X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Arriving the Long Way

descriptionCompleteRe: Arriving the Long Way

more_horiz
Luna smiles at Nolan and Cameron. "I'll show ya around the area if ya like with Cameron...maybe in my baby seeing as I haven't driven her in a long time!" She gives them a grin. "If ya get a bike, always pick one that reflects you...that was what my cousin said all the time. He's a bike fanatic but since he has a family now, he can't really get one. He has a normal bland family car..." She shrugs and makes a mental note to call him again and check on the rest of his family along with her own but mostly her brother. She looks at Cameron to see her blushing and she winks at her with a goofy grin. She moves her bow due to it slipping her shoulder, adjust it and smiles. She senses the uneasiness in her words and wanted to lighten the mood.

more_horiz
"Ha, thanks, ill probably take you both up on that once im settled in." he said After offers from both of the girls to show him around. Nolan noticed Cameron's body language change completely after Luna mentioned hr having wings and being able to fly. He noted her blushing. "So you can fly. That's pretty cool. Being able to wander the skies. I have to plan where I'm going using my teleportation. Though I can free fall by teleporting into the air. That's always a rush." He said. "Don't be afraid to show off your wings. It takes most people years and lots of money to earn their wings as pilots. You get yours for free." He told her picking up his bag and stepping closer to both of them.

more_horiz
Cameron eased at Nolan's words and Luna's wink. She smiled slightly and gently spread her wings, allowing them to unsnap the quick-release snaps that held the flap of her over-sweater over them. She was careful to not spread them too far, as they were inside, but she spread them just enough to allow their color to show before settling them in their neutral position. Being that they were inside, she didn't have her harness on to hold them in place; just the sweater to cover them up. She raised her eyes to the others, shyly. "Sorry, still getting used to it being ok..." she said. 

more_horiz
Mackenzie took a step out from behind Luna and final spoke up with her real voice and not with her mind. " My daddy teleports too. He teleport other people. Mommy hates it cause it makes her wanna puke. I think its fun." She looked up at Cameron and Nolan curiously. All the minds buzzing around her were alot too process all at once.

more_horiz
A smile spread across Nolan's face as Cameron extended her wings. " Wow!" He said stepping back a bit. " Thats really cool!" he said looking at her with her wings. "You have no need to apologize." He said to her. " Everything takes time. All processes just needs a first step to be taken." He told her. His attention was then taken away from Cameron when a small voice spoke up. Nolan looked down to see the little girl that had been hiding behind Luna talking to him. He knelt down on a knee. "It certainly can be fun." he confirmed. " I think I can teleport with others as long as I'm making contact with them. I'm sorry, but I still don't think I know your name." he said

more_horiz
Mackenzie was an odd child. Her face was almost always emotionless. it was best not to play poker with her. " Mackenzie Brooke Jackson. I was born less than a year ago." The girl standing before him seemed to be close to 5 years old.

"My mommy is Loika Faelith and my daddy is Peter Jackson." She finished her popcicle. " Im a telepath. I can read minds and influence people to do things. I cant use my powers on mommy for some reason though. It doesnt work."

more_horiz
Natasha was walking down the stairs with a set of rollerblades hanging from her shoulder. Her nose was in a book. The cover was in Russian. Without looking where she was going she ran into Nolan. She dropped the book and the rollerblades and let out some choice words in Russian. She apologized quickly to Nolan and scrambled to grab her things. " Na- I am very sorry. my apologies." Her voice was thick with russian accent.

more_horiz
Nolan was listening to Mackenzie talk about herself and her family when Nolan was bumped into and sort of tripped over. He probably would have fallen himself had he not been kneeling, inadvertently table-topping whoever had run into him. He merely rolled to the side and ended up sitting on the floor. He reached over to help pick up her book, but she'd gotten to it first apologizing in the process. "Relax." Nolan said while standing up. " I know how to fall, and I didn't have far to fall to. Don't sweat it." He said. He noticed her accent as well as the cover of the book being in Russian. "You don't have to worry about me trying to take your book either, I can't read Russian." He said giving a friendly smile. " Though I do quite like books." He added in.

more_horiz
Natasha blushed bright pink and dropped her book when she got a look at the guy. He was kinda cute. The horror hit her that she had knocked him over and she gulped. He was being really nice about it. She scouped up her roller blades and nervous smiled. " I- i really like book. I try to read more in english so that i learn better english. Maybe we read together sometimes. I leaving for park. I like rollerblade. you welcome to join." She tried to speak english correctly. It was hard not having enough practice but now the boy was making her nervous.

more_horiz
Nolan noticed she seemed a little jumpy and on edge, to the point where she dropped her book again. She started talking about how she liked books and used them to help her learn English. She offered reading together sometime as well as a general invite to come to the park. "I might take you up on those." He said. " I haven't been in New York very much at all. It'd be good for me to see some of the city . Depending on how soon I can get moved in." He said kicking his bag beside his foot.

more_horiz
" I am from russia originally. Parents move here with na- i mean myself and twin brother Alek. I come to Xavier institute for gifted when Professor Xavier still here. Professor Andrews bring me back from past." She played with the ends of her hair with almost a cute shy look on her face. It was nice to see another face here who didnt know anyone or anything.

more_horiz
Cameron smiled at Nolan's comment about her wings. It was nice to hear things like that. They helped her be a little more comfortable with her mutation. When Mackenzie spoke, she looked down at her with brown eyes smiling. "It's very nice to meet you, Mackenzie," she said gently. This must be the daughter that Loika told me about before. She looks no more than 5... 

As she was listening to Mackenzie share a little about herself and her family, she was surprised to see Nolan get tripped over by another girl. Cameron watched as the girl, Natasha, and Nolan spoke and picked themselves up. "Hi, Natasha. I'm Cameron," she offered, introducing herself to the girl. "I've always wanted to visit Russia. I lived in Ireland until.... Well, until I was sent here, to America..." she added brightly at first, but then sadly." When she noticed Nolan tap his bag with his foot, she shook her head and smiled, "Nolan, perhaps we should find Mr. Andrews to help you get a room and settled in."

more_horiz
Natasha nodded to Cameron. " Where i come from very cold. Miss the cold. Have not been there since little girl. Not sure you would enjoy it so much. Your country drink alot. My country drink more." After the last statement she laughed hard like she had just made a joke. She had rarely laughed since she arrived at the school. For the most part she kept to herself.

more_horiz
"Past?" Nolan asked curious what Natasha meant. He turned to Cameron as she talked about being from Ireland. Nolan had thought he'd heard some hints of an accent before, but didn't say anything about it. "Wow." he said giving a little chuckle after Natasha made what seemed to be a joke. "Both of you are from much further than I am. I'm just from Chicago. Same country, but way different than New York City." he said. He shifted his eyes to Cameron who had mentioned going to see about getting him settled in. " Yeah. That would be good." He said picking up his bag.

more_horiz
Cameron laughed lightly at Natasha's joke. "I will agree that they do drink a bunch," she said with a shrug. "It's wet where I come from a  lot, but I don't miss it really. I like the sunshine," she added. When Nolan picked up his bag, she commented, "If you like, I can take you to his office." 

more_horiz
"That'd be appreciated."  Nolan said when Cameron offered to take him to Mr. Andrew's office.

more_horiz
Cameron smiled at Nolan and motioned for him to follow. She waved and smiled at all the others before heading towards Jason's office. 

more_horiz
Cameron started to walk in a direction away from the group. Nolan took a few steps following her before turning to give a half wave- half salute to the group he'd been talking with before turning back around. He took a step, mid-step he teleported, disappearing and reappearing with dark colored wisps next to Cameron, walking next to her allowing her to lead the way.

more_horiz
Natasha blushed when Nolan gave then a wave salute thingie. She could feel the heat in her cheeks which only served to make her turn redder. She attempted to wave back but was only able to raise her hand halfway before giving up in emberassment and heading for the door quickly with her rollerblades.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum