X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteNew York- 8am- Summer

more_horiz
The noise and bustle of the city streets was one he came to know and love. Though he wondered if there was any truth in that statement. He held his satchel close to his side, that carried all his books and his notebooks which either expressed ideas of his own or were just copies of the class lectures. The apartment he lived in was funded by the school and was close to his school. He didn't have a roommate just yet, but he could imagine the nightmare that would become.

He took the extra time he had, since it was still early in the morning to get some coffee from the local school cafe. He liked it early in the morning because oddly enough they were never busy at this time. He wondered in and the usual cashier and barista were there. He didn't need to speak as often as he use to, they simply rung him up for a black tea mixed with earl grey and he paid and took the drink. No more fuss. The first time he had ever entered this school, he ended up awkwardly mumbling everything.

These days he realized no one cared about his ideas nor his philosophies. That he must remain quiet and go through the days motion as an autonomous machine. Copying and repeating the same movements over and over again. Like a machine being programmed. No one cared about what he said or how he said it. As long as he regurgitated back what had been said he would be fine, but he couldn't even really do that. As he walked down the streets getting close to his school, hot tea spilled all over the coat of a man. Eon looked up to the man.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled silently.

descriptionCompleteRe: New York- 8am- Summer

more_horiz
"Oh snap!" said Bruce extremely loudly. He wasn't paying any attention as to where he was going. Lookin up at the person who spilled his tea all over him, Bruce wondered if he should just disappear and avoid the conflict. But no matter how hard he tried the trouble always found him first.

Wiping donw the tea from his clothes, he studied the person. He seemed confused or tired, or something Bruce couldn't understand what was going on through his mind. He wasn't Professor X and he couldn't pry into other people's minds. He passionately wished he did.

"It's quiet alright." he excused the person. "I am sorry what is your name?" he wondered. Nothing like meeting new people who spilled tea on him, going back to school or wherever he was going that is.

more_horiz
Eon tried to focus on something else, the heat waves coming off the road. For being eight in the morning the heat was unbearable this time of year. It was the urban heat island effect. He was hoping his silence and his ability to look further than the human being standing in front of him would creep them out. When they did not leave, he again looked up at the man.

"Eon," he mumbled inaudibly.

He answered the man's question so why had he not left yet? Was there another requirement that he hadn't passed yet? Eon knew he still had time before class, but he felt uncomfortable. He could feel the usual headache coming on.

"Who are you?" he managed to mumble.

Maybe that was the key of being free of this man.

more_horiz
"Oh I am sorry, my name is Bruce, I am from Xavier Institute." said Bruce. Maybe he was sharing too much information already. But people already knew about them as mutants, so there was no reason to hide his identity. Much less his powers. Bruce wasn't going to turn into a mist in front of this person whoever he was. He looked him up again and continued to brush the remainder of the tea off of him. "What flavor is the tea?" he asked, smelling. that could have been just little creepy, but to Bruce it was his old himself.

"So where are you going?" he asked. Also noticing that the person in front of him wasn't talkative much and there was nothing he could do about that.

Last edited by Bruce Logan on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Xavier Institute, he heard of them only slowly. But he trusted neither side of the story to be honest. He was in journalism for that fact of the matter, to expose the truth of both sides. To bad most people didn't listen to him, just some young twenty-two year old. He considered this man in front of him and a weak smirk crawled unto his face. What would he do if he were someone else?

He stared at this man, Bruce, with an expression unlike his usual calm and meek demeanor. Channeling the confidence of his other side through.

"Why does a student from the insitute wander here at an ordinary college?" he asked channelling a confidence he rarely had.

more_horiz
"Oh well, Professor let's us roam around the town." said Bruce enthusiastically. It was true. Professor X did let them roam around the city but not to use their powers on humans. This guy, in front of Bruce wasn't a mutant, was he? Bruce once again thought of prying into his mind, but he couldn't. He wasn't Professor X. "This question might sound weird, but...are you a mutant?" asked Bruce. The guy might be too intimidated to tell the truth because people discriminated against mutants. Bruce for one didn't care, he was proud to be one of the X-Men.

more_horiz
Eon stared at the man in front of him for a second, should he humor him? Or should he remain silent? Eon had no problems with mutants, as he was one as well. An abomination freak mutant, but a mutant none the less. He had done some research over the course of his journalism work.

Mutant powers were created by sequences of junk DNA, but his mutant latent form was created by junk sequences to create new body parts. Some people were trying to distinguished a mutant from what they were calling humanoids. Whichever term was correct Eon decided to humor this man and channel the confidence of his more confident side. No one was around and no one around here knew him any more or less than the quiet kid in college.

He interlocked his fingers together and wore a smile on his face. It was probably a creepier smile than what he was trying to achieve, but only Terror himself could achieve class and the Cheshire smile. He was simply Eon. Eon channeling the thoughts of his inner workings towards this man.

"And if I was?" Eon asked, "Then what? Would you invite me? Or would you leave me on the streets? The Institute and whatever the others calls themselves are all idealistic thinkers and so is the government. Would you save me? If I actually answered your question?"

Was Terror's personality coming out right now he wondered?

more_horiz
Bruce looked at the gentlemen in front of him. Bruce was going to tell him all about X-Men but decided it against, surely he already knew about, The was no reason for him to tell him. Bruce looked down to the ground and noticed that it was rather unclean. He looked up at the guy again,

"Of course, I'd invite you. I'd be crazy not to invite fellow mutant to live with people like himself. You should meet Professor X, he's a nice man and very friendly. I wouldn't leave you on a street, who does that? He thought back to that conversation he had with Kahlan, and how her family disowned her because she was a mutant.

Watching cars pass by made Bruce feel indifferent, he couldn't care if it was the President of United States who rode in there. "You should stop by, you are going to love it there."

more_horiz
Eon surpressed the feelings of Terror that were beginning to bleed in, he felt nearly embarassed for the way he behaved, but at the same time Terror was the only person whom could uncover the truth that he could not. He stared at this man named Bruce.

"I'm just a college student in journalism," Eon said in his usual quiet voice, "But I would...like to meet this Professor X and visit the Insitute. Well not me specifically I have a friend..."

An elaborate lie to have an intelligent debate.

"But maybe...Icould...interview some people for a project due," Eon said.

more_horiz
Bruce light up with excitement. Eon would like to visit the Institute, that was a nice treat after having tea spill on you. Bruce looked over the shoulder of Eon and noticed people walking to the college. "Wow, that is great!" said Bruce, excitedly. After hearing that Eon wanted to do report for his journalism class, Bruce didn't think it was going to be a good idea. But he didn't mention anything to him. He didn't need to worry him at the moment.

"So, you wanna be news reporter?" asked Bruce casually. It really was none of his business but he didn't think Eon mind answering that question. It was just a question. "Professor X is really a nice man, you are going to have fun talking to him. He's like a dad I've never had." said Bruce, starring down at his shoes.

more_horiz
Eon stared at Bruce and shuffled his feet.

"Journalist actually," Eon said, "Investigative journalism."

A father he didn't have, huh. Eon remembered the day that his mother announced that the man that he had followed as his biological father was not his real father. He was the product of lies and slanders.

more_horiz
Bruce shook his head as he listened. There was nothing better than to get out of institute and be on your own. No one tells you what to do, where to go, how to act, when to use your powers. He needed to take the edge of and find something to do. "Well, I gotta run. There is someone I have to meet." said Bruce, politely. "But do drop by the institute. You know where to find it, right?" asked Bruce. Duh, who couldn't find the academy, it was the most noted place and everyone wanted to get involved in their business.

"Nice meeting you, Eon." said Bruce. He smiled and looked at the bus that just pulled up in front of the college. Turning to fog, Bruce quickly slid into the bus before it took off. He flown to the back of the bus and materialized back to himself. He just hoped Eon could find the Xavier Institute.

more_horiz
Eon watched Bruce the whole entire time, right up to the point that he seeming dematerialized into a bus. He checked the time and sighed, he had to get to his classes. He could imagine the teacher right then and there barking demands at him. As always he was a scapegoat. He tried not to play the victim to often. But sometimes he could feel somewhat like a victim. He made his way unto the large campus crowded and bustling like a mini city of its own.

He was one of the three to make it to the line in front of the classroom door, ironically they were all the three smart kids in the class. The difference was they were still accepted by society. And for some reason they too had shunned him. Was it competition? Or was it jealously? He was unsure of it. So he gave up on talking to anyone these days.

The girl with thick rimmed glasses turned towards him. This was the first anyone from his class ever turned towards him and acknowledged his presence. He was somewhat nervous and unsure of what to do in a situation like this. He had accepted that he was never to be seen and yet she was looking directly at him.

"Did you have a hard time with the homework?" she suddenly asked him.

Eon simply shook his head no, but kept his gaze focused on her. And she continued to stare at him. They had a bit of a three minute session of an unconfirmed staring contest until she finally turned her whole body towards him.

"Maybe you could help me?" she asked.

"O...kay," Eon managed to mumble back.

"Perfect after class," she said.

Eon was starting to feel a little awkward, how could out of the whole semester no one manage to talk to him, even when he was practically shouting at them. But then suddenly they were asking for his help. And why did he so easily accept to help? He knew deep in his heart he was being used. All those fake smiles and lies. His headache was coming back on, but he tried to ignore it. The door was opened and the teacher Mr. Melbourne let them in.

He gave Eon a bit of a suspicious look when Eon passed by. He liked to sit in the front row despite being most invisible. But most of this had to do with his height too, to many tall people would be in front of him. Even more oddly the girl with thick framed glasses sat next to him. She smiled and he tried to smile in an awkward grimace. The majority of the class was the same as usual. Hear a man speak over and over again.

"Before we leave, I want to get an idea of what your reports will be about," the teacher said.

A flood of hands lifted up into the air, except his. And the teacher decided to make it a point to choose him first as he began to say, "Eon, how about you go first?"

"I may be only human," Eon replied with a smirk, "But I'm going to report on the Xavier Institute."

The teacher tried to hold back his laughter, but he could hear some of the other students whispering and laughing a bit. Eon collected his book and shoved them in his book bag. He was beginning to feel anxious again. But at the same time he had never stood up to the man like that. As the rest of the class began to leave he too stood up, he had gotten so use to his own habits, when the sleeve of his trench coat was grabbed the girl smiled at him.

"At the library," she said, "We'll go together."

"Okay," Eon replied.

They walked side by side towards the library he had an hour right before class. She stopped in front of the door of the library.

"Okay here is the real thing, Eon will you please please help me with my homework?" she asked.

"Isn't that why I am here," Eon asked.

"No, see I'm suppose to go somewhere Saturday...."

"And you want me to do your homework," Eon cut her off.

She looked at him like she was practically sobbing. So this was her motive. This is why she remembered his name. He felt more angry than he did anything else.

"No," Eon snapped, "I won't. Don't ask me of that."

"I need a good grade in this class and you're the only person...."

"That you thought was gullible enough, no means no....and i have things to do to."

Like visit the Xavie Institute, he walked off feeling at ease more than usual. He had to prepare for later. And still had classes.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum