X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompletegotta do what you gotta do ( R)

more_horiz
Loika sat in front of her mirror at the mansion a long time before she finished getting dressed. She had been working this second job for a little while and so far no one had noticed. She kept it a secret enough that even Peter hadnt noticed. Then again he was so busy. But with what? She put her trenchcoat on over her outfit and headed out. It was late. No one would even notice.

She dropped Mackenzie off at her favorite babysitter on her way to work. There was no way she wanted mackenzie at her 2nd job. Another mutant girl she made friends with had told her about the job. It was a gentleman's club. Peter may or may not be mad if he found out but you gotta do what you gotta do. Mackenzie needed to be cared for and Loika was hoping to go to a dance school. She needed the money.

She arrived at the "Kitten Cage". She laughed at the name at first. Not so much anymore. She worked here when she wasnt slowly getting back to the diner. She went to her dressing table and took off her trenchcoat. She sat looking in the mirror more. She reached under the dressing table and pulled out a bottle of Jack Daniels. She poured a little glass and sipped. She had bought some fake IDs and stuff from Abby's boyfriend Jake. Thats how she got the job here. And the Alcohol. She let out a few deep breaths and headed for the curtain. Showtime.

She waited inside the curtain, waiting for her music to cue. Her music started and she pranced out of the curtain. Most of the girls here smiled. Apparently Loika's smile just creeped customers out. So her gimick was that she was a dark dangerous beast. If only they knew. She performed her routine, not knowing if someone in the crowd knew her or not.

Last edited by Loika Faelith on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: gotta do what you gotta do ( R)

more_horiz
The 'Kitten Cage'.. Seriously?
Kelly couldn't resist checking this place out. He wanted to see how the gentleman's clubs of New York stacked up to Vegas, as it were. So far, he wasn't very impressed. The girls were appealing.. though honestly if you'd seen one pair of tits, you've seen them all.
Mostly, he liked the thumping bass and the environment. People weren't aware of how silly they were when hormones and booze went to their head. It was fun to watch.

Expecting nothing else interesting to happen, Kelly sat at a table for two by himself, nodding and giving his fake smile to the big-breasted waitress in shorty-shorts that was trying too hard to get a big tip out of him. Sipping on the fourth Coke and SoCo she'd brought him, Kas glanced to the stage as music that sounded a bit darker and edgier began to play.. and the DJ announced the next dancer, Luna.

"Bloody fucking hell." Kas snorted, discreetly leaving his seat and sticking to the darker areas.. not that the club wasn't shady enough, in every sense of the word.
He slowly approached the stage, keeping his head turned as if occupied with scoping out the other girls wandering the floor.

Kas stood there like a shadow, waiting for Luna to turn around.
"Lookin' pretty good for a chick who just had a baby.." He said between the beats of the music.

more_horiz
As her song ended and she was stepping off of the stage she heard a voice while she was tying the straps back on her top. She recognized it and saw Kelly. She jumped in surprise and slipped on the last step. Oh god. he saw..." She thought to herself.

She started to open her mouth to retort back and saw her boss staring from the bar. He didnt look pleased. " Boss is watching, just play along." She smiled and pretended to ignore the owner. She danced in front of Kelly but didnt dare touch him. " Im not just a wolf girl." She said just loud enough to hear. " I also have healing factor. Ill look young like this for maaaany years to come. I heal from injuries pretty fast." The visible parts of her body still had scars all over. A barcode from the lab that owned her as a kid was tatooed onto the back of her neck. most of the clientel here just figured she was dark, dangerous, and mysterious. They found it hot. Humans could be so stupid. She was trying to hide the anxiety of why Kelly would possibly be here.

more_horiz
Playing along wasn't difficult. He could pretend to be interested in the feminine form swaying in front of him.. Though he was watching her face.
"That must be handy."
He commented dryly on Loika's statement that her body could repair itself at such an amazing rate she could counteract the aging process. It didn't come as a surprise to him.
Kelly's stare was blank. He was trying to hold back any judgement, but.. he was finding it incredibly difficult. Why?
He knew of plenty of mothers in Vegas who danced for a living. It shouldn't have bothered him that Loika was here.. but it did.
Maybe, he justified, it was because he risked something for her and her child. There was a personal investment already. An attachment, of some sort.

"So... how is Mackenzie?" He asked passively, veiling the hint that Loika should really be at home with her infant rather than here in this den of sin.

more_horiz
Loika looked sad at the mention of Mackenzie. She didnt want to be here but she needed the money and she wasnt making enough at Mel's diner. Peter was still struggling with work. " Shes alright. Shes adjusting to me going to work now. Getting bigger. She has a new playmate at the school." She said and continued to sway. Jack Daniels was still on her breath from before work.

She wasnt stupid, she knew what he was getting at." This isnt my favorite place in the world but i need money. Im used to people seeing me naked and these people pay me to see me somewhat naked. In a way its win win" She was feeling a tad defensive. As a waitress walked by with a tray of whiskeys for some customers, Loika snagged one and threw it back quickly. She put the glass back on the tray and the waitress laughed at Loika. the waitresses and dancers got along pretty well here. It was the owner that could be a dick sometimes.

more_horiz
Kas smirked as Loika explained her justification and grabbed a shot of whiskey. He couldn't say much about that, already buzzing. As feeble as the excuse would have sounded, it helped him keep his racing thoughts to a minimal level..

"If it's all about money, I can help with that."
Kas was normally not the type to have a conscience. He'd extort a man for his last dollar if the sucker would give it to him. At least, that's how he lived in Vegas. Needless to say, while he kept up his old tricks here in New York, he had to think about this one.

Loika was already putting herself at risk here, so to speak. He couldn't believe the foolishness..
So, he decided to state his thoughts.

"You're going to do something for me, though. I didn't have to help you or your kid, but I did, and everyone made it out alive. I can't take all the credit for that.. but it did make me realize having someone to help make a plan come together is not as bad as I thought."

Kas knew better than to touch Loika. Instead he beckoned her away with the sort of 'come hither' gesture anyone might expect in a place like this. He went back to the table he'd been at before, catching the waitress on the way by and telling her to get them two 'Brass Balls'.
Now that he'd be paying for Luna's time, he pulled up a chair and sat close; keeping up appearences as well as making it easy to converse in quiet secrecy.

"There is a job I have to do. You and I have some things in common.. and I think this is something you could lend me a hand with.."

more_horiz
Loika followed him to his table, recieving a slap on the ass here and there along the way from various patrons. She dealt with it with a smile and a fake giggle each time on the outside but on the inside it made her seethe with anger. She was curious as to what Kas had in mind. What was this plan?

At the table she sat next to him and made a show for any curious onlookers who stared of crossing her long legs. Her leg touched his, keeping up the charade that she was with a customer. She continued the fake smile and flirtacion as they waited for their drinks. " Im not only saving money to care for Mackenzie but im saving money for school for myself. I wanna go to dance school." She said as the waitress brought the drink. It wasnt a secret to the other girls she had a kid. They were all impressed at her figure and a bit jelous of her for bouncing back so quickly. " So... whats this Job you want help with? and lemme guess. i have no choice but to help you or else you will tell on me?"she said after the waitress left.

more_horiz
"There's a smart girl." He replied to her guess. Kas wasn't above blackmail in the least. In fact, most people he encountered made it hard not to play their secrets against them. He really wasn't trying to threaten Loika with anything, but it did ensure she wasn't going to tip someone off once he informed her of the plan.

"I'm going to break into Chry-tech facilities. There's a medication they're working on, it's to supposedly prevent genetic defects.. mutants being the defect."

If it was true.. He wasn't sure if he wanted to believe the man gangplanking him into doing this job. Maybe the guy was really having him fetch a super-virus, and just telling him that story so Kas would feel some small amount of conviction for the cause.

"At any rate, I've seen you in action before. You could be a big help in locating it."

While Kas was good at infiltration, he didn't have eyes in the back of his head, nor the kind of senses the wolf could bring to the situation. There was also the worrisome fact that the headaches were getting worse every time he continually used his power.
One of these days, he figured, his head would just pop like a can of frozen soda.

"You're not only doing this because I'm telling you to, though. If you are serious about going to school, I'm more than willing to compensate you for the trouble."
The smartass little smirk he wore to pretend they were flirting gave way to an actual smile for a short flickering before he picked up the mixed shot of Gran Marnier and Goldschlager, tossing it back.
"You already have talent. I think you would go far in dance school."

more_horiz
Loika faked a a flirtacious movement of putting her hand on his shoulder and acted like she was laughing at something funny he said. She shot down her own drink and laughed for real. " So basically you need an attack dog to collect a cure that may or may not exsist in one of the most protected labs this side of the country." She moved her glass around in her hand, watching the ice ball roll around in the glass. The kitten cage was always keeping up with the latest drink trends. The ice ball, instead of cubes was very popular.

She looked up and smiled. From a distance you couldnt tell but her canines were slightly longer than the average human's. Her naturally ice blue eyes were glowing a little brighter now, like a predator. " Alright i'll do it. I guess i have no choice. But why are you trying to stop a cure? Maybe if some of us had the choice we wouldnt want to be freaks." She looked down as she said it. " One of my teachers used to say i was an incredible dancer. He used to catch me practicing in the fighting studio at the school. Not this kind of dancing of course."

She opened her mouth to say more and the owner walked up. He was forcing a smile. " I hope Luna is keeping good company for you sir. She tends to have a bit of an attitude problem sometimes. But the men seem to like it around here. Shes like a little untamed animal." He reached out to touch her cheek and she pulled away, making a look of disgust. " But animals can be tamed. Is there anything else we can get for you tonight?" He gave Luna a brief unpleased look before smiling at Kas again.

more_horiz
Biting back the urge to say something purely to spite this guy, Kas smiled faintly back at the club owner.
"I'll be fine, thanks. I like them wild and fiesty."
The pretentious club owner took the hint and went to bother someone else.

Kas waited until he was gone and made a sour face, shaking his head.
"Dick."
He went back to the conversation without missing a beat.
"We were all made this way for a reason.."
Kas didn't take very well to the idea of a 'cure'. There was nothing to be cured. It wasn't a problem that needed a remedy. The existence of mutants simply needed to be accepted for what it was- only natural.

Setting his phone down with a map pointing out the location of the facility, he let her have a look over it.
"I guess it's settled, then. Compunctions or no. I'll meet you there at midnight."

more_horiz
Loika looked at it quickly it helped but not much. She leaned in close, her face close to his neck. To anyone watching it would just look like an intimate gesture. Really she was sniffing deeply. She was one of the best trackers in this area. She could pick up a scent in a couple of feet of snow.

When she was done sniffing. She sat back again. " maps are fine and dandy but nothing beats my nose. Its better to find you if you get off course." she reached into the glass with her fingers and took out the ice ball, licking the last of fhe alcohol off of it. " do me a favor. Dont tell anyone, especially peter that you saw my chest kay?growing up in a lab im used to people seeing me. All of me. So these guys in here seeing my chest is nothing. I know you cant understand what it is like to be a lab rat." she glanced around as they talked. She was making sure no one was listening. It was about time to go on to other customers otherwise things would start to look suspicious.

more_horiz
Loika's close proximity failed to unnerve him. The only attraction they held was as friends, who had something in common.
Leaning in, Kas gave an intense stare. He caught her chin with his fingertips and made her face him. It was like staring down a bird of prey watching you; there was only a matter of time before it swooped in to strike.

"I wouldn't understand? I lived all but the last seventeen months of my life in one facility. Until then, I was an object of property. Modesty is a human trait, and I've only begun learning any of that."
He removed his fingertips and sat back to shove his phone back into the empty pocket where it belonged.

"Don't worry. As I stated, your secrets are safe with me."
He lifted her empty glass, tucking a few bills under it. Loika would probably gape when she investigated.
"Consider this a down-payment.. and go home. I'll see you later."
Smiling and winking at her on the way out, Kas left without another word to anyone.

more_horiz
Ooc: if u r satisfied this thread is complete i will mark and move it

more_horiz
((ooc- give it the heave-ho then :) ))

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum