X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteWhen the Man comes around

more_horiz
Director Fury left the old cowboy by the main gate to the school, giving him a set of documents including a formal and legitimate citizenship and birth certificate, any and all documents to legitimize Jeff's existence to the world and the government.

After walking through the gardens with a few glances from local students, Jeff made his way to the main hall. Jeff placed his duffel bags to the floor, waiting for whomever it was that was supposed to greet him.

"Hope these Yankees won't mind an old cowboy like me hanging 'round these parts" The old cavalryman said, picking up his flask of whiskey and taking a quick drink.

Last edited by Jeff Belinger on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:18 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: When the Man comes around

more_horiz
Loika came out of one of the lounges on the main floor and say a man standing in the hallway. She froze for a moment. The man looked so much like her dad it kinda hurt. Her clothes looked much like a montana farmgirl, which is what she was before all hell had broken loose years before.

She recovered from the shock and crossed her arms over her chest. Part of her wolf nature made her very suspicious of people. "Im Loika. You must be new here." She could see Fury driving away. " You cant drink that in here. This is for the most part a school. With kids. They dont allow alcohol here." She motioned towards the flask in his hand.

more_horiz
Mackenzie followed mommy out of the lounge. She heard the old man's thoughts just like everyone else's. She didnt come out though until she sensed mommy was anxious. Mommy was the only one she couldnt read. However if she was having a strong emotion mackie couldnt help but sense it.

She looked up at the man. He looked like a cowboy. She continued to listen yo his mind but didnt speak. She rarely did out loud. Instead she hid behing mommy.

more_horiz
"Ah. Right, my excuses, lass." Jeff said, closing and hiding his flask away for later. "Age old habits never die" he continued. The old cavalryman took a few tentative steps forward, not really going anywhere, taking a better view of the main hall and its beauty.

"I was told there'd be someone to greet me here, I'm right guessin' that'd be you. My name is Jeff Belinger, and apparently im a mutant of sorts, X-gene or what-not, not knowledgeable 'bout these kinda things" The cowboy said, picking up a glimpse of the little girl hiding behind the woman

The old man picked up his belongings from the floor and hung them back on his shoulders. "I guess this is this lawman's final stop, is there a place where I can settle my saddlebags?"

more_horiz
"it can be me. Ive lived here for two years. My daughter has been raised here. " She sensed mackie behind her. Always the little skeptic. She knew the little one didnt need to hide, she was one of the most powerful mutants in the mansion. She sniffed the air just to get an idea of who he was, her blue eyes glowing as she did so. The child behind her had the same blue eyes.

"We have plenty of rooms and a well stocked kitchen if you are hungry. Whats your name?" She reached behind her and picked up the child, placing her on her hip.

more_horiz
"The name is Jeff Belinger, pleasure to met you and your little girl, she reminded me of my niece with the way she hid behind your legs" Jeff said as he took off his large hat. "I wouldn't mind finding a room at the moment or some place I can leave my belongings, I have items in need of "screening" and "cataloging" due to their nature" Jeff added, making hand gestures suggesting firearms.

more_horiz
"Dont let her looks fool you. Shes one of the most powerful mutants in this school if not new york. "She kissed her daughter's forehead and smoothed her hair.

"For now they will probably require your weapons to go in the armory. We do have children running around. I can show you around and show you to your room if you like."

more_horiz
"Not a problem, I was conveying that I wanted them in a safe place since, as you mentioned, theres are children around, wouldn't want them hurt themselves, I'd just hate me'self if that'd come to happen. Heard that I needed to have permits and licences for weapon possession. Sort of strange concept to me, back in the day you didnt need to have all these papers and courses on how to use a gun, you either practiced or got training" Jeff rambled on.

"Wait, you folks need to know my history or something? Mr. Fury said something about "Origin story" or what not" Jeff asked out of curiosity.

more_horiz
"They can help you with permits later. Theres some forms you will have to fill out and mail in. Seems like about anytime now they will make us mutants do the same."

She started leading the way on a tour through the house. She looked back at him. "Xavier's is a safe place. If you dont want to tell anyone your story you dont have to. We offer refuge without judgement."

more_horiz
Jeff took a moment to take in thought what Loika mentioned about mutants. "That's all kinds of weird because I never got treated like a freak until this Mr. Fury and his goons made this blood test and all that. You keep saying we're mutants, I don't feel like a mutant, mutants are those things in those "Science-fiction" films from about 40 years ago. I feel pretty damn lucky to have been born able to see all the things I have seen". Jeff ranted.

"Alright, Let's get me settled down, If I'm going to be living here from now on there's gotta be at least a few things I can do here, It's a school, so I assume there's bound to be things I can help with, even if I am over 150 years behind the current curriculum"

more_horiz
"You are lucky you look normal. Not all mutants dont. Thats why we are here. To keep them safe, train them, educate them." She led the way to the wing of the school with the bedrooms. She led him to a vacant room and pushed the door open after setting Mackenzie down. " This mansion was originally the personal home of Charles Xavier and his family. Hes since remodeled it to house many people. You can stay here. Do you need anything? For now if you want to speak with the professor about teaching you can meet with him in his office. He can tell you what positions are open." She stroked her daughter's hair. " This little lady goes to public school but she is possibly transferring back here."

more_horiz
"She a real darlin' that's fer sure. I know you gotta have all kinds of degrees to teach now and I obviously don't have those. I saw some kids on horseback playing some fancypants british game, polo I think it was, you folks have stables? Back when I was a youngin' I worked a ranch with my pa' and ma' and I served as Cavalrymen for the Confederate army, 14th Cavalry, 5th regiment of the Texan Confederate army" Jeff said as he entered the room.

"This place looks a whole lot better than all the places I ever lived in in all my long life, reminds me of the one time I got to meet General Robert E. Lee, he was a good man that believed freedom was truly an american's one true right. If you gotta ask me if I beleive that "The South will rise again", I think not, we had our chance, we blew it. Besides, our country united together the way it is, we made far more than what we could have done individually, I mean, we fought and won the two great wars of our world,We destroy bloody Hydra with the help of our home grown Captain America, we won and free the eastern communist world, we walked on the Moon" Jeff rambled on about, finally able to say the things he had been keeping to himself.

"I appologise, you have no idea how it feels to just say all these things out loud. I don't need to keep the secret of me being alive this long and having seen all these things" Jeff said as he placed his bags on the bed.

"I think I might just like it here, all I'm going to need to find now will be a drinking and smoking friend."

more_horiz
" The stables are on school grounds. All of the horses are available but two. Two of them are mine. Otherwise they would love the exercise."  She leaned against the door frame  and crossed her arms over her chest while he talked.

She nodded in understanding. " I understand. I came from a lab i spent most of my childhood in. I went from a scared and easily spooked kid to a semi well adjusted adult. This place does wonders. A few of us go to a bar downtown every once in a while. You can join us sometime. Logan smokes but only cigars. Ill let you settle in. Welcome to Xaviers Jeff."  She took her daughter  by the hand and led her away.

more_horiz
Jeff let the woman and her child go, nodding them goodbye. He turned to his effects and the room and began unpacking and placing his belongings in the dressers and wardrobe. Jeff took out an old wooden box from one of his bags and placed it on his bed, then reached for a scabard on the side of the bag, his old weathered cavalry sword in good shape. Jeff drew the sword quarter of the way to verify if the sword had bent out of drawing shape, then sheathed it back in. He placed the sword on the bed next to the wooden box and continued to unpack his things while humming an old wartime song.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum