X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

descriptionCompleteDaring to Explore [MA-15]

more_horiz
Valerie shouldn't be out here. She should of been at the Institute, studying. She should of been somewhere safe. And the Valerie everyone knew would be exactly there. At a safe place, far away from any form of danger. After everything she had been through, Valerie wasn't ready to face the outside world. Or that was what most people thought, seeing as she was shy, closed to herself and with no friends. Spending her time alone with a book, or playing with her powers.

And yes, it was true. She was closed to herself and preferred to spend time alone, seeing as everyone thought of her like a little damaged doll. It wasn't as if she didn't want to have friends and have fun like everyone else did, but she couldn't see some sort of try from them to approach her, so why should she?

But she was sick of it. Hearing rumours about her going around the Institute. How broken and alone she was. Like a little child.
She was seventeen years old, and the fact that she had trust issues did not make her the vulnerable girl everyone thought of her. She was sometimes naive, yes. But mistakes need to be made for us to learn.

Deciding to be daring, trying to prove a point to no one but herself, Valerie sneaked out of the Institute. She wanted a little adventure during the night, and what better place than Downtown? There were clubs, people, night life. Things Valerie had never seen, so it was obvious she was out of her waters.

For a moment, and even though she had never had one, she wanted a drink. Something strong to make her forget why she was here, and give her the courage to do things she hadn't been planning to do. Now that she was finally facing the truth, she wanted to turn around and just go back to the Institute.
And she did just than, but when she turned around, her body collided with someone else's, making her stumble back, holding her head.

"Oh mon Dieu! I'm so sorry... I..."
Valerie bit her lip and looked up at the person she had just stumbled into. First half an hour out of the Institute and she was already in trouble.

Val's Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/night_out/set?id=123042435

descriptionCompleteRe: Daring to Explore [MA-15]

more_horiz
Sean paused for a moment, taking in the night air with a deep inhalation through the nostrils. The sound of the breath was slightly annoyed, as he glared down at the blinking icon indicating that his cellphone was dying, not that Sean was surprised. If it had been charged before he left the mansion this would have been different, yet he did not and now he would be left without any means of communication. Not that he was worried about it, given the fact of no one really taking the time to contact Sean anyway. Tonight was a night on the two and one he would enjoy despite what happened.

The young mutant was dressed simply, in a black t-shirt with an animated skull on it and dark blue shorts that stopped mid knee, hands buried deep into his pockets. A low whistle was pouring from his lips as he waked along the sidewalk, a small skip within his step as he did so, silver orbs darting about and taking in the scenery. A few vehicles drove past him, intermingling with the traffic as people went about their dailty lives, and did not think twice about the dangerous once in their midst. Nothing could go wrong really, well until someone ran into him at any rate.

Sean stumbled back a few steps, muttering a light curse as he regained his balance. Shaking his head a couple of times, Sean looked to the person that had bumped into him and blinked a couple of times, trying to understand what she had said. ”no…its fine.” Sean noted shaking his head a couple of times, and wiping a few strands of black hair from his forehead, considering the female standing before him. ”Was that…um French you were speaking?” he found himself questioning, Brooklyn accent becoming slightly more defined.

more_horiz
Valerie was still shocked. She shouldn't have gone out in the first place, but what could she do now? She was starting to proved to herself that maybe those people were right. That she was the fragile little girl everyone believed she was. And that made her angry. Angry that she couldn't be on her own. Angry that she always had to rely on someone else. Angry that she couldn't be like all the others. A normal girl, with no powers, and a normal, loving family.

Biting her lip, she stared at the boy she had stumbled upon, trying to figure out what to say. He seemed to be brushing off the incident, not even bothering about it, making her a little curious. People were usually mad when that happened, especially at the Institute. They all mumbled curses if she ever stumbled upon them. But this reaction was new to her.
Maybe people weren't so bad after all, but she could not come to a conclusion with just seeing that. So instead of walking away when the guy asked her something, she smiled, feeling a little relaxed. Maybe she could try making some friends from the outside, since the inside wasn't so friendly.

"Uh, yes. I'm... I'm Valerie..."
Everything was so awkward and she was the cause of it. Why couldn't she be sweet and actually try being more of a woman than a girl? Maybe because she was still a girl after or, or maybe it was because she needed a little... push.

"And who are you? What are you doing out here?"

more_horiz
Sean considered the female that had bumped into him, something about her overall demeanor interesting. From what he could tell she was of the socially awkward variety, granted that may have been simply because of the characteristic stuttering that she did. ”Nice to meet you Valyrie.” Sean noted with a nod, licking his lips as he removed his hands from his pockets and rubbed them together. ”I’m Sean.”He could have forgone giving his name like most New Yorkers, but his mother did raise him to have manners, and so he would.

Of course she had also asked who he was, so there was also the whole answering questions thing. ”As for why I’m out here, I was enjoying a walk. It’s a beautiful night and would be a damn shame to waste it sitting inside.” It was indeed a wonderful night and he would not waste it. ”I would assume that was why you’re out so late, unless there is some other motive.” he pondered out loud with a smirk, clicking hos tongue as if to show that he were only joking.

more_horiz
Valerie took in the information he was giving, listening carefully. He didn't seem bad at all, which made the girl feel a bit less insecure and worried. Overreacting wasn't going to take her anywhere, but being social might end up giving her great results.
For a girl that had never been out of the Institute, she was facing the 'Real World' rather good.
Somewhat proving the point that not everything was going to hurt her out here, and that she could take care of herself.

His reason for being outside was simple yet had a point. A beautiful night like this shouldn't be wasted by sitting inside and studying, or drowning to the pain and hatred she was receiving. She had to take her mind off of all the things she was told, and just do something spontaneous. Something crazy that she would probably regret afterwards, but it would be worth it. And even if the young girl got in trouble, it would be for a good cause. Or so she thought.

As he questioned her motives of being outside, Valerie bit her lip, not sure what to say. It certainly wan't because of the beautiful night, but she barely knew that boy, how could she trust him?
Except the fact that his name was Sean, and that he was really cute, she knew no more. She couldn't reveal the fact that she was a Mutant, or her real reasons of being so far away from the Institute. So instead, she made up something close to the truth.
"I... I am just taking a break from all the school drama... 
I've had enough for a while..."

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum