X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Downtown Troubles (PG-13)

descriptionCompleteDowntown Troubles (PG-13)

more_horiz
Allayne hadn't been in Downtown in over a decade. The sights, the energy and the sounds! The sounds were so incredibly vibrant. Allayne remembered all those years ago, the feeling that overcame him the moment his 'ability' kicked in. So many sounds banging and jackhammering on the streets and in the air.

And now, he was back. Allayne had heard a lot about the 'mutant agenda' and even agreed with some points made on its behalf. Imagine his surprise the day Mr. LeBeau confirmed that he was a mutant.

The streets were full, indicating it was about 5pm and everyone was on their way back home. How am I supposed to find any mutant in here, much less one that will help me with my ability, he thought.

Suddenly, the flow of busy commuters changed and there was a slight commotion starting. What was going on? He started to put his sunglasses on, just in case the scleras went black and people ran screaming. The rumbling started getting worse...

Welcome to the Big Apple!

Last edited by Allayne Xeno Earheart on Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionCompleteRe: Downtown Troubles (PG-13)

more_horiz
Doran looked around the city and smirked. Mayhem Time!. He swung around the tower of the Empire State and his eyes turned a murky grey. Funnels of clouds began to pour down on the city and destroying everything in its path. The tornadoes ripped walls off buildings and ripped citizens to pieces. Doran flew upwards into the sky and dashed into the empire state building, blowing dangerously fast winds into the offices. The screams of people echoed throughout the city. Police stacked up outside the empire state, waiting the return of Doran. In a few minutes, Doran jumped out the windows of the front with his shirt pratically ripped off from the glass of the windows. As he landed on the ground, he looked at the police, who shot at him rapidly. As the bullets approached him, they reflected back striking each cop in the head. Doran smirked and looked around at the chaos happening. He was pleased

more_horiz
The sounds of glass shattering; buildings being wrenched like wrung out towels as unexplained tornadoes wreaked havoc throughout downtown.

Allayne was in shock! What kind of force could do this if not the hand of Mother Earth itself?! He ran down the street looking for anything out of place; something that would give Allayne a clue as to what was turning this city inside out.

As he reached a barricade of police cars with all the passengers shot, Allayne realized that this disaster was orchestrated with precision and not just the hand of nature. He looked around and saw a pretty big guy with dirty blond hair and gloves smirking a midst the chaos.

I think I found the dude behind the mess. Just my luck, I get my slice of crazy right off the bat! Allayne thought sourly. He started feeling the sirens wailing sounds wrap around him, ready to react. Every sound was bolder, letting him know they were there to help. With a cautious few steps within sight, Allayne called to the smirking guy. YO!, he yelled with his hands outstretched, showing this grinning time bomb he didn't mean harm.

more_horiz
Doran laughed manically until he laid eyes on a man with a unique hairstyle. Doran had a feeling he was a mutant. Only a mutant or crazy cop would step up to a crazy guy creating level 5 tornadoes. "Look. I don't hurt brothers. Please step away or join me. I'll have to remove you if you pose a threat." He smiled sarcastically as his hair blew in the wind. "Move out the way brother.". He spread his hands so wide his remains of his shirt just fell apart. The veins on his muscular arms popped and his face burned red. His eyes shimmered white and fog started to pass over the town. The fog was so thick, even Doran couldn't see. All you could do was hear the sound of screams approaching your face.

more_horiz
He's kidding, right?, was all Allayne can think of at this point.
A THREAT?! To the guy commanding tornadoes?!

Hands still outstretched, Allayne took another step forward, using the wrecked police cars as a blockade from this guy. He needed to find out what this dude's problem was.

Hey, man. I don't want trouble. I JUST GOT HERE! Allayne realized that a wrong choice of words could be all she wrote, game over, goodnight.

But these were innocent people, as far as he knew. Allayne was never one to just let bad things happen if he could stop it. These people looked like ordinary citizens. His body felt like a live wire; energy coursing around it. His eyes started to glow with that jade glow on black scleras, and he started to gather the phonons of the screams coming from everywhere. The soundwaves started to solidify, preparing to be shaped.

Look, I'm a 'brother', like you said. But I can't sit by and watch innocent people die. Do you have a reason for doing this, or is this just fun for you?. How he wished he knew what to say to this guy to stop him, but it seemed like a hopeless case.

more_horiz
Doran was feeling pissed off now. "Do I have to spell it out for you?" He sighed and all of a sudden the tornadoes froze in place. "We mutants have to spread a message to those Homo-Saipiens. They think they are better than us but we are the superior species. We are more evolved no?" He chuckled "If you understood our intentions, you would stand with us." Then the tornadoes began to erupt again swallowing civillians who come outside thinking the madness was over. The police started shooting again and Doran flicked his wrist and the entire squadron flew into the raging tornado. He began walking towards the man.

more_horiz
This was getting serious. The winds picked up, and the scene was getting worse by the minute. He had to think of something quick!

"YO!", he yelled at the guy. "I CAN'T let you kill innocent people."

Allayne could feel the eyes on him. If he had to go, it'll be helping people! But these people hate me just for what I am, he thought. But is stupidity really worthy of the death penalty? And I bet a lot of people really don't care if I'm different!

"So here's the deal, airbender!, he told the big guy with the tornadoes. "You call me your brother, and don't want to hurt me", he said, putting up a barrier with his sound/light constructs.

"But I CANNOT let ALL these people die! I understand justice onto those who have done you wrong, but blind rage isn't right."

Allayne took a deep breath and started walking towards a building full of screaming victims. Prepared to do what needed to be done, he turned his head towards his mutant opponent and said "You'll have to stab me in the back, if you decide I must die!"

more_horiz
Downtown traffic at the end of the business day was a pain in the neck. So frustrating was the mundane concern of being stuck here on the ground, waiting while cars slowly rolled forward a few feet at a time. Excessive volumes of heavy metal rattled the windows of the silver sports car while its engine choked and sputtered; demanding and end to the idling. Steam rolled out from under the hood, as if the Supra was demonstrating how its driver felt. He could have already started on making something out of the food that was going to go bad before he ever reached home with it.

Emergency sirens failed to break through the music and the headache building behind his eyes. Kas didn't notice the disaster going on nearby, until a trash can hurdled the side of the car, denting the side panel.
"Sonuvva bitch!"

Abandoning the Supra in the middle of the street, Kas walked a few steps, looking around while people were stampeding through the lanes of empty vehicles. Tornadoes were tearing through buildings, and surrounded them on all sides. Running wasn't going to get them anywhere.
"Damn. This is some fucked up weather.."

Ducking back into his car, Kas hurried to tap the camera app on his phone. Throwing that and the keys into the passenger seat, the phone caught a glimpse of the sky through the front window as tumultuous black doom spiraled overhead. If his car or the device within it survived, at least whomever found it could get the idea of what happened.

Sighing and looking back longing, Kas dissolved all at once into a spreading cloud of white mist. Sailing upward, the swarming white mass practically disappeared within the fog that blanketed the city streets. It rose above, taking a common shape as it flew uninterrupted by the blowing wind.
A small snow-white bird, probably a pidgeon, dive-bombed out of the gloom just as Allayne stopped speaking. When it looked like the pest would hit Doran head-on, it vanished.

"Do you feel like a badass, stepping on ants?"
The disembodied voice moved in the fog behind Doran, leaving a barely visable disturbance in its wake. The air around the three of them fell otherwise dead still, tempting Doran to make a move.

more_horiz
Was Allayne hearing things, in his freaked out state?

"Do you feel like a badass, stepping on ants?"

The colors came from everywhere, but how was that possible?

That didn't sound like it was meant for me, though, Allayne thought. No, he felt no less ant-like despite standing up to Mister Psycho of the East Winds! He was worried, and scared to be honest.

But where did that come from?, he thought again. Was it a distraction tactic to make Allayne lower his guard?

He was told before that the best defense was a good offense, and now was the time to test that theory. Allayne brought out the hilts he was given before leaving Cali. 'Rhythm' and 'Blues' as Remy called them, and stood his ground.

"Dis a power only you gon' be able to work, so you got de advantage 'ere!", Remy said, trying to help Allayne focus on his power forming the way he wanted. Taking a practice swing, the reed tip attached to the edge of the hilt made a low tone. Time to shine, he thought.

He focused on the low hum as the hilt rushed through the air. he solidified the tone into a blade edge, just as he was instructed to do.

"Holy shit, it WORKED!" He yelled, forgetting the dangers present for a moment.

Confidence built, it was time to see just what AXE could really do.

more_horiz
Adrienne wasn't going to stand by while one of her members and friends killed Doran. It wasn't a fair fight and Adrienne was going to even out the odds a bit. Not that Doran couldn't control himself, just that it was fun doing things together.

In a plain sight, Adrienne spotted a guy she has never seen. Instantly pulling out her daggers, she raced up to him. "I suggest you back off, or I'll have to gut you like a pig." said Adrienne with a playful smirk.

more_horiz
Doran felt the hum of sound energy nearby and the winds of the tornado bouning off of it. "So a music mutant?" He said as he put his hands out at the barrier with force. Air began to circulate and push on the barrier "Well played" Just as the sound started to disappear, A voice appeared behind him asking if he liked stepping on ants "Well how bout' you mind yo' own business!" He took one hand off the sound barrier and threw wind at the voice. He started to struggle when Adrienne appeared to the scene. He laughed "Don't you think Mr. Crazy Wind and his tornadoes and cyclones could fend for himself? Anyways I thank you for the help."

more_horiz
Doran's attack blew through nothing. There was apparently no one there.. yet a voice answered the recommendation to mind his own business.

"When some sloppy punk starts dealing out death on innocent people for no good reason, I make it my fukkin business."

A swirling half-formed shape of a person condensed from the fog, stepping forward to catch Doran's attention as Adrienne advanced on Allayne. It was now an even fight; with blades against blades, and two aerokinetics squaring off.
The humanoid figure of mist and shadows 'walked' a circled around Doran, untouched by the winds he generated. Pressure also shifted around them, and shoved back at Doran's effort to break through Allayne's shielding with equal force, holding it all at a delicate balance.

"There can't be that much pleasure for you in killing people who can't fight back. Especially with a little girl to do all the really dirty work for you.."

Kas waited for the other to try attacking again, though if it wasn't clear from the way his ghostly form was always shifting and moving, one would have to be very inventive to directly land a hit.
His and the power of his enemy shared a common domain, though Kelly's focus and manipulation of the atmosphere was entirely different. While Doran was stirring up extreme weather, things were dead calm around Kas. The wispy smoke that made up his current 'body' rolled and twisted in place unhindered.

"Are you that much of a chicken shit?"

more_horiz
So, there's the 'badass', Axe thought as a shadow-fog type of figure came on the scene.

Especially with a little girl to do all the really dirty work for you..

So the Raven-haired beauty with the daggers who just threatened Allayne to back off was indeed dangerous. Better tread carefully, he thought. I don't know her power, besides being cute. She's probably Death incarnate though.

He shifted both hilts to one hand, using his free hand to fish for a headphone. He popped it into his ear and turned on his mp3 player.

The surge of energy within him from the music gave him an increase in his barrier. It was like pour from the inside out.

He relocated the hilt and prepared himself.

Are you that much of a chicken shit?

Axe knew the gauntlet had just been thrown.

more_horiz
The strange guy with musical abilities wasn't all that intimidating. In fact, he looked like he didn't even belong in New York at all. Maybe he wasn't familiar with dangerous streets of this crazy city. And if he was one of those power hungry mutants, then he'll fit right into the place here. Adrienne flickered her daggers in her hands as she reached up to the guy she spoke to before. "If I thought you could defend yourself, I wouldn't help you out, Doran." said Adrienne as she closed in on the guy. The hell kind of name is that...

Raising her arms, Adrienne slashed at the guy, rotating her daggers as she spun around like a ballerina. There was nothing that could hurt Adrienne now. She was invincible. Who needed immortality.

more_horiz
Back stepping, side stepping, stepping anywhere he could to avoid Adrienne, Axe started to study his opponents. The guy she named Doran was making twisters, but they seemed to lack pinpoint accuracy. The force of Doran's cyclones were insane though. The woman moved fluidly, like a hellbent blender. And I'm sure dexterity isn't even her ability, He thought. She's a scary ass wild card!

Allayne knew the barrier would hold against her weapons for a time, but he wasn't going to be able to land a phosonokinetic blade on her unless something changed.

Using the sounds of the cyclones' destruction, Axe gathered the phonons and made a wave starting in front of him. The idea was to make dagger lady "ride the wave" and stumble, giving him a chance to strike.

Axe's head was pounding! The surge of adrenaline and energy mixed within felt like the equivalent of funnel chugging a 6-pack of Red Bull. But it felt good to be so wired. He felt alive, even knowing it might be his death. The anger he felt was pulsing, calling to him to just let loose. But he didn't want to hurt anyone. What would separate him from these two? Was there any difference now?

The wave took shape and raced towards Adrienne. Either she trips and gives me an opening to strike, or I get to see what tricks and abilities she has up her sleeves, he thought. There has got to be a way in which all four combatants make it through this alive.

more_horiz
Doran focused on the voice he heard. He charged forward into the voice to reveal a young man, A mutant. He had his hands on tje man's arms and picked him up "In hope you know how to fly!" He said as he shot himself into the air. As he reached the tornado clouds, Doran did a 360* and threw the man towards the tornado. Pleased with his work, Doran floated back to the ground and smiled as Allayne shot sound energy at Adrienne. In Italía, He and his brother didn't get the best of education, but he did know sound bounced off objects, creating an echo. He pulled out his extendable staff with blades on each end and extended it. He started twirling it in a professional matter and flicked his wrist. The metal staff flicked to the side and moved up and down rapidly creating wind resistance. If the sound hit, It would either be thrown off course by the winds or be reflected by his staff, shooting back at Allayne

more_horiz
Adrienne didn't hit the target she meant to, but it didn't stop her from attacking again. However, before she attempted again. She felt a powerful force suddenly push her back. She fell and slid on a ground. Quickly, getting up, Adrienne was not deterred by the failure to stop him. She threw one of her daggers at the man, in hopes that she would get him somewhere and if she didn't, well...there was always plan B.

more_horiz
Having trained well, but lacking in the real-world experience department, Kas was far from the caliber of mutant to stand up and declare himself a hero of the people. That he was not. Sometimes he was even the menace; that was simply how he worked. The death-toll of mutants still outnumbered the human casulaties, but Doran was doing would undoubtedly enrage the public, and the detriment would all fall on the shoulders of the less fortunate.. the mutants that weren't coordinated or powerful enough to escape or fight. MRD would be hunting Doran down for what he'd done; althought they wouldn't hesitate to harm any other 'freaks' in their way.

Doran's choice to attack directly rather than throw another blast of force caught Kas off-guard. For a scant moment, he became a solid being while his attacker's grip was locked around both arms. Kas only glared at the man, until he felt the other release him, and a taunting shout made it through the tearing winds that were pulling him in.

"Puhleeze..!"

Dissolving instantly into mist-form, Kas let the momentum of the throw and the natural pressure continue to carry him in toward the eye. It was near impossible to see the cloud within the dust and debris going airborne in the tornado, though the circular motion began to slow drastically. Heavier objects quickly fell from the rotation before the tornado altogether died, choked off from the inside. There were still more funnel clouds ripping through buildings, though the closest and most immeadiate threat was taken care of, and fleeing crowds now had a small margin of safety.

As Doran and Adrienne continued to concentrate their efforts on Allayne, Kas appeared behind Doran, materializing at once into the scrappy young blue-eyed blonde few recognized him as. A weaponless, tired teen in pajamas and no shoes hardly seemed like anything to fear, though a strong reaction suddenly built around Doran. The air grew heavy as if it were more dense than water, crushing in with a force comparable to deep-sea submersion.

"Too bad for you, I was born to fly."
There was no point in trying to spare these two. They were going to reap what they sowed when the consequences of their choice to visit pain and suffering on others revisited them. It wasn't Kelly's responsibility to punish them, although he did have a point to make, and he was going to make sure it was recieved. Pain makes an excellent teacher.

"I've been putting alot of my time into keeping the numbers of deaths down, but now the humans will have a score to settle. MRD has all the more reason to hunt us now. Every mutant in the city, possibly the country, will have you to repay for the horrors that you've resigned them to."

Stepping into Doran's feild of vision, Kas looked between Adrienne and Allayne, deciding the sound-bender could hold his own against the girl, while he handled the bigger problem.

"So much power, yet so little control.. You won't stand much of a chance when they come after you. Maybe I should do you the favor of killing you now, before the MRD elites come and collar you and your little girlfriend."

more_horiz
She threw a blade at me!!! Allayne let out an incredulous shout. The blade would've met its mark, had it not been for the barrier inching it to the side. Adrienne was out for blood, that was without doubt. There was no backing down now, so all Allayne could do was come up with anything he could to bring this encounter to an end.

So many lives lost, and for what? What if that was my family, just having a fun day?, he thought. The thought of any harm to them set him off like wildfire!

"MRD has all the more reason to hunt us now." The MRD was bad news; Axe knew at least that much. It sounded like some three-letter government division, with the M standing for Mutant and the D probably for Death. Axe didn't want to be involved in this fight between mutants. He didn't know if he believed in the Xavier dream he'd heard about, striving towards co-existence. But did he believe in wiping out homo sapiens as a species? No way, seeing as his siblings and parents were normal people.

"Maybe I should do you the favor of killing you now." Killing. Killing and violence. Was this going to be his life from this moment on?

"NO!" he yelled to Kas. "No more fukkin' killing! There's been enough of that today, damnit!"

Allayne knew that these two maniacs would prey on this as weakness, and the 'badass' helping him might even abandon him to his own fate. It didn't matter. Allayne knew this now. He had to knock them out or send them retreating.

But what in hell can I do as far as that?, he thought to himself. He started thinking of the properties of both sound and light. He tried to remember Remy's advise about using what comes naturally. And he knew the nightlife!

Grinding on a 'wave' to pick up speed, Allayne started using the sounds of the battle around him to surround the knife-wielder. He started focusing around her head. His goal was simple; rock her world like being too close to a speaker tower during a rave without shaking her brain like a sonic grenade.

Let's hope this works!, he thought, uncertain. Otherwise, I may be putting myself too close to her dagger's sharp end. He held on to his blade hilts like a lifeline.

more_horiz
Doran was getting pissed If you think the petty humans and their petty weapons can match our evolution, you are surely mistaken. Especially when there are more of us that you probably know. Shikon Ookami, Lakai Faelith. Just to name a few. If you wont leave us be, I have no choice but to end this.

Doran rose in the air. It was silent. The body count was huge. The tornadoes died down and fiery smoke was raining upon the city. Doran swished his hand in the air when a bunch of clouds ran over new york. It took long for the survivors that the clouds weren't normal clouds. "MONSOON!!!" Yelled a voice from the wreckage. It was unnormal for the great wind to occur in america. The winds fell on the city and blew away all the wreckage. Doran was about to flee when he remembered Adrienne was still down there. They needed to get out of there before the other aerokintec redirected the winds

more_horiz
As the new self-proclaimed destroyer of humanity hovered in the air, Kas stayed where he was, glaring up at the man while he proceeded to use the names of people he knew personally as examples. He knew Shikon wouldn't do something as foolish as this; nor would the leader of the Brotherhood endorse such dumbfuckery. Doran was young and stupid despite all his power, and sooner or later, he would find himself standing alone against unwinnable odds. He'd chosen his horrible fate. A fact Kas easily accepted: sometimes there were ones that just couldn't be saved.

"Next time, I won't hesitate."
If there was one. If he was lucky, he would be long gone from this deathtrap of a city.
Despite the unusual weather phenomena pelting the rest of NYC, the remaining three on the ground were surrounded in a guarded sphere of stillness. The roar of the monsoon was silenced, and the only sounds were the ones coming from Allayne.
His point obviously ignored, Kas once again slipped away into ethereal form. A vaporous cloud forming the vague outline of a person reformed between the two blade-weilders. It wasn't as if an accidental swing was going to harm him. The sounds Allayne produced were having some odd results as they passed through the body of mist, however. The volume decreased to a mere fraction of what it was, as though the sound had traveled a great distance away, and was now finally coming back as a small echo.

"You'd best be on your way."
He directed at Adrienne.
"Looks like your chicken shit boyfriend is leaving you behind."

more_horiz
Doran flew out of the midst of the city. What the hell was wrong with me. he asked. He hoped it wasn't one of his blackouts that he abd his brother shared since birth. He also couldn't leave Adrienne behind so he twriled around in his hand a sphere of air and energy. The air would expand from his hand and take orders from Doran. "If she wants to get out, Take her back to the mansion. If she still wants to end them, turn into a wind clone." he said as he floated the ball off to her. He then fell out of the sky and broke through rubble of one of the skyscrapers.

more_horiz
"Stand and fight, Doran!" yelled Adrienne, but it appeared that he has long left the battlefield. No matter, she could handle them herself. He would just get in the way anyway. Kas, wasn't a man to take lightly. He was an unpredictable man, with tricks up his sleeves as well, but Adrienne got some of hers as well. She wasn't going to take off, because she was not a coward. "This stand off can go one of two way. You two take off and no one gets hurt, or...I could just end you here and now." she said, smirking. "But, Kas, shouldn't you be with your pregnant girlfriend right now? I'd hate for your unborn child to get hurt." 

Hopefully, Doran picks up on a hint and goes after Evelyn. But of course, he might be too far to hear or understand any of it. Suddenly, Adrienne raised her hand and sent a force field flying at Allayne. Hopefully, she wouldn't miss this time.She couldn't have.

more_horiz
Wind blowing everywhere, Allayne noticed Doran leaving the battlefield. I think he finally understood what I was saying, he thought, pleased with himself. If not for the mist-bodied guy putting up a wind barrier, Allayne felt as though he were going to be blown away with the rest of the debris.

So it was now a shift in sides. Kas made his way in between Adrienne and Allayne. Kas' mist body had an interesting effect on the soundwave Allayne was throwing at Adrienne, and wasn't sure he could count on it working properly. He had to think of a different approach now that both he and Kas were against on lone baddie.

Adrienne seemed confident in the face of adversity. She called the aerokinetic Kas, and started yelling something about Kas' pregnant girlfriend. Would she go after her?, he thought. Or is she trying to get other people to do it instead?

Just as Allayne was going to warn Kas of what he thought Adrienne was doing, an invisible force slammed into him. His body flew and hit a brick wall. Had it not been for the barrier, his head Would've been crushed like an egg. As it was, he still felt like shit.

So, that's your ability, huh? Like a force field projectile, he thought to himself. I wonder if she can throw that if she couldn't see her target?

Pulling together the sounds all around them, Allayne lit up the photons riding the soundwaves. The result was bright strobes all over the area that felt like the paparazzi's blinding flashes. Allayne used that moment to turn on the speaker in his jacket, providing a consistent source of energy to use for his constructs. GAME ON!

"Kas, protect your girl! I'll try to end this one way or another.", he yelled to Kas. As the barrier started to glow brighter, wisps of colorful energy started wrapping around Axe. He was ready to defend himself, by any means necessary.

more_horiz
Listening to Adrienne in the quiet relative shelter from Doran's dying storms, Kas didn't show much of a reaction to the girl threatening everyone he held dear.

"What a sad lookin future for the Brotherhood!"
Although, everything had changed for the Brotherhood since MRD once captured Lakai.

Adrienne's attack blew through the foggy shape easily, as the resistance to the winds of ill omen began to break down.
The sounds of their forgotten surroundings started to leak through, steadily growing while Allayne stood and decided to give Adrienne the fight she was itching for, telling Kas to protect his own.

In a New York minute, the remaining two were flooded with grim reality.
Alarms, screaming, unsettled buildings and debris still shifting and tumbling. Smoke and dust, and the stink of disaster rolled over the area like a tidal wave.

Allyane's soundwave defense might have offered him some comfort, though the confirmation he was fighting alone likely did not.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum