X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

A quiet place.

descriptionCompleteA quiet place.

more_horiz
Roger stepped into the mansion's library to find a quiet place inside to get away from the lot of young ones running around the school. He figured most children didn't fancy books that much, so he pegged the library to be a good spot. The library looked like what he'd expect from a mansion this size. Tall shelves of books, multiple levels to the library, shelves in the middle of the floor, a path between the standing shelves leading to a large fireplace with a few couches and comfy looking chairs. Being summer time, the fireplace wasn't lit. " Good place to drink." He thought out loud, talking to himself. He turned and went up the set of stairs on the left side of the library and took a seat on the second level and opened his bag he brought. He pulled out his laptop, opened it and turned it on. He turned and looked over the rail around the rest of the library as he waited for it to turn on.

Last edited by Roger Stromwell on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: A quiet place.

more_horiz
Cameron entered the library and smiled in greeting at the librarian. She was there often as it was a place that was quiet as well as being filled with all sorts of books covering all sorts of topics. Might want to check out the center left shelf. Got some new books that you might like. Cameron nodded her thanks and headed down the center section of the library and stopped when she reached the shelf the librarian had mentioned. Her brown hair was pulled back in a low-pony which contrasted against her light blue tee-shirt. She wore blue jean capris and black leather sandals. Since the temperature had been so warm, she opted to only to wear her black leather, figure-eight harness to help hold her cream wings in place. She finally felt comfortable enough to be around with them exposed most of the time. 

She found the new books and picked one of the shelf, opened it, and began to read a little bit.

more_horiz
Dakota was walking on the library overpass levitating 5 or 6 books using his papyrkinesis. He had one open reading it, when he looked over the railing to see a man looking up at the overpass on a laptop. He  was considerably older than the students here. Dakota put the books into his overarm bag and hopped over the railing. "Hey-O, I didn't expect anybody here at this time of day!"

more_horiz
Natasha had a way of not making sound when she walked. It was easy to walk up behind Dakota noiselessly. She had a book in her hand. This time this one was in english. She was trying to speak english better. She crossed her arms. " Who are you small book boy?"  She said with a thick accent.

more_horiz
Roger watched a girl come in and go find herself a book after speaking briefly with the librarian. He was just about to turn back to his computer which was at the login screen. When he heard someone drop down near him. A male voice spoke behind him. " I was hoping it'd be a quiet time of day." Roger said in his English accent. " but." He said turning around and quickly typing in his login stuff. Then turning around once logged in. " It appears people flock to people. Aye?" he said looking past and behind the boy at the blond girl who had just quietly appeared. Then he brought his attention back to the boy. " Roger." He said, introducing himself and holding out his hand.

more_horiz
Dakota jumped from Natasha talking "Oh god. Don't... Haha. Dont ever do that again..." he turned back to the man "Hello to you! Dakota. Dakota Kessler" he held out his hand and shook it. "So... You a mutant like us?" he asked as books on the table nearby floated slowly into the air.

more_horiz
Peter was walking by Dakota whom he met earlier when they took off in Blackbird during the night. He was walking past the kid when he heard the question about some new kid being a mutant, it caught his attention. "Well, of course he is mutant, dude." said Peter, with little sarcasm. "Aren't we all here because we are mutants. We haven't had a normal kid live him yet." Peter stopped and looked at the new kid, he has never seen him before and they don't come up and introduce themselves either. It's always Peter who has to do that. "So, what can you do?" he asked Roger.

more_horiz
Roger let his arm hang over the back of the chair after Dakota shook it. He was asked if he was a mutant like them. Before he could answer yes another guy came up and sort of answered that question for him, pointing out that it was a rather daft question to be asking in this of all places. After the explanation he was blatantly asked what he could do. Straight to the point, good quality, not for every time, but most times. " I'm a Technopath with a mix of Electronic Communication." He said. " I'm able to control, fix, modify technology and machinery. As well as pretty much be wired to pretty much anything, security cameras, phones, emails, and anything else hooked up to this wired world we live in now. If it's online, I can get to it." He said.

more_horiz
Dakota smirked when peter came up "Oh shut up." Dakota looked back to Roger "I would be happy if I had technokinesis. All I have is silly paper tricks." A few sheets of paper floated out his bag "I can fold it super sharp and make it into shapes." The sheets folded into a triangle and began to edge up at the point and flew towards the table next to Roger and impaled right through it. "Neat huh?" The papers then folded back into his bag.

more_horiz
Loika walked up behind peter and wrapped her arms around him in a gentle hug. She peeked from behind him at the kid. She winked at him and gave Peter a little pinch. " Would you stop being such an ole grump? I feel like im dating wilford brimley sometimes." She teased and gave peter another loving hug to reassure him she was kidding. " Dont mind Pete. Hes a big kitten. Im Loika."

more_horiz
Natasha nodded at the boys shyly and quickly dissapeared farther into the library when Peter walked in. She didnt quite fear him she just hated the way he always picked on her. As much as she wanted to meet the new comers it could wait. She decided instead to look for some new books to read. She listened in on the conversation while she looked. She liked Loika. Loika was sweet. It was hard to believe she turned into a dangerous predator.

more_horiz
Roger listened as Dakota complained about not having what he had. " Don't be bummed, we all get dealt our cards. My powers aren't that great for combat application, but that's situational." He said. Then he watched as Dakota demonstrated his powers. "That is neat." He said. " All we need is someone who can control ink and we could have ourselves a human printer." He said as a joke, not really knowing how that would work out. Then another girl came and put her arms around the other guy. She talked about him in a way that made him laugh a little bit. Then she introduced herself as Loika. "Nice name." Roger said. "But I haven't really caught his yet. Will he bite my arm off if I try shaking hands?" He asked holding his hand out to both of them.

more_horiz
Cameron closed the book and decided that she would borrow it to finish. She was just turning to leave when she heard several voices from the walk above her. She turned and spotted a bunch of students just milling around. Oh why not... Cameron walked up the flight of stairs and stopped at the top. "Lots of chatter for a library," she teased lightly, accent light on her words. She waved to Loika and smiled.

more_horiz
Peter looked at Dakota and smirked. He was right though, even if he as come across as rude a bit. "Maybe you can hack into Andrews' computer and we can check out what he has saved up there." said Peter as someone hugged him from behind. It was Loika, no one else would have done that to him. "I am not grumpy man," protested Peter as he patted her hand. "Just pointing out key factors about Xavier Institute."

more_horiz
Dakota turned to Loika "Hey there Loika." then Peter suggested hacking into Professor Andrews computer "Are you mad? If he gets caught then he's EXPELLED." Dakota looked at the time on his iPhone. " Well look at the time." A few books levitated off the shelfs and floated to his book bag. "I'll be back." He pointed back to the check out station "I have to check out some books for Ethics class..."

more_horiz
That kid took everything so seriously. Didn't he have a sense of humor? For god's sake take a joke, thought Peter as he turned to look at Loika and then rolled his eyes as the kid departed to check out some books. "No one would know, IF YOU DIDN'T SHOUT SO MUCH!" Peter yelled out the last part to make his point clear across the room. Turning back to the new kid, Peter smiled. "My name is Peter, and no I am not grumpy, I do not bite, and no I am not a softie on the inside." he said shaking Roger's hand.

more_horiz
Cameron walked over to the now smaller group. She smiled and greeted them, "Guess he's not one for jokes," she laughed lightly. "Hi, I'm Cameron," she said to the mutant she hadn't seen before. She remembered Peter from her first day there and knew Loika from their meeting in the garden. "Welcome to the Institute," she added, smiling gently.

more_horiz
Up close loika was kinda cute. Her slender frame and big blue eyes gave off a sweet and innocent appearance. Her dad used to tease her that she looked like a fawn. That thought got her distracted on hunting and her tummy rumbled. She shook her head and came back to reality.

She finally walked out from behind Peter, playfully pinching him in the side for yelling so loud. With her hearing sensitivity it hurt her ears a bit. She put her hand out for roger and shook it. "Loika Faelith. Wolf shifter. nice to meet you. My adorable demon spawns are around here somewhere." She of course joked about them being demons.

more_horiz
Roger watched as Peter poked fun at Dakota before Dakota took off with a few books following behind him. He shook his head quickly as he turned his attention back to Peter. " Nice to meet you Peter... And Loika." He said while they shook hands. "Ah, the wolf, such an incredible creature." He said. He leaned to the side as he heard another voice approaching to see who it was. It was another girl making a joke as she came up the stairs. Then introducing herself as Cameron before welcoming him to the Institute. "Roger. " He said. " Is that a hint of an accent I hear?" he said tilting his head. He knew his was a little more obvious and easy to pick up on.

more_horiz
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Roger," she said with a bright smile. At his question of whether or not he heard an accent from her, she nodded, brown eyes smiling, "Aye. I'm from Ireland originally. Do I hear one of English from you?" Her wings moved slightly as she remembered the rolling green hills of home, something she greatly about being here instead of there. But, she wouldn't trade where she lived now for anything. She was indeed home.

more_horiz
"Thought it sounded familiar." Roger said. "Took a holiday there once." He continued remembering back to that time in Ireland. " One of the rainiest weeks of my life, but far worth it." He said. Then Cameron mentioned his. "Yes, indeed it is." He said. He noticed movement on Camerons back. "Well aren't those something interesting?" He said looking at the wings curiously.

more_horiz
Cameron smiled when Roger confirmed that she was correct in the accent he had. She laughed lightly when he mentioned the rain he experienced on his holiday in Ireland. She had to agree, many of her memories showed rain and the like. But, it was still a wonderful land. When he noticed her wings, she looked over her shoulder, not even noticing that they had moved. Cameron looked back at him and turned to show her cream colored wings secured by her harness. "Thank you," she said turning back to face him. "Did I hear your powers deal with electronics?" she asked curiously.

more_horiz
Peter stood and observed Cameron and Roger, it was like watching two kindergartens meet at the playground talk awkwardly about random of things. It was getting a bit annoying. Why couldn't they just talk like normal people. "Are you two just going to stand there and talk about every tiny thing you notice. I mean if you like each other, just say so." said Peter, smirking. "But damn...you should see yourself from my point of view," he shook his head. It wasn't pretty.

more_horiz
Cameron smirks at Peter and smiles, "Just being polite to someone I just met. Forgive me for not being as forward as you." Cameron laughed lightly as she teased Peter.

more_horiz
Loika tugged on Peter and bit her lip in that sexy way only she knew how to do to get to Peter. " Cmon pete. Lets go and ill let you be foreward with me all you want." She liked being playful with him and teasing him in public.She was his balance to his moods. She made a cute pout at him and beckoned him with her finger.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum