X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Chasing a dream (closed to Briana Walker and Brandon Hale)

descriptionCompleteRe: Chasing a dream (closed to Briana Walker and Brandon Hale)

more_horiz
Brandon had to pause for a few seconds, collecting his breath before he could continue eating. Something about the thought of werewolves scared him, even though he so proudly spouted that he punched them, and that likely would make enemies within the lupine community. The thought that his favorite professor would be trying to kill him was more than the poor halfwit was willing to accept. Some people were looking upon Silus with the most baleful looks, one that Brandon for the most part did not seemed to notice as he simply went on eating his food, filling the empty belly that demanded satisfaction. ’I dunno…maybe he’s a vampire or something?” He said light heartidly, hoping his like for vampires would save him from the further possibility of the professor being a were. Silus spoke about their reasons for being here and pointed to a book Briana was holding, causing Brandon to awkwardly lean over the table to get a better look himself.

descriptionCompleteRe: Chasing a dream (closed to Briana Walker and Brandon Hale)

more_horiz
Briana chuckled when Silus came clean about jerking Brandon's chain about the professor running him down due to his reservations about werewolves. Taking her time eating, she noticed several pairs of eyes focused on their table. For the first time in a long while, Briana felt unnerved by all the eyes on them. Did everoyone know that all three of them were different? Moving her head to allow her blonde hair to fall in the way of her green eye, she gently tucked her hair behind her ear exposing her piercings and grey eye. Let them stare... she thought to herself.

I dunno…maybe he’s a vampire or something? Blondie's comment brought her attention to him as she pondered that option. Pointing her spoon at him, she said, "Now, that could be possible. I mean, they are night creatures, too, right? Supposed he is. If so, maybe he's one of that doesn't take to human blood. Kind of like Louis in Interview With a Vampire." She gave a small shrug. It was just as possible as anything else...

Briana took a bite of her sandwich as Silus mentioned his and Brandon's purpose for being at the ER that day before questioning hers. Noticing the black leather notebook she had next to her on the table, she set her sandwich down and put her hand on the book. Is that-? Briana nodded a little with a small smile, "It is..." Silus had told her to keep track of her dreams and visions to possibly help her to gain some kind of control over her Precognition power, and she had begun a day or two after his mentioning it. Grabbing the blue ribbon bookmark, she opened it to the page filled with the latest vision that lead her here and handed him the notebook. Silus was one of the very, very few she felt comfortable shairing her visions with thanks to that night by the fireplace. He didn't know it, but if he were to open to the first fly page of the notebook, he would find the soothing words he told her that night: Live in the present, let go of the past, and forget the future. Every dream, every vision... Try to remember, but don't let it consume you...

Last edited by Briana Walker on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
It made Silus happy that someone tried his advice. He finally had a chance to be useful and not simply a scourge to everyone else. He glanced up back tot eh eyes fixated on him. Maybe it wasn't him they were staring at. Maybe it was all three of them? Not likely...they wouldn't even have any way of knowing that Bri and Brandon were mutants. Silus was at least happy that his...'acquaintances' were safe from the leer of the hospital members. He kept pushing food around, smiling as he thought about the conversation that they had the other night. It ended a little bit awkward, but he was glad that they both seemed to forget about it...or were at least...okay with what happened. No use in dwelling on it.

"How could he teach Literature class with the blinds open...in broad daylight? I mean, aren't they like...allergic to sunlight?" Silus asked as he placed a small portion into his mouth, then going silent to avoid talking with his mouth full. He sighed and wiped his mouth with the napkin. "I uh...I'm gonna go. I gotta take care of some stuff. If you guys are still here I'll stop back." Silus said as he stood up with his trey. He walked it over to the garbage receptacles, the eyes of the medical workers still glancing back at him occasionally. He slid his barely eaten food down the silver container. He walked away, making a heading for the nearest elevator.

more_horiz
The interaction between Silus and Briana concerning the book confused Brandon slightly, if only because he was out of the loop for the most part. Likely they were talking about something involving the book, and if it required reading, Brandon was not the one to do it very much. The only real reason he was trying to read that book Professor Vitale gave him was because it was for class, and he always at least tried to do good in school. Briana agreed upon his absent minded statement about the professor being a vampire, while Silus said something about him walking around in the sunlight or something like that. ’Maybe he’s a daystalker…. Or whatever that’s called.” he suggested, after swallowing more of his food. Silus said something about having to go, Brandon’s jovial expression dipping for a moment, looking towards Briana a little confused. ”Why do I have the feeling something is going on?” He muttered outloud, lips pursing as he finished off his food.

more_horiz
For once, Brandon beat Briana to the same thought. Wasn't there another movie with vampires that walked about in the sun with no damage done? She was thinking about what those movies were when Silus grabbed her attention by standing and saying he needed to go take care of a few things. As he headed out, Briana noticed the eyes watching him closely as he took care of his tray and headed out of the room. Brandon's question made her look at him, her eyes filled with concern for their friend. "I don't know. But, I'm going to find out. Be back soon..." she said, as she picked up her tray, half-eatten food or not, and her notebook and cleared her place. As the eyes followed her, she simply gave a toss of her blonde hair, allowing boy her green and green eyes to be seen before following the same path Silus took.

Reaching the hall, she paused and looked for him. Spotting him by the elevators, she walked quickly to him. "Silus, wait..." she called before reaching him. "What's going on?" Briana asked worry, true worry, touching her words lightly, but filling her eyes completely as she looked at him. Something was up.... She could feel it....

more_horiz
Silus groaned as he heard the footsteps clicking behind him. He knew already where this was headed and he didn't want it to escalate. He wanted to go take care of some business, and it shouldn't matter what he was doing or what the heck was going on. He eventually stopped and turned around to face her before entering the elevator. She asked him what was wrong...the concern in her voice was touching, and it made Silus happy for a moment, before he recalled the gravitas of the situation. He smiled reassuringly.

"I'm fine. I'm just going to see someone I know is still around here. I'm fine, nothing is wrong, and please tell me you didn't leave our not so-bright peer alone in a room full of hot scalding objects and sick people...." He said trailing out at the last part. He was half expecting something to happen, but then again he had enough faith in Brandon to not...destroy too much. "Uhm....yeah as I said I'll be back in a little bit, not too long. I'm just popping in to say sorry is all." Silus said dismissively, stepping into the elevator and pressing the floor number that would bring him to the nero-ward of the hospital. He wasn't expecting them to let him go easily...though it's not like he expected much anymore.

more_horiz
Brandon heard what Briana said, and before he could say anything she was walking off. It was then that he realized something…he was alone. Well, not in the literal sense, seeing as there were people milling around him, but he was personally alone, no one to converse with and no on to really keep his mind in some kind of order. He glared down to the bone of the devoured chicken, taking a final bite before whining lightly to himself. Placing the bone down on the plate, he grabbed the crutches and carefully tried to hobble onto them. With all of the care the oaf could muster, he would hobble along, forgetting that he even had a plate as he walked along. Using the crutch to the best of his ability and occasionally nearly falling over as he attempted to follow Briana. The pace was a little slow but he made some progress. Eventually his eyes fell upon Briana and Silus talking about something, hobbling deliberately towards him he smiled widely once again. ”Hey guys…these crutches are hard to walk on.”

more_horiz
"I'm sure he can manage. He's not far away, should something happen," Briana answered him about blondie. Speaking of blondie, Briana turned when she heard him call after them, hobbling like crazy to get to them at the elevator. Hearing the ding of the elevator when Silus selected the floor he was going to, Briana looked back at him. Tucking her blonde hair behind her ear, she watched as the door closed and the numbers on the wall began to change stopping on the floor that held neurology. Something told Briana that even though Silus wanted to go this alone, they should follow him. Just.....a gut instinct.....

"Brandon, come on...." she called as she pushed the button of the neighboring elevator. When the door opened, she pushed the matching floor button that Silus had reached and held the door for their friend. Silus could be cross with her later for all she cared...

more_horiz
Silus walked out of the elevator and it immediately descended again. He wasn't in the habit of checking where the elevators followed after him. He took in a deep breath and he sighed when he took the first step. He ran his hands through his hair. He immediately felt his stomach sink as he walked through. He didn't even need to stop at the nurses station to ask for a room...he knew exactly where he was going. He went directly to room 421N, and knocked on the door.

"Hey-uh...it's Silus." He said, loud enough so whomever was in the bed could hear him. Well, supposedly they could hear him. Silus wasn't sure...brain activity responded to most people In coma's...but what about the "brain dead"? He stepped across the tile floors, listening to the beeping of the EKG monitor and the "swiiiiish"ing of the respiration machine. He walked over to the bedside and stood there silently for a moment. His heart stopped and his stomach truly his rock bottom, he was threatening to lose the lunch he just ate... though it was not much.

The person on the bed in front of him wasn't the same person he visited last time. No, this one had shaggy hair now, looked paler than normal and was even colder to the touch than normal. Silus' hand patted the vegetable's as his breath shook a little. He walked over to the clipboard on the end of the bed, and took it, observing the past records and lab works. Apparently there was no shift in brain activity...it was still blank. He shook his head as he remembered putting this guy into a coma.

Been a while huh?" He asked as he walked around the bed and sat in the chair.

more_horiz
Before he could really say anything to Silus, he was gone and going wherever it was that he was going. The male found himself pouting slightly, confused as to what was going on. There was something going on and he was woefully unaware of it, all that he knew was that it seemed rather important to Silus, or important enough to have him walk away like that, and for Briana to follow suit. Eyes shot to Briana as if asking here what was happening, but all she said was for him to follow her. Understanding exactly what she meant, the male carefully hobbled after her into the elevator as the door closed behind them. ”Briana whats goin on?” He asked sounding slightly worried, the notion sinking in slowly but surely. He rested against the elevator wall while he breathed deeply, waiting for some kind of answer, even if it were “I don’t know”. Within a few minutes the thing would stop and door open.

more_horiz
Briana let the door close after Brandon hobbled in after her. "I don't know. But, something is up. I just have this....feeling that we need to be there for Silus...." she said looking at him, worry filling her dual-colored eyes. Funny thing about Precognition, it can be visions, as she commonly had, or just feelings. She learned long before now, when your gut tells you something, you follow it. As the doors opened on the floor she had asked the elevator to take them to, Briana stepped out and held the door open for Brandon. Glancing about the floor, she didn't see Silus anywhere. Now, where did he go... Not finding him, she motioned for Brandon to wait there while she checked with the nurse's station.

It took only a moment or two before Briana got the information she needed. He had come off the elevator only a few moments before them and headed to room 421N. Thanking the nurse, Briana returned to Brandon. "He's here. He went to the room at the end of the hall around the corner," she said with a smile, and motioned with her head for him to come with her as she headed in the direction of the room.

more_horiz
Silus smirked. He looked up to the person in the bed and chuckled at the memory he just experienced. His eyes began to glow due to the sudden shift in emotion. He didn't know what to say, but then again...what do you say to someone like this? Someone YOU made like this, just to make a point. He clutched his hands and thought that he was going to break his carpel bones by making the fist too tightly.

"I-I'm sorry...I-I don't know what the Hell to say...but I'm sorry." Silus said as he punched his own thigh. He felt his throat go dry, like the Sahara desert. His hands were sweating and he was freaking out a little, thinking he was going to be sick. "I...I know I say it every time...but I really am sorry. I never wanted it to go like this...and I'd trade you in a heart beat. You have a family...you had friends. I got nothin'... I promise I'll be back." Silus said as he calmed himself enough to key off his powers. He punched the guy in the shoulder and started to walk out the door.

more_horiz
From what he could tell, not even Briana knew what was happening in Silus mind and that concerned him. She however said that she had a feeling they needed to be there for Silus and that he could agree on, even if he was hurting within his own way. As soon as the elevator reached the designated floor, both stepped out, him following Briana more than anything as she seemed to be telling the half-wit what to do, something that he was more than happy to allow her to do. All he did was lazily lean on his crutches, murmuring a soft tune to himself, while his mind wondered away to nowhere. She came back saying where he was, and that meant that they could perhaps find him soon, Brandon following after her. However soon enough they came face to face with the male and he looked rather troubled. Brandon wanted to say something but as always his mind betrayed him.

more_horiz
Reaching the end of the hall, Briana watched the number plaques on the wall as the numbers reached the one they were looking for. Seeing Silus exit, her heart fell. She saw an emotion on his face that she had never seen before. He looked completely washed over by something between sorrow, frustration, and something else... Not being able to put her finger quite on what it was, she took a few tentative steps towards him. Putting a hand on his forearm, Briana looked up into his face, her dual-colored eyes filled with nothing but concern for her friend. She went to say something, but thought better of it and instead, gently wrapped her arms around him, hugging him. She didn't know what happened or why he was here, but her feeling told her this was what she needed to do. So, she did as it said...

more_horiz
So this was how it was going to be huh? Just him AND Bri AND Brandon now. He scoffed and rolled his eyes the second he say them and turned to walk on his own way. Bri caught his forearm and stopped him. He looked down at it...she was VERY lucky he liked her, because all he had to do was let his power loose and she'd NEVER touch him again. She'd avoid him like a rat on the Titanic. He was actually contemplating it too. He was NOT happy with them in the slightest...in fact he was rather infuriated. If he brewed over this any more he'd probably trigger his power innately.

"What?" He spat. She just up and hugged him then. Like stalking him wasn't enough to make him mad, but now here she was hugging him. People avoided him like the plague for the past four years because of what he did to the kid in the room behind him...and now, NOW someone wants to hug him? He wasn't sure which to do, tear up or TEAR it up as he stormed away. He didn't know her that well even...true enough he kinda liked her, but that means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. For some reason he calmed down a little and he just sighed. "So...note to self. Never tell Briana I'm taking care of something...and at some point I need to teach Brandon to Sit and Stay." He said with a little laugh, trying to show he wasn't mad anymore. He reached up and ruffled Brandon's hair.

more_horiz
His mind wasn’t really there at the moment, perhaps the sedatives still running their devious course or something, but whatever it was he could not tell. Still he knew there was something wrong with Silus and he wanted to help in some way, no matter what that way was. The oaf never really liked anyone to be unhappy, even if that person hated him immensely. He was a fool in that respect, as well as just being a fool. Silus seemed surprised by her hugging him, as if people never hugged him before and he would have as well, if he didn’t have to limp over to him and risk breaking the poor guy. He ruffled Brandon’s hair lightly after saying something, and the male with as much care as possible threw an arm around each of their shoulders, pulling them into a sort of group hug. ”I feel like I’m forgetting something though.” Brandon muttered, possibly having forgot something.

more_horiz
Briana simply held him, not saying anything as she felt him go rigid. She knew that his power had the possibility of effecting her or just happening to turn on without warning thanks to this, but she...trusted him. Trusted him to not use his power on her. As he relaxed, she looked up at him and smiled. His comment made her smile a little brighter. As Brandon put a strong arm around them both, she shrugged. "It was my fault, Silus. I just got a....feeling....that you needed us," Briana said, hoping that Silus would know what she meant. He knew about her Precognition, but she didn't know how much he knew other than she had visions. Silus might not know that feelings came with it... "I'm sorry...." Briana said quietly, hoping that he would forgive her. She didn't want to lose him. Of all the people she had gotten to know, he was the closest and most important to her.

I feel like I’m forgetting something though... Briana looked back at Brandon and noticed just what he was forgetting. "Brandon, where are your crutches?" she asked with a giggle, looking around for them.

more_horiz
"I don't need anyone..." He said, mostly uncaring but he smiled as he looked to from Briana to Brandon, a smile still on his face as he ran his hand through his hair. "But I'm glad to have someone...or well...I guess some ones. What would be the plural of that?" Silus asked with a chuckle as he looked from Brandon back to Bri. He hugged her back and Brandon as well, then quickly coughing and rubbing the back of his head with his cheeks burning up when he noticed people at the Nurses' station looking at him. That was more embarrassing than his friends would ever know...probably. Unless Brandon is actually a telepath.

Briana reminded Brandon about his crutches and Silus retrieved them for him walking back and chuckling. The kid would probably lose the dang leg too if he wasn't careful. He placed a crutch under Brandon's arm and started towards the elevator. He looked back with a smile and an arched eyebrow. "You guys coming?" He asked them.

Last edited by Silus Mason on Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Silus smiled, and something within Brandon seemed to burn in a weird way, even if what he said sounded uncaring. Something told him that the whole uncaring thing was an act, and he would not believe something like that, well he didn’t want to at any rate. Silus asked what the plural of what someone was and Brandon didn’t really know what plural meant, or perhaps it simply slipped his mind, as he heard the word before but it wasn’t something common within his circle of friends, or the people that he had called friends. It was when briana mentioned the whole missing crutch thing that he realized that he was indeed missing his crutches, and the male worried that they had somehow fallen into an other dimensional rift. ’I’m comin.” Brandon said with a wide smirk as he hobbled after him with the crutch, slowly but surely figuring out how it worked.

more_horiz
Feeling Silus' strong arms finally return her hug, Briana smiled happily. As the three of them let each other go, Briana noticed a small coloring to Silus' cheeks and she shook her head. Maybe this was the start of a close friendship between the three of them. Something that she thought they could all benefit from in the long run. "Don't know the plural of someone, but 'you guys' is good enough," Briana offered as a solution to the puzzle of a plural one.

Silus found the missing crutches and gave Brandon only one of them to hobble around on. Maybe learning to walk with one would be better than having to learn on two right off the bat. She watched as Silus walked back to the elevator before turning back to them, a smile on his face. The last piece... Her vision was complete. Seeing that smile made Briana's heart skip, not like when her Precognition was firing up, but something else... Brandon answered that he was coming and took off to meet Silus. Briana, offering a tender smile of her own, nodded and moved to join them.

more_horiz
Silus didn't stay mad long. As far as he was concerned it was water under the bridge. He didn't have to worry about anything anymore, this was over and done with. Silus walked over to the elevator and went down to the Main floor. Adelane passed them as she slung a purse over her arm and noticed the three students all looking about. Silus smiled at her and waved. She arched an eyebrow and walked up, cutting them off from going too far.

"And why are YOU all smiles?" She asked Silus, that extra oomph at the end of her voice, grilling him a little. He gave her a look that basically posed a rather smug grin. She shook her head. "Scratch that, I don't wanna know. But what I DO want to know... do any of you babies have a ride back to the school?" Adelane asked. Silus looked back at the other two students.

"Ad...he doesn't even have his cast yet..." Silus pointed out. Adelane looked at him and sighed as she thought about it for a moment.

"Well let's hurry up honey, I a'int waitin' all night. Let's get his cast and I'll drive y'all back to the school" Adelane said with a "shooing" motion.

more_horiz
Everything was fine in his mind, Brandon smiling widely despite the state that his leg was in. A broken leg was not a walk in the park, but with an attention span like his, Brandon did not have to worry about it really. As long as he didn’t go standing on the thing all would work out fine, and the crutches helped. They ran into the rather sassy woman again, his smile not wavering for a second as she offered to drive them home. Luckily Silus mentioned that he had not gotten a cast yet, and that was a rather important thing for a broken leg really. The woman thought for a moment, and said that she would quickly get it done, and that was good enough. ’Sweet.” He murmured with an even wider smirk, following the womans direction or whatever.

more_horiz
Exiting the elevator, Briana stopped quickly, along with the boys, when their path was blocked by the same African woman from before. Her smile faded only slightly when she asked Silus was he seemed so happy about but then dismissed it, apparently not really wanting to know. When she asked about if they had a ride back to The Institute, Briana's smile returned, but, upon looking at Brandon, found that his leg was still not quite in the proper way for one that is broken. They couldn't be having him hobbling around on a slinted leg when it was broken as it was, which Silus pointed out. Says that she would get things in order and take them all back to the school, Briana tipped her head to the nurse. "Thank you," she said happily. She didn't know which part of the happy feeling dealt with her vision, but she was glad that the cluster of things she expereinced all played out as they had.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum