X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteExploring The Square(R)

more_horiz
Eve had been in New York for 5 months now,but she hadn't visited any new places.She heard some people talking about going to Times Square and decided to go check out what this Square is all about.
She dressed herself into a warm outfit,and made her way outside and towards her motorcycle.
Thankfully she had her motorcycle to move around town ro else she would have to find a ride.

She mounted her motorcycle and stepped on the gas,running down the road and towards the Times Square.
As soon as she reached her destination,she parked her motorbike outside a jewelery store,and decided to go on foot from there.
She sighed,locked her motorcycle,and started walking down the sidewalk.

Last edited by Evelyn Fireheart on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: Exploring The Square(R)

more_horiz
Jeff who just got out from an local Japan Store and inside of the bag it was A famicom(Japan's Nes) and a Super Famicom( Japan's snes) with some games for that. He saw someone that he kinda meet before. He said to Her" Hello, How is your New year is?" He still carry his stuff and said those to the girl. He look at his body and said" Well that is new?"

more_horiz
Eve was walking down the sidewalk,face down,thinking.
She had missed Kas a lot,and wanted to go over to his house,but after that phone call Eve's heart had crushed.
She didn't know what he was doing,but he decided not to let her know.
For some reason he didn't trust her,but instead,he trusted another woman to help him.
And that pained her even worse.

Her mood wasn't the best.She was an emotional wreck.
She wanted to just go home and cry her eyes out,but her ego was just too big.
She loved him,and still does after all this,but she had never told him and now she is standing there knowing that he trusted another woman for something he didn't even tell her.

She was ready to turn around and ran back to her motorbike.These days had been extremely rough and she wanted to cry,and cry,'till there weren't any more tears.
That's when she heard a voice calling out for her.She looked up to see a man smiling at her.
She wasn't in the mood to answer anything,so she simply gave him a nod.Then,she turned back to being sad.

more_horiz
Jeff saw her face and she was crying about something. He Run to her and said" Hey, Why are you crying?" He went back saying" Look i know i not a doctor or any of those cool doctors things today, but what i am is a friend, a friend want to help his friends out with anything they have, so please can you please tell me what wrong?"

more_horiz
Eve was continuing walking down the sidewalk,when she felt someone next to her.
She saw the man standing there,asking her what was wrong,and she couldn't help but let more tears run down her face."It's nothing,really.,she mumbled,then turned around and continued walking.

She didn't want him to see her in such a mess.
She had no make up on today,seeing that she had been crying all day long for Kas..
She couldn't believe he had hung up on her like that.He didn't even tell her where he was or if he was okay.Didn't he trust her anymore?
"Please..just leave me alone...",she said and ran down the sidewalk.

more_horiz
He saw the girl was running away, she want to be left alone. He said to himself" We all have days like that, But what if something happen to her?. He look around the square then found a local store. He use his free running skills to get up there. He use some of the step ladders from the building to get on top. Then He went from Roft to roft by free running to see what going on?"

more_horiz
Shikon was walking down the street, he still favored his leg from the wood seeing as it was still sensitive, when a woman bumped into him. "Hey! Watch where" Shikon caught himself mid-sentence. It was Eve, and she was crying. "Hey Eve! Eve!" Shikon jogged to catch up with her. He touched her shoulder lightly. "Eve what's wrong with you? Why are you crying?" Shikon wasn't sure what was going on, but if someone hurt her they were in for it.

more_horiz
Eve was too sad to even care where she was running towards to.
Her eyes were blury from the tears,making everything really difficult to see.But she didn't want to see anyone else than Kas at that moment.But sadly this wasn't possible.
She kept running and running,the wind hitting her face.
The wind...
How ironic...the wind was hittin her face and her Wind,kept hitting her heart.
How much pain could she handle?

She was thinking all these things over and over again,tying to understand what was going on,when she bumped into someone.She took a step back mumbling,"Sorry...",before starting running again.
She ran a little slower this time,seeing that all this crying had worn her out,when she heard her voice being yelled.
She turned to find Shikon right there,asking her what's wrong.
Eve just hugged him and started crying in his shoulder.

Last edited by Evelyn Fireheart on Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
Shikon was caught by surprise when Eve hugged him, and started crying. For a moment he wasn't sure what to do. The he hugged her back, she was family, and it was his job to make them feel better. He rubbed her back gently. "Eve. Eve it's okay. Don't worry, everything is going to be okay." Shikon just let her her cry, and cry. It was all he could do. He just kept rubbing her back and saying "Eve it's going to be okay. Please tell me what's wrong?"

more_horiz
Eve pulled back a little to look at Shikon.The tears were making her vision blury,making really hard for her to see.
She raised one hand,and with the back of her hand she wiped some tears away torn her eyes.
She was taking deep breaths,trying to calm herself down,but the sobs were still coming out.
After a while,she calmed down a little,and was able to talk without bursting into tears with every word.

"I-I l-like a m-man,and w-we had g-gone on a few d-dates and I-I t-thought that h-he l-liked me too...b-but he kind of c-cheated on me...b-but we aren't t-together...I c-called him and h-he h-hung up on m-me...but I h-heard a f-enable voice talking too...and...",but she couldn't continue,because she burst out crying again.
"B-but I-I l-love h-him!",she said before another sob came out.

more_horiz
Shikon listened to her intently. After she finished speaking he sort of knew the situation. He barely had time though to brace himself for the next few sobs. He hugged her again, and rubbed her back. "Whoever it is was being an ass. He shouldn't have done that to you. If he doesn't feel the same way about you then shame for him. He doesn't know what he's missing. Eve we're family, and I take care of my family. You just give me a name, and an address and I'll teach him a lesson on being an asshole to my family." Shikon looked at Eve smiled, and laughed. He wouldn't really hurt the man she loved, although he might threaten him a little.

more_horiz
Lakai came out of one of the shops with a bag in her hands. Her outfit made her look like a dark vision of a school girl. She had been shopping for a couple of new shirts since some of her old ones were a little difficult to put on with a cast. Since she was supposed to shift she would be catching a ride with Shikon, if she could find him.

She rounded the corner and checked her phone for texts. Nothing, not even a call. She locked her phone again and looked up. Shikon was hugging a girl. A very pretty girl from what she could see. She crossed her arms, which was a little akward and hard with a cast on one arm. " Am i interrupting something?" she said with slight irritation.

more_horiz
Shikon heard Lakai behind him. "Am I interrupting something?" Shikon turned around and smiled at Lakai revealing Eve's red face from crying. He motioned for her to join him. When she reached the two of them he spoke. "Some asshole hurt he feelings. I was comforting her. No need to worry babe. You know you're the only one for me." He smiled at Lakai.

more_horiz
Lakai looked from Shikon to Eve. She trusted shikon, and the girl did obviously look like she had been crying. She scratched her head with her casted hand and tipped her head to the side, a gesture her and Loika both shared. She was not good with crying people. She didnt do emotions well. " Eh fuck em cupcake. I had to kiss alot of frogs before i found my favorite toad." She grinned at Shikon, knowing her outfit could be pretty distracting to him.

more_horiz
Shikon laughed when Lakai said that. "Oh so I'm a toad now huh?" He looked at Eve and noticed she was smiling. "So Eve you think it's funny?" Shikon laughed again. At least Eve is feeling slightly better. And Lakai doesn't look half bad either he thought to himself smiling. "Today is only going to get better for everyone." At least Lakai seemed to be a little calmer now.

more_horiz
Lakai jiggled the bag in her good hand and half smiled. " Well i got what i came for. Im not a girly girl in the least but from what i gathered most girls go shopping when they need to feel better. Shopping therapy or something like that." Lakai looked uncomfortable but at least she was trying. " I guess i could help and go with you or something. Ya know so you dont feel alone or whatever." Lakai was starting to look like an akward 15 year old for once and not the fearless fighter she usually was.

more_horiz
Shikon smiled. "I think that's a great idea Lakai. You and Eve should go shopping, and spend some time together. Help Eve relax, and do fun stuff that girls normally do. Eve I think you should go with Lakai. You two need to be better friends anyway." Shikon smiled at Eve, and then looked at Lakai. "You two play nice, I have a few errands I need to run. So I'll see you guys later." Shikon hugged Eve once more, and walked over to Lakai, and kissed her on the cheek. "You two have fun."

more_horiz
Little to anyone's knowledge, the very source of Eve's troubles was hanging around the Square.. sorta.
Kas stood on the tippy-top of one of the higher parapets of the old NY Times building. How the heck did he get up there? It was a challenge; but that was the point of it.
Enough time had passed, lying in bed, mending and moping. He couldn't stand it for long. Kas would be going right back to it, after some excersize to test how everything felt... and a stop for more booze.

After taking the elevator as high as it was allowed, Kas had found an exit and proceeded to climb the outside of the building, going up the shadowed side so that no one really took notice of him. It wouldn't have mattered, even had someone noticed. He would be gone the very next instant. Pushing himself at a reckless pace, Kas could have passed for a an urban ninja.. or a monkey. Then he'd spent quite a while on the rooftop, listening to the sounds that rose from the streets, picking out those he wanted to focus on. Part of this trip was to find out if any of the public was talking about the break-in at the pharmaceutical laboratory. Did they have any idea who did it? What level of investigation was going on? Were they going to trace anything back to him and Loika?

Now, Kas balanced on an ironwrought roof ornament, looking down at Times Square. The people and traffic moving ever on. From here, people were just colored dots. He had no idea who was who, or that anyone he knew was around; too focused on certain words and tones of voice surfacing in the river of noise.

Something caught his eye and pulled his attention away, however. A blurry shadow vaulting across rooftops like a pro, not missing a beat. This was intriguing. Kas decided he had to go check it out, and it was a good way to see if he was still on his game.

Jumping down from the rooftop, Kas kept his momentum going and rolled as he landed, coming back up on his feet to run down the next sloped roof. Kas was heading straight for the 18-story drop, and not slowing a bit.
A horrible pasttime that grew even more with Vegas' fertile prospects, Kas took a gamble.
He jumped off the ledge, and everything drifted to a listless suspended slow-motion.
Kas turned in the air to face the building, and grab ahold of the nearest windowsill under him as he seemed to float right to it.

From there, he went sideways to the fire-escape of the next nearest building, making a leap that would have seemed nuts, if not for his ability that allowed him to counteract the force of the fall.
Kas quickly made his way from one building to another, running across rooftops, climbing and jumping while keeping tabs on the other fast-moving body cutting a path through the smoggy New York skyline.

When the person stopped to look over the edge of a rooftop, he was able to catch up.
Then Kas realized he should have recognised the movements and capability of this person..
They weren't in a forest, but the same principles of high ground still applied.

He hopped to the rooftop where Jeff was standing, and waved, walking over to him.

"Hey, Fido. Long time, no smell." Despite the seemingly rude greeting, Kas smiled a little bit. "How have you been?" He glanced at the bags in Jeff's hands.
"What's that peice of antiquated electronics I see? A Super Nintendo.. I used to have one of those." Odd it was when Kas actually had a hobby to talk about, considering his former life as a lab-rat, so he couldn't resist bringing it up.

more_horiz
Jeff saw Kelly and he answers" Hey kelly, And yeah your are right it have been a long time, and yes what i got in the bag is a Super Nintendo i love these thing me and my dad use to play these when the weekends hit and we stay up all night playing this, mom will get mad at us becouse of that." He look at the rooftop and back to kelly then said" There is a local Store that sell this in good shape, so i pick up that a few games plus a Nes, in the school i allready have a N64, Ps3 and a Dreamcast there.
He took a brake and said to Kelly" So what u doing up here?"

more_horiz
Eve looked at Lakai and smiled sadly.When she called Shikon a toad,she couldn't help but smile a little more.
These guys always knew how to cheer her up.They were her family.
Shikon's idea wasn't bad.She needed something to take her mind off of Kas anyway..if that was possible.
"We could go shopping if you want.I wouldn't mind.",she said and walked towards her.On the way towards her she glanced up at the houses and stopped dead in her tracks.

There was Jeff,talking to another man.Her man.The man that made her sob just a few seconds ago.
She shook her head and ran towards the house.She stood close enough and yelled,feeling the hot tears coming back.
"Kas..?",she said but it was barely a whisper.She mastered all her courage and yelled louder this time.
"Kas!"
This couldn't be..after the phone call he didn't even try to call her back and now he appears out of nowhere to make her even worse.

Last edited by Evelyn Fireheart on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Jeff hear Eva calling foe Kelly. He said to Kelly" Well Kelly that is your girlfriend calling and as for me these old school video games won't play thereself, it was really nice to see you once more kelly. He look down once more to see her and loika's sister laika, he look at kelly once more and said" before i leave i have to say you and eva make a good boyfriend and Girlfriend."

With that Jeff Rush to a Another Rooftop and went back Freerunning back to the school.

more_horiz
Jeff's explainations caught his interest. Hearing about other people's families and childhood usually did; never having had either of his own. Just about as he was going to answer Jeff's question of what he was doing up here, Kas heard something that hooked his attention- Eve's voice calling him.
Kas paled instantly. It wouldn't been the first time in his life he heard haunting voices..
He looked over the side of the building and felt even more chilled. There she was, with Loika's little sister, and some rugged-looking guy. Eve was staring straight up at him.
While he was frozen still, Jeff excused himself, making an easy remark that struck home like an arrow to the heart.
"Whaa?"

Blinking, Kas quickly looked back in time to see Jeff vaulting off the rooftop and continuing fluidly on his way.
Left with a hard-hitting truth that had been so easy for a newly found friend to see; Kas didn't know what to do. He felt like all the breath had been stolen from his lungs. His heart started to drum in his ears. A dizzying light quickly bloomed behind his eyes, and pounded his brain senseless. Nothing but white-hot pain could make it through.

Kas flinched, then staggered, landing on hands and knees.
As the pain barely began to ebb, Kas became aware that he wasn't breathing. He focused on that. Breathe. It seemed to take forever, but the agony was starting to fade.

As soon it cleared enough, Kas got to feet and ran.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum