X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteFairytales don't exist. [PG]

more_horiz
Ivy stared at the book in her hands, her deep eyes meeting the pretty printed blue ones of a smiling girl in rather fancy clothing. Clothes like that don't exist, do they? The girl tilted her head sideways, studying the pearly white frills on the cover. Around here, all she had seen was simple dresses, or jeans and shirts. Sometimes the occasional suit, which lead her to believe that those clothes on the picture may not wholly be real.

[You silly, naive little girl. Everyone knows fairy tales don't exist. They're just a bunch of pretty lies to fool girls like you.] Her eyes darkened slightly, and Ivy put the book back onto the shelf, sinking down to sit cross legged on the ground, eyes staring at nothing in particular.

descriptionCompleteRe: Fairytales don't exist. [PG]

more_horiz
Loika wandered into the library wearing sweatpants, a tanktop, and a loose button up sweater. Mackenzie was nestled in a baby carrying sling against her back. Awake but quiet. Loika was carrying a copy of Alice's adventures in wonderland. She didnt seem to notice Ivy at first. She was putting the book back and reaching for Grimm's fairy tales when her nostrils twitched as she sniffed. She turned her head and looked at the girl. " Oh...hi." She said a little hesistantly. She didnt realize anyone was in here and she didnt recognize the face.

more_horiz
The girl jumped, startled when someone spoke. How had she not noticed the woman coming? Ivy stared mutely up at her, before her eyes flitted towards the sling against her back. She waved a hand shyly, tilting her head upwards just to meet Loika's gaze. Was this one of the students here? Darien said that nice people lived and studied here. Is she nice? [When will you ever that not everything Darien says is true?] Ivy frowned slightly, dropping her gaze. Darien of all people wouldn't lie to her, would he? Lying was bad, and Darien was good.

Could she trust her?

more_horiz
Loika jumped into a defensive stance when the girl jumped. She was used to being on alert at all times wither she was concious of it or not. Loika raised and eyebrow and slowly waved back. The girl was just staring at her. " ah... okay then...im just going to get a book." She was a little weirded out by the girl just staring at her. She was used to being a hunter, predator. She wasnt seen. She saw. The wolf side of her was getting antsy. She was trying to locate the Grimm's fairytale book and go before she felt anymore anxious.

more_horiz
Jeff still on Cruses heading to the Liberty. He look around the Liberty to find a Manga Area he can Limp to and Read. He Limp to the Manga Area and sit on a wooden Seat and thought to himself" Damm my broking Legs" He is not going to the Center to let peoples heal it, he let the powers of time fix it. So far he hate it to the point that time will have to wait. He is also mad that he can't train.
He look around and said" Yep, Everything is back" as he look at the 2 metal stikes

more_horiz
To be honest, Ivy felt a little bit hurt when the woman didn't seem to smile at her, or act even the least bit friendly. At least she wasn't rude. The girl gave her a small wobbly sort of smile before turning around, sparing a glance at that book of fairy tales that she had returned to the shelf and wandered around the other places, not wanting to disturb the woman. As she rounded a corner, her mind wandering as usual, she didn't see where she was going and literally walked right into the back of a bench and fell back onto the floor, blinking at the bench that she could have sworn wasn't there. [Tsk tsk, what a silly, clumsy little girl you are. No wonder people don't like you at all.

As she pushed herself off the ground, she turned to see who was sitting in the bench, and immediately felt bad. He didn't look like he was doing so good. Guiltily, Ivy raised both hands in an apologetic gesture.

more_horiz
Loika dropped her book and rushed over to help the girl. " Oh geeze are you okay?" Mackenzie stirred in the baby sling but didnt seem to mind the sudden movement. Loika helped the girl to her feet and dusted her off in a very motherly gesture. She looked her over. " Wow that was pretty rough, but i dont see any cuts or scrapes....you're pretty quiet. Do you talk? You didnt make a peep when you ran into tat thing. Id been cussin or somethin." She giggled a little and smiled. Maybe the kid wasnt dangerous after all.

more_horiz
The girl checked herself once over, confirming the woman's words to be true. She was fine, except a little sore on the bottom. Ivy gave her a thankful smile, before pausing slightly at her next words. Would she look at me differently if I told her? All through her life, Darien had sheltered her from people's pity, knowing that she hated it, but now- alone in this place without him, she wasn't sure of what to do. She wasn't sure of anything at all! [People don't like what's different, and you m'dear, are as different as you can get.]

Ivy's eyes dropped down to the ground, not wanting to see the expression on the woman's face as she shook her head, one hand lightly touching her throat. What would she find if she looked up? Confusion? Pity? Disgust?

more_horiz
Loika smiled. " Thats alright. We will just have to find our own language then. Im Loika." She pointed over her shoulder to the baby sleeping in the baby sling against her back. " Thats Mackenzie. Sorry if i frightened you earlier. I am... well i turn into a wolf. So im suspicious of people till i get to know them" She stood up and stretched. " Well that was exciting."

more_horiz
The words weren't what Ivy expected at all- They were kind, and slightly funny. Something she hadn't heard since Darien. Her small mouth dropped slightly open in surprise as she stared at Loika- That's what her name was- and the baby on her back. It would be polite at this point if Ivy replied with her name, but how? Ivy's eyes darted to one of the books on the shelves:A Guide to Local Fauna and Flora and picked it up. Quickly, she flipped through the pages until she landed on the one she was looking for.

A picture of a creeper stood out proudly on the page, with the words next to it: Hedera: Ivy. She lifted it up to show Loika, and pointed at the title on the page, a smile on her face.

more_horiz
Loika smiled again " Im going to guess that your name isnt Hedera, So it must be Ivy. Am i right?" She picked up the Grimm's fairytale book she dropped earlier and dusted it off. " Well miss Ivy, since we can both be kinda shy you are welcome to stick with me as much as you want. I was going to read to Mackenzie for a little bit. You are welcome to join us if you want. Im still kind of learning some words so i hope you dont mind that." Loika hadnt begun to read properly until late the previous year.

more_horiz
The girl nodded eagerly, sending her dark tresses bouncing slightly against her back. Her bangs, left to grow wild on their own, had reached the length where Ivy found herself constantly sweeping a hand across her forehead just to brush it from her eyes. She set the guide back onto the shelf and hesitantly gravitated towards Loika. It had been a while since she read a story, let alone had one read to her. Mistakes or not, she wouldn't want to miss this.

more_horiz
Loika found a comfy space on one of the couches in the library. She sat Mackenzie on her lap and let the little one rest against her. She made space for Ivy next to herself. She opened the Grimm's fairy tales and turned to one of the stories. She began to read:

Once upon a time there was a dear little girl who was loved by everyone who looked at her, but most of all by her grandmother, and there was nothing that she would not have given to the child. Once she gave her a little riding hood of red velvet, which suited her so well that she would never wear anything else; so she was always called 'Little Red Riding Hood.'

One day her mother said to her: 'Come, Little Red Riding Hood, here is a piece of cake and a bottle of wine; take them to your grandmother, she is ill and weak, and they will do her good. Set out before it gets hot, and when you are going, walk nicely and quietly and do not run off the path, or you may fall and break the bottle, and then your grandmother will get nothing; and when you go into her room, don't forget to say, "Good morning", and don't peep into every corner before you do it.'

'I will take great care,' said Little Red Riding Hood to her mother, and gave her hand on it.

The grandmother lived out in the wood, half a league from the village, and just as Little Red Riding Hood entered the wood, a wolf met her. Red Riding Hood did not know what a wicked creature he was, and was not at all afraid of him.

'Good day, Little Red Riding Hood,' said he.

'Thank you kindly, wolf.'

'Whither away so early, Little Red Riding Hood?'

'To my grandmother's.'

'What have you got in your apron?'

'Cake and wine; yesterday was baking-day, so poor sick grandmother is to have something good, to make her stronger.'

'Where does your grandmother live, Little Red Riding Hood?'

'A good quarter of a league farther on in the wood; her house stands under the three large oak-trees, the nut-trees are just below; you surely must know it,' replied Little Red Riding Hood.

The wolf thought to himself: 'What a tender young creature! what a nice plump mouthful - she will be better to eat than the old woman. I must act craftily, so as to catch both.'

So he walked for a short time by the side of Little Red Riding Hood, and then he said: 'See, Little Red Riding Hood, how pretty the flowers are about here - why do you not look round? I believe, too, that you do not hear how sweetly the little birds are singing; you walk gravely along as if you were going to school, while everything else out here in the wood is merry.'

Little Red Riding Hood raised her eyes, and when she saw the sunbeams dancing here and there through the trees, and pretty flowers growing everywhere, she thought: 'Suppose I take grandmother a fresh nosegay; that would please her too. It is so early in the day that I shall still get there in good time.'

So she ran from the path into the wood to look for flowers. And whenever she had picked one, she fancied that she saw a still prettier one farther on, and ran after it, and so got deeper and deeper into the wood.

Meanwhile the wolf ran straight to the grandmother's house and knocked at the door.

'Who is there?'

'Little Red Riding Hood,' replied the wolf. 'She is bringing cake and wine; open the door.'

'Lift the latch,' called out the grandmother, 'I am too weak, and cannot get up.'

The wolf lifted the latch, the door sprang open, and without saying a word he went straight to the grandmother's bed, and devoured her. Then he put on her clothes, dressed himself in her cap, laid himself in bed and drew the curtains.

Little Red Riding Hood, however, had been running about picking flowers, and when she had gathered so many that she could carry no more, she remembered her grandmother, and set out on the way to her.

She was surprised to find the cottage-door standing open, and when she went into the room, she had such a strange feeling that she said to herself: 'Oh dear! how uneasy I feel today, and at other times I like being with grandmother so much.' She called out: 'Good morning,' but received no answer; so she went to the bed and drew back the curtains. There lay her grandmother with her cap pulled far over her face, and looking very strange.

'Oh! grandmother,' she said, 'what big ears you have!'

'All the better to hear you with, my child,' was the reply.

'But, grandmother, what big eyes you have!' she said.

'All the better to see you with, my dear.'

'But, grandmother, what large hands you have!'

'All the better to hug you with.'

'Oh! but, grandmother, what a terrible big mouth you have!'

'All the better to eat you with!'

And scarcely had the wolf said this, than with one bound he was out of bed and swallowed up Red Riding Hood.

When the wolf had appeased his appetite, he lay down again in the bed, fell asleep and began to snore very loud.

The huntsman was just passing the house, and thought to himself: 'How the old woman is snoring! I must just see if she wants anything.' So he went into the room, and when he came to the bed, he saw that the wolf was lying in it.

'Do I find you here, you old sinner!' said he. 'I have long sought you!' But just as he was going to fire at him, it occurred to him that the wolf might have devoured the grandmother, and that she might still be saved, so he did not fire, but took a pair of scissors, and began to cut open the stomach of the sleeping wolf.

When he had made two snips, he saw the little red riding hood shining, and then he made two snips more, and the little girl sprang out, crying: 'Ah, how frightened I have been! How dark it was inside the wolf.'

After that the aged grandmother came out alive also, but scarcely able to breathe. Red Riding Hood, however, quickly fetched great stones with which they filled the wolf's belly, and when he awoke, he wanted to run away, but the stones were so heavy that he collapsed at once, and fell dead.

Then all three were delighted. The huntsman drew off the wolf's skin and went home with it; the grandmother ate the cake and drank the wine which Red Riding Hood had brought, and revived. But Red Riding Hood thought to herself: 'As long as I live, I will never leave the path by myself to run into the wood, when my mother has forbidden me to do so.'

It is also related that once, when Red Riding Hood was again taking cakes to the old grandmother, another wolf spoke to her, and tried to entice her from the path. Red Riding Hood, however, was on her guard, and went straight forward on her way, and told her grandmother that she had met the wolf, and that he had said 'good morning' to her, but with such a wicked look in his eyes, that if they had not been on the public road she was certain he would have eaten her up.

'Well,' said the grandmother, 'we will shut the door, so that he can not come in.'

Soon afterwards the wolf knocked, and cried: 'Open the door, grandmother, I am Little Red Riding Hood, and am bringing you some cakes.'

But they did not speak, or open the door, so the grey-beard stole twice or thrice round the house, and at last jumped on the roof, intending to wait until Red Riding Hood went home in the evening, and then to steal after her and devour her in the darkness. But the grandmother saw what was in his thoughts.

In front of the house was a great stone trough, so she said to the child: 'Take the pail, Red Riding Hood; I made some sausages yesterday, so carry the water in which I boiled them to the trough.'

Red Riding Hood carried until the great trough was quite full. Then the smell of the sausages reached the wolf, and he sniffed and peeped down, and at last stretched out his neck so far that he could no longer keep his footing and began to slip, and slipped down from the roof straight into the great trough, and was drowned. But Red Riding Hood went joyously home, and no one ever did anything to harm her again.

Loika made a face as she finished the story. She looked from one little girl to the other. " I dont think the Grimm's were huge fans of wolves. what do you guys think?"

more_horiz
Ivy tilted her head eagerly as she sat down, so she could look at the pictures whilst Loika read. It wasn't that the story was boring- No! It was just.. annoying when one had to read and look at pictures at the same time. But now, watching the beautifully colored pictures as she heard the story, it made it seem more lifelike.

When the story finished, the girl found herself smiling, feeling contented in what seemed like a very long time. She found herself nodding to Loika's words, her lips parting to allow a silent giggle to slip through. Shyly, Ivy held up one finger, looking at the woman with a pleading look in her eyes, silently asking for one more story.

more_horiz
" Alright one more story. Lets see here."Mackenzie was looking at the pages with mild interest as well. She turned a few pages and found a story. The three little pigs. She began to read:

Once upon a time there were three little pigs, who left their mummy and daddy to see the world.

All summer long, they roamed through the woods and over the plains, playing games and having fun. None were happier than the three little pigs, and they easily made friends with everyone. Wherever they went, they were given a warm welcome, but as summer drew to a close, they realized that folk were drifting back to their usual jobs, and preparing for winter. Autumn came and it began to rain. The three little pigs started to feel they needed a real home. Sadly they knew that the fun was over now and they must set to work like the others, or they'd be left in the cold and rain, with no roof over their heads. They talked about what to do, but each decided for himself. The laziest little pig said he'd build a straw hut.

"It will only take a day,' he said. The others disagreed.

"It's too fragile," they said disapprovingly, but he refused to listen. Not quite so lazy, the second little pig went in search of planks of seasoned wood.

"Clunk! Clunk! Clunk!" It took him two days to nail them together. But the third little pig did not like the wooden house.

"That's not the way to build a house!" he said. "It takes time, patience and hard work to build a house that is strong enough to stand up to wind, rain, and snow, and most of all, protect us from the wolf!"

The days went by, and the wisest little pig's house took shape, brick by brick. From time to time, his brothers visited him, saying with a chuckle.

"Why are you working so hard? Why don't you come and play?" But the stubborn bricklayer pig just said "no".

"I shall finish my house first. It must be solid and sturdy. And then I'll come and play!" he said. "I shall not be foolish like you! For he who laughs last, laughs longest!"

It was the wisest little pig that found the tracks of a big wolf in the neighborhood.

The little pigs rushed home in alarm. Along came the wolf, scowling fiercely at the laziest pig's straw hut.

"Come out!" ordered the wolf, his mouth watering. I want to speak to you!"

"I'd rather stay where I am!" replied the little pig in a tiny voice.

"I'll make you come out!" growled the wolf angrily, and puffing out his chest, he took a very deep breath. Then he blew with all his might, right onto the house. And all the straw the silly pig had heaped against some thin poles, fell down in the great blast. Excited by his own cleverness, the wolf did not notice that the little pig had slithered out from underneath the heap of straw, and was dashing towards his brother's wooden house. When he realized that the little pig was escaping, the wolf grew wild with rage.

"Come back!" he roared, trying to catch the pig as he ran into the wooden house. The other little pig greeted his brother, shaking like a leaf.

"I hope this house won't fall down! Let's lean against the door so he can't break in!"

Outside, the wolf could hear the little pigs' words. Starving as he was, at the idea of a two course meal, he rained blows on the door.

"Open up! Open up! I only want to speak to you!"

Inside, the two brothers wept in fear and did their best to hold the door fast against the blows. Then the furious wolf braced himself a new effort: he drew in a really enormous breath, and went ... WHOOOOO! The wooden house collapsed like a pack of cards.

Luckily, the wisest little pig had been watching the scene from the window of his own brick house, and he rapidly opened the door to his fleeing brothers. And not a moment too soon, for the wolf was already hammering furiously on the door. This time, the wolf had grave doubts. This house had a much more solid air than the others. He blew once, he blew again and then for a third time. But all was in vain. For the house did not budge an inch. The three little pigs watched him and their fear began to fade. Quite exhausted by his efforts, the wolf decided to try one of his tricks. He scrambled up a nearby ladder, on to the roof to have a look at the chimney. However, the wisest little pig had seen this ploy, and he quickly said.

"Quick! Light the fire!" With his long legs thrust down the chimney, the wolf was not sure if he should slide down the black hole. It wouldn't be easy to get in, but the sound of the little pigs' voices below only made him feel hungrier.

"I'm dying of hunger! I'm going to try and get down." And he let himself drop. But landing was rather hot, too hot! The wolf landed in the fire, stunned by his fall.

The flames licked his hairy coat and his tail became a flaring torch.

"Never again! Never again will I go down a chimney" he squealed, as he tried to put out the flames in his tail. Then he ran away as fast as he could.

The three happy little pigs, dancing round and round the yard, began to sing. "Tra-la-la! Tra-la-la! The wicked black wolf will never come back...!"

From that terrible day on, the wisest little pig's brothers set to work with a will. In less than no time, up went the two new brick houses. The wolf did return once to roam in the neighborhood, but when he caught sight of three chimneys, he remembered the terrible pain of a burnt tail, and he left for good.

Now safe and happy, the wisest little pig called to his brothers. "No more work! Come on, let's go and play!"

When she got to the end she frowned again. " Girls we need to write a nice wolf story. Or give the Grimm brothers a piece of our minds. Or both."

more_horiz
Ivy nodded seriously, before holding out a flat palm, and mimicking writing motions on it. In her mind, she could already start to picture a nice little forest glen, where their subsequent story could take place. Excitedly, she dropped her hand into her pocket and fished about for her pen. Then she found it, and held the item out to Loika. Now all they needed was paper, though, where would they find enough to write a story?

more_horiz
Loika sat back on the chair, Mackenzie looking sleepily at Ivy and her mom. Loika was enjoying the sun coming in through the window. She used to love laying out in the sun as a wolf and letting the rays warm her. She almost dozed off when she remembered her and the girls were writing a story.

She sat up and yawned. " Sorry girls i got a little too relaxed. Okay. what should our nice wolf do? I bet she has some nice little friends too. too little girl bunnies named Mackenzie and Ivy." She giggled and tickled both of the girls.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum