X-Men: World of MutantsLog in

Nothing beats pizza, except maybe pie [PG-13]

descriptionCompleteRe: Nothing beats pizza, except maybe pie [PG-13]

more_horiz
He quickly dressed himself in a hoodie, sweat pants and didn't even bother to do his hair. He just put his ear buds in and took off dressed "Sub-Par" for his usual work environment. He found himself on his Black Widow motorcycle and trailing off to work. Sure, generally he took their lame-ass truck, but not on a day off. He pulled into the office and hopped off the cycle and walked into the office building. Upon entering he made his way to the reception desk and handed the manila folder and smiled to the dark-skinned woman over the desk. She knew him and smiled back, greeting him and asking how he was. After that he simply turned, pivoting on the back of his foot before running right into a young blonde girl in a pencil-dress.

"Ah shiet" He said, trying to catch himself from using unprofessional language, but when he turned he squatted down and began to pick up the papers the woman had dropped. "Oh, hi Ryan!" The voice came. Austyn froze up, the voice belonged to the one and only Samantha, his bosses' daughter. Though Austyn would have questioned why she believed him to be Ryan, he thought he knew. Probably because he was dressed different, and he used language he otherwise wouldn't. Austyn looked up and a big smile crossed his face as he looked up at her. She smiled back, being the pleasant Goddess she was. "Hi Sam." He said, grinning like an idiot. He snapped back to the folders and papers he collected and tried to put them together in some form of semblance before handing them back. Of course it wasn't all perfect, but it was enough to work with.

"Thanks! Oh, wait! While you're here I've been meaning to get ahold of you. You know how they have that formal banquet tomorrow night?" She asked. Austyn found himself wondering Why is she asking me that? I have to be there... He wondered. He had yet to realize he had been so distracted by her voice and thinking of her that she had called him Ryan. "Uhhh, yeah? Why?" He asked. She smiled and pushed her hair back as she bit her lower lip.

"W-well uhm. I was wondering if you were open to be my plus one. I-I mean unless you were going with your brother." She asked. Austyn's eyebrow arched. Uhm, why would Ryan want to go hear people bash mutants? Besides, sure I do virtually EVERYTHING with him but we aren't conjoined.He thought to himself, a smile creeping on his face. Besides, he had a chance to go with Sam, he'd be an idiot to pass it up. "Uh-uh Y-yeah! That'd be cool." He said, grinning like an idiot. He found himself bright red and wanting to just laugh., This was astounding. Especially for Aurtyn who had a very particular...taste in whom he was attracted to. She let out a little squeal and clapped he rhands, almost dropping the folder again.

"Super! Oh this is so great, you have no idea. Sorry, I'm rambling." She said, Austyn just smiled and nodded. "It's okay." he said, smiling as wide as he possibly could. I live with Ryan, I'm used to it the thought. "Alright, well...uhm.... I'll see you at eight?" She asked, there was something almost hopeful in her voice that powered Austyn into aan over-excited nod and smile. She just smiled back, both of them bright red as she shifted her hair one more time.

"Great! I'll uh...see you then." She said as she began to walk past, Austyn just stood there and watched her walk off. Such grace in function and form, and the intellect to- "Oh, and thank you for bringing that folder in for Austyn!" She said. Austyn just nodded before his brain triggered and the machine finally clicked.

"W-wait what?" He asked under his breath. He'd make a rush home and make a bee-line for the office, hopefully Ryan was available...

more_horiz
Ryan yawned bunching up the clothing that he had gathered form the floor, forming a large wad of clothing and then cramming it into a basket, where more clothing had been placed into. It did not take him too long to gather up everything that had formed into piles on his floor and then prep them to be cleaned, walking through the hallway and catching sight of his brother in seemingly casual clothing for his usual work place. Ryan cocked his head to the side for a moment, then shaking it and heading to the little washroom with the alrge white washing machine. He would toss the clothes in, along with some of the required stuff before turning it on and returning to cleaning his room, clearing the piles that were scattered about and making sure that any trash was…dealt with. All in all it was an annoying task, but then Ryan got to it he was rather thorough.

It took him around twenty minutes to do all of this, the male sighing upon finishing it and walking out of his room and around the house. Finally deciding that his body needed required sustenance, fetching a cigarette from a half-finished pack and then the half beaten lighter, walking out the front and lighting it; the end glowing a cherry red as Ryan took a deep drag of it. With an exhale he would release a semitransparent cloud of smoke that faded away into the air, the cigarette lasting him around ten minutes before he crushed it in his hand and walked back inside, disposing of it in the trash can where it would likely go unnoticed. Washing away any residual ash, he would plop down on the couch and turn the television on, seeing if there was anything good on.

Soon enough his brother would return, Ryan turning his attention to him. ”Welcome home brotha.” He greeted in the usual cheery tone.

more_horiz
"Yeah, thanks. We'll see if you're still happy here in three minutes." Austyn said half-handedly as he went right for his laptop. The most reliable source of information he could think to go to was his Facebook. While he was certain that Sam would post something on her news feed about finally getting her plus-one, he found himself with more information that I could have hoped. Sam DID write on her news feed about going with Ryan, not tagging him but Austyn knew what it meant. He rolled his eyes, especially when the little chat bubble lit up with a 1 inside it. Clicking he button he saw Sam's name and a brief beginning to the question. His heart sank already knowing what it was about. He clicked it and read the contents.

It was mostly Sam asking about Ryan. Nothing creepy, some of it cute and endearing, but ultimately it was just a scared "little girl" coming to her friend for advice. Austyn gave the same bull-shit he gave everyone else. Be yourself, don't change, you're an amazing person, blah blah blah. Granted, Sam IS an amazing person but all Austyn could hope was that Ryan didn't get a Private Message. Austyn closed his laptop, tossed it aside on the couch and placed his elbows on his thighs and his head into his hands, he bottom of his palms pressing firmly into his eyes. Go figure. I zone out on her face for one fucking second and I miss something. How could she think I was Ryan? How didn't I catch that? Ryan's going to be pissed... He found himself thinking those few things, but he found his mind swirling with even more cruel notes and notices. He found his emotions messing with him in the most torturous ways, eventually bringing him to an excessive feeling of bitterness and anger. He laughed a little before taking a shaky breath in and letting a sigh out. "Perfect."

more_horiz
Ryan’s expression changed from happy to confused in a matter of seconds, head cocking to the side much like a confused puppies would. His eyes would follow his brothers as he walked to retrieve his lap top, licking his lips as he considered what would cause him to take on that tone, and say something like that. Usually it was just him saying something along the lines of the first part of his greeting, and then probably making a little small talk, but…something was off. His mind was so deep into contemplation that he did not really notice that his phone had buzzed and released a small little tone, one that suggested a facebook message. He was still wondering what was up with his brother as he seemed to type something out on his laptop, occasionally stopping and then starting again. Maybe it was someone messaging him on some manner of messaging thing?

Taking a second from observing Austyn he would waltz into the kitchen, digging through the cupboard and removing a small silvery packet of pop tarts, tearing it open and pulling one of them out. It was some manner of fudge flavor, or so he could tell upon biting into it and humming to himself. With rhat done he would walk back to the living room and see Austyn kinda sitting there with his palms pressed over his eyes, looking really….well he could not tell what that was. Okay, Ryan was a little worried now as he plopped down onto the couch next to his twin and prodding his shoulder. ”Hey…um Austyn something botherin ya?” He would ask sounding about as worried as he felt, which in lay mans terms was very worried.

more_horiz
He wasn't okay. At all at the moment. There were few things that Austyn got distraught about, but the things he did get distraught about were all miniscule emotions that most people would have considered trivial. Austyn himself found them trivial as well, though he had never learned how to properly "cope" with situations like this. There were two things Austyn did not handle well. The first, was failure, genuinely trying and failing was a pain like none other. The second, was screwing up as he had now. He had inadvertently placed Ryan in a rather tight spot at the moment, and pangs of guilt hit his heart. The feeling of guilt was matched only by the churning nervousness in his stomach that if his brother refused to go...he just set the girl he liked up to fail. Part of him would have used the opportunity in order to get closer to her... but to know that she liked Ryan... RYAN, and not him. Though he could see what was to like. His brother was here asking him what was wrong. His brother...the strong mutant, the one that reminded their mother of their father... the child their mother favored. Austyn smirked as he shook his head. He didn't blame Sam, his brother was indeed the proverbial "package deal", the only advantage he had was a substantially better job.

"I-I....I've gone and fucked up again..."He said with a smile, one of almost disbelief as he scoffed and leaned back, rubbing the bridge of his nose. He didn't even WANT to say anything, but that wasn't his style. Unfortunately. He would need to come clean. He looked at Ryan and shook his head. "I...I uh. Okay... I turned around and bumped into Sam right? Nothing at all was said, I apologized and I gave her the files and everything was great, right? Right well, she asked me to the banquet tomorrow night, as long as I wasn't going with my brother. Well I said sure I'd love to go with her, but I was thinking that she was being a real bitch because I thought she didn't want you going right? Wrong. She then thanked me for bringing in Austyn's folders, and now here on Facebook she's fan-girling over you saying yes..." He said as he ended in a whine. So much for his crush on her. Being a demisexual was difficult to find ones self crushing on another, and when you did it was rare enough you tended to capitalize on it. Here his "Capitol" was moving on his brother and leaving him out to dry. This was not an easy thing for him to accept, but he had to. He sighed, his chest heavy and his stomach churning. What the Hell had he gotten himself into?

more_horiz
He had fucked up again? The again threw Ryan for a loop as he made a small confused hmming sound at the statement, waiting for the follow up with intertwined fingers. He would listen to what the male was saying, nodding with each word he said as if to show that he was listening until the very end, which left him….surprised. His face had gone from its usual color to a bright red as he stated that she was fan girling over him, him of all people. Why would the daughter of some big mutant hating guy want anything to do with a destructive hulk of a mutant like him? Not that he went about destroying things accidentally mind you, but the fact that she was more interested in him was confusing.

She could have went after Austyn, who was smart, handsome, had a well-paying job and a snappy sense of fashion. He was awesome in so many ways, but she was interested in someone like him….and his brother had inadvertently set him up on a date with her? ”Wait wait wait wait. He would say making a wait motion with his hands as he tried to think this over. ”Thinking that you were me, she asked you to…go with her to this whole banquet thing, and you accepted? You like basically set me up on a date with a person that I barely even know?” His voice was not angry but incredulous, as if he could not believe that something like this were happening, and it….confused him.

He had only been on a date once before, and that was with a person he was friends with for at least for 4 months.  Ryan scratched the back of his head, ruffling up his hair as he leaned back into the couch. ”This is not good at all.” Ryan whined lowly to himself, rubbing his chin.

more_horiz
Yeah I know!" He found himself snipping. Austyn actually mistook his twin's response as angry and he groaned as he hid his eyes behind his hands again, trying to think of a proper way to respond. He wasn't entirely sure, but he was pretty sure "sorry" just didn't cut it. He picked his head up and with a vicious swipe of the laptop he slammed the thing closed, showing absolutely no care for the device itself. Austyn was not an angry person, at all... so things like this were probably of surprise. He stood up and walked over to the window and looked outside. "way to go, you don't listen for five fucking seconds and absolutely everything changes. Now Ryan's not going to go, Sam will think he's an ass, Sam will associate me with him, Sam's dislike is obviously going to be seen by her dad and her dad is my boss which means work becomes a living nightmare until I quit or the first time I mess up." He muttered to himself, a little quirk he developed in order to rationalize things through. Unfortunately the only thing he could think to do was force Ryan to go.

One had a better chance of simply walking into Mordor than simply MAKING Ryan go to something or do something. Austyn had nothing more to say on the matter. He sighed as he pulled out his phone and blinked at it, knowing that while it may not end well... it was the best shot he had at making everyone happy. He opened up his phone and shuffled through the contacts. "Here. Just tell her... something. Tell her I messed up and I thought she was talking to me and not you. Tell her that...I-I don't know. Just say something." He said, tossing the phone onto the couch, Sam's number was punched in and all Ryan had to do was press send and explain.

more_horiz
Ryan recoiled slightly, not used to the snipping edge of his brother’s tone, as if expecting him to start yelling or something along those lines. Of course he may have been acting irrational, but then again Ryan was not known for being rational. Of course the slamming of the laptop, fingers intertwining nervously as his mind kind of retreated into itself, running over multiple scenarios all of which were nothing at all really. His head would snap up, following Austyn as he walked over to the windows and began to mutter to himself, though he caught none of the words that he was saying, yet something about it worried him. Ryan ran fingers through his own hair, more of a nervous tick than anything as he muttered something and chewed on his own lower lip. His brother would throw his cellphone to him with a number already pressed in, and from the caller ID he could already tell who it was.

Was his brother expecting him to just call her and explain everything? Would Sam really accept any sort of explanation that Ryan would offer her, or would she overreact and then unleash a lot of trouble that he was not willing to put his brother through, like losing that well-paying job he had. Ryan would open his mouth to say something but all that came out was a bunch of mumbling, as a single bead of sweat would begin to run down his forehead, only to be wiped away by the back of his left hand. Something told him that he had gotten himself into something that he did not want to be in, but if he said no…..well that would only lead to more trouble, more than simply going to some banquet with some girl he barely even knew.

Who knows, maybe he would have fun at it, or something along those lines? He felt as if his heart would spontaneously explode or something along those lines, mind reeling and if this were a cartoon his ears would be spewing smoke. This was not good, but what could he do? Rubbing the bridge of his nose, Ryan sighed audibly and rested his chin on his palms. ”I…I guess I have no choice. I’ll have to go to this banquet thing or whatevs.” He said sounding a little hesitant, okay extremely hesitant but he was still willing to do what it took to save his brother some undue trouble.

more_horiz
"You don't have to go. I just need you to explain to her you're not interested, or your puppy was hit by a car..." Austyn said with a sigh, no longer edgy really, just seeming... worn out. His mind had been completely focused on Sam and how to try and get out of this with a shred of hope, and all of which he found no hope... anywhere. He was freaking out internally, and his usually calm and collected exterior began to show it, and when it was strong enough to least to the surface, one knew it was torture on him. He took in a sharp inhale to steady himself as he tried to calm himself down, finding himself unable to even formulate a thought. Austyn actually wanted Ryan to cancel it. That way he could hold on to that little sliver of hope, but honestly...Austyn knew better. He didn't ever hope like that anymore, because each time it lead to disappointment. He knew that that sliver of hope that he clung to was like a false idol before Yahweh, and though he wasn't an overly spiritual person he found it the best analogy for his hope, as it would do nothing more than keep him down and corrupt him like a poison. For the sake of shattering him free from the bonds of a false hope, he knew he needed Ryan to do this, to maybe have a chance with Sam and make her happy, or moreso for her to make Ryan happy. He suddenly imagined Ryan saying "Gemmie a sammich woman!" in a joking voice and it made him chuckle, even in the madness of the moment.

"If you don't mind going...there's no issue. But please don't feel like you should have to pay for my mistake." He said finally, it was perhaps the best way to put it. He smiled at his brother, broken as his mind may have been and as broken as his smile was he was genuine. He did not want his brother to suffer for his idiocy though (despite him never actually admitting to it) he had dealt with his brother's fair share too. But that's why they were twins. The one did idiotic things, the other one helped them out of it. Then they'd eventually flip positions and then there were times where they were both just flat out of luck. Though Austyn would say that his brother was never a burden, he'd be lying... just as if Ryan said that of Austyn it would be equally a lie. They were both burdens on each other, but for all the times they weren't burdens it was worth it... in Austyn's mind anyway.

more_horiz
Ryan sometimes disliked that whole self sacrificing streak that he had, always willing to throw himself over the grenade to save someone else. Of course he could take a grnade and walk away like nothing had happened, but the analogy was a well enough one. Despite the occasional squabbles that they may have, Ryan was more than willing to do anything for his brother, even if he gave him a lot of trouble before doing so, it was more of a sibling thing really. If he just rolled over and took it, then people would not take him serious, not that he was one to take serious even with his bad ass mutation. When he said he had no choice, it was more Ryan being unable to do something that would trouble his sibling, and make things harder on either of them.

Of course he had no expectations of the whole banquet thing, so that meant that he would not have to worry about being disappointed. So at worst he would have expectations met, and at best things would go better than he expected, so not too much was at stake here. His brother chuckling did confuse hi,  considering how heated the moment was but then again perhaps he had simply thought of a funny joke that despite everything made him laugh. ”You're sure I don't have to go, cause its not like I reeeaally have anything else to do, and i'm sure your friend would be horribly disappointed if I didn't show up. Would probably call me a dick and a lot of other unsavory names, went through that once and it was a huuuuuuge mess.” He started, now sounding as if he were babbling, making hand motions and just working in that bubbly fashion that he usually talked in when he was babbling.

”Besides its like an excuse to go to a banquet and those are always good.” he added trying to dig up a more positive side of this situation and perhaps to cheer his brother up somewhat. ”You could probably help me pick out what to wear cause I dress up poorly...” he then just started babbling more.

more_horiz
He could manage that. An outfit for his brother that was. He would walk to his bedroom and close the door behind him, his head thudding against the wall as he growled and cursed himself through his teeth. How could he have been so stupid? How could he have thought for a moment that she was talking to him? That would have just made his day, no more like his decade. Though it looks like it simply wasn't meant to be. But if she was interested in anyone else...he was glad it was Ryan. He was a good guy, even if he didn't know how to deal with these situations. Even if he ended up not liking her, which Austyn found to be a huge probability, he would let her down the right way. He knew he would. His brother was literally a well paying job away from being perfect.

Knowing his brother, he picked a pink polo shirt, knowing that with the three buttons he could wear clothing that was a little more "freeing" than other dress shirts and still be considered fashionable and not whorish. The next item on deck was the slacks, he picked out the black pair and the brown pair, as well as black and brown belts and black and brown dress shoes. Austyn always found himself partial to pink and black as a duo, and he wondered if Ryan would think it too. It was the more "fashionable" pairing so to speak. He laid the clothing out on the table and he sighed as he smiled and motioned for his brother to come look. "Well here we go. I figured you could leave the three buttons open and it will feel like a Tee-shirt and you can look appropriate." He said with a chuckle, forced as it may have been.

True enough, it was eating him from the inside out. He held no bitterness at all over it, not yet and in his mind not ever. He was also careful to not try and make his brother appear stupid or as if he lacked the proper dress code. Though he was certain of one thing, and as creepy as it may sound it he found it to be true. There was nothing he could do to make his brother look worse. He was attractive, though Austyn was merely stating an observation, and in all reality they were identical, so he was just being a narcissist more than anything else. "I also have several other colors too...if you'd prefer them. I just don't have yellow. Any other color I have on hand."

more_horiz
His brother would make for his room, where all of the stylish clothing was kept, Ryan twiddling his thumbs as he absently checked his phone and saw that he had some kind of facebook message. The mutant would blink for a few moments as his mind ran over what he was looking at. It was from someone named Sam, which was likely the girl that he was supposed to be going with, someone that he had likely added but never really talked to. He would quickly close his phone and wait for his brother to return, with some clothes that he had picked out and the shirt already standing out among them. Ryan shot to his feet, eyes appraising what was to be brought before him.

Without even needing to think on it too hard, he already decided upon the black to go with the pink, something about black and pink speaking to him. Perhaps it was simply the thought of how he would look within his head, but looking over the clothing something about it was appealing to him. He would hum to himself for a second before piking up the pink shirt and then looking at the pants, his mind matching them together and imagining them on himself. ”This looks good really. The whole pink and black thing might work on me.” he said out loud, eyes scanning over the clothing once more before he placed down the shirt. ”Good thing I asked you for help. I can't dress up fancy to save my life, or anyone elses really.” He noted out loud, eyes narrowing for a moment.

”Hmm, are you goin to the Banquet thing too?” he would ask seemingly out of nowhere attention snapping to Austyn for a second before turning back to the shirt.

more_horiz
"Yeah, I don't have a choice. I'm a speaker as it turns out" He chuckled slightly. He rubbed the back of his head and nodded. "I-uh... I'm guest of honor...sorta." He neglected to mention that he was actually getting an honorable mention of sorts, a verbal award of sorts for his assistance. He didn't think it was really anything he needed to tell his brother about, though he actually needed to say a little something. Now he had to watch what he said, that it wasn't too anti-mutant. He could find a way, he knew he could, and he knew he'd find a way to make Ryan proud. If that mattered any, which to Austyn it did. He also had to laugh at the remark about his clothing. It was so true, Ryan cleaned up just like Austyn, which was really well. The difference was that Ryan didn't know how to dress up.

"So...you're alright with this then?" He asked, as if making sure, Ryan's last chance to back out so to speak. Austyn would accept either answer, and respect him for either too. It wasn't exactly something easy to decide, and Austyn felt guilty asking him to decide. But either way, no decision would affect them as brothers, so no decision was worth a fuss over, or so Austyn believed.

more_horiz
”You're a speaker? Thats pretty cool!” He would both ask and say in a sort of interested sounding tone, as if not really having expected something like that. Well, he should have expected it but then again that was Ryan being Ryan. Now he wondered what his brother would be speaking about, and if it would be something that would interest in any. ”Yeah, i'm pretty sure about this.” He would say with a nod. ”I mean, whats the worst that could happen?” Of course that question was usually followed by something that would prove something worst could happen, but he was not going to dwell upon it at the moment. So long as the building did not collapse or this was some manner of mutant witch-hunt in disguise, then he would be perfectly fine.”I mean unless something really could happen that’s worst, then I don't wanna know.” he added with a chuckle.

more_horiz
"Haha, you know not to say that. Especially YOU of all people." Austyn snickered a little, actively trying to push himself to laughing and interacting again. It was really difficult to be honest, but it was a it easier with Ryan still being so damn upbeat. Sure, Austyn may have been the more mentally driven, but Ryan had everything else. He never forgot what a blessing it was to have his twin, even when it was not in his favor. Maybe that had something to it. He smirked as he stood there, looking back out the window. Maybe things would work out tomorrow. He paused and thought to himself for a moment, and the thought crossed his mind.

"Hey, what are you up to? Got any plans for today? Well...I mean, has anything changed since I left? This mess aside?" he asked his twin brother. He looked to Ryan, unsure of what the answer could be, but still he formulated a plan in his mind. He didn't want the day off to end on a note like that. They needed to do something, and Ryan had an idea or two, but it all depended on if his brother was busy the remainder of the day. If he was busy he'd have to skip it until next time around, but if not he might be able to recover the rest of the day.

more_horiz
Of course Ryan shouldn't say that, as usually the worst always found a way to happen to him, or atleast something that could be equated to worst. So all he could do was hope that the worst did not happen, and hope that perhaps a more neutral situation happened, like a bomb or something. No, a bomb would probably just as bad as whatever else he could think of, and people would likely somehow blame the guy with no knowledge of bombs somehow, simply due to the whole mutant mumbo jumbo. So maybe a bomb would not be the best thing to happen to him, maybe just him getting through the whole boring banquet thing and then just going home to play some video games. Maybe his brother would have something interesting to speak about, or maybe he would not, considering that these banquet did not always have the most interesting things happening at them.

”Do I have any plans for today? Well...no I really don't actually. I was plannin to like jus play video games, and the usual stuff, unless you have something in mind anyway.” Despite his sudden having to go to some kind of banquet, Ryan’s day did not really change much, save for him feeling a little worried that he would somehow mess up as was his luck. Well, it was not like he could back out of the ordeal now, so he would have to deal with whatever happened.

more_horiz
"Actually, there was that new "Superhero" movie, I guess if you could call it that." He said, though in reality he wasn't sure if it was categorized as a superhero film. It was about some strange post-nuclear world. It was basically a Fallout movie, and it was the second installment. As far as Austyn could remember, it was a great first movie, and he was kinda bummed when it was over. So now there was a chance to go see the second installment of the little series and probably make it up to his brother for doing this crap. He recalled Ryan liking it, though he couldn't be too sure honestly. That was a while back, about three years back actually. He hummed as he cracked his neck and let out a drawn out sigh. If his brother said no he would simply defer to his judgment and hide away in his room with his laptop. Before that happened though, he'd need his brother's answer.

more_horiz
The mention of a superhero movie caught his interests the male seemed to snap his attention to Austyn with a wide smile, as if not exciting to hear something like that. ”Yeah, we could so watch that!” Ryan said with a wide smile, jumping to his feet with a certain amount of energy. Of course it was not much like a superhero movie, but then again it was something that he enjoyed, so there was always that. ”I hear that this one has like twice the action as the last one, and the story is supposed to be great.” Ryan would begin walking back to his room and retrieving his wallet, smirking widely as he looked to Austyn. ”Alright, lets go!” He would say with a little cheer.

more_horiz
"Twice as much action? What is Michael Bay directing it now?" He laughed, though he could believe that the story would be twice as good, since this was a collaboration of several great names within the film industry. He laughed as he nodded and looked to the key rack for the truck keys. "If the story is half as good and has twice the action, I'll die a happy man." He said as he walked out towards the truck. IT was a unique truck, and by that Austyn was politely saying that this piece of junk was THEIR junk and they'd never get rid of it. This was their first automobile after all. It took the both of them and their normal, minimum wage jobs to afford the piece of trash, then slowly but surely they put a little money away each week when the paychecks rolled in and they bought the parts to totally refurbish it. They even had to refurbish it themselves, spending hours upon hours in their lawn, trying to get grease out of his hair.

Though the rough and tumble exterior was a nice touch it was a perfectly good truck worth more than it's weight. The weight that Ryan always drove. He hopped onto the step-up and unlocked and opened his door, tossing up and lobbing the keys to the other side, the drivers side for Ryan to catch them and let himself in. With that they'd be off to the new movie thing they were looking forward to.

more_horiz
”He's one of the peeps directin it.” Ryan said with a chuckle and a nod, part of him expecting copious amounts of explosions to fill the movie. Of course he was expecting the story to suffer in favor of the extra action but the action was likely to make the story seem like something that made sense, once his mind was numb from the explosions. "I dunno, you still might find something wrong with the main love interest. Something about her being too whiny, or somethin."He joked with a smirk.

With all of it decided, they would walk through the front door and look upon the junky truck in their front yard, Ryan smiling widely as his eyes fell upon it. There was a certain charm to the junk heap, especially with all of the work that the twins had put into it. It brougth up the memory of the time that he nearly ripped the axle out or something like that, but luckily no real damage was done then; save for his brother nearly having a heart attack.

He pat the side of the truck lightly as Austyn tossed him the keys, Ryan's hand shooting up and catching it. Stepping into the truck, Ryan would push the keys into ignition and started the thing up, as he waited for Austyn to take his seat and then they would be off; to that movie that they were so ready to see.

more_horiz
That movie had been, perhaps the most brilliant motion picture he'd ever seen. Sure, Ryan was right, the love interest was a whiney bitch who used her sex appeal to hog the spotlight, but enough about Megan Fox. The music was all original and sublime, the videography was well pieced together and the angels were at just the right places at the perfect timing. More than half of the transitions flowed so perfectly that you didn't even realize the scene changed until you saw the new people. Then you had the right blend of plot an action, as well as a tale of interactions. All in all it made Austyn wonder Who wouldn't want to live in a world like that?

Alas, the evening had to end sometime, and for Austyn it was almost too soon. They made it back to their little domicile and after that Austyn retired, leaving his brother to do whatever it was that Ryan did when he slept. The hours would pass and Austyn would sleep rather soundly, and his day would have gone as usual, that was up until it was 7:00pm and they were running late, as always. Austyn was dressed in his full tuxedo and he had hoped Ryan stayed on as planned for the pink polo and the pants, because Sam had chosen an outfit to match his. One of those stupid little details he was so particular over. Austyn called out for his brother, expecting him to be trying to hop to the door while feeding his leg into his other pant-leg. Ultimately, Austyn proceeded to rent a nicer car for the day, hoping to not show up as a total hick who was trying to play politician.

"Alright, we have an hour to get Sam and arrive. Well, YOU do. Take the rental, I'll take the cycle, It's really going to mess with my hair though." He said, quickly realizing the last thing he needed was for his boss' daughter to step out of a truck with someone who looked like him. He'd rather be seen as a potential degenerate than a hick. "I'll meet you guys there. Adios." He said as he shoved the helmet over his head and turned the key over, starting the cycle and speeding off for the banquet.

more_horiz
To say that the movie was amazing would have been an insult almost, as the movie was beyond anything that he had ever seen within a movie in his entire lifetime. Ryan for the most part sat there with eyes wide open, as if like a blind man that was staring at the sun for the first time. He was glad that he had chosen to actually watch the movie, instead of illegally watching it on the internet like he did with some lesser movies. When the movie was done, and Ryan had managed to shake off the surprise at how good the movie was, they would make their way home within the same dumpy truck that they normally drove around. His mind was still on about the whiney love interest, but then again what else could Megan Fox be other than whiney? Sure she was good looking, but looks were not always when it came to Ryan taking any sort of interest, otherwise he would be shallow.....or hormonal.

After that Ryan would mostly sit around in his room, play video games and then eventually go to sleep like he needed to. So sleep he did, and when he needed to wake up, it took Ryan a few minutes to get up to speed, but he did eventually get up.  The next day went rather quickly, and 7:00 pm came quicker than Ryan expected, having to get dressed as quickly as possible without managing to ruin his clothing. This was probably like his fourth date ever, and even though Ryan did not choose to go on it, he would make a good impression. When his brother had called, he was still trying to press a leg through his pants and finally managed to do so, pulling them up and zipping them quickly.

Then came the shoes that he was supposed to be wearing, hair being made up and then everything seemed right. Plopping a piece of mint flavored gum into his mouth, and making sure that he had cigarettes for the eventual smoke break, Ryan would make his way outside. His brother was leaving him to drive with her alone, which made him feel slightly nervous but he did not show it, simply offering a smile and a nod. ”Yeah I can totally do that.” he said watching Austyn drive off and sighing to himself, attempting to calm himself and only making it worst somehow. ”Alright...I just gotta pick her up and then I drive to the place.” Ryan muttered to himself as he tried to remember where he was supposed to be going.

Stepping into the rental car thing, he started it up and drove to wherever it was Sam was supposed to be picked up from, Ryan driving up and rolling the window down. She was already waiting out side, Ryan leaning against the window and opening the door, waiting for her to step in. ”H..hey, you're looking nice.” He said trying not to stutter like an idiot. He only really stuttered near the start, which was better thsn expected. Now that he got a good look at her, Ryan had to admit that Sam was beautiful.

more_horiz
Sam was more than excited to see Ryan, burning up when she saw him as she stuttered a thank you and got in with a beautiful smile. She found herself speechless. Austyn had forgotten that she could be as derpy as Ryan could, then again those were the beautiful blondes for you. Honestly, Austyn would objectively (taking his emotions out) say those two were meant for each other, though he'd never allow it to happen. For several, obvious reasons. He arrived on his cycle, and multiple people were shocked to see his take his helmet off and his goggles off, and with a single swipe of the hand, fixing his hair to it's perfect placement. He handed the helmet to the Valet and smiled and nodded nervously as he stepped towards the building, haste in his step. Of course there was the typical Champaign and the black suits and ties, multiple people in polo's enjoying the company of others. The formal code here was very, very stretched out. To this regard he was happy that he dressed up so nicely. He stepped over to the small circle formed around his "boss" Senator McCartney.

"Ah! There he is. Gentlemen, let me introduce you to the secret to my perfect image. One mister Austyn Abernathy!" The Senator said as soon as he saw Austyn approached. Austyn felt a smile work it's way to his face. Deep down he loved the praise he got, though he hated the actual things he needed to do. Austyn sort of ducked his head, chuckling, being rather bashful as he approached and the Senator put a hand on his shoulder. "This young man is the one young man a father wouldn't mind his daughter bringing hom, A gentleman and a scholar but not afraid to fight for it." He said with a laugh. Austyn was feeling rather overwhelmed by the praise he was receiving and turned a bright red.

"Thank you sir, but the people elected you because you are the one who fights for them in a senate of greed, not from anyway I twist words." Austyn said, everyone in the circle laughed, Austyn included. One of the men even said "Oh he IS good." from the comment. Austyn found himself impressing these fools without the use of his power, and without even trying. This night might be easier than one would think. One of the men asked what Austyn planned to talk about. "Just a thank you...to Senator McCartney and a speech about unity and overall faith in the man we elected. Unity is a rather important thing in the world today, we need to find a way to rally around a common cause, something for the global good. But in order to do that we need a leader, and Senator McCartney here is the paragon of morality. A self-sustaining business, starting out living the American Dream, and giving it all up for the shackles of being a faithful servant to the will of the pwople and their well-being." He said with a nod and a smile. The others agreed and the Senator seemed more than flattered, so his job was overall complete. Despite him feeling like a sell-out.

"Oh look at that. There's my daughter with... The other one." The Senator said with a rather disappointed tone as he noted Sam and Ryan finally making it to the banquet. This was going to be interesting, especially since Sam wanted to introduce Ryan to her "daddy" "Oh, Look! Ryan, there's Austyn and Daddy. Come on, I'll introduce you." She said as she tried to take his hand and lead him.

more_horiz
”Alright Ryan, focus on the road and not her face, everything will be fine if you don't wreck.” He thought to himself as he drove along, making sure that he had a his sights on the road at all times, even though his attention strayed for a small amount of time. Both would reach the baquet intact and without a single incident, Ryan smoothing out his hair to a satisfactory style, though that was about how it was thanks to his brother helping out. He would step out of the vehicle and open the door for Sam, as he had seen in a large amount of lame romances before, wondering if it was expected on all date things.

His attention was snapping about, looking over all of the people that had attended the event and that some of them were wearing what looked like a similar style of shirt, which meant that he was not in the minority when it came to that. Even while walking his attention had been caught, and that caused him to bump into someone, a young male perhaps not too much younger than him with dirty blond hair and strange blue eyes. ”Watch where you're going.” The male would complain, eyes narrowing upon the male as he looked him over for a brief second.

”I..uh sorry bout that.” Ryan apologized weakly, the male nodding and walking away with a slightly older looking male with pale blond hair. With that awkward moment out of the way, he would return to walk about with his supposed date, though he quickly caught sight of his brother with someone else. Sam excitedly said something about Austyn and....daddy. If he knew anything about her daddy, and he knew some, then it would have not been best for him to meet him. However, the female had his hand in an iron grip was was dragging him along, not that he really intended to resist.

”Yeah...there he is.” Ryan muttered as he waved weakly to Austyn, though his expression was a silent plea for help. He wanted to avoid something as awkward as this, but it seemed that the awkwardness was going to hit him square in the face. ”Evening sir.” He said with manners and such, to avoid making a bad first impression.

more_horiz

”Nice to meet you.” Senator McCartney said, rather dry and bland through his delivery. It was a rehersed answer of course, though Austyn only sighed, the Senator able to now clearly see the annoyance in Austyn. His “attitude” towards Ryan seemed to make a total 180 shift as he stuck out a hand and offered a forced, but warm smile. ”I’m Roderick McCartney. I’ve heard so many good things about you Ryan. Though as Austyn’s twin, I’m certain you are as good of a man as your brother.” he said, attempting to be friendly as he could with a mutant. Austyn smiled but suddenly he felt ill. It felt as if he was happy, excited, scared, nauseous, like he was dying, like he was hungry, thirsty, angry, sad, depressed, all of these things flooded into him as he looked to the Senator. He could remember the senator...but not from here. Almost like they were talking about...a past life or something. It was strange, it was the most severe kind of deja vu...but entirely different.

The best way to describe what had just transpired would be for him to have, at one second in time, to have imagined himself in an entirely separate situation and have felt the feelings, the thoughts and desires he would have in that situation. Simple daydreaming is all...but he did not simply have one feeling from one situation. He felt as if there were three hundred, three thousand, and then his brain numbed and almost as if in a form of shock, he lost count and all negative thoughts at that moment in time. He let out a sigh and wiped his forehead, his skin paling slightly, the Senator looked to him, a look of genuine concern, though deep within the recesses of his mind, Austyn could not shake the feeling that this man was not being genuine with him, that the concern was nothing more than a farce. He did not know why he thought this, be he felt as though he had been betrayed by this man already… though he never knew why. ”Are you okay, my boy?” McCartney asked, a hand on Austyn’s shoulder. No, the concern was genuine… but the betrayal was unavoidable, it was a consistent thing, though perhaps he would be lucky.

”Y-yes sir! I’m just… pre-speech nerves.” he offered with a smirk, a smirk that would fool all, save for perhaps Ryan himself. With that the lights dimmed and there was a clinging noise as someone held a glass to a microphone and began to tap it with a spoon. Everyone began to take their seats, Austyn walked behind Sam, who tried to keep ahold of Ryan’s hand and lead them to their assigned table. A table that was shared between the three of them, the son of some canadian Entrepreneur, the entrepreneur himself, and a familiar tanned face that Austyn knew. Austyn smiled and said his hello to Mr.Ryan Masters, but stopped when he reached the tan male, placing a hand on his shoulder. ”Good to see ya man!” He said in a hushed tone, the male looked over his shoulder with a wide smile and nodded as Austyn sat down.

”Well yes, now we may begin the formalities of the night. First I would like to-” The man at the microphone began. Sam looked to Austyn and rolled her eyes before leaning down and in a hushed voice spoke to the twins. ”That’s great, now when do we eat?” She joked, Austyn snickering as one would not have expected the prim and proper Samantha McCartney to have said that. She proved that she had the motivation of Austyn, but the priorities of Ryan. This made Austyn rather amused, to say the least. He took out his phone and texted Ryan and Sam both into a group message.

What’s Black, Blue, and red all over? This guy. RYAN SIC ‘EM! lol jk.
Hahaha!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum