?"

more_horiz
Thana watched as the boy spoke, raising an eyebrow at him at times. Her thoughts she kept to herself though, she didn't want any more fights.

Killing him was self defense if you'd take time to look at the firearm in his hand before judging my actions without knowing me or why I was questioning him in the first place."   

" Yes because electrocuting the shit out of him is self defense. Pull the other leg, I watched you for some time before I spoke." Thana answered bluntly, watching as he checked the man. Nothing too interesting other then a wrecked cell phone. Listening as he said the MRD were trouble and such, and nodded softly. " They always cause trouble, we can't ever be too careful." Thana agreed. 

While I am interested in why you felt the need to pop in to something that wasn't your concern, rudely I will add - I'm more interested in how you knew Duket?"  

" I make it my business to know who hunts me. Duket and I have history,
I suppose I should thank you for makin my job easier. I'm Red by the way, sorry if I seemed rude. I did want to ask Duket some things on information. Doesn't matter now anyway." Thana answered, also checking around her. " Well let's see if anything interesting happened ." She said quietly, kneeling next to the body of Duket before placing a gloved hand on him and waiting. She remained kneeling for several moments before standing up. " Nothing , I got nothing. All I can see is you an him, I can't see past that now he is dead. " Thana told the boy.

more_horiz
"I'm so sorry. I forgot about the entire arsenal of weapons I keep in my pockets on me at all times," he replied sarcastically to her comment on his method of killing the man, "I had a split second to make a decision and even if I did have a gun, knife or even stupid enough to charge the man with my hands - he was carrying a Glock 17. That means that he'd have easily put, at minimum, four rounds into me the moment I flinched. So yeah, debate it all you like - someone was going to be dead in this alley."

Chris nodded at her words on the MRD, knowing her to be correct. His father was with them and knew a lot about his son, but not the mutation, which is what had given him his edge so far but the man was intelligent and would figure it out soon. Either that, or one of the MRD stooges he worked with would do so. Regardless, Chris knew all too well to watch his back and tie up loose ends. No one would mourn Duket. He was a junkie that had killed his own brother for a fix. In a way, the man's death was retribution of a sort though Chris kept such thoughts to himself.

"So... let me add this up: you're pissed I killed him, then thank me, and now you are bummed about loss of information," he questioned aloud then shook his head with a smirk, "funny. I'm Chris, by the way - but this Japanese guy I met a while back called me Raijin... translates to Raiden, the god of thunder. So yeah, you could call me that if we're using aliases." He then watched her and it didn't take long for him to add up she used her ability on him. Apparently she could see the past, but he wasn't sure how that worked. When finding out she couldn't see anything since he was dead, he looked at the phone. "Well... at least there's something to go off of. If you're really interested in Duket - well... were, rather, then you'd likely be curious about the people who pulled his strings. In which case it would mean we have the same goals and the same target."

He shrugged and put the phone back into his pocket. "And since you don't have a weapon for an ability, it's logical that we work together. You can get information I can't get and I can deal with trouble. Win-win. If you're interested, that is? Even I'm not so arrogant to think I can go it alone and you shouldn't be either."

more_horiz
Thana listened to the boy, and kept her final opinion to herself but listened and nodded. " Alright alright, fine it was self defense." She answered, willing to move on and listen 

"So... let me add this up: you're pissed I killed him, then thank me, and now you are bummed about loss of information," 

" Something like that, I would of liked to get some information out of him that's all. I'm glad he's dead." Thana answered, continuing to listen. Nodding as he spoke, " Yes I believe we do have the same goals. And 1 I do have a weapon ability, I just wanted to read him. Usually I can see what happened on objects, people are much harder but I try I practice on MRD when I can.2, I'm a street fighter, and  I've got energy sourcing." She explained, " But I think . Yes. Win win. I'm not stupid, and I would appreciate help. I have some information on the MRD but I can always use help. What's your connection to them?"

Thana was curious, she knew no mutant liked the MRD but this guy seemed to have an extra reason, it made for an interesting question. " I can get information and would like to know I have a way of erasing data. "

more_horiz
[mod]@ChristopherKnowles: You don't need to put "R at worst". If it's bad, then it's just R, if it's horrible bad then it's NC-17. Please refer to this rating guide for example. Thank you.[/mod]

more_horiz
"If you're glad he's dead then what do you care about how he died," he questioned a bit annoyed. He'd just been given down the road about how he'd treated the man yet she was glad he was dead and was only upset because of information that they could gather elsewhere. He scoffed when he heard of her abilities and shook his head. "Being able to take in energy and see the past on people and objects isn't a weapon. And street fighting against a group of armed men will get you killed. There may be times we can use your fighting skills, but leave the heavy defense to me. We have to have a plan or we're fucked either way."

His time in the military had made him the capable killing machine even without his powers, though those only added to it. He wasn't invincible and wouldn't dare think of himself as such, but judging from what she'd just told him, if she went alone she was dead and if he wasn't careful in taking care of threats, she could die. While Chris didn't know her and shouldn't care about her fate, he did. It was just who he was and part of why he'd ended up where he was in regards to both mutants and MRD.

"You know, Red... people that aren't stupid generally don't feel the need to point that out," he stated with a smirk, "but I didn't think that anyway. If I had though you'd hinder progress in any way, I'd not have asked you to come with me. And if I'd thought you a threat, I'd have killed you. So - your being alive and going with me says a lot about how I view you." When questioned about his connection to them, he shrugged not really trusting her enough with every detail, but knew he had to give enough so she'd understand and not think he was lying.

"I was in the military before my abilities activated. My old CO is a major backer of the MRD. He's a Colonel now and in charge of an entire division but informs on anything he can. Suffice to say that I have personal reasons for going after him. Don't really care about any of the others... except one, but I doubt we'll come across him." A lot of what he'd said had been the truth about the Colonel save for the fact he was his father and not his old commander. The look on his face alone gave away his inner feelings of just how personal the situation was as if torturing a man hadn't been enough to give that away.

more_horiz
Wrapping her cloak tighter around herself Thana continued to listen as the boy spoke. She inwardly rolled her eyes, but didn't bother correcting him about what her ability let her do. Instead she shut up and listened, nodding as she heard what he had to say. Thana had a feeling he wasn't telling her everything, but with how dangerous it was for any mutant it was understandable. 

" So what now?" She asked, leaning on the alleyway wall and looking at him. Chris seemed to know what she was going, and that came in helpful. " Have you got a place to stay? A plan?" Thana asked him, wanting to know what was going through his head.

more_horiz
"What happens now is the fun part - we get the hell out of here before the MRD turn up... it's hard to tell with the traffic lights, power lines and cop cars, but I can tell they're on their way. I can feel the electronic signatures of their radios and tracking devices. Hard to pinpoint them though... too much interference in a city this big," he explained looking off into the distance with his eyes narrowed then glanced back at her to work out her next questions.

"I've got most of it worked out, but only a fool rushes into a firefight and the addition of someone else means the plan has to change. We're going to have to hit another informant named Nick. He's not as easy, though, he's at City Hall working in the Mayor's office - an intern." He shrugged at the reality of it all. The situation wasn't easy but it would take some careful planning memorizing the man's work schedule and catching him there alone, likely after dark. "We should probably meet up at Mel's Diner in two days around this time to work out details then be on our way. If we stay split up as much as possible, we're less likely to be discovered."

more_horiz
Thana nodded as she listened to him speak, they did have to split and it would be soon. " Alright, you go first, I'll go up." She told him, pointing to the fire escape. " I'll take the roofs, quicker for me." Thana explained. As he told her his plan she nodded, " Okay." Thana said simply, she didn't need to ask questions yet that was for later. 

We should probably meet up at Mel's Diner in two days around this time to work out details then be on our way. If we stay split up as much as possible, we're less likely to be discovered."  

Thana once again nodded, " Okay I have a rough idea where that is, downtown. Anyway it guess I'll see you in two days.... Stay safe." Thana said to Chris, before grabbing onto the fire escape and climbing up the first flight of stairs. Quickly using the shadows and the building to disappear silently out of sight and onto the roof above.

more_horiz
Chris noted her escape plan and didn't find any fault in it. At least from the rooftops, it would be more difficult for her to be followed and she could keep an eye out on approaching troubles. The young man was more at home on the street, though had a way to shield himself from tracking devices so he didn't have to literally hide just keep moving.

"You too. See you there in two days," he replied to her wishing him safety then he pulled the collar up on his peacoat and stuck his hands into the pockets before moving further into the alley and moving behind the buildings where it was dark. By the time MRD arrived at Duket's dead body, they'd only know who killed him but now where their target had gone. His father was tenacious but predictable - he had to talk to Arabella and Alec about what was bound to happen.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum